Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    SuckMyCrit - Momaganon Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Where has he said this? I don't see that statement anywhere.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1646951&page=3 he said theres more things to come yea its pretty vague but who knows could be sumtin good =P
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hm, so who exactly qualifies as legitimate abuser, 6 orbs, 20 orbs, or 30 orbs o.0?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hm, so who exactly qualifies as legitimate abuser, 6 orbs, 20 orbs, or 30 orbs o.0?

I wouldn't expect a reply to this. I doubt they'd realise that information publicly. Keeps people jittery and on there toes if they don't know.
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    edited November 2013
    Options

from what ive read sum1 who got 15 or more pretty much abused it, granted pwi could just put a super high number like 30 as the requisite number to be considered a abuser. and yea we wont ever know most likely.
  • skizofrenia
    skizofrenia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    read the forums and u will see when ppl start to QQ when there banned lol
  • Eastling - Dreamweaver
    Eastling - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

I assume a legitimate abuser (although a strange turn of phrase IMO) would be one who knowingly abused the code, for example someone who received more than their share of the compensation knowing that they did so.

I am sure there was many an example of said people expressing that they did in guild chat, and I am also sure that screen shots were taken.

b:shutup
  • Selendu - Lost City
    Selendu - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yes. We are getting everything set up now and verifying that it will go smoothly before we start sending in-game items to players on Archosaur. You can expect yours within the week.
    ting tong,..... late, u should do that 5days ago, not now, late late
    [SIGPIC]BORN[/SIGPIC]
  • Eastling - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options

This!
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    UPDATE (11.25.13)

Questions and Answers

What is the punishment for players who blatantly abused the compensation code?

They will be banned.

Thank you for clearing that up b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    edited November 2013
    Options

lol having gone through other pwi fiascos seeing a plan set into motion after only (4 days? 2 of which were week end days) is pretty impressive =P i feel like with the other fiascos after about 5 days sum1 would finally say "oh yea we will look into that"
  • Selendu - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    2x EXP/SP/Drops AND Coin for all servers (also new).
    pfift,
    [SIGPIC]BORN[/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why are u so QQ with us? im sure u are not the one who abuse the code right? so u dont have to worry, this wont affect u much b:laugh
    not sure if you understood what i said or not >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I understand the need to focus their compensation efforts RIGHT NOW towards Archosaur, but after they are done they need to seriously consider providing orbs to the rest of the players who were unable to get it during the mere 2 hours the code was released. Honestly ALOT of people were able to get between 3 - 9 +10 orbs, a **** ton of event gold and charms while other players got nada.

If people who received double, even triple orbs by "accident" and will not be banned because it was not intentional while others get nothing at all....like are you serious? Honestly I have no sympathy for PWI management at all because this is self inflicted. They didn't even fix their initial problem and they went off and tried to create a "Balanced compensation" for all servers for absolutely no frickin reason at all. It's literally how many players are complaining that PWI refuses to fix their many glitches and missing data in the game while venturing towards another expansion. Do you guys not have an implementation plan at all?

They should've kept the code only for Archosaur and left the other servers alone. Way to create a bigger problem and now make it unfair for for other players. If I were the director of sales and marketing I'd be questioning the abilities of the workers of whom I'm paying currently to create such a mess without anticipating potential issues that will occur and properly managing their stakeholders. Good job PWI, I'm looking forward to this company and game to go down the drain lol. ./Rant

b:bye
  • Eastling - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options

They should've kept the code only for Archosaur and left the other servers alone. Way to create a bigger problem and now make it unfair for for other players. If I were the director of sales and marketing I'd be questioning the abilities of the workers of whom I'm paying currently to create such a mess without anticipating potential issues that will occur and properly managing their stakeholders. Good job PWI, I'm looking forward to this company and game to go down the drain lol. ./Rant

I think the problem starts at the top rather than at the employee level.
  • Selendu - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Unfortunately, because of it's abuse we've had to cancel the cross-server compensation and refocus back on the initial goal of compensating Archosaur Rollback players.
    now give us new compensation for your "cross-server compensation" error,
    this problem have no less impact then the archo error that make you do this "unecesery" error.
    +10 orb x 3 for archo error,
    +12 orb x 10 for "cross-server compensation" error
    [SIGPIC]BORN[/SIGPIC]
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I think the problem starts at the top rather than at the employee level.

Director of sales and marketing is a top level management. Beyond that will be general manager, regional manager and blah blah blah.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I understand the need to focus their compensation efforts RIGHT NOW towards Archosaur, but after they are done they need to seriously consider providing orbs to the rest of the players who were unable to get it during the mere 2 hours the code was released. Honestly ALOT of people were able to get between 3 - 9 +10 orbs, a **** ton of event gold and charms while other players got nada.

At this point you'll stay with nada. Think of it like this; when one or two people find a way to win a football match by cheating, the whole team is disqualified. Those players are generally kicked off the team. Translating that into PWI; players found a glitch and abused it to get ahead of the competition, a lot of these players were heavy cash shoppers on my server so it doesn't make sense why they would, as a result the whole team, aka PWI community, gets disqualified from the championship, aka code.) While the cheaters, get kicked off the team, aka banned.

If people who received double, even triple orbs by "accident" and will not be banned because it was not intentional while others get nothing at all....like are you serious? Honestly I have no sympathy for PWI management at all because this is self inflicted. They didn't even fix their initial problem and they went off and tried to create a "Balanced compensation" for all servers for absolutely no frickin reason at all. It's literally how many players are complaining that PWI refuses to fix their many glitches and missing data in the game while venturing towards another expansion. GG.

Seeing as you don't understand; the game glitches and data is not controlled, maintained or worked on by PWE. All bug and glitch fixes have to be sent from China. That's right, PWE tells Wanmei and Wanmei decides whether it's important enough to fix. When they finally decide to do it, it gets sent to PWE from Wanmei in a patch file. Which is what we get the following update. PWE are not to be expected to fix bugs instantly, as they have to wait for China to care enough.

Have you not read? The code was targeted to all servers because of the lousy connectivity issues we've all had this part month. Also lets not forget RT had that faction incident. Lost City stopped coming online and even crashed for a bit there. Archosaur had their rollback. East coast servers in general had a bad month as well.

Le red.
  • Eastling - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Director of sales and marketing is a top level management. Beyond that will be general manager, regional manager and blah blah blah.

Thank you for listing the hierarchy within a company but I think my point was valid.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Le red.

Le Red 1: The comparison has a flaw. If the whole team gets banned then it's equal suffering, but at this point people who legitimately received 3-6 orbs will not be banned, while many others get zero. Imagine east-time server faction wasn't on at the time, while a west-time server faction was on at the time of the release of the code. Result: West coast gets huge dominance over that particular east-time server faction.

Le Red 2: No I did not know this. But with a company and revenue flow of this size I highly doubt it would be difficult to even MAINTAIN such simple communication of fixing a god damn glitch? Also, are you telling me that PWE has absolutely no one on their team to fix a glitch? Are they just monkeys waiting to catch that banana thrown from China? Anyways I won't argue on this point because there's absolutely no way in knowing unless you work for the company.

Le Red 3: Connectivity issues and lag. TW problems. That justifies that every single server who experienced this would get the SAME REWARD as Archosaur?

Cuz apparently Connectivity Issues and Lag > a 4 day roll back.

2x experience I'd understand, but providing such a flawed 3-9 orbs and event gold for free to every single player is stupid no matter how much you try to sweeten it up.
    Thank you for listing the hierarchy within a company but I think my point was valid.

Do you know how a business is run? Communication and teamwork. Top level management WORKS with people who are below them.
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Nice to see that some get free +10 and others don't, I'll be finding another game to play in the new year. This is just ridiculous that because of people abusing it like little ******* many people have to miss out. Merry F.ucking Christmas.
  • Lix - Momaganon
    Lix - Momaganon Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sigh. Seriously? Hypers? For those of us who got absolutely NOTHING, and who get to look forward to all of the new +10/+11/+12 people if we choose to log on and play--those of us who have sunk solid moolah into the game over the years, only to have people cheat their way into a freaking bonanza...Those of us who HAVE stuck with PWI through a lot of ****, and you offer us hypers. Well that's pretty much like leaving your server a 1cent tip. It's a freaking insult. Five HYPERS? If this wasn't PWI where such insults to your customer base are sadly expected, I'd think it was some sort of bad joke.

Thanks DoD for letting us know. I know you're caught between several hundred rocks and a hard place. I'm sure you went to bat for us.

Thanks very much Kossy and Venus for the stellar job you've been doing the past week moderating this tough crowd. Both of you were amazing.

One good thing that has come of this is watching the big time gooners come to this thread and complain that they didn't get anything either. OMG, I've laughed so hard several times. And with any luck, a few more of them will get their comeuppance for continuing to be the cheats they are. It *almost* made it all worth it.

Since PWI management, in it's infinite wisdom, had decided to **** the honest player base once again, I happily return the favor. My son (who also plays) has been saving up money for a very long time to finally buy the last 2/3rds of his R9. I was gonna help him out with the last little bit. Guess who's getting a ps4 instead?

Five hypers. Just what. the. hell.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sigh. Seriously? Hypers? For those of us who got absolutely NOTHING, and who get to look forward to all of the new +10/+11/+12 people if we choose to log on and play--those of us who have sunk solid moolah into the game over the years, only to have people cheat their way into a freaking bonanza...Those of us who HAVE stuck with PWI through a lot of ****, and you offer us hypers. Well that's pretty much like leaving your server a 1cent tip. It's a freaking insult. Five HYPERS? If this wasn't PWI where such insults to your customer base are sadly expected, I'd think it was some sort of bad joke.

Thanks DoD for letting us know. I know you're caught between several hundred rocks and a hard place. I'm sure you went to bat for us.

Thanks very much Kossy and Venus for the stellar job you've been doing the past week moderating this tough crowd. Both of you were amazing.

One good thing that has come of this is watching the big time gooners come to this thread and complain that they didn't get anything either. OMG, I've laughed so hard several times. And with any luck, a few more of them will get their comeuppance for continuing to be the cheats they are. It *almost* made it all worth it.

Since PWI management, in it's infinite wisdom, had decided to **** the honest player base once again, I happily return the favor. My son (who also plays) has been saving up money for a very long time to finally buy the last 2/3rds of his R9. I was gonna help him out with the last little bit. Guess who's getting a ps4 instead?

Plus freaking 1. 5 Hypers for the mayhem they have caused.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Le Red 1: The comparison has a flaw. If the whole team gets banned then it's equal suffering, but at this point people who legitimately received 3-6 orbs will not banned, while many others get zero. Imagine east-time server faction wasn't on at the time, while a west-time server faction was on at the time of the release of the code. Result: West coast gets huge dominance over that particular east-time server faction.

It's not equal suffering. Because only one or two players cheated and the whole team was punished for it. It's exactly the same here where abuses were cheating the system and the page and now the code isn't available for anyone. 6 orbs will probably not be banned. The page legitimately sent out 2 or 3 packs with one code due to the lag and the page going off the hook.

Le Red 2: No I did not know this. But with a company and revenue flow of this size I highly doubt it would be difficult to even MAINTAIN such simple communication of fixing a god damn glitch? Also, are you telling me that PWE has absolutely no one on their team to fix a glitch? Are they just monkeys waiting to catch that banana thrown from China? Anyways I won't argue on this point because there's absolutely no way in knowing unless you work for the company.

It's not the communication that's the issue. What many don't realise is that PWE is a publisher, not a developer. They don't build the games and publish them like a certain other company does that shares it's name with a snow storm (how's that for circumventing rule 8 xD?). The problem is, is that if China does not see it as a priority, China doesn't fix it. Nothing PWE can do. China will add it to the list and it'll either rise or fall on it depending. I'm telling you PWE doesn't have the RIGHT to touch the game code. The only function of the game they have the vast majority of control over is the boutique and it's prices. It's horse ****, I know. But there's nothing we can do. It's a licensing thing.

Le Red 3: Connectivity issues and lag. TW problems. That justifies that every single server who experienced this would get the SAME REWARD as Archosaur? 2x experience I'd understand, but providing such a flawed 3-9 orbs and event gold for free to every single player is stupid no matter how much you try to sweeten it up.

Servers dropping out is almost the same as a rollback. While a rollback involves losing actual days played, server drop outs stop you from even accessing the game itself. Which means you also lose playable time. It's just a rollback happens after the fact, but a Server dropout is during the fact. Lost City was having server dropouts, mass DC and even pings of 50k. 50k is not a good ping to have when in TT. It's scary b:shocked.

Le blue this time. I love how you used the "le red."
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Plus freaking 1. 5 Hypers for the mayhem they have caused.

5 hypers was the other code before this one. Anyone who redeemed it when it was first released, cannot redeem it now. I know, I tried thinking it was a brand new code. It's not.
  • SuckMyCrit - Momaganon
    edited November 2013
    Options

ps4 for the win \o/
  • GhostHealer - Heavens Tear
    GhostHealer - Heavens Tear Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hyper stones? Seriously? You think hyper stones can fix this?
    Could you give us a less useless item? That's such an insult to the gaming community.
    You're just pissing on us now without having the mercy to call it rain.
    This is the single most ****ed up thing I have ever seen.
    Any other MMO corporation would have fixed this problem the right way, but when it comes to PWE?

Eh, Let's just give them Hyper Stones. 5 should do it, right guys? Hehehe we're so smart. Let's go have a snack before our afternoon naps!

Even a 5 year old would know that, that **** isn't gonna fix anything. I feel bad for the mods in this forum, and even you DoD, you guys have to deal with all this rage.
    This game has been dying for the last couple of years, and all that was missing was the tombstone.
    Welp, you guys found it!

Here lies PWE.
    We gave them Hyper Stones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thx PWE for" being fair", last time i checked u cant refine anything with 5 hyper stones.thx for **** up ppl who played this game almost from the beginning, invested money and who brought more ppl in the game No chance i am investing more money in this ****
  • rose1111111
    rose1111111 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yahooo, ban people for abusing the code. But in reality its not the player's fault, its PWI fault for foking up the reward system. Don't get me wrong, I didn't a damn thing cause the code was deactivated when i tried, but its PWI's fault, and since others can't get the same reward as the abusers, pwi will loose even more people. Meeeeehhhhh I QUIT. I'll try a P-server.
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    With a economy of 1 gold= 2m of coins (Raging Tides).

+10 Ocean Orb cost 50 gold x 3= 150 gold = 300m of coins vs 5 Hypers... oh PWI....

so.......
  • Aithusa - Dreamweaver
    Aithusa - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    (The initial compensation code for 5x HyperEXP Stones is now available for everyone: 3HTYJKE)

Following these initial actions, we still thought that for a rollback, our actions were not great enough. Many players lost refinement and thus power during the rollback, and so giving more exp/sp/drops/coins if you play wouldn't resolve their complaint.

Thus we came up with the compensation code that we all now are aware of.
    Unfortunately, because of it's abuse we've had to cancel the cross-server compensation and refocus back on the initial goal of compensating Archosaur Rollback players.

Is there anything I can receive right now?

We've re-activated the initial compensation code that gives out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players. It can be used once per account until NOVEMBER 30th

You can redeem it here once per account until NOVEMBER 30th : 3HTYJKE

There is no shouting with this one...

So instead of fixing the other code, it was decided to give out a new fixed code for hypers <.<

And how can you say there is no shouting with this one? 3 dorbs + 100 event gold = 5 hypers? Seriously? PWE believe this would actually calm people down? In fact its adding even more insult to injury.
This discussion has been closed.