Arc Redirect

Options

Comments

• Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    hell I wish they do something about the people in game.
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ... You are aware mods have no special powers, privelages, or perks of any sort ingame, right? We're regular players who volunteer to keep the forums clean.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    maybe they should let some volunteer people in game to enforce the chat rules in game. LOL 80% of the players would be chat banned b:laugh fyi NyKage
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    maybe they should let some volunteer people in game to enforce the chat rules in game. LOL 80% of the players would be chat banned b:laugh fyi NyKage

those are called GMs. except they're paid.

i'd hate to see volunteer gms ingame, they'd just abuse their power.. and ban/mute people they disliked. ahem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    what gm's their are no gms in this game anymore. gms are a myth
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    BearClaw disagrees.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    what gm's their are no gms in this game anymore. gms are a myth

i've seen.... two. years ago. :/

they seem rather extinct nowadays. :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    yea I know. I miss the weird fact of the day on lost server. the need to talk more.
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just want to thank everyone that has come up with a solution to combat the auto redirect to Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    b:shocked
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The forum has rules.

Said rules are enforced.

Let's not try to make the mods have to deal with more **** from both sides, kay? They don't take kindly to that sort of thing.

b:shocked

The forums have rules!?

B L A S P H E M Y YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!1!11!!!!!

You lie! It can't be the apocalypse already! =o

*runs for the hills*

OP started it!

*points finger*

---

Joking aside..

I believe we all had a warning, we should have known that something was going to eventually come and officially take down/make the page inaccessible... hell we arguably should have known it would have an inevitable work around. Since pwi/pwe hasn't exactly been... the greatest about removing things in a timely/correct manner. :X

Still we should have known it would be coming sooner or later.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We'll be fine without blessings. Really.
  • earthseeker2011
    earthseeker2011 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1673991

NOTHING on the page isnt working any more. Its just a lousy Javascript that blocks access to it. Someone lazy just put that script so you cant access. They havent changed anything else.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Beware everyone, my laptop is having a field day crunching all the tracking cookies from this new Arc they are forcing on us. If you don't have your browser set up to watch for them you might want too. Only website that sell your browser info use these type of cookies...I guess we can see why PWI is forcing Arc on everyone, guess they found another way to make money off of us.

That sounds like a you problem or a load of bulldonkey. Arc website gives me the same cookies more or less that PWI's subdoman has been giving me for years.

AND I call to all of you that are as upset about this Arc stuff, them taking our blessing and DQ points without so much as a word in warning to UNLIKE PWI on your facebook! Show them how much you do not want this force down our throat!

If you run FireFox get AddBlock and Self-Destructing Cookies 0.4.3
    Don't let anyone sell your person browsing history, keep it safe.

Is doesn't have to be sold to anyone; AdSense will find it one way or the other >_>
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Looks like Blessings and DQ points are down for the count, was this premature or something? If it's not then springing the Arc site on us and forcing a redirect on pages like the blessings without offering an alternative way to obtain them is a bit... I don't think I really need to explain.

I haven't had the chance to fully explore as I'm in FSP at the moment, is there a way to obtain the blessings through Arc? If not then. You know. Yeah.

Yea I hate the redirect it is not right I cant get the blessing on that site cant find it keep it up PWI about ready to put money elsewhere into lets say a game that listens to the players
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    btw....if u all wanna get around the arc pop up here's a couple of way that have been mentioned so far.

1. u can get a pop up blocker to block the arc redirect
    2. u can go directly to the rewards page.
    Ok, this post is made with information some people already posted, but it's more datailed, and has pictures. Click on every link to see a picture of every step. This is for Firefox.

Before starting, get the Adblock Plus add-on

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step0.jpg

Step 1:
    Type this addresses on your navigation bar: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

When you enter the page, press right click anywhere. A menu will come out, click on Adblock Plus: Block image...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step1.jpg

Step 2:
    After you click that menu, a new window will come out. Copy the next address:

pwi.perfectworld.com/templates/common/js/*
    and paste that on the field after custom
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step4.jpg
    And then just press on Add filter, and if some warning message comes out, press continue or yes.

Looking at the code I think they intended the rewards page to be exempt from the redirect but didn't fill the exemption list properly. The code is pretty sloppy btw.

These URLs should work:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards#/reward
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/facebook#/reward EDIT: ehh this one won't work after the page refreshes hmm..

honestly idk if going directly works b/c it worked just fine for me once I had the pop up blocker.
  • Chiiblu - Heavens Tear
    Chiiblu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ok, this post is made with information some people already posted, but it's more datailed, and has pictures. Click on every link to see a picture of every step. This is for Firefox.

Before starting, get the Adblock Plus add-on

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step0.jpg

Step 1:
    Type this addresses on your navigation bar: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/

When you enter the page, press right click anywhere. A menu will come out, click on Adblock Plus: Block image...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step1.jpg

Step 2:
    After you click that menu, a new window will come out. Copy the next address:

pwi.perfectworld.com/templates/common/js/*
    and paste that on the field after custom
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/51270841/Step4.jpg
    And then just press on Add filter, and if some warning message comes out, press continue or yes.

Works perfectly. Thank you very much :)
  • earthseeker2011
    earthseeker2011 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That one is NOT correct. You block ALL javascripts that way.
    You need to filter
    ||pwi.perfectworld.com/templates/common/js/global_redirect.js
    not ALL Javascripts
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We'll be fine without blessings. Really.

If people can't play without a free blessing then they shouldn't be playing at all. It seems really lame that removing a blessing is making people want to rage quit rather than actually learn to play more efficiently. I mean, we have the meridian system, we have title quests, we have war avatar cards, we have the new primal attack and defense passive skills, etc. that add all kinds of stat bonuses to our toons yet some still want to rage quit over an antiquated blessing?

Come on...deal with it.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If people can't play without a free blessing then they shouldn't be playing at all. It seems really lame that removing a blessing is making people want to rage quit rather than actually learn to play more efficiently. I mean, we have the meridian system, we have title quests, we have war avatar cards, we have the new primal attack and defense passive skills, etc. that add all kinds of stat bonuses to our toons yet some still want to rage quit over an antiquated blessing?

Come on...deal with it.

Seriously?

sidenote-this isn't an issue atm as we still have access to blessings via the js filter.

So the complaints aren't that we can't play with out blessings, the complaint is some people have filled their mailboxes with enough blessings to last several decades and most others obtain blessings when they need em, or have a few stacked up. o there will come a time when only a small number of people are still running around with them, most likely in a few weeks, if the blessing page was indeed removed (which is wasn't for now)

30 attack levels is huge, you especially should know this being from a PvP server, if one person has it and another doesn't, it makes a hell of a difference.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Dutch_death - Heavens Tear
    Dutch_death - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Come on...deal with it.

what about when you dont have 100 toons with al those adds
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It even redirects you when trying to go to http://pwi.perfectworld.com.
    Why the hell can't we visit the normal PWI site? Only http://perfectworld.com isn't being redirected yet.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Seriously?

sidenote-this isn't an issue atm as we still have access to blessings via the js filter.

So the complaints aren't that we can't play with out blessings, the complaint is some people have filled their mailboxes with enough blessings to last several decades and most others obtain blessings when they need em, or have a few stacked up. o there will come a time when only a small number of people are still running around with them, most likely in a few weeks, if the blessing page was indeed removed (which is wasn't for now)

30 attack levels is huge, you especially should know this being from a PvP server, if one person has it and another doesn't, it makes a hell of a difference.

On a plus side if they're a **** and r9 3rd+12 going after NV3, it doesn't matter if they have a blessing or not. They're still gonna hurt.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If people can't play without a free blessing then they shouldn't be playing at all...

Come on...deal with it.

No problem to play without it, but as it has been mentioned, if it's removed for all completely and similtaneously. Else it's a big advantage over those who don't have it. Also ppl could prepare and stack Roll call daily blessing packs at least if they knew in advance that fb blessings are gonna be removed.

I don't think they will remove it for good, no reason, they just didn't take it into consideration moving web-site. Most likely they will make another way to get it and it will be arc demanding...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Now problem to play without it, but as it has been mentioned, if it's removed for all completely and similtaneously. Else it's a big advantage over those who don't have it. Also ppl could prepare and stack Roll call daily blessing packs at least if they knew in advance that fb blessings are gonna be removed.

I don't think they will remove it for good, no reason, they just didn't take it into consideration moving web-site. Most likely they will make another way to get it and it will be arc demanding...

I bet people still have mail boxes stuffed with Jone`s/O`Mailey`s blessings, I also have at least 50 of those, people who didn`t hoard them will be at a major disadvantage when it comes to pvp, heck even for pve.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I bet people still have mail boxes stuffed with Jone`s/O`Mailey`s blessings, I also have at least 50 of those, people who didn`t hoard them will be at a major disadvantage when it comes to pvp, heck even for pve.

If they one shot us with a blessing, they'll still probably one shot us without :(
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If they one shot us with a blessing, they'll still probably one shot us without :(

The problem is not everyone will be without, I have almost 2 months stacked blessing in my mailbox, that's a nice difference tbh...
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The problem is not everyone will be without, I have almost 2 months stacked blessing in my mailbox, that's a nice difference tbh...

You shut your dirty ***** mouth :<. YOu one of those hurty people :<
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well I'm not going to calll it quits over this or unlike PWI (guess I'm way too patient) but I have to admit this is quite annoying.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have some too, but I didn't stack them on all chars of the acc since I didn't expect such backstab b:faint And I was lazy to get it on alts, grabbed when I needed only. My alts are doomed b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • cryara
    cryara Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So Mr. GM after saying that ARC is not enforced to us, you are giving us all **** that you didn't know and not your fault.
    What you expect from community? Applause?
    b:angry
    Shows perfectly how you care about your players.