[Maintenance Discussion]-3-5-14 COMPLETE

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited March 2014 in General Discussion
Update 2:00 am - We're a bit delayed, but anticipate that the servers will be up no later than 3am PST.

Hello everyone!

Tomorrow, 3/5/14 there will be a maintenance from 11pm PST - 2am PST.

To clear any confusion, Today is the 4th and this patch will not be available until tomorrow the 5th at the specified time PST.

Manual Patches:
EN:
765-777
775-777

DE:
275-288
286-288

FR:
235-248
246-248

Patch Notes:

Localization
Classes
Blademaster
*Corrected a typo in the Mage Bane tooltip to more accurately describe its effects.

Mystic
*The Demon version of Energy Leech now displays the correct duration.

Venomancer
*The Demon version of Bramble Guard now displays the correct duration.

Wizard
*Elemental Invocation no longer displays its cast and channel times in meters.

Quests
*The quest log for Blighter's Punishment no longer contains corrupted text.

User Interface
*The "Walk behind enemy" Combo button has been renamed "Repeat" to be more accurate to its functionality.
*The German version of the patcher is no longer displaying English ads.
*The Seeker class in character creation no longer incorrectly has the Mystic header.

*Misc. grammatical fixes.

This week's maintenance question:

Do you like to PvP? If not, why so?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 775-777 14.5MB (15209973 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    In small doses. I'm not too good with negative counterfactuals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No I do not like pvp.

I find it too imbalanced/favors the strong/ranged classes entirely too much. Way too difficult to account for all the things 1 opponent might throw at you, let alone multiple opponents.

That is as far as I go into why I don't like it, not to mention it is indeed just an opinion.

Still I chose a pve server for various reasons, and getting thrown into it by nw... even if it is a choice... just irritates me to no end. :$ (Again just my opinion)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I like it, at least when the difference between my opponent and I aren't too significant. Its a lot more fun than mashing monsters all day who act predictably....and more often than not, cannot match up to today's standards of end game gear.

The trash talking can be ignored, but I feel its a bit too expensive to participate regularly (Cost of Charms, apoth, ect) at times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No, it's too p2w for the most part. And I dislike trash talk, which is around in leaps and bounds in PK, TW, that type of thing. I do like the anonymity and random nature of nation wars, it cuts down on that latter aspect quite drastically. And since a lot of different type of people have incentive to go in there (won't lose their stuff, can make money, can upgrade gear, etc, etc.) there are all different types of opponents. Some you can sneeze and kill practically, some that can one shot you, and some that can give long, hard, and fun fights. And even if you're winning, the tide can turn at anytime. Although I dislike rolling or getting rolled, especially when you had a perfectly good battle going on. So I do I like nation wars.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Yes, sometimes i do. But not too much hate & ego in PvP... So prefer to stay away from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Dadanek - Morai
    Dadanek - Morai Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    PvP was fun years ago when TT90 was end game gear and people who had gold Lunar weapon was something like gods of pwi.Anni and rep pack sales killed it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear
    LifeAfterDth - Heavens Tear Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Heres a question, when are we going to get a ACTUAL patch instead of just a bunch of grammar corrections?
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    of course pvp is awesome
    i like going on my lvl81 psy and owning every1 at silver pool
    i find it funny how some r9rrr people cant beat me :D and how i can win when people gank me despite being a squishy psy
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Heres a question, when are we going to get a ACTUAL patch instead of just a bunch of grammar corrections?

Dude, chill. Grammar is way more important than a true update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I barely like pvp in a game where everyone has the same gear. <<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I like PvP but in this game its very expensive- so i have to pass
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    PvP is fun for about 15 minutes a month...

Personally, I find there's more versatility in the PvE of this game than what people do in PvP so it gets boring really fast.
  • luckysevenblue
    luckysevenblue Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    For the most part, I guess you can say I like pvp. Having a main on a pvp server sort of forced me into it lol. But after a while I didn't mind it so much. Like most, I adapted and ended up pking quite a bit too a few years ago. But I sort of fell out of it and don't pk as much. Pking can be fun when you're fighting people and everyone's being a good sport about being killed or killing others. I've died plenty of times (in tw, nw, or just regular pk) but it's not so bad. I guess the main problem with it are those who take it too far and start trash talking or plain out harrassing you, regardless if they were the pker or the one pked. Some people like doing that because they think it gives them an edge. As for me, I say let your skills and weapon do all the talking ;). If you're good, you're good. If you're not so good, don't worry; one day you will be. So pvp is fine. Trash talking and mess is not.
  • coy0te
    coy0te Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I joined a PvE server because you don't offer a PvM server. I hate PvP which I feel encourages the belief beating on people is perfectly alright.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

No, not in this game anyway. The PvP in PWI is too imbalanced in gear. It was fun for a bit when Nation Wars first came out. Then people started getting full T3 gear that was farm-able. There was a brief time period you could stand a chance against R9's. It was actually fun. But then later on more R9's updated to R9RR. It took longer to farm and more coin to make, but eventually it caught up. Now it is once again a major imbalanced in gear. I've stopped going to Nation Wars because its no fun getting one shot and not being able to participate.

It doesn't help that PvP is completely boring out of TW and NW. All you hear over world chat is a bunch of foul-mouthed players just looking to trash talk each other and not PvP for fun. I also repeat what players have been saying for years, that there is also still an imbalance in skills, it's better then it use to be, but still imbalanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Kuddadar - Sanctuary
    Kuddadar - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey PWI, Are you ever going to fix the Air Pet summon problem for Veno?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey PWI, Are you ever going to fix the Air Pet summon problem for Veno?

China's gonna fix it and send a patch when they feel like it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Don't like PvP. I feel bad when I kill someone.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone!

In balanced situations yes. PWI, though it has lots of PvE servers, its essentially about PvP; as most MMORPGs are. All these dungeons, dailies and all, are just there to ramp up characters to their end-game PvP potential.
    However, when people gain advantages (not cashing or hacking) but simply because they were around for certain events, it creates a significant imbalance, until people have "Ramp up time" to catch up. In about 3 months, when most people are atleast rebrithed once or twice and higher ends of the Arcane/Mirage sky levels, PvP should return to a better balanced state and be more competitive and fun again.

(There will always be those players who are so much significantly further from cashing, but usually lack skill, and thus will always fall when the proper group effort is put into killing them.)

YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Awendela - Dreamweaver
    Awendela - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I dont enjoy PvP, because I find it too restrictive. Not on the part of the game, mind you, which offers more than enough alternative ways to enjoy it if one is clever enough, but on the part of players.

Its generally a set group of people who PK on the open map, and they all have a set style of combat, so once you've got that memorized, it because tedious and boring to fight them. (Not their fault, I just wish there were more people around)

I prefer Nation War, as it attracts all types of players with all types of gear, since it has such a low requirement to join in. Every time I go, I fight people or groups of people that Ive never met before, so Im having to learn to react faster and to a wider range of attacks. Its made me better at both PvP and PvE. (Im painfully awful at healing a whole squad, and this forces me to get better)

I also like seeing lower level players getting their feet wet in PvP, while being rewarded for their efforts. It makes it more fun if you get prizes. b:chuckle
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Why cant pw stick with the normal day and time for maintance which is tues night instead of pushin it a day later? Its always been maint time on tues night instead of wed since its been like that for over the last 4 yrs and counting why suddenly have to change it since last week?
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone!

To clear any confusion, Today is the 4th and this patch will not be available until tomorrow the 5th at the specified time PST.

Thanks Sparkie for the maint time change note makes it alot easier to play this way.

And I don't like PVP because I made an account on a PVE server for a reason. Killing mobs: Yes! Killing people: No!. I know what I am good at and I know what i'm not good at. And the PVP community that does exist on the PVE servers make to much of the whole PVP thing. b:surrender
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Patch Notes:

Localization
    Classes
    Blademaster
    *Corrected a typo in the Mage Bane tooltip to more accurately describe its effects.

Mystic
    *The Demon version of Energy Leech now displays the correct duration.

Venomancer
    *The Demon version of Bramble Guard now displays the correct duration.

Wizard
    *Elemental Invocation no longer displays its cast and channel times in meters.

Quests
    *The quest log for Blighter's Punishment no longer contains corrupted text.

User Interface
    *The "Walk behind enemy" Combo button has been renamed "Repeat" to be more accurate to its functionality.
    *The German version of the patcher is no longer displaying English ads.
    *The Seeker class in character creation no longer incorrectly has the Mystic header.

*Misc. grammatical fixes.

I like to say that I only PvP when I get paid for it. That means TW and NW. Once raptures get so cheap that we start npc'ing our supply tokens, I might not NW anymore. What the authors of the other posts said was true, open PvP used to be fun before damage output got insane. Fights are now much much shorter and it's so unbalanced it's just not enjoyable, to be blunt. If you want to make it more enjoyable, boost character hp for all classes so we can tank damage easier. That's why so many people quit, they have the best gear they can get without selling an organ and they git hit for 50k by a cash shopper. It's depressing for them, so they quit.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I don't like world PvP, to me it has no purpose. I leave it to r9s to waggle their eWangs around at each other.

I do however really enjoy NW and TW, so Arena style PvP. At least there's some reward from it, even if you're not that good at PvP in general.
  • Lilfuzzfuzz - Heavens Tear
    Lilfuzzfuzz - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I don't enjoy to pvp. In the past before r9 even existed I would of considered pking but now the damage output is too high due to all the attack levels, spirit, and rebirthing stat points and rebirthed skills. Its a bit ridiculous how much work, time, or cash people have to do put in to be pk ready with decent enough gear, nw gear, refines, skills, waravatar cards, rebirthing for more stat points and so on. Also the amount of dailies you would have to do whether they be bh, crazy stone, morai order quests, and the primal world dailies just take too much time. Not to mention it gets very repetive going to the same caves, doing the same quests almost everyday. I mean sure we can merchant and what not, coins are not that hard to come by. It just takes way to much time to be pk ready with skills, gear, refines, stones, and leveling to 100+ 3 times just in an attempt to max out your character for pk. Think me of being lazy if you wish but I rather not focus on all that and just have fun with the game even if my gear may suck compared to over 70% of the people I see.

I have done nw and tw in the past and they were fun I suppose since you got a reward, minus if you loose tw ofc. But I rather not do nw and tw since I'll just be 1-2 shot left and right every time.

TLDR: No, it takes a ridiculous amount of time, work, cash just to be pk ready in my opinion.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I like the concept of pvp, but: I don't like it here much, or not as much as I used to like it. The reason is because of the terrible balance in classes. Some classes have are too good on the offensive, while others are kinda weak, and need to pull a great effort to kill anyone. For example assassins have a skill that allows them to resist status ailments (66% chance in the most popular cultivation). I think it's really unfair that a team of assassins can kill a team of a mix of other classes easily. PvP should be enjoyable for everyone, not just for one class and PvP should be balanced on a 1vs1 basis.
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    what about Archer's Winged Burst Cant Search for it in Auction House but only by its old name.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Love pvp, hate the gear difference

Set gear meta to R8r/G15 max and this game would be perfect
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Kittonia - Sanctuary
    Kittonia - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I joined a PvE server because I don't like PvP. I don't like to kill people, because it makes me feel bad and when others kill me it makes me sad. I never do events that inclued any PvP or PK.

It irritates me that most of the new Cleric Morai skills can only be used on players, so I chose not to bother with them. It feels like PWI has been pushing me to PvP. I would love more clericing/player assisting skills.

I like when players can work together and help eachother to get what they need or want.
    Advanced Endless Univers and Flowsilver Palace are perfect examples, and they are awesome and fun.
  • Leoninidas - Harshlands
    Leoninidas - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Pls fix the barb skill firestorm not do about to said.