Claw barb guide

Comments

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    'Cause it's easier. That's all. You can wear G16 single -int claws without losing 5.0 and without having to get -int r8r, you get crits from demon onslaught, you can wear R8r and drop TT99 as you gain more -int and get a lot more defense than sages that have to go with the full out -int build.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • WrenTigerian - Dreamweaver
    WrenTigerian - Dreamweaver Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Makes sense. Thanks for the tip.
    edited November 2013
    Djinnscream in TT, would i be able to kill him in time to not get smoked by his Berserk as a claw barb with 4-5aps?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Djinnscream in TT, would i be able to kill him in time to not get smoked by his Berserk as a claw barb with 4-5aps?

Gear?
    Channels

edited November 2013
    once the conversion is done, Deicides/g16s, and the gear required to pull off 4-5 aps, lolz
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In the end, you won't be tanking ****, because a sin will AWAYS outdamage you...

APS barbs are just as fail as APS venos...and if you need me to tell you why, then you have no idea how the game mechanics works... might as well just roll a sin or a bm, if you really want to APS effectively, as you're just going to end up gimping most of your skills...
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    eraldus wrote: »
    In the end, you won't be tanking ****, because a sin will AWAYS outdamage you...

APS barbs are just as fail as APS venos...and if you need me to tell you why, then you have no idea how the game mechanics works... might as well just roll a sin or a bm, if you really want to APS effectively, as you're just going to end up gimping most of your skills...

Youre a nab.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013

Another dumbass that doesn't know how to swap weapons and take advantage of barbs' set amount aggro skills, as well as the fact that you'll always have a few extra seconds on the boss because you pull it to BB
    Channels

• Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
    Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Another dumbass that doesn't know how to swap weapons and take advantage of barbs' set amount aggro skills, as well as the fact that you'll always have a few extra seconds on the boss because you pull it to BB

Kinda funny that you're defending this fail build that other players complain about fail APS barbs and they rather have a 7x barb tank the instances instead IJS.

And you should not even rely on BB as a barb, that is very very fail if you do >.>.

This guide is no longer having it's use as the game is less farm / aps friendly. For PVP? LOL, I just love how this OP with his fail barb QQ at the end then quit. Now people that are stupid to follow this build is just a laughing stock. Not even APS sins can kill properly, and they are considered overpowered. I already did duel / NW with them, and that was complete garbage (with my 8x toons against full APS geared folks) they were mocked so much.
    Sage barb in progress.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    Kinda funny that you're defending this fail build that other players complain about fail APS barbs and they rather have a 7x barb tank the instances instead IJS.

And you should not even rely on BB as a barb, that is very very fail if you do >.>.

This guide is no longer having it's use as the game is less farm / aps friendly. For PVP? LOL, I just love how this OP with his fail barb QQ at the end then quit. Now people that are stupid to follow this build is just a laughing stock. Not even APS sins can kill properly, and they are considered overpowered. I already did duel / NW with them, and that was complete garbage (with my 8x toons against full APS geared folks) they were mocked so much.

youre a nab too :)
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013

none of the people that complain about that have ever run with a competently geared aps barb

No one said anything about relying on BB. Are you going to argue that pulling boss to BB is not a common practice? During that time you can ream, stomp of the king, even stand up and untamed wrath to build up a substantial amount of aggro before boss even gets to the sins

Good luck telling between an aps barb in full G16 and a vit barb. Oh wait you can: the aps barb can hit you with every attack, not just 100% accuracy attacks, and also 35% crit on top of 180ish base dex

Should really introduce this kid to any of the good pk barbs on zsw's server.
    Channels

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013

The sad part is those are some of the best barbs out there, AND they all pretty much carry around claws/fist.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    3x -int G16 fists on a full r9rr barb is scary
    Channels

edited December 2013

If the APS barb actually gets close enough to you and if you are a squishy and incompetent player. APS barbs would only hit low damage per attack, what use is high crit with low damage spike per hit? That must be mean damage... Sure. Against another HA user that is decently geared, especially if it is another decent barb would just tank those APS like it was nothing and you give that non-APS barbs sparks easily which is a downfall for you. As for the purify weapon users... Lol, just give it up, you'll never kill them with APS unless they fail completely.

This is why people fail since the rising tide expansion, because all they do is try making everyone into glass cannons and think only endgame is where you actually have a chance to do anything. Yet you guys can't even do endgame without R9... scratch that, R9rr. (Weapon links herp derp)
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2013
    Why don't you try holding back a full r9rr barb that just tanks on until you run out of genie, apo, antistuns and then unloads +12 2x drakeflame 3x -int fists with occult + devour

Takes a special kind of stupid to still think aps barbs are squishy. 50K standing is not squishy

EDIT: you don't seriously think that aps barbs walk to you with fists on right?
    Channels

edited December 2013
    Why don't you try holding back a full r9rr barb that just tanks on until you run out of genie, apo, antistuns and then unloads +12 2x drakeflame 3x -int fists with occult + devour

Takes a special kind of stupid to still think aps barbs are squishy. 50K standing is not squishy

EDIT: you don't seriously think that aps barbs walk to you with fists on right?

Well this is 2013 going to 2014, stupidity is growing by the time the devs hand the game to you when you give up more money. And Lol... R9rr barb with 3x int fists... Are you talking about PVE or PVP? As if you don't run out of genie / apo / antistuns either. Meh, this PVP talk on this game, try something else that is more complex with PVP because I play that game to PVP, quite frankly, even with the 3x -int fists are far from scary even with R9RR armor on, I just simply do a simple tactic to the APS barb to hit me much less when I want to avoid taking hits because auto hits (especially melee) is too predictable. Just continue coming up with comments out of your bum again, IDC :).
    Sage barb in progress.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Chuck_smith and other haters should go meet Coenar on Raging Tide. He does the trick in every instance with his mighty claws and r8r/r9rr gearset. b:bye
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited December 2013
    And their comments only prove they are ignorant nabs. Just let them be, for those that know what they talk about, there is no debate. So why would we debate at all ?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Claw build is still controversial?

It got me to Lv.100 twice with ease doing the reawakenings.b:cute

Not to mention I can use 5.0 claws with 3 pieces of r9 s3 gears for that lovely +100 STR bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Roar_King - Sanctuary
    Roar_King - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Claw build is 90% for pve!

I'm 5 aps and R9rr but i use aps rarely on NW or pvp event.
    I use spark + bestial onslaught + occult ice + antistun or IG to have a chance. (With better genie i can put occult ice + tanglin mire)
    I use cornered beast to recover chi fast e re-spark and blood rush to increase damage.

APS help to kill fast in NW when we are more than our enemies, so they don't consider me and i can kill. Or sometimes in 1vs1 to kill peoples with hp charm.

The problem is that if you fight a good player he run back or IG when you spark with claw and i can only holy path with him.

Bramble is another problem!

Last think... Barbs to be a good APS DD have to sacrifice all VIT for STR, no way! With full buffs and spark i have 39-40k of physical attack, around 100 attack level, 35% crit and and 205 spirit and still hard kill peoples in pvp.
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be hilarious if PWI actually took the game seriously and restricted weapons to their classes.

Imagine the mass QQ of the fail barbs a.k.a claw barbs when they log on and find out their fists are red colored. b:laugh
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be hilarious if PWI actually took the game seriously and restricted weapons to their classes.

Imagine the mass QQ of the fail barbs a.k.a claw barbs when they log on and find out their fists are red colored. b:laugh

I so wouldn't mind that for both weapons, AND gears... it would so be a lot more... interesting imho. (Not that melees/casters can't get quite nice hp/def res's with their 'own' armor, still it would be nice to see. ) Though really I think if they did do that they should definitely give everyone a free reset all note... that way people don't QQ about not having the 'proper' stats for their 'true' gear.

Edit: (Obviously a very late edit) but yea... something I failed to mention is that they would likely need to give people the option to transfer all gears with refine levels/'proper' gems... for far cheaper than what is capable now. <--- The reason why I am not taking this 'thought' more seriously and taking it to the suggestion box.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Roar_King - Sanctuary
    Roar_King - Sanctuary Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Jelly of claw barb? b:chuckle

Different weapon mean different build and game can be more various.
    Anyway i started aps with my main BM and i choose barb because he have more hp and i can farm some boss in TT where my bm die.
    After i coming to play more barb and i like it. Fail or not depend to player.
  • Stiq - Lost City
    Stiq - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Newest sticky!
    I agree claw barbs' awesome
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The difference between aps barbs and vit builds has always been only about 10%. With meridians, titles, nuemas, and avatars its probably even less than that. All this Q.q over a loss of maybe 6-8% defense for huge gains in chi and dd is ridiculous. Not to mention it's superiority in both aggro and farming speed for pve.

Since barbs can be 3 pieces r9t3 with single -int claws or 4 pieces r9t3 with double -int, and then swap to full r9t3 the rest of the time, there really is no build difference between an aps barb and an r9t3 pure strength barb, except the versatility gained. Aps barbs will still be in tigerform a majority of time and until they pop human for bosses and do 200k dps (instead of 40k dps r9t3 axe barbs) you won't even know they're aps.

Also, with our new paralyze (unblockable stun) it makes apsing in pk even slightly practical.

The one thing to consider is with resistance caps raised (used to be 90% or about 34k) there is a reasonable advantage to vit build. Aps, vit, and str builds were all easily hitting the 34k pdef mark so there used to be no defense gain from any build compared to the other but now there is.

Btw, listen to Roar_King. He's about the only barb on my server I fear. Even my casters in G16 with +6 refines really just kind of ignore most barbs or sink them with magic dd, even the r9t3. Hard as heck to kill alone, but Roar knows his class and has great offense and defense, being an aps barb. I find the aps barbs usually know their class better because they have to learn all their skills to maximize their efficiency while one-trick barbs typically know how to Flesh Ream and invoke and that's about it.
  • bannedabuse
    bannedabuse Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I was a aps barb then i realized that pure vit or pure str barbs are vastly superior in PK. you can disagree all you want but the only thing you're gonna be doing when you pull out your aps in PK is trigger purify.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited February 2014
    I was a aps barb then i realized that pure vit or pure str barbs are vastly superior in PK. you can disagree all you want but the only thing you're gonna be doing when you pull out your aps in PK is trigger purify.

We already agreed that APS is a PvE build. So you lose a little (nothing vast for sure) dmg output in pvp in trade for a mighty versatile PvE toon.
    That said, if you are an APS barb and happen to find yourself in PvP. Casters are not the ones on whom you pull out your claws. Even a total pvp noob like understands that. In the 2-3 NWs i did, the claws did occasionally came to use against other HA classes though, even if its just because it was unexpected and they didnt run when i spark :)
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The difference between aps barbs and vit builds .... I find the aps barbs usually know their class better because they have to learn all their skills to maximize their efficiency while one-trick barbs typically know how to Flesh Ream and invoke and that's about it.

This is the truth of it. Wanna be a good barb, play a barb. Wanna be a fantastic barb, play a claw barb from level 1 up. Then when you play a normal barb you will be aware of all the awesome things claws do that keep them going, you won't just depend on your vit and clunkyness.
  • enlil
    enlil Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If the APS barb actually gets close enough to you and if you are a squishy and incompetent player. APS barbs would only hit low damage per attack, what use is high crit with low damage spike per hit? .....

If my APS barb gets close to you. Your dead if im looking to kill you. Especially now with the stun, massive crits, and so forth. Mostly i use my claws to eat clerics. They can't heal fast enough and the charm only ticks 1 time.

With my high accuracy, don't be flying around .. triple damage to airborne targets is a win win for me.