Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so what about the ones that used secondary account to refine gear and traded them on main accounts, what about those, how are you gonna punish those?
    like for real, the best way to get it right is to roll back the servers
    The orbs are bound and do not work on unbound equipment. No one is going to use the orbs to refine equips on an alt account and pass it over to a main.
    people still getting orbs at 4.40pm of 2 days after the bug happened
    The source was removed long ago. All you see now is people who have recently opened their mail.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback you stupid monkeys or put on a new code so ppl can get as many as they want apparently since you don`t care about the revenue or else you would have performed rollback!

Besides all mods should just stop working u do it for free regardless, piece of **** company.
  • FireRaven - Dreamweaver
    FireRaven - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
    tried to redeem it today, and it's saying it expired?! the post says it won't expire til sunday, this is saturday!
  • Rainbowwing - Lost City
    Rainbowwing - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Rollback you stupid monkeys or put on a new code so ppl can get as many as they want apparently since you don`t care about the revenue or else you would have performed rollback!

cant stop laughting at this comment, but i agree on a rollback, but the stupid monkeys were to much .... :)

also since they havnt performed a rollback yet it feels like they actually putting themself in a harder and worse position, since they waiting instead of solving the issue.

it would be better to turn this to a "it never happend" to leave it as "it have happend, and a few still got".
    edited November 2013
    Options
    tried to redeem it today, and it's saying it expired?! the post says it won't expire til sunday, this is saturday!

"We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse."

Aka, if you didn`t get it`s your fault suckers, we love abusers/glitchers and only USA ppl because it was given when they were on and the rest of the people either slept or went to work/school.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

they had to expire the code cuz some greedy ppl abuse the code
    edited November 2013
    Options
    November indeed is a bad month, bad stuffs happen, here over 50 ppl died when the roof of a shopping mall collapsed, why couldn`t it be PWI`s building, at least then no1 would care...
  • ayoslangba
    ayoslangba Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    maybe not totally reroll,just only for the code problem especially those who abuse it.make another code only for account not get that reward
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    faruskas wrote: »
    Where is the stupid poll you put up last night? i just created 50 new accounts just to vote on the poll so you can perform a 3 month rollback in Feb 2014 :D

They didn't put up any poll. It was a mistake that wasn't meant to be here.
    Okay guys,

That should take care of the few posts with we missed the first time. So, I'd like to take the time to apologize for merging the poll thread ad this one. I haven't quite used to the way the forum appears on my screen afer the merge (for some reason the thread tools are at the bottom, when they were at the top. And it doesn't always highlight what I am merging) and mistook the post I wanted to merge into here, with that thread. Epic fail on my part. When I saw I did that, I literally yelled at my computer. Kinda went something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s Only, i'm not as cool as him and don't have a light saber. And I was yelling an inanimate object. b:chuckle We are unable to unmerge these, so I actually had to read each and every reply since that thread started and try to figure out if it went with that thread. So I apologize if I missed something or made a mistake in that regard. It was completely and totally an accident. One that took over 4 hours to fix so you can bet I wont be doing that again! @.@ And it would've taken much longer if it wasn't for the help of OPKossy! Thank you so much for all your help kossy, you are the best. And thank all you guys for your patience while we sorted out the thread issue. Again, I'm super sorry. *shares my cookie stash with all you*
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    November indeed is a bad month, bad stuffs happen, here over 50 ppl died when the roof of a shopping mall collapsed, why couldn`t it be PWI`s building, at least then no1 would care...

You......you need to just stop. Stop what you're saying. They have family and friend's you know :/.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ayoslangba wrote: »
    maybe not totally reroll,just only for the code problem especially those who abuse it.make another code only for account not get that reward

i do Believe it does not working to do a "not totally reroll" - its either a rollback or keep it as it is, and im pretty sure 95% of the Community seem to want a reroll, those other 5 % might want to keep it as it is because they might have gotten those orbs Before it were closed due to glitch abuse.
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    "We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse."

Aka, if you didn`t get it`s your fault suckers, we love abusers/glitchers and only USA ppl because it was given when they were on and the rest of the people either slept or went to work/school.

Don't go pointing fingers at "USA ppl" or I might be forced to say, "well sucks to be European doesn't it?"

Remember, PWI servers are mainly in the USA. The company is in the USA hence most things happen in North/South American and the vicinity time zones.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Don't go pointing fingers at "USA ppl" or I might be forced to say, "well sucks to be European doesn't it?"

Remember, PWI servers are mainly in the USA. The company is in the USA hence most things happen in North/South American and the vicinity time zones.

Yes sux, but now if they won`t do **** it will be mostly USA ppl running around with +10, but w/e enjoy this private server! b:bye
  • faruskas
    faruskas Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I wonder how many people have already QUIT and how many more will do if there is no rollback at (which seems it's what it's going to happen) Lets talk about this topic again tomorrow, when ppl post their comments about their experience in tonight's TW.
  • BREIKIJITO - Lost City
    BREIKIJITO - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i want rollback i dont get any orbs some pppls got lot of them cant play unbalanced games guys that was 5k hp now free gets to 15k hp and aim stil noob i pised whyi started play this game and spend lot of real money into it
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

That has to be the worst I seen so far People died and you would crack a joke about that f:fume you need to be freaking tied to a pole and be beaten f:brick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • elewing
    elewing Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Woh, that's nice. I've tried to redeem this code since it first came out but couldn't because of page lag. And now I find out it's expired and I couldn't get 1 package at all because the code expired after thousands of people got it at least 4 or 5 times. And you won't even know for sure who did unintentionally and who did it on purpose.
    Meh, personally, I don't even care. I've been playing this game for 1 month and I'm already tired of it because of its code glitches or whatnot. If you can't make the codes fair for everyone just remove them altogether. This is by far one of the worst MMORPG's i've played, simply because it seems to be a lot of obvious favouritism towards cheaters. Way to go, moving to another game.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Okay im off now! - To the Dev, call me when you did a roll back - feel free to send a news letter to my mailbox, i might start this game again when you done a rollback :)
  • boleisa
    boleisa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So why is that closed day ago when need to works to sunday
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That has to be the worst I seen so far People died and you would crack a joke about that f:fume you need to be freaking tied to a pole and be beaten f:brick

That wasn`t a joke...
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I didn't understand yet if it works on G16 or not.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
    edited November 2013
    Options
    porphy wrote: »

Only bound g16
  • dumptie
    dumptie Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Cheater got 105 in SFC and now they have a free +10 set (or +11/+12 if they entered enough)

The honest people are left empty handed AGAIN.

We can't even redeem the code ONCE.

PWI YOU FAIL AGAIN AND AGAIN. Wondering why this even suprised me b:shutup
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    porphy wrote: »

It works on G16. The items have to be bound before it can be used, though.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Those idiots should work even on the weekend considering this is a massive issue so I know to quit or not. b:spit
  • cenaisback
    cenaisback Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    can someone shoot link for me pls..
  • XCascadax - Harshlands
    XCascadax - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    what about give the rest the promissed code to???...b:surrender
    oh wait 50% aint enought for pwi .. were just player's and dont matter if not fair for allb:laugh but it's a cash game so it scould be fair when u give code out all scould be able gett it ijs...
  • anevaro
    anevaro Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    still no new official news or updates?
    the last update is like 8 hour ago.Is that is all the solution... or the problem is still discussed by the GMs?
    Any mod/admin could answer this please?
  • Skorzeny - Lost City
    Skorzeny - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OP do u have any info will they give code again..there is a lot of ppl who didnt get ???
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lack of people in there, when others are on weekend or free day's some1 else should be working.Maybe if someone would put a dollard on rollback button someone might accidently push it :/
This discussion has been closed.