Arc Redirect

Options

Comments

• Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Again pwi is enforcing more the advertising junk into our lives. It is no problem for me tho.
    They can make the site all flashy and make pop ups PLAY bla bla.. but a gamer knows what he wants to play and still majority of gamers it is about mouth to mouth advertisement and not about flashy annoying advertisement lauchers as ARC is.

Thus said, if the ****** arc site putted the facebook connect and dq rewards on there website i had no trouble at all to log on arc. But for now im blocking it.. and as long i can block advertisement junk .. i will block it.
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I have some too, but I didn't stack them on all chars of the acc since I didn't expect such backstab b:faint And I was lazy to get it on alts, grabbed when I needed only. My alts are doomed b:laugh

blessings are account stashable. just use one blessing and switch it around
  • Kassidee - Sanctuary
    Kassidee - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The account I play all the time has no blessings in bank...my alt account is stacks...shame they aren't tradeable...

I managed to get a blessing my hitting the back then refresh button, it had the arc pop up but underneath it was on the thank you page.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If people can't play without a free blessing then they shouldn't be playing at all. It seems really lame that removing a blessing is making people want to rage quit rather than actually learn to play more efficiently. I mean, we have the meridian system, we have title quests, we have war avatar cards, we have the new primal attack and defense passive skills, etc. that add all kinds of stat bonuses to our toons yet some still want to rage quit over an antiquated blessing?

Come on...deal with it.

The problem is about equality. I don't need a blessing to play, but I know a lot of people have a lot of blessings on their mail. It wouldn't be fair if some people had them, and others not.

If during next maintenance wanmei deleted the item id's of these blessings, then I wouldn't mind because then no one would have blessings anymore.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The problem is about equality. I don't need a blessing to play, but I know a lot of people have a lot of blessings on their mail. It wouldn't be fair if some people had them, and others not.

If during next maintenance wanmei deleted the item id's of these blessings, then I wouldn't mind because then no one would have blessings anymore.

This.

I'm one of said people who have blessings stacked to last me well over a year because the facebook page was unreliable in the past anyways.

As long as I have those blessings, anyone without one is now at an immediate disadvantage against me in PvP and PvE... and not only am I not the only one with this sort of advantage, but I'm also one of the more casual with it. Plenty of people have enough blessings to last longer than PWI has been out.

Oh and if that glitch that allowed blessings to be sold is still around... well... I don't think I need to go into detail about what would happen. People here should know by now how our community is.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This.

I'm one of said people who have blessings stacked to last me well over a year because the facebook page was unreliable in the past anyways.

As long as I have those blessings, anyone without one is now at an immediate disadvantage against me in PvP and PvE... and not only am I not the only one with this sort of advantage, but I'm also one of the more casual with it. Plenty of people have enough blessings to last longer than PWI has been out.

Oh and if that glitch that allowed blessings to be sold is still around... well... I don't think I need to go into detail about what would happen. People here should know by now how our community is.

The glitch was fixed a long time ago, you can`t do that anymore, I tried. foxy alone
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    The glitch was fixed a long time ago, you can`t do that anymore, I tried. foxy alone

It's PWI. I wouldn't put it past people here to find a new way to do it just so they get a way to cash in on it. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    What is the reason for the blessings to be removed anyway b:question
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It's PWI. I wouldn't put it past people here to find a new way to do it just so they get a way to cash in on it. b:surrender

Well it was a nice way 2 make some money on pwi`s expense when the stupid page glitches, but as this **** company makes nothing off it, of course they fix it asap, I already unliked them on FB, got my 50 blessings should last a while, later if they expect me to instal some garbage just to run this stupid game, they got another thing coming!
    What is the reason for the blessings to be removed anyway b:question

Not removed, it`s just more annoying to get than before where you had to clear cookies n ****.
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Not removed, it`s just more annoying to get than before where you had to clear cookies n ****.

I know yeah, but I was aiming at this post (clickable). It sounds like they are planning to remove blessings entirely along with the DQ system, but they don't have an alternative in mind for the blessing function from the sound of it (it may or may not come back, hence it will be gone at some point), I wonder what the reason is for that.
  • Vavavum - Archosaur
    Vavavum - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Here's something odd. I was able to get Jones Blessing today, after using PCH Search and Win. So, maybe there are other back doors that don't get the redirect. b:chuckleb:pleased
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Last I checked, you could still trade Jones blessing via that glitch, but it does not work with the O'Malleys. Will have to try later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I know yeah, but I was aiming at this post (clickable). It sounds like they are planning to remove blessings entirely along with the DQ system, but they don't have an alternative in mind for the blessing function from the sound of it (it may or may not come back, hence it will be gone at some point), I wonder what the reason is for that.

What better than removing free blessings? Replace them with boutique blessings, would not be surprised if they aim for this.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    blessings are account stashable. just use one blessing and switch it around
    I meant other accounts of course. Stashing blessing I even mentioned in quoted reply
    I didn't stack them on all chars of the acc
    ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    We'll be fine without blessings. Really.
    bet some pple would be amazed to hear that before we never even had genies f:meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    bet some pple would be amazed to hear that before we never even had genies f:meh

Wanna hear my impression of those people?

*clears throat* "OMG HOW? LIKE HOW DID YOU SURVIVE WITHOUT HOLY PATH AND DOMAIN?!?! WAS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO LIVE?!?!"
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Eventually they would be history. As for fairness in this game that all went out the window with the very 1st anniversary pack sale followed by the rank sales as well as several severe glitch exploits. I gave up on equality and fairness years ago.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

I'd change the title of that page, free blessings for everyone who uses arc b:chuckle
  • Conalll - Archosaur
    Conalll - Archosaur Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    It'd be nice if I could have a moment to use up the DQ points I had. I know they said it was leaving in December, but I was still getting points. If this is the day it's finally done, give me an accurate warning so I can use the points I had.

Any chance they could drop the redirect for a week so we can do that? I mean really. It would go a long to way to making me more willing to endure the time as we crossover.

No matter how against it we are.
    "Impatience walks with disaster." My own phrase.

"Let the winds of winter come. I fear not famine, nor blizzard, nor an army of predators. For I am wolf. My power is matched by the many that stand beside me. Come what may. I have faced it before, and it has yet to touch me." *The Alpha's Warning*
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Also just a side note until I get more information, Arc is not mandatory. This is just the website migration, nothing else for the time being.

Just as a side note I went to check a link in one of my previous posts to the page where your company stated in their own words, that ARC will be compulsory in the future, https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4274#ARC13 and noted that they have removed it.
    Why?
    Has there been a change in policy? or is this just another way to keep everyone confused until its suddenly implemented, and everyone can claim ignorance about the change as usual.
    Sry to post here in this thread but this is where I found your post.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I just got my omally's blessing as normal o.o
  • VanguardianX - Dreamweaver
    VanguardianX - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    TL;DR

PWI ****s up agian.
    Heroes are remembered, legends never die.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Just as a side note I went to check a link in one of my previous posts to the page where your company stated in their own words, that ARC will be compulsory in the future, https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4274#ARC13 and noted that they have removed it.
    Why?
    Has there been a change in policy? or is this just another way to keep everyone confused until its suddenly implemented, and everyone can claim ignorance about the change as usual.
    Sry to post here in this thread but this is where I found your post.

What I was referring to is that since the Arc website migration has launched, players have been thinking this means Arc is NOW mandatory. What I'm saying is that, at this time, it is NOT. Will it be in the future? As per that linked post, more than likely (even though we're discussing options). Is it mandatory now? Nope. Hopefully that clears up any confusion. b:pleased
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I tried to go to the main page ( http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ ) and it forced me to redirect to arc...WHY EVEN HAVE THE OLD SITE IF IT FORCES US ONTO ANNOTHER?! b:angry

The if you click on the forums it takes back here...What the Hel devs? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MeXyCaN - Archosaur
    MeXyCaN - Archosaur Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    With the new codes to be able to get jones blessing, we are being forced to install the arc client now. b:cry
    !!!!MeXy FeVeR!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I tried to go to the main page ( http://pwi.perfectworld.com/ ) and it forced me to redirect to arc...WHY EVEN HAVE THE OLD SITE IF IT FORCES US ONTO ANNOTHER?! b:angry

The if you click on the forums it takes back here...What the Hel devs? b:surrender

How would you know the website moved if you don't get a redirect?
  • Joshuason - Raging Tide
    Joshuason - Raging Tide Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I don't know if I'm putting myself out there, but here goes: I caught this comment on world chat, so I went to check out PWI website for myself and sure enough, soon as I went to homepage it started redirecting me b:sad But good news is the comment someone made about blocking global_redirect(this is at least one way past Arc webpage) b:thanks but anyways you can use a free adblocker from the Chrome store, install it, well just add to your extensions, I think and you'll get an Icon on your bar, right click and go under settings then filters(I actually went under customize instead of filters) insert the url(global_redirect) and save. So the secrets out, hehe b:chuckle so if anyone that's posted here and checks back, hope you can try this and it works for you(I had no problem getting to the regular PWI page after and even got my O'Malley's blessing real quick). Good luck to you all. b:victory
    It'd be nice if I could have a moment to use up the DQ points I had. I know they said it was leaving in December, but I was still getting points. If this is the day it's finally done, give me an accurate warning so I can use the points I had.

Any chance they could drop the redirect for a week so we can do that? I mean really. It would go a long to way to making me more willing to endure the time as we crossover.

No matter how against it we are.

Yes, BTW, if you saw my little solution and it works for you, I think you'll still see your DQ points there , once you find a way to block the Arc redirect(I saw i still had mine, for now at least). b:pleased
    joshuason/Seeker(leader of VaGaBoNdZ, Sage): 101/102/102(or is it 102/102/101? b:chuckle ). Anyways, pres. lvl 101
    tjoshua/Seeker(2nd in command, Demon): lvl 87, RB1
    Wolf_Vaughn/Barb(Vit build): lvl 80, done w/Jolly, Woof b:pleased
    \\Joshiki// /Assasin: lvl 80, soon to be relieved of Jolly as well xD
    Jeshu/Mystic: lvl 70(has most of his 85+ gear already! \o/
    Lil_Jo_Barb/Barb(Str build): lvl 70(he already has his WoE b:victory
    This is part of my small army. Happy grinding b:victory
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    AdBlock works just fine.

Thanks, guys!

As for PWE, shame on you, folks. f:angry
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    i have firefox and im havin a bit of a trouble using the adblock for the arc redirect, could i get a reply on this on how to do it.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64