Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Options

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sage HP buff is 40% hp. Yes, we all know the description says 35%. It's not the only erroneous skill description in the game.

Although it is right on ecatomb. ^^

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Glass cannon assassins that insist on BB on non-AOE bosses, and get 2 or 3 shot by the boss if you don't have BB up and they take aggro from whoever you were healing... especially if they then try to lecture you on how to heal, and how you should never rez and rebuff during a boss fight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kalmiah - Raging Tide
    Kalmiah - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Sage HP buff is 40% hp. Yes, we all know the description says 35%. It's not the only erroneous skill description in the game.

b:cute Then why my HP stays the same after a sage barb overbuffs my demon buff?

Sage only lasts longer. Demon grants chi.

●Beast King's Inspiration

Mana 495
    Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 2.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
    A great growl grants oneself and nearby squad members an
    35% increase in max hit points. Effect lasts 1 minutes.

Sage version increases duration to 1 hour.

○Beast King's Inspiration

Mana 495
    Channel 0.5 seconds
    Cast 2.0 seconds
    Cooldown 3.0 seconds
    Weapon Axe, Poleaxe, Hammer or Polehammer

Required Cultivation Aware of the Void
    A great growl grants oneself and nearby squad members an increase of 35%
    to max hit points and an increase in Chi gain. Effect lasts 30 minutes.

Demon version lets affected heroes gain 50% more Chi.
    Demon version grants 20 Chi recovery to you and nearby allies.

//Edit

There are also some mistakes with the ecatomb description as sage lasts 1 hour instead of a minute and demon grants 35 chi to the barb themselves.
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Clerics have no reason to really complain; unless they plan on soloing so sage hp is longer. Other than that; demon grants y'all chi. Same 35%.

And Titan is stronger for sage but this doesn't apply to magic hitters. And today; with new gear and that. I can hold Aggro better than a sage better by being demon. So y'all can love me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Clerics have no reason to really complain; unless they plan on soloing so sage hp is longer. Other than that; demon grants y'all chi. Same 35%.

And Titan is stronger for sage but this doesn't apply to magic hitters. And today; with new gear and that. I can hold Aggro better than a sage better by being demon. So y'all can love me.

when i'm not on sin I LOVE those chi generating machinesb:dirty
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    when i'm not on sin I LOVE those chi generating machinesb:dirty

Oh I know! It used to be an inside joke that a veno friend would pass me a spark and i'd pass one back :D I love demon chi skills.

So that is something that annoys me. Demon cleric's who stand around, doing nothing, then ask for a spark. It takes 30-60 seconds to get a full 4 depending on proc rate.

Same thing used to drive me nuts back in FCC days when a cleric would bubble on a pull, pull would finish, and they'd stand their waiting for a spark. You can get a spark back just by stacking your barb for the next pull, btw. Just like venos learn to spam heal their pets when they're not attacking for chi, clerics should learn to spam heal other players or spam their buffs to keep full chi.

Oh, and back when everyone FCCd all the time (in squads, at level) clerics were getting really good at stacking barbs before the next pull. Then FCCs became a solo farming instance and clerics seem to have forgotten how to stack before a pull. For every 10 Warsong runs I do I probably get 1 cleric who will stack me before a pav pull nowadays, and that drives me nuts.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Those all sound like things the pisses off barbs in squads not things that annoy the cleric. >>

When the mystic rez buffs themselves instead of the cleric, and when seekers don't heart shatter. Not only would it increase their DD and make it easier for them to tank, but it would give the cleric a little boost too when they are the debuff/DD stage and seeker has a full stack of heals. :P

• SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    is when someone teaches me how to play a class that I've played my entire pwi life - cleric.
    Insanity b:thanks
  • _Sakara_ - Heavens Tear
    _Sakara_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Lots....

When I Am Cleric:
    I think my number one though, is when someone is getting hit or fighting, decides they cant do it themselves and needs to regain, and chooses to run AWAY from the cleric instead of to them...
    b:angry

I hate when a barb does not roar. This hasnt happened since i hit my 100s, but before... And they yell at you for not healing. Not my fault. Your fails are not my concern...

When the mystic buffs someone else before the cleric. I'm not being greedy, im being smart. I have Demon res, you all will be just fine. I on the other hand you need...

"res... cleric... res..... im dead... res..." I'M DOIN SOMETHIN HERE!!!! *keeping the tank alive*

Sakara, can you res me? You have not talked to me in 6 months, you do not say hi, you do not help me, who are you again? NO! If you are a person who I like, talk to, a friend, I will gladly spend 16k to res you in Frost, but if you are a stranger I have better things to do, I can go back to city so can you.

They expect me to keep up, i have no choice but to use Holy Path... then they do a pull, I BB... Now im out of chi, and I need to use Holy Path again. I cant use cloud eruption... I ask for a second to get chi... I am ignored. Dont yell at me for not BBing..

Yes, i realize you need heals/BB. But either I was stunned and you were an instant-death, or BB is interupted. Not my problem...

When Others Are Cleric:
    do not wait for the charm to tick before you heal... I used to do this when i was a noob, but now I learned better.

IH is not a sudden heal. Don't wait till the person is half dead before you IH them. I try and IH the second they are hit to prevent further damage, I might waste some pots doing this but it will keep them alive.

Ahem.... tank is dying, stop DDing and do your job. Heals first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Korpinsulka - Raging Tide
    Korpinsulka - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    ,I absolutely when people don't wait for rez, they town portal instead and then waste squad's time by walking back.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    is when someone teaches me how to play a class that I've played my entire pwi life - cleric.

People who assume they know how to play better than others and thus never learn.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • DarkElfNurse - Morai
    DarkElfNurse - Morai Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sorry if these have already been mentioned, I couldn't read 26 pages b:chuckle

I hate when I suck (which is often) at healing in squad and end up getting heal aggro - often because I can't tell that the target has gone to pull a mob while I'm doing IH- But I also hate when I've messed up and the others are silent, do ominous ... or other comments that look like annoyance. I'd rather just be told what I did wrong so I don't do it again. I have not yet figured out when clerics are to heal or not heal. b:worried

I hate when I go to help people do a boss or dungeon because they really need a healer and there's a quick thank you when they leave squad afterwards. I dunno, maybe I'm expecting them to stick around for more squad stuff. Perhaps I suck that bad. b:surrender

I hate when people try to settle an argument by mentioning they have other high level alts, especially ones on other servers. Me having a level 58 Cleric wouldn't make me the best ever level 20 seeker. It is also really irrelevant if someone DOES NOT have a high level character. Right now you're ruining a potential squaddie friendship with your propensity and arrogance. (NOTE: this does not apply if you are mentioning your other alts/high level alts in a neutral conversation, as a neutral advice giving situation, or for offering to help on that alt, etc).

I hate when we go to make a squad, and instead of trying to invite as many people as possible, one/some/all of the squad members just want to rush in and get it done. I especially hate this when I've not buffed everyone, or there are quests I/others have for killing instance mobs.

I hate when squads want an enthusiastic DD who isn't the tank to "learn their lesson" by not helping them kill a mob and letting them die. Even if that person is stubborn but managing to kill the mob(usually singular) they attack safely.

People who whine that I'm not at them yet, because I was doing quests/farming at another part of the map, I am offering to help heal/buff, and it takes time to fly and teleport (which I shouldn't even have to do cos it is costing ME MY OWN COIN just to do a free job). All so I can get a little thank you at the end. b:infuriated
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sorry if these have already been mentioned, I couldn't read 26 pages b:chuckle

I hate when I suck (which is often) at healing in squad and end up getting heal aggro - often because I can't tell that the target has gone to pull a mob while I'm doing IH- But I also hate when I've messed up and the others are silent, do ominous ... or other comments that look like annoyance. I'd rather just be told what I did wrong so I don't do it again. I have not yet figured out when clerics are to heal or not heal. b:worried

I hate when I go to help people do a boss or dungeon because they really need a healer and there's a quick thank you when they leave squad afterwards. I dunno, maybe I'm expecting them to stick around for more squad stuff. Perhaps I suck that bad. b:surrender

I hate when people try to settle an argument by mentioning they have other high level alts, especially ones on other servers. Me having a level 58 Cleric wouldn't make me the best ever level 20 seeker. It is also really irrelevant if someone DOES NOT have a high level character. Right now you're ruining a potential squaddie friendship with your propensity and arrogance. (NOTE: this does not apply if you are mentioning your other alts/high level alts in a neutral conversation, as a neutral advice giving situation, or for offering to help on that alt, etc).

I hate when we go to make a squad, and instead of trying to invite as many people as possible, one/some/all of the squad members just want to rush in and get it done. I especially hate this when I've not buffed everyone, or there are quests I/others have for killing instance mobs.

I hate when squads want an enthusiastic DD who isn't the tank to "learn their lesson" by not helping them kill a mob and letting them die. Even if that person is stubborn but managing to kill the mob(usually singular) they attack safely.

People who whine that I'm not at them yet, because I was doing quests/farming at another part of the map, I am offering to help heal/buff, and it takes time to fly and teleport (which I shouldn't even have to do cos it is costing ME MY OWN COIN just to do a free job). All so I can get a little thank you at the end. b:infuriated

Gotta hover that pinky over the esc button when healing people some times ;) Especially when stacking people with IH before they pull, since they can take off into the mobs at any moment a you causing heal aggro would mess up the pull and their fun. You will get heal aggro anytime you heal someone who has not yet damage a mob.

Sounds like you're looking for alot of thanks for being the healer and I have some bad news. Its not going to happen from 99% of pwi players. Cleric's now get treated almost like equals with no special treatment just because they healed/buffed. Clerics used to be alot more needed and were kind of bullies about who they accepted in their squads, choice of drops, etc... Paint and better gear sort of solved that, but it means we don't get to be the spoiled little princesses some of us think we deserve to be, idolized, adored, and thanked =/

A quick ty at the end of a run before leaving is at least decent. Most peoples's aims are efficiancy, not really courtesy.

Speaking of...
    What pisses me off? Being the cleric in a squad set on free that has grabby people in it. I'm probably not going to be as close to the mobs as the tank or dd when he mobs dies because I'm busy healing and protecting everyone. If you get grabby, I will stand where you are instead of healing and be grabby for drops. Better just to have on random where things are fair, usually.

Speaking of drops. If we kill a boss, and you drop squad to pickup drops I will not be squading with you. It really annoys me how often lead changes right after a boss and no one can pickup for 60 seconds except for the people outside of squad, so they get first go at the drops. BLed.

And another thing. As a tank and a cleric I have to wonder "Cleric! Y U no stack before Lunar/WS pulls!?!" As much as people call FCC a hyper nub instance at least most clerics learned to stack the barb before a pull. Get to lvl 100 and cleric's no longer do it for a person about to do a big Lunar or Warsong pull. Stagnation is worse than hyper nubbing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • DarkElfNurse - Morai
    DarkElfNurse - Morai Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Sounds like you're looking for alot of thanks for being the healer and I have some bad news. Its not going to happen from 99% of pwi players. Cleric's now get treated almost like equals with no special treatment just because they healed/buffed. Clerics used to be alot more needed and were kind of bullies about who they accepted in their squads, choice of drops, etc... Paint and better gear sort of solved that, but it means we don't get to be the spoiled little princesses some of us think we deserve to be, idolized, adored, and thanked =/

A quick ty at the end of a run before leaving is at least decent. Most peoples's aims are efficiancy, not really courtesy.

Yeah, you're right Sakubatou, and actually when I thought about it I think I worded it all wrong and made it sound like I should be "rewarded" for healing them. The lack of thanks stuck out because of a particular incident I recall (it happened yesterday actually b:chuckle).

I went to help some people in faction kill the Rattus guy. When I got there, there were also some out-of-squad people trying to kill him too. After promising to help them as well if they didn't get it, it looked like everyone I had been in squad with jumped out (likely to form a new squad with them). I didn't mind still healing them, but then half of them suddenly flew off, and I was still running around checking to see if anyone needed healed for it. It was someone out of faction who kindly let me know that they had all got it for their quest. b:angry

I think it is because at the end of runs and bosses I try to let the squaddies know I'll buff and heal when I can. or even do another instance/boss with them right after it. I'd like to think that makes a difference, since I find it hard to find complete groups for instances without a faction.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think it is because at the end of runs and bosses I try to let the squaddies know I'll buff and heal when I can. or even do another instance/boss with them right after it. I'd like to think that makes a difference, since I find it hard to find complete groups for instances without a faction.

it's really rare to do multiple runs with the same squad (with the exception of AEU and ofc pv). it's not because the squad failed or you did badly; but typically people have a limited time and most instances are an one-per-day thing.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • DailyStone - Sanctuary
    DailyStone - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    usually what pissed me off is the squad attitude..ppl that whined about their charm ticked...the charm is there for a reason...daaa...always blame cleric for not healing, especially DDers, when the cleric is busy healing the tanker, and some DD somehow pull agro, and die like in one or 2 shot, before i could even switch heal from tanker to them..and then blame the cleric for not healing.

Second one, is the fast runner squads...run ahead of squad without waiting for cleric, and do sacrificial moves, run into mobs and bammm dead...and again, blame the cleric *why u dont heal*..usually if i see this kind of ppl, i just let them running into mobs, and i dont bother to holy path..not being selfish, but when u in squad, is the teamwork that counts, not soloing or kamikaze ur way in.

other than that..is no biggie. Tho i do really pissed off when a squad is not talking, felt bored and felt so long b:laugh
  • Annberlynn - Archosaur
    Annberlynn - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Inside of Squad
    1. People that will PM you non-stop asking for rez. I'm a cleric, I think I know that you need rez. Weather I am close to you or not will depend on how fast you get your rez. Be patient, we were only given the slowest feet in the game. -__-
    2. People that release when dead when they have 1+ clerics in squad. We were put into this game so you don't lost exp, take advantage of that. That's what we're there for, especially now that we have a no exp loss skill and you don't.
    3. People who think their s**t don't stink. I understand, you're a badass. Don't let the fact that you just died because you ran off without your cleric fool you. I don't care who you are or what your reputation is. I'm here to heal you and the rest of the squad. Not just you.
    4. People that BLAME you for their stupidity. I'm sorry that you just ran into a group of mobs and only hit one and I didn't heal. Sorry pal, but I'd rather just you die then my whole squad. <3 So if you're going to run in guns blazing by all means, just make sure to hit all the mobs you're willing to tank so I don't have to for you.
    5. People who assume that you should bow down and do whatever they say. Oh, you're out of range of BB, well back that *** up sweetheart because I ain't moving it for just one person. That's a 2 spark skill so unless you're going to throw me a spark (besides venos) so I CAN move, shut up and get in BB range. And when you die, don't ask me what level my BB is. It's the same as everyone else's. My heals are strong, your intelligence is not.
    6. People who run away from buffs. I'm pretty good about buffing multiple times just to make sure everyone has their buffs. So don't b***h and moan when you don't have buffs and you die. Don't blame me for your ignorant choices. I hate chasing down people to buff them and well frankly if I start buffing you and you continue to run, don't expect buffs from me. You obviously don't want them THAT bad.

Outside of Squad
    1. "BUFF ME BUFF ME BUFF ME!!!" Sure, I have no problem buffing you, but please either send me a squad invite or make yourself easy to find. Nothing more annoying then trying to buff someone that you can't find and then them getting upset with you when you don't buff them.
    2. Telling me how to play my class. If you're such an expert on how to play a cleric, then why aren't you one? Exactly. I've been playing my class for years, I think I know how to play her. The do's and don't's. Don't be surprised when I tell you to shove it. To play your class and stop trying to tell me how to play mine when you clearly are still learning your own toon.
    3. "Can you rez me? *Two seconds later* FINE SELFISH B***H!" Um.. I'm sorry that I'm not where you want me to be within a millisecond of you asking me to rez you. Gimme a moment to at least f**kin' find you, damn.
    4. People in PK mode. Whoa, I know you're a badass PK'er and all but are you really that weak that you have to boost your ego by killing a defenseless cleric? I'm pretty nice in PK. I'll buff you if you ask me nicely, but don't expect me to be nice when I buff you and then you kill me. I'll honestly farm you and if I can't. I'll have my boyfriend do it for me. :P
    5. Flirting. I know my toon is cute and adorable but that doesn't mean I want you to try and get in my pants. I might not have a husband's name above my head, but that doesn't automatically mean I'm single. I'm in a very happy relationship and your "dirty talk" isn't going to change that. Maybe you'll find you a nice **** somewhere, but it won't be me. Just saying.
    6. "Can I have money?" I know cleric's aren't the only ones who get asked this, but since I'm RRR9, I get asked a lot. Just because I have nice things doesn't mean I'm loaded 24/7. I worked hard to get where I am, how about you do the same?

Specific Classes
    Barbarian: You're the fastest in the game... how do you expect us to keep up? Especially when we don't have holy path at lower levels? Protect your healer, you're no good to anyone if you're dead, no?
    Venomancer: You have a spark skill for a reason. Not to just use on yourself, but help us be able to put up BB multiple times. Your sparks to us can mean living or dying. I don't have a bunch of easy chi skills and don't always have chi pots on me. So stop being stingy with your sparks, share and save a life.
    Cleric: I'm a cleric that will DD and heal. I know that annoys some, but I'm rather good at it. What I don't like is people that will continue to DD when someone's charm is clearly ticking OR someone is about to die. If you can't DD and keep your squad alive either A. Stick to just healing OR B. Pick a different class because Cleric obviously isn't for you.
    Archer: You're a ranged DD. Do just that please when a ranged mob is hitting me. I can't exactly just drop BB to kill it without the rest of the squad dying now can I?
    Blademaster: AOE! Don't run in guns blazing into a group of mobs and then just auto attack one mob.... that's a damn good way to get yourself, your cleric and the rest of your squad killed.
    Wizard: Another ranged DD. Unless you're in your constant AOE please get ranged mobs like an archer.
    Seeker: Vortex. It's a great AOE. It's however REALLY annoying when you constantly drop it in delta. Don't give me this excuse, "it's too much herb." You're not the only person that has to sacrifice their herb for something. Suck it up, if you don't like it, pick another class.
    Mystic: Rez balls! I know they're great, but you know what's even better? PUTTING THEM ON THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN REZ YOU WHEN YOU DIE. Another factor that can cause a squad to stay alive, or wipe.
    Assassin: Stealth... I know it's fun to use and all but unless you KNOW for 100% fact you can stealth through and kill a boss while everyone else is left clearning, don't. Because honestly when you die and scream for a rez until you get one, just makes me want to leave you dead and force you to release.
    Psychic: I like Psychic buffs just as much as the next person, but please don't put one on me that's going to drain my mana.... No mans = no heals. No heals = dead squad. Dead squad = people complaining. Do you want to be the person everyone is mad at? I didn't think so. Keep your mana sucker to yourself please <3.

Inside of Squad
    1. People that will PM you non-stop asking for rez. I'm a cleric, I think I know that you need rez. Weather I am close to you or not will depend on how fast you get your rez. Be patient, we were only given the slowest feet in the game. -__-
    2. People that release when dead when they have 1+ clerics in squad. We were put into this game so you don't lost exp, take advantage of that. That's what we're there for, especially now that we have a no exp loss skill and you don't.
    3. People who think their s**t don't stink. I understand, you're a badass. Don't let the fact that you just died because you ran off without your cleric fool you. I don't care who you are or what your reputation is. I'm here to heal you and the rest of the squad. Not just you.
    4. People that BLAME you for their stupidity. I'm sorry that you just ran into a group of mobs and only hit one and I didn't heal. Sorry pal, but I'd rather just you die then my whole squad. <3 So if you're going to run in guns blazing by all means, just make sure to hit all the mobs you're willing to tank so I don't have to for you.
    5. People who assume that you should bow down and do whatever they say. Oh, you're out of range of BB, well back that *** up sweetheart because I ain't moving it for just one person. That's a 2 spark skill so unless you're going to throw me a spark (besides venos) so I CAN move, shut up and get in BB range. And when you die, don't ask me what level my BB is. It's the same as everyone else's. My heals are strong, your intelligence is not.
    6. People who run away from buffs. I'm pretty good about buffing multiple times just to make sure everyone has their buffs. So don't b***h and moan when you don't have buffs and you die. Don't blame me for your ignorant choices. I hate chasing down people to buff them and well frankly if I start buffing you and you continue to run, don't expect buffs from me. You obviously don't want them THAT bad.

Same post but without color... for the color-reading challenged.

Outside of Squad
    1. "BUFF ME BUFF ME BUFF ME!!!" Sure, I have no problem buffing you, but please either send me a squad invite or make yourself easy to find. Nothing more annoying then trying to buff someone that you can't find and then them getting upset with you when you don't buff them.
    2. Telling me how to play my class. If you're such an expert on how to play a cleric, then why aren't you one? Exactly. I've been playing my class for years, I think I know how to play her. The do's and don't's. Don't be surprised when I tell you to shove it. To play your class and stop trying to tell me how to play mine when you clearly are still learning your own toon.
    3. "Can you rez me? *Two seconds later* FINE SELFISH B***H!" Um.. I'm sorry that I'm not where you want me to be within a millisecond of you asking me to rez you. Gimme a moment to at least f**kin' find you, damn.
    4. People in PK mode. Whoa, I know you're a badass PK'er and all but are you really that weak that you have to boost your ego by killing a defenseless cleric? I'm pretty nice in PK. I'll buff you if you ask me nicely, but don't expect me to be nice when I buff you and then you kill me. I'll honestly farm you and if I can't. I'll have my boyfriend do it for me. :P
    5. Flirting. I know my toon is cute and adorable but that doesn't mean I want you to try and get in my pants. I might not have a husband's name above my head, but that doesn't automatically mean I'm single. I'm in a very happy relationship and your "dirty talk" isn't going to change that. Maybe you'll find you a nice **** somewhere, but it won't be me. Just saying.
    6. "Can I have money?" I know cleric's aren't the only ones who get asked this, but since I'm RRR9, I get asked a lot. Just because I have nice things doesn't mean I'm loaded 24/7. I worked hard to get where I am, how about you do the same?

Specific Classes
    Barbarian: You're the fastest in the game... how do you expect us to keep up? Especially when we don't have holy path at lower levels? Protect your healer, you're no good to anyone if you're dead, no?
    Venomancer: You have a spark skill for a reason. Not to just use on yourself, but help us be able to put up BB multiple times. Your sparks to us can mean living or dying. I don't have a bunch of easy chi skills and don't always have chi pots on me. So stop being stingy with your sparks, share and save a life.
    Cleric: I'm a cleric that will DD and heal. I know that annoys some, but I'm rather good at it. What I don't like is people that will continue to DD when someone's charm is clearly ticking OR someone is about to die. If you can't DD and keep your squad alive either A. Stick to just healing OR B. Pick a different class because Cleric obviously isn't for you.
    Archer: You're a ranged DD. Do just that please when a ranged mob is hitting me. I can't exactly just drop BB to kill it without the rest of the squad dying now can I?
    Blademaster: AOE! Don't run in guns blazing into a group of mobs and then just auto attack one mob.... that's a damn good way to get yourself, your cleric and the rest of your squad killed.
    Wizard: Another ranged DD. Unless you're in your constant AOE please get ranged mobs like an archer.
    Seeker: Vortex. It's a great AOE. It's however REALLY annoying when you constantly drop it in delta. Don't give me this excuse, "it's too much herb." You're not the only person that has to sacrifice their herb for something. Suck it up, if you don't like it, pick another class.
    Mystic: Rez balls! I know they're great, but you know what's even better? PUTTING THEM ON THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN REZ YOU WHEN YOU DIE. Another factor that can cause a squad to stay alive, or wipe.
    Assassin: Stealth... I know it's fun to use and all but unless you KNOW for 100% fact you can stealth through and kill a boss while everyone else is left clearning, don't. Because honestly when you die and scream for a rez until you get one, just makes me want to leave you dead and force you to release.
    Psychic: I like Psychic buffs just as much as the next person, but please don't put one on me that's going to drain my mana.... No mans = no heals. No heals = dead squad. Dead squad = people complaining. Do you want to be the person everyone is mad at? I didn't think so. Keep your mana sucker to yourself please <3.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Please... please... never make a rainbow post like that again. I don't care how useful what you have to say is, I cannot read that... my eyes are bleeding.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Annberlynn - Archosaur
    Annberlynn - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Please... please... never make a rainbow post like that again. I don't care how useful what you have to say is, I cannot read that... my eyes are bleeding.

Then don't read it <3
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Please... please... never make a rainbow post like that again... my eyes are bleeding.

+1 The easier to read option was nice, but doubled the post length.
    Inside of Squad
    2. People that release when dead when they have 1+ clerics in squad.
    This drives me nuts more in TW than PvE. Time is precious, and if I'm neglecting others to rez you and then you release >.<

Outside of Squad
    1. "BUFF ME BUFF ME BUFF ME!!!" Sure, I have no problem buffing you
    I hate the ninja invite or demands from outside of the squad. If a person politely asks for buffs then requests a squad, sure. People who randomly invite then say "buff pls" or people who just say "Hey, buff me" dont get buffs.
    I hate this attitude and find it on the worst players. Take constructive criticism, you might learn something and improve. The irony of this comment follow one about how other people think their "sht don't stink" when this is the same thing. Also, someone may be a pro cleric with great advice and just playing another class at the moment. At this point of the game I assume everyone has played everything. At the very least its a chance for you to politely explain why you did it your way so they learn something.
    4. I'll have my boyfriend do it for me. :P Watch out...
    They do it to male chars playing females, too, and that imo is even worse. Online hookups are just :'(

Specific Classes
    I'm a huuuuge advocate that every cleric NEEDS cloud eruption or chi syphon on their PvE genie. Someone dies because the cleric doesn't have chi, that's the cleric's fault.
    Seeker: Vortex. It's a great AOE. It's however REALLY annoying when you constantly drop it in delta. I on the other hand, hate seekers that do nothing but vortex. Soulsever Minuet is -10 def and atk levels. Blade Affinity->3 aoes->Gemini Slash. You should have done 20-100% mobs hp in just this and it takes 5 seconds. Now all the mobs are debuffed, anyone can tank, and everyone is doing an extra 10% damage. Now you can put up vortex or just clear the last few mobs. I normally do the Soulsever combo then move in between melee and ranged mobs so my vortex actually hits the back row, which it won't if it'd been up from the start. I typically drop vortex near the end and blade affinity again and aoe a bunch to replace my sparks. Seekers who leave vortex up don't debuff/amp mobs and don't contribute to the ranged mobs so aren't really doing their share.
    Psychic: I like Psychic buffs just as much as the next person, but please don't put one on me that's going to drain my mana
    More annoying to me is psychics who use Soul of Silence when the squad will be zhenning. All the mobs get pulled in nice and tight around bubble and HF goes off and the veno gets some beautiful myriad armor breaks and mind shatters and then.... all the mobs run away before anyone can hit them then stand outside of bb in a full 360 arc so no two mobs can be aoed at the same time. The melees run after them without realizing they're out of bb and get squished. The barb was tanking 30 melee mobs just fine but now is getting beat to death trying to tank 30 magic mobs... Same goes for Parasitic Nova, Gale Force, and Thicket[ but not using SoS is something that can super easily be avoided in places like metal, delta or nix valley.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    [snip]

[snip]

[snip]

I agree with a lot of things in your post as I find them very annoying too. I've been and played Cleric for nearly as long as my Venomancer so that's quite some years and I can easily say I've witnessed almost everything you mentioned.

However, I'm gonna disagree with two points I added in the quote. This is not to pick on you but since these are forums and other people visit to read stuff and sometimes learn from...

It's better to be open minded and accept criticism regardless of how long you've been playing a class. There's always more room for improvement and the chance to learn something new or discover a new way of doing something or a new way of using a skill and such. Also, at this point, the majority of players (if not all) have multiple alts so you can't really know whether they have played your class before or not.

It's true that some people are harsh and rude but sometimes those people can potentially teach you something. It's a waste of time for me to argue or bother with people like these but I take whatever useful I find in their remarks and move on.

The second point is Venomancers passing chi to the Cleric.
    I generally advice Venomancers to do so but there's a fine line between assisting the Cleric - playing your support part and just being abused as a chi slave.
    I will get annoyed when the Cleric constantly needs/asks for chi when I, myself, can manage my chi in most situations when playing a Cleric and learnt not to rely on Venomancers.

If the Cleric needs too much chi than they can make/manage then it's usually one of these things:
    a.Overusing BB <- most usual case, BB's not needed everywhere
    b.BB getting interrupted too much <- most likely shouldn't be BBing in that case though
    c.Squad does too many small pulls so the Cleric needs to BB too often <- can arguably fall into a. category, best solution is to tell your squad you need a moment to build chi

..and yes, Cloud Eruption/Chi Siphon is definitely a must if you feel you can't manage/keep up with your chi otherwise.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • hotlatina
    hotlatina Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Haha oh boy..Theres a few things that **** me off, supporting people >.>

When told how to heal, or buff ( i think we all don't like being told what to do when it comes to your character )

Negative attitude towards the support for not having good channeling ornaments or perfect heals ._.

Ah yes...Being kicked out of squad for having low hp 2300-2800..

All the things that annoy me when i play my cleric and help others who need CLERICS b:pleased
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Then don't read it <3

Considering the time it takes to put that many colors in, I must say you wasted a lot of time.b:chuckle
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I must say I've mostly avoided responding in this angst-filled but highly amusing thread, but I'll throw in my 2 cents:

1) clerics move soooo slow. that annoys me!
    2) when my cleric goes violet dance, don't expect heals, therefore, don't attack the warsong boss before my sin, who is ok without heals, whereas you will go splat, wasting time.

... thats pretty much it!. On the rare occasions where I squad others with cleric for pve situations, I'm pretty laid back, or, I bring my sin and do the instance so fast that the others don't have the opportunity to mess up. And I'm sorry to say, I'm not terribly worried about your charm, lol. I go through several platinums each week, 5k-10k off yours won't make me blink. I will certainly rez and rebuff you though. And then remind you to let my assassin attack the boss first :D
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I must say I've mostly avoided responding in this angst-filled but highly amusing thread, but I'll throw in my 2 cents:

1) clerics move soooo slow. that annoys me!
    2) when my cleric goes violet dance, don't expect heals, therefore, don't attack the warsong boss before my sin, who is ok without heals, whereas you will go splat, wasting time.

... thats pretty much it!. On the rare occasions where I squad others with cleric for pve situations, I'm pretty laid back, or, I bring my sin and do the instance so fast that the others don't have the opportunity to mess up. And I'm sorry to say, I'm not terribly worried about your charm, lol. I go through several platinums each week, 5k-10k off yours won't make me blink. I will certainly rez and rebuff you though. And then remind you to let my assassin attack the boss first :D

*Squads Aeliah and sets to follow
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I hate those type of squads, where the cleric isn't healing because their toon doesn't need it. And you just sit there and watch them with not much to do really. It kills all the fun out of it. But I don't really like high levels in my lowbie squads either.

• Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Some of my cleric peeves, gonna be a long one

Anytime I BB/RB on a boss and afterwards no one waits for me to build up enough chi to BB/RB again (and doesn't think to ask) then gets mad when I don't set it up right away

Other clerics who automatically go metamage (VD) because "there's another healer already"

People who complain about heals but they constantly run out of range and never agro other mobs (I only have holy path and the mobs come after me b:cry)

Venos who automatically assume I don't want bramble (I understand why for other clerics but they could at least ask)

People who ask for buffs but run ahead but I'm done casting all of them

People who res then run away before I can heal/rebuff them then complain when they die at the next group of mobs

Psychics who constantly die and refuse to use white voodoo (it gets old after 4 times)

Sins who stealth and attacks mobs while we can't reach them and expects heals

Sin who wants BB to keep them alive when they agro a boss with only 2k hp

When a sin doesn't bp because there's a cleric (I've had a few sins try that ****)

Anyone who assumes my heals are **** because my cleric is T2 HA/AA mix (I still have 10k mana,a T2 glaive and full demon skills ((yes I'm that crazy))

People that tell me to go metamage for damage but then ask for heals a few hits after

People who instantly think that it's a good idea to run at the next boss before I res other people in the squad

People who ask for me to res them when they have mystic's green balls (lol), I understand their res isn't no loss but come on...Why even have a mystic if you don't want their green balls? (lol again)

People who attack ranged/magic mobs while I have BB up then don't run back to BB after the mob runs away

Anyone who asks for my buffs but never returns the favor and gives theirs

People who rage at me in Warsong when they die in their pav...I have my own problems in WS why you no crabs b:laugh

People who tell me to not BB at snake (about 3 squads now) then rage when they get one hit

People who say "Y U NO PLAT MP CHARM?!" when I BB and have 3k herbs...Not wasting 6m when I can get almost 3 times the herbs to keep BB up

Clerics/Mystics who say "I will soloheal" then almost never cast any healing spells and I have to keep them alive too b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Some of my cleric peeves, gonna be a long one

Anytime I BB/RB on a boss and afterwards no one waits for me to build up enough chi to BB/RB again (and doesn't think to ask) then gets mad when I don't set it up right away

Do you say you need chi? Cloud Eruption ftw.

Other clerics who automatically go metamage (VD) because "there's another healer already"

Stronger DD should be in VD.

People who complain about heals but they constantly run out of range and never agro other mobs (I only have holy path and the mobs come after me b:cry)

Venos who automatically assume I don't want bramble (I understand why for other clerics but they could at least ask)

Then tell you want it b:cute

People who ask for buffs but run ahead but I'm done casting all of them

People who res then run away before I can heal/rebuff them then complain when they die at the next group of mobs

Psychics who constantly die and refuse to use white voodoo (it gets old after 4 times)

Sins who stealth and attacks mobs while we can't reach them and expects heals

Sin who wants BB to keep them alive when they agro a boss with only 2k hp

When a sin doesn't bp because there's a cleric (I've had a few sins try that ****)

Anyone who assumes my heals are **** because my cleric is T2 HA/AA mix (I still have 10k mana,a T2 glaive and full demon skills ((yes I'm that crazy))

Mana =/= healing power. Your heals ARE weaker than pure magic builded cleric's. Live with it.

People that tell me to go metamage for damage but then ask for heals a few hits after

People who instantly think that it's a good idea to run at the next boss before I res other people in the squad

People who ask for me to res them when they have mystic's green balls (lol), I understand their res isn't no loss but come on...Why even have a mystic if you don't want their green balls? (lol again)

Wtf? Of course you need to resurrect them. Mystic rez balls are there incase something extreme happens.

Also, for mystics being there only for res balls? Lol are you kidding me? Mystics can:

1. Soloheal if theyre skilled
    2. Deal fairly good DPS with summon + their fast attacks and fast chi build
    3. Debuff, reduce damage, aoe sleep (cancels mobs), DD or heal with plants
    4. INVIGORATE b:dirty

and a lot more

People who attack ranged/magic mobs while I have BB up then don't run back to BB after the mob runs away

Anyone who asks for my buffs but never returns the favor and gives theirs

People who rage at me in Warsong when they die in their pav...I have my own problems in WS why you no crabs b:laugh

People who tell me to not BB at snake (about 3 squads now) then rage when they get one hit

People who say "Y U NO PLAT MP CHARM?!" when I BB and have 3k herbs...Not wasting 6m when I can get almost 3 times the herbs to keep BB up

Clerics/Mystics who say "I will soloheal" then almost never cast any healing spells and I have to keep them alive too b:surrender

Dat blue.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    BM thingking that he can tank more than Barb can.

Other day was bh ws. Noobs bm with G16 full set (around 10k hp ) but low refines trying to pull all mobs from start up to last group on metal pav.(we dont have barb on squad btw). He just reach on second to the last group and die and boom we all died. (i use immune pots and cannot cast bb due to runners). and he keep on pushing to do like that. so what i did i bb on start and ignored him completely.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is more of a general pet peeve than anything, but it's been annoying me...

People that don't use WASD keys to move. This then causes them to miss or run off the platform in HDD every single time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute