Claw barb guide

Options

Comments

• Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    During 2x, I usually farm 2-3, 3-1 and 3-2 solo in a squad mode instance.

I usually duo a cleric for BB and buffs, so my times can be a bit...awkward.

2-3 takes me about 1 hr or so, I usually kill all bosses except Feng. 2-3 is just painfully boring and long because of all the walking/running you do.

3-1 takes 35 minutes, I avoid Dark Colluseast, tried soloing, I just can't.... b:cry
    Steelation is do able, however, he's a wild card, he can be very easy, very annoying, or very hard.

3-2 takes about 1 hour, I skip Steelation and Dark Colluseast. I can take down Emperor, however, he has been a nasty charm ticker, and I die about.....30% of the time, if he stun/seal chains.

I have 13K HP in human form and +10 G13 Nirvana claws. Also, have blood paint at all times.
    In my opinion the only bosses in 3-2 that are worth killing are minister and the one that drops wrist golds. Emperor if you're duoing or you can kill him every single time without too much charm ticks but I find he's generally more trouble than he's worth, especially since you could be using the time to do another 3-2. I suppose it depends on the prices of skaidreads orbs on other servers. Occasionally you can get a good 400k for em but they're slow to sell. I usually just do minister and deathflow and only do the others if I have to kill them to open a door. I can clear a 3-2 in 35-40 minutes while using my cleric, 30 minutes solo (though my charm ticks a lot more and I'm reliant on bloodpaint). 3-1 is kinda pointless if you don't kill colluseast imo since the other mats don't really sell for much. 2-3 hasn't been profitable in a long time since people started farming AE all the time. Dust of devil you're hard pressed to get more than 100k for. Arms and Antennas well, thanks to 2-3 being the "poor mans" (people who can't effectively farm 3-x) TT, are flooding the market, combine that with no one getting TT90 gear since they get R8 in 10 levels (as in, 2 days later) and they're practically worthless. Even the gold mats aren't selling that well since not many people are going for Gx axes anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    About how much can a 5 aps barb with average gears expect to farm per hour/day (a day probably depends on how much you play....) And what would be the best instances to farm in?

Honestly, it depends how much you farm and where you farm. I usually never solo farm, it takes too long and if you are soloing TT and get no gold, it's pretty much worthless. (Let alone TT has been bugging me lately with HORRIBLE drops)

I either farm 3 man 3-2, and can get it done in 15 min flat, myself, demon hf bm and 5.0 +10 sin, we can drop deathflow, emperor and minister in 1 or 2 hfs flat.
    With that being said, if drops are horrible, we either 3 man nirvana in about 10 to 15 minutes as well.. if getting hfable bosses of course.
    However, if more sins I have are online, I will 4 or 5 man 3-3 in about 30 to 40mins, hitting deathflow to open bosses, emperor, steelation, minister, arma, and GBF boss (whatever you call him) (not to mention, this is ALL I will farm during 2x, i racked in well 300mil+ last 2x only doing 3-3 nonstop with a perma farming squad. b:victory

and if my farming squad ISNT on.. last resort is Power leveling.. I'll use my hubbys sin to clear in 20 to 25 min to big room or he will clear for me.. and takes me about 25 minutes big room to end.. so thats a steady 8mil an hour (after the first run, he will clear while I finish that run) or 4mil an hour if I have to do it myself..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands
    _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    wow i never has seen a fist/claw barb

LoL go see Endless_Life, Killer_Souls well thats the only barbs i seen with claws and have like 17k of hp human form
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Well, I made a 5 aps barb, and I like it so far. Only got to test it a little in frost. The only problem I'm having is my low hp. 8.5k hp buffed is pretty low, even for a claw barb. I guess the only way I'll have decent hp is if I refine my gear a lot. b:cry

Not to hate on you, but 8.5k on a barb is one of those points "should have rolled a sin or bm." 8.5k on a fist BM is even pretty low. It also kind of gives claw barbs a bad name because it removes the barbs tankability. You restat too early. I wouldn't restat unless you can have 12k minimum hp because claws are supposed to add something to the barb, not hinder it.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Not to hate on you, but 8.5k on a barb is one of those points "should have rolled a sin or bm." 8.5k on a fist BM is even pretty low. It also kind of gives claw barbs a bad name because it removes the barbs tankability. You restat too early. I wouldn't restat unless you can have 12k minimum hp because claws are supposed to add something to the barb, not hinder it.

actually.. you have a little point but i restatted when i was able to be 4.0 on the spot and i went pure str since the beginning.. i only had 9k in human. but i was always charmed so i had that tick, but it did hinder me for awhile.
    what im saying i had 9k human, 5.0 +10.. but i farmed for my hp back, not charged so.. today i have 13k human and happily farmed for it, even if for awhile i lacked the hp. I still could do things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tordyen - Archosaur
    Tordyen - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Is Claw Barb able (During the the red spark, with 5.0 APS) hold aggro from 5.0, red spark, Assasin ?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Is Claw Barb able (During the the red spark, with 5.0 APS) hold aggro from 5.0, red spark, Assasin ?

Depends. Does the Sin have +12 dagger with Drakeflames?

Probably not then.

Does the sin have +6 dagger with Flawless garnets in it?

Then it comes down to who generates the most threat the fastest, and DPS. And how much Str you still have on your barb, and how much Dex the Sin has, if they have Demon Dagger Devotion, etc.

In the end, who knows. Might get ping pong.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ashrough91
    ashrough91 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't understand anything since it's my first day in the game, but wanted to say I LOVE THE INTRO hahahaha .. OLD SPICE FTW XD
  • Wild_Garruk - Harshlands
    Wild_Garruk - Harshlands Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well if the weapon is the TT100 fist +12 with garnet gem yeah u can keep aggro the good thing about barbs is the strenght of the titans that gives us like a sort of mastery on the weapon we use.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Equally geared and equally skilled, the sin will take aggro. Reasons are below.
    Depends. Does the Sin have +12 dagger with Drakeflames?

Probably not then.

Does the sin have +6 dagger with Flawless garnets in it?

Then it comes down to who generates the most threat the fastest, and DPS. And how much Str you still have on your barb, and how much Dex the Sin has, if they have Demon Dagger Devotion, etc.

In the end, who knows. Might get ping pong.

Sins won't need +12 daggers with G12 stones. They have masteries over a barb, crit, weapon multiplies, a higher weapon base damage. If they have equal weapons then the sin should have a huge advantage over the barb dps wise. About 40% more dps, depending on a dozen variables..
    Well if the weapon is the TT100 fist +12 with garnet gem yeah u can keep aggro the good thing about barbs is the strenght of the titans that gives us like a sort of mastery on the weapon we use.

+12 Deicides would almost out DD Striking Dragons at +12 (dmg 1318-1385=1352 ave) because of Deicides (dmg 1285-1460= 1372 ave) better refine rate on Lunar claws. Well, guess a better base rate before SD's +max attack adds and +4% crit. Point is a 40 mil weapon is about as good as what you seemed to consider endgame.

Anyways, if the sin is in your squad he'd have titans too, and daggers have about a 25% higher base damage than fists, not too mention he'll prolly have 25% more crit and 475+ dex multiplying his damage while a bar typically is statted with less than 400 strength (even claw barbs).
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • BadBarb - Lost City
    BadBarb - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    this has probably been mentioned but i'm very very lazy.

if/when a barb decides to go the aps route, and puts points into dex, the accuracy stat jumps quite a bit

my question is, while having an aps build for a barb, is blood bath unnecessary? or is it more along the things of good + good = great?

i'm just curious cuz i think stage 10 bloodbath on a vit barb would be ballparking the same as a non bloodbath on an aps barb
    If at first you don't succeed,
    give up and eat some bacon.
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    when u restat to dex build, like 170+ dex + 2 50% accuracy rings (lunar, 77, r9 ring etc...), your accuracy reach 2.5-3k+ and thats more than the necessary for PvE, so don't need to use bloodbath for PvE.

but for pk we have 2 high evasion classes: assassins and archers. with 3k acc u hit 40-60% these classes, with bloodbath your acc can reach 7k... so u hit like 95%+ them.

demon bloodbath increase to 300% acc instead of 200%
    sage bloodbath increase to 225% acc but only consumes 10% hp instead of 15%

skills who can help you:
    Bestial Onslaught: reduce targets accuracy
    Mighty Swing: 100% accuracy (always land)
    Flesh Ream: 100% acc, when fight a sin, can set bleed, who difficult the chance of stealth
    Demon Stomp of the Beast King: 100% acc
    celestial demon culti 100 skill: Ancestral Rage: 100% acc ( the best imo)
  • nokazoku
    nokazoku Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hello guys!!
    i'm new comer in PW

my 1st char is a Barb and i'm interested to go with claw
    i only have some questions and be please to answer

- how much HP (minimum) to restat to dex and go for claw ?
    - thow about the refine of the gears ?
    - what charm needed be a solo in the TT ? I mean alone.
    - is there a special trick while using claw ? I can't even using 1 skill with claw :(
    - is it good to build BM instead Barb to solo in TT with the same gear (with refines) ?

thanks for answer, I'm sorry if my English is weak :)
  • Jeigo - Dreamweaver
    Jeigo - Dreamweaver Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You can't use your skills with claws. You'll need to carry around at least a crappy poleaxe to swap so you can use buffs and whatnot. Claw build is based on a flurry of weaker attacks rather than a slow but harder string of attacks. Even without the skills, your damage per second should end up higher.
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You can't use your skills with claws. You'll need to carry around at least a crappy poleaxe to swap so you can use buffs and whatnot. Claw build is based on a flurry of weaker attacks rather than a slow but harder string of attacks. Even without the skills, your damage per second should end up higher.

being a aps barb is not only based in out dd normal barbs, is based too in be an factor on a sqd, since u can tank, help killing bosses, do pulls, instead on only buff your sqd, and even more survability if work with paint. not saying nomal babs are useless (i'll never say that cause i was 1), just saying being aps has the pros!

and ofc u can use skill, not with fist, but u can easily press 1 button and trade for axes, set everybuff u want, and go back to fist/claw. skills like poison fang and titans work perfectly with aps build.

nokazoku wrote: »
    Hello guys!!
    i'm new comer in PW

my 1st char is a Barb and i'm interested to go with claw
    i only have some questions and be please to answer

- how much HP (minimum) to restat to dex and go for claw ?
    - thow about the refine of the gears ?
    - what charm needed be a solo in the TT ? I mean alone.
    - is there a special trick while using claw ? I can't even using 1 skill with claw :(
    - is it good to build BM instead Barb to solo in TT with the same gear (with refines) ?

thanks for answer, I'm sorry if my English is weak :)

first of all DO NOT RESTAT BEFORE 100!!!!!! some barbs restat at 85 and 90 thinking they will can tank a fc and dd like a sin only with gorenox fist and gold 90 bracer. but they die on pull and don't even dd too much the boss. it's a totally loss. some barbs use to restat at 95 using deicides, i don't recomend tho, but is up to you.

answering, minimum hp u need with claws in my opinion is 10k (and 10k still low, 13-14k is average).

try to have everything +5 or more! with at least immaculate citrines to bump your hp.

nowadays pwi is making plat charm sale for 2 gold, around 2.5million in cat shops, they are the charm with biggest amount of hp to recover.

there's no trick to use skills with claws, but some skills work perfectly with claws, poison fang, titans, and the best in my opinion, demon bestial onslaught (gives like 60% chance + to crit for 6 seconds, spark > set axe use skills go back to claws dd, do the same again)

bms can do more dmg than barbs and have marrows, but they can't self buff with hp and phys atk =D, and we have more hp per vit/lvl we can invoke and easily build chi for 1 more round of spark, wonderful how we can tank armagedon in TT with invoke b:dirty , and the best difference between us and the bms: WE ARE FURRY AND OUR HUGGY IS WARM AND FLUFLLY b:pleasedb:cute

about the english, mine is fail too, but they understandb:chuckle

hope i helped b:thanks
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    Ryuhei - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:shutup pokes at the silent forums, whatever do we have happening here!
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:shutup pokes at the silent forums, whatever do we have happening here!

go back to farming my only active barb on fl <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:laugh will do, and want to buy wolf forum avatar b:sad
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:laugh will do, and want to buy wolf forum avatar b:sad

youre obviously not cool enough. im just saying. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i know i'm so uncool b:shocked i should get better claws then maybe i'll be cool!!
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i know i'm so uncool b:shocked i should get better claws then maybe i'll be cool!!

http://pwcalc.com/46c0d509834cca73

I know youre jealous of my claws... and my damage you vit claw barb.. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/1949cb0714948e97
    My build isn't that fail, waiting for higher refines to get rid of the rest of my vit ,and i'm still not sure what claws too get. b:laugh
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/1949cb0714948e97
    My build isn't that fail, waiting for higher refines to get rid of the rest of my vit ,and i'm still not sure what claws too get. b:laugh

get muh claws, looky.

you wouldnt lose much hp as pure strengh and be hella sexy with muh claws on.. i wish i didnt bind em i would let you try em on.
    or..
    still with vit.
    http://pwcalc.com/98921db52142a870

xP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Once i get the helm & boots +10 along with the wrists too +7 i'm restarting to base 3vit XD
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Once i get the helm & boots +10 along with the wrists too +7 i'm restarting to base 3vit XD

use band rings too.... they will help so much... x.x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    meh i'm partial to my lunar ring for the defenses, and the crit although i do plan to replace the R8 ring shortly as well, it sucks def wise b:surrender
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    meh i'm partial to my lunar ring for the defenses, and the crit although i do plan to replace the R8 ring shortly as well, it sucks def wise b:surrender

do I have to compare pwcalcs for you? <_<
    trying to farm 3-2 and do this for you, you lazy ***. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle i'd be in 3-2 right now if i cared to pester some1 to log on two more toons for me, but meh i got like 60 minister stones in the past 2 days along with a decent number of golds.
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:chuckle i'd be in 3-2 right now if i cared to pester some1 to log on two more toons for me, but meh i got like 60 minister stones in the past 2 days along with a decent number of golds.

Mono dragged me inside 3-2 after pking all afternoon... <_< i swear to god im lazy.
    I hate solo farming Dx

IM SO LONELYYYY *cant think of the rest of the words of the song* b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryuhei - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Mono dragged me inside 3-2 after pking all afternoon... <_< i swear to god im lazy.
    I hate solo farming Dx

IM SO LONELYYYY *cant think of the rest of the words of the song* b:surrender

You have nobody of your own? b:cry such a cruel world this is, and by the way you just made me double my post count. b:shocked