Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• C_I_A - Dreamweaver
    C_I_A - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay so... im gonna play devils advicate here. Now hear me out.

A lot of people on this thread are new to the game, have paid no rl money at all. And yet they feel like they speak for the entire player base.

Now when you have invested a deposit for a house on your main in my mind you have a voice until then as far as im concerned you dont. Period. Now i know this comment is going to upset people but to be honest thats just tough its my opinion and im entitled to say my piece.

And here is why.

Pwi/Pwe have a long history of making an *** of the community. Some you you newer players may not be aware of this. Glitches and shortcuts have been used and abused by many over the years. And to says it's ok to take advantage of these glitches bugs mistakes is just as wrong!

And with the new update comming in the new year those people are still profiting from what they have done on the past for me these are the main issues that have passed us by:

Goonz
    Perfect Chest
    MOG
    11*/12* Orb Sale
    Botting
    DreamChaser Packs

I'm not saying i approve of these cheats indeed i lothe them to be honest. As i have had the oppertunity in the past to cheat the game aswell. But i'm a honest player in terms of all that i have, i have through hard work and cashing.

All of these glitches were well known by the staff (at the time) that run the game, indeed many still work for the company. And as usual, they dragged their feet and allowed these glitches to continue far longer than was neccessary.

So in my mind you are encouraged to cheat the game. When you can. Now this may/or may not be the intention of the staff at the company. But you really have to look at the bigger picture here and ask youself the question. Could this be true?

If your going to roll back for this glitch, your opening pandora's box. Because then you will have players ask. Well why not roll back for the glitches that i've listed above? And thats a ligimate question to ask.

If we roll back, accross the server's. This will upset a far larger percentage of the player base. And indeed in my opinion. Kill the game.

Pwi/Pwe have an oppertunity here once and for all to correct this right? They can either roll back. Which for some would be the right thing to do. In terms of the players.

Or, far more likely. Put Dragon Orb packs on sale and make a ton of money for those that want to +11/12 their gear. To keep the owners in China happy. Got you thinking now huh?

Quality Control has never been the strong suit in this game and there are always issue's that are long standing and well known. And as always with new content things are shoddy and poorly implemented. So they have noone to blame but themselves.

Yes the Gm's intention was good. Indeeed i was blown away by what the GM's did. I can't remember anything that comes even close to this. In my time playing the game.

But to blame people for taking advantage of an oppertunity be it intentional or by accident. Due to a poorly thought out way of rewarding people. Is wrong.

The moment you start leveling a toon on this game you have a voice..who are you to decide who does and does not have a voice? Any amount of cash invested in this game whether it be $1.00 or $10.000.00 gives you an even stronger voice!...I agree with a lot you said but to say some of of us have no voice is just wrong!
  • C_I_A - Dreamweaver
    C_I_A - Dreamweaver Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Okay so... im gonna play devils advicate here. Now hear me out.

A lot of people on this thread are new to the game, have paid no rl money at all. And yet they feel like they speak for the entire player base.

Now when you have invested a deposit for a house on your main in my mind you have a voice until then as far as im concerned you dont. Period. Now i know this comment is going to upset people but to be honest thats just tough its my opinion and im entitled to say my piece.

And here is why.

Pwi/Pwe have a long history of making an *** of the community. Some you you newer players may not be aware of this. Glitches and shortcuts have been used and abused by many over the years. And to says it's ok to take advantage of these glitches bugs mistakes is just as wrong!

And with the new update comming in the new year those people are still profiting from what they have done on the past for me these are the main issues that have passed us by:

Goonz
    Perfect Chest
    MOG
    11*/12* Orb Sale
    Botting
    DreamChaser Packs

I'm not saying i approve of these cheats indeed i lothe them to be honest. As i have had the oppertunity in the past to cheat the game aswell. But i'm a honest player in terms of all that i have, i have through hard work and cashing.

All of these glitches were well known by the staff (at the time) that run the game, indeed many still work for the company. And as usual, they dragged their feet and allowed these glitches to continue far longer than was neccessary.

So in my mind you are encouraged to cheat the game. When you can. Now this may/or may not be the intention of the staff at the company. But you really have to look at the bigger picture here and ask youself the question. Could this be true?

If your going to roll back for this glitch, your opening pandora's box. Because then you will have players ask. Well why not roll back for the glitches that i've listed above? And thats a ligimate question to ask.

If we roll back, accross the server's. This will upset a far larger percentage of the player base. And indeed in my opinion. Kill the game.

Pwi/Pwe have an oppertunity here once and for all to correct this right? They can either roll back. Which for some would be the right thing to do. In terms of the players.

Or, far more likely. Put Dragon Orb packs on sale and make a ton of money for those that want to +11/12 their gear. To keep the owners in China happy. Got you thinking now huh?

Quality Control has never been the strong suit in this game and there are always issue's that are long standing and well known. And as always with new content things are shoddy and poorly implemented. So they have noone to blame but themselves.

Yes the Gm's intention was good. Indeeed i was blown away by what the GM's did. I can't remember anything that comes even close to this. In my time playing the game.

But to blame people for taking advantage of an oppertunity be it intentional or by accident. Due to a poorly thought out way of rewarding people. Is wrong.

The moment you start leveling a toon on this game you have a voice..who are you to decide who does and does not have a voice? Any amount of cash invested in this game whether it be $1.00 or $10.000.00 gives you an even stronger voice!...I agree with a lot you said but to say some of of us have no voice is just wrong!
  • Senel - Dreamweaver
    Senel - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    STOP GIVING US CODES AND MAIL US THESE ITEMS "IN GAME MAIL INSTEAD"

Nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Senel - Dreamweaver
    Senel - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Nuff said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epidote - Heavens Tear
    Epidote - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the general flow of this thread can be summed up as thus.

"Get us all a working code so we can get our stuff right now, or face the worst possible enemy you'll ever encounter. An upset gamer geek."

Thanks
  • Epidote - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    I think the general flow of this thread can be summed up as thus.

"Get us all a working code so we can get our stuff right now, or face the worst possible enemy you'll ever encounter. An upset gamer geek."

Thanks
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will the code be made available again so the ones of us who didnt get our orbs be finaly able to
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • SoniMax - Sanctuary
    SoniMax - Sanctuary Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Will the code be made available again so the ones of us who didnt get our orbs be finaly able to
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15081871001&dateline=1339865979[/SIGPIC]
    They see me trollin`
    They hatin`
    Patrolling they tryin` to catch me writin` dirty
    Tryin to catch me writin` dirty X4
    My music so loud
    I'm flamin`
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have played for 5 years and have spent money yet I got nothing and the people that abused it get to keep it.

yup but according to some your not aloud to be upset or feel left out
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have played for 5 years and have spent money yet I got nothing and the people that abused it get to keep it.

yup but according to some your not aloud to be upset or feel left out
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Same story here, cant say its smth new tho
  • themelc
    themelc Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Same story here, cant say its smth new tho
  • Zanzera - Lost City
    Zanzera - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013

f:meh same but this is what i've come to expect from pwi
  • Zanzera - Lost City
    Zanzera - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013

f:meh same but this is what i've come to expect from pwi
  • Epidote - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    You know what? I don't really care. I only log in during the holiday events anyway. so I'm not really missing much. I'm just gonna have to be done with this game.
  • Epidote - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2013
    You know what? I don't really care. I only log in during the holiday events anyway. so I'm not really missing much. I'm just gonna have to be done with this game.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What kind of abuse are we talking here? What is Far more? What makes a legitimate abuser?

If people got 6~12 orbs are in the safe zone, but if they got 30 they are bad?

Being a bit precise on the definitions might help quell the anger over this decision.

If this is implemented, i would have thought anyone with more than 3 orbs would get punished. The nature of punishment, well that depends on the gm's (I wouldn't hold my breath for a fair punishment).

In short it is 100% confirmed now, officially. In PWI please exploit what ever glitch you see.

Just to add to the list

"Goonz
    Perfect Chest
    MOG
    11*/12* Orb Sale
    Botting
    DreamChaser Packs"

Caster vana glitch
    Heroic chests
    LUAD debacle

My guess is their tools really arent all that precise. To be safe and not ban people who didnt abuse, they`ll play it safe and put some reasonable limit after which more orbs is most likely not acquired in legit manner. This will result in minor abusers getting away with it but gives them grounds to punish the ones who clearly abused with intention. Remember goons and how it was handled? My guess they want to make sure they dont have to go back on their intended punishments for abusers and get away with this mess w/o losing all credibility like happened with goons.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What kind of abuse are we talking here? What is Far more? What makes a legitimate abuser?

Being a bit precise on the definitions might help quell the anger over this decision.

If this is implemented, i would have thought anyone with more than 3 orbs would get punished. The nature of punishment, well that depends on the gm's (I wouldn't hold my breath for a fair punishment).

In short it is 100% confirmed now, officially. In PWI please exploit what ever glitch you see.

Just to add to the list

"Goonz
    Perfect Chest
    MOG
    11*/12* Orb Sale
    Botting
    DreamChaser Packs"

Caster vana glitch
    Heroic chests
    LUAD debacle

My guess is their tools really arent all that precise. To be safe and not ban people who didnt abuse, they`ll play it safe and put some reasonable limit after which more orbs is most likely not acquired in legit manner. This will result in minor abusers getting away with it but gives them grounds to punish the ones who clearly abused with intention. Remember goons and how it was handled? My guess they want to make sure they dont have to go back on their intended punishments for abusers and get away with this mess w/o losing all credibility like happened with goons.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • manuhsz
    manuhsz Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It was good while it lasted ... but as a friend said .. most players have won 3 million just in this game. What about those who took their part or not at all!! Anyway ... Thanks for everything, but I'll stop with my friend ... could not go it alone. Cyah PWI! While not ROLLBACK not match!

[2 players less playing ...] b:byeb:bye
  • manuhsz
    manuhsz Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It was good while it lasted ... but as a friend said .. most players have won 3 million just in this game. What about those who took their part or not at all!! Anyway ... Thanks for everything, but I'll stop with my friend ... could not go it alone. Cyah PWI! While not ROLLBACK not match!

[2 players less playing ...] b:byeb:bye
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Nuff said

and to which character? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Nuff said

and to which character? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SeaGinger - Archosaur
    SeaGinger - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please don't do another rollback, i still haven't recovered half the things i lost from the first one and with another one i would lose even more like the g16 bow i got after months of fw runs with no luck and tons of tt matts.

i havent put a dolar in game for almost a year, ive farmed almost everything i own on my main and alts so i dont care if the whole server is +10 or even +12 for free, just dont take what i worked so hard to get b:cry
  • SeaGinger - Archosaur
    SeaGinger - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please don't do another rollback, i still haven't recovered half the things i lost from the first one and with another one i would lose even more like the g16 bow i got after months of fw runs with no luck and tons of tt matts.

i havent put a dolar in game for almost a year, ive farmed almost everything i own on my main and alts so i dont care if the whole server is +10 or even +12 for free, just dont take what i worked so hard to get b:cry
  • ForTheDQ - Archosaur
    ForTheDQ - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They've already lost all credibility.

The ONLY punishment they did right was with the dupe glitch
    ForTheDQ - An honest name as to why I created this toon, For Holding DQ items.... now that DQ is dieing, I think I'll raise it using the supposidly superior quest system.... but thanks to the rollback, I'm not sure I can.... the Level you see was prior to the rollback.
  • XeroFlareXL - Harshlands
    XeroFlareXL - Harshlands Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    maybe the game will get better till then ill go back to playing GTA online cyas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is not clever and just makes things harder on the mods.
  • ForTheDQ - Archosaur
    ForTheDQ - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You reminded me of the Nickleback song: If everyone cared
    ForTheDQ - An honest name as to why I created this toon, For Holding DQ items.... now that DQ is dieing, I think I'll raise it using the supposidly superior quest system.... but thanks to the rollback, I'm not sure I can.... the Level you see was prior to the rollback.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013

They're aware people may have gained more than 3 unintentionally due to system lag.

They also, I'd assume judging from that response, know where the max for that would be that someone not actively attempting to abuse the system would get.

So those below that maximum are likely safe while those above it are not. Naturally, telling people this maximum would be a bad idea since then we'd get "smart" cheaters in the future who would abuse that knowledge. Assuming, of course, that the page isn't fixed by the time that such a thing would become an issue.
    He said they'd be punished. Let's see if an actual punishment and not a 3-day slap on the wrist before we get up in arms about that.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • speciale001
    speciale001 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    True.... I hate this situation, I got nothing 'cause I was arrived at home when the code was disabled, what about us PWI? what about ppl trying to get items with the right way????? This is not a perfect world .....
This discussion has been closed.