Arc Redirect

Options

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Caches are usually autosaved... so does that mean you guys cleared your cache? o,o

Yeah. I tend to clean it up at least once every couple of weeks (if not more frequently).

And now it's biting me in the butt. Dx
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • PREIIST - Morai
    PREIIST - Morai Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    global_redirect.js is the only one that needs to be blocked.
    does this thing work ? OR another trololo mode?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't mind losing blessings. I mind that, if they are gone for good, then this company will fail to do the one thing that ANY other company would do.

Any other company when removing an item for whatever reason, would actually REMOVE it from the game completely.

It would be gone from the servers, every last one of them, with a global delete. It is the only acceptable solution to this ****.

But no, it looks like blessings will be going the way of all the good things in PoE. They are now to be considered "legacy items" so yeah.

Enjoy your new found mediocrity everyone b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • mrgene
    mrgene Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    does this thing work ? OR another trololo mode?

it does
    go to adblock (I use chrome)
    options
    add your own filters
    paste this: pwi.perfectworld.com/templates/common/js/*
    Ive redeemed all dqs and been stacking blessing now b:victory
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have a silly work around if you don't want to run a 3rd party plugin in your browser to filter scripts . . .

Using IE internet options -> security -> custom level -> active scripting : set to prompt

When you load the page pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook you will get an alert that a script is attempting to run

the naughty script is the 6th one to load on the page so say yes 5 times then no once then yes until the page is fully loaded.

Redonculous but it works for me, also after filling out the facebook login you will be redirected back to the page to select you char and blessing and will need to follow the same pattern of yes and no

gl
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I inspected the obstructing elements and deleted nodes. b:victory
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Brinna_Nuala - Sanctuary
    Brinna_Nuala - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So here's the update. From what I can tell, both are gone, DQ and Blessings. Yes you should have been warned in advance, and for that I apologize. I did not know the redirect was going to have this affect on either of those, and we did not really talk about it here in the office beforehand. You expect better and I failed, so I will take it as it is.

With that said, there is a possibility that Blessings may come back, but I'm not sure how/when or through what. I don't want to give you false hope, so for now treat it as rumor and nothing more.
    Yeah, I figured that would be the answer, it is just so frustrating that I logged in yesterday and the DQ had not updated to reflect the remaining drops I accumulated @ 2x and when I log in today it is too late.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yeah, I figured that would be the answer, it is just so frustrating that I logged in yesterday and the DQ had not updated to reflect the remaining drops I accumulated @ 2x and when I log in today it is too late.

If you try some of the mentioned techniques here, it's not too late yet. b:bye
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    mrgene wrote: »
    it does
    go to adblock (I use chrome)
    options
    add your own filters
    paste this: pwi.perfectworld.com/templates/common/js/*
    Ive redeemed all dqs and been stacking blessing now b:victory

I'll repeat it because it bears repeating: you do NOT have to use that URL above to block it. That will block all JS on the site, which I doubt you actually want. Plus, it only blocks it on the english site.

To block JUST the redirect script on all three (english, french, german) sites, block something like:

*pwi*global_redirect.js

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/3346/u5iv.png
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    Lazaraes - Archosaur Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    People if you have adblock you can put this global_redirect.js in your manual block section! It seriously works I've been coaching my faction-mates through the process for the last 30 mins.

^ Big so people pay attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Beware everyone, my laptop is having a field day crunching all the tracking cookies from this new Arc they are forcing on us. If you don't have your browser set up to watch for them you might want too. Only website that sell your browser info use these type of cookies...I guess we can see why PWI is forcing Arc on everyone, guess they found another way to make money off of us.

AND I call to all of you that are as upset about this Arc stuff, them taking our blessing and DQ points without so much as a word in warning to UNLIKE PWI on your facebook! Show them how much you do not want this force down our throat!

If you run FireFox get AddBlock and Self-Destructing Cookies 0.4.3
    Don't let anyone sell your person browsing history, keep it safe.

I really doubt that they are selling our browser history. I'm sure someone would know about it by now if they were.

Haters gonna hate.
    seitori wrote: »
    I personally don't give a **** about the 'DQ-rewards page'
    as it sits right now, those we were warned about coming to an end (even though they promised a replacement system b4 the old 1 was removed)

But what I do give a **** about, is the 'Blessings page' b:angry!!! Thats not the 'DQ rewards page'

Sparkie I feel for ya ~
    Because this is the sorta **** that the higher-ups have continously done to us over the years... But if we don't get emergency restitution from them soon (And I mean lots of it (At the absolute very least > Until they restore the 'Blessings page' ability for everyone) then this will likely end up only causing mass desertions & abandonment of Both The Game and Company... (so you should tell them to get their heads outta the clouds (Way quick!) and reverse their mistake, while they still have us all only at the annoyed stage, rather then putting the fixing of this 1 off)...b:bye

I agree with the lower section of your post. This is a big hit to the players, kinda like a low blow. While we were warned that it was gonna go offline, it was stated that it should have been gone months ago. They could of given us a 48 hour warning.

How PWE responds to this situation in the next few days will likely determine the player status of many of our players, if they go the wrong way, many people may quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ok, this post is made with information some people already posted, but it's more datailed, and has pictures. Click on every link to see a picture of every step. This is for Firefox.

Before starting, get the Adblock Plus add-on

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step0.jpg

Step 1:
    Type this addresses on your navigation bar: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

When you enter the page, press right click anywhere. A menu will come out, click on Adblock Plus: Block image...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step1.jpg

Step 2:
    After you click that menu, a new window will come out. Copy the next address:

pwi.perfectworld.com/templates/common/js/*
    and paste that on the field after custom
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step4.jpg
    And then just press on Add filter, and if some warning message comes out, press continue or yes.

• Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yes this works, and no Jharken it doesn't appear to affect any of the JavaScript that is needed for navigation and menus etc.

b:victory
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yes this works, and no Jharken it doesn't appear to affect any of the JavaScript that is needed for navigation and menus etc.

b:victory

I stand corrected (for the moment) -- most of the site's JS is in templates/global instead of templates/common.

That said, blocking an entire directory when you really only want to block a single script is not a very good idea...
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    At least we have a fix, whether it's temporary or not. I'd imagine temporary since the removal of DQ points and blessings was intentional according to Sparkie. I don't suppose I should be shocked a move like this is pulled less than a month after I return to the game. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Sercia - Sanctuary
    Sercia - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why does it not surprise me for once that the players find a temporary solution before the Admins do :/
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Why does it not surprise me for once that the players find a temporary solution before the Admins do :/

Because our mods are players and our admins tend to do very little to help. There's not really any dedicated support for issues like this. I mean, we have customer support.. but that's almost never any help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options

Necessity is the mother of invention . . .
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Necessity is the mother of invention . . .

Too true.

We do have a history of beating PWI to the punch at this sort of thing.

Though I doubt their execs want us finding ways around the most recent middle finger to us but... show of hands how many of us really care what the execs forcing this **** on us think.

Anyone?

Didn't think so. b:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Too true.

We do have a history of beating PWI to the punch at this sort of thing.

Though I doubt their execs want us finding ways around the most recent middle finger to us but... show of hands how many of us really care what the execs forcing this **** on us think.

Anyone?

Didn't think so. b:chuckle

Might wanna edit that a bit -snip-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Might wanna edit that a bit -snip-

I'm fairly certain Kossy doesn't give a ****.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Options

I'd imagine so, just pointing it out. You know, since Kossy is a mod and all.

Thanks for the help by the way baby bear b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Remember while I don't like the most recent pile of poo, we do still have to play by forum rules.
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    Options

Seems to me like the threat of being banned has lost all it's weight.

>: U can't play our f'd up game anymore

b:shocked

jk

b:chuckle

But even with little fear of repercussion I have noticed the forums have made a turn for the better in the past few months. IMO forum decorum is at an all time high. Mods have been aggressively active, but I have also seen a lot of regular players (not sayin mods are irregular b:chuckle) leading by example and self policing the forums.

Warms my heart b:pleased
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Remember while I don't like the most recent pile of poo, we do still have to play by forum rules.

That's what I'm trying to remind you of. b:avoid

Anyway... do you think Sparkie's gonna be able to do anything for us here? If the trend of CMs continues then we should be on the one that actually helps. Though with forum CMs it doesn't really seem like a good idea to believe they can be of much help since out of the four we've had, two of them were near useless.

I don't imagine it would be too hard for them to at least implement the blessing on the arc site, but forcing a whole new site down our throats and trying to get us to use Arc is a pretty horrible tactic. I'd be more inclined to use it if it was a choice and offered me something I couldn't get without it, but being forced leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just have them add it to the treasure box thing that we can get every 7 days as either an O'Malleys or a Jones.

As for DQ, I redeemed most of mine, but the sentiments of the masses of not giving a warning of at least 24 to 48 hours is a unacceptable. Yes we were told it would be coming to an end, but in the end we were not told when.

Sparkiesoft I feel for the heat you will be getting, but your bosses are complete imbeciles, and no matter the future games PWI or whatever it will be called now come out with, even if its rated 10/10, perfect, awesome, brilliant, etc. PWI is the last game I will play under the PWIarcgameswhatchamacallitwhateveritis with how management treats its playerbase.
    global_redirect.js is the only one that needs to be blocked.

I've already unliked PWI on facebook, and blocked global_redirect.js to quickly redeem my remaining DQ points (like I did almost 2 months ago when I read the post about the page disappearing - I was late looking at it because I had quit for a while and was just coming back). I see I was wise not charging any zen. If we had known WHEN this was gonna happen to us, maybe I would have been able to redeem for a demon/sage card, if I was lucky. As it is, I'm just glad there was a way to redeem what I had... so thanks, Jarken - that worked.

I'm not mad at Sparkie, seems like we're all constantly in the dark. I hope he's working for us hard over there though, because my impression of Arc went from unfavorable to nearly hostile. At this point, I don't ever intend to download it. PWE has (always?) had issues to fix, and it seems like they just created a new one. If they don't do anything about it, they'll just lose more players, more money. They should realize this game is getting dated and other companies may treat their players/customers with more respect than we feel like we're being given.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Welp, if Blessings via website has come to an end, I'm willing to accept that more than I'm willing to download ARC to get it again, as clearly that is what is intended.
    I won't be bullied into downloading software I don't want.

There was no game-breaking problem from getting the blessing through the website; the worst that could happen is people filling their mailboxes for occasions when the website has problems.

Instead of fixing actual game problems, they chose to invest their time on a quasi social game delivery and in-game rewards delivery system they expect people to tolerate because they'll have no option otherwise. When the original game delivery system worked just fine n' dandy for years and required no extra obnoxious software.

Sure 8 attack levels from the stamp of thunder is way less than the 30 from the jones', but, I'll deal. I lived without it before, and I'll live without it again.

It would have been nice if they gave us a more... uh, recent warning letting us know the DQ page would be disappearing, but thanks to these kindly posted work-arounds, most people can probably rescue their stranded points in time.

It's really nice to see people in the community being so helpful finding these workarounds, and I hope the spirit of invention through necessity continues, as we'll need it in the future too no doubt.
  • Osacee - Raging Tide
    Osacee - Raging Tide Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I cannot use ARC. It is not compatible with my antispyware. It will shut my computer down. If this cannot be resolved I will be forced to seek another game. When my charms and blessings are gone --if the situation is not resolved. I will be uninstalling.

osacee/raging tides server
    Full r9r, RBx2 (lvl 103/102/101), Mirage sky 9 demon cleric
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

why a lot of people don't follow the rules in pwi b:pleased
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    why a lot of people don't follow the rules in pwi b:pleased

The forum has rules.

Said rules are enforced.

Let's not try to make the mods have to deal with more **** from both sides, kay? They don't take kindly to that sort of thing.