Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• __Penot__ - Harshlands
    __Penot__ - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How long do you keep the entire game in limbo while you consider what you will do. Please consider that peopel have quit farming for fear if there is a roll back they will lose what they have farmed. They have quit refining gear for fear the will lose refines. They have quit leveling for fear they will revert to previous levels. Please GM's do something to aliviate the fears people have an fix situation post haste.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well this will be interesting. What qualifies as punishment? Perma-bans? Orb Removal?

Probably a 3 day ban like the goon glitch, where as .ini before they made it legal was like....a perm-ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Tiare - Lost City
    Tiare - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    is the code working again ?

no, for me and some others it says "code expired"
    b:bye
  • Myisho - Dreamweaver
    Myisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so the people who got nothing get screwed over great job pwi
  • murderboy22
    murderboy22 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so they will get banned for 1-2-4 weeks and saved 1-2000 dolars ...and then they will come back ...

desperate time requires deperate measures ...and dramatic also

pema ban ftw !
  • ryeckoe
    ryeckoe Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    is the code working again ?
    nope not for me
    2r468uf.png
  • Minrothad_ii - Sanctuary
    Minrothad_ii - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The OP has been updated with the following:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs than intended unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

What about those on non-arch servers that didn't get to use the "everyone" code at all? "Accidental" abusers get 20 orbs, honest users got 3, arch server players get yet ANOTHER reward, and the rest of us get nothing?

You've got to be kidding. 70% of the players want a rollback. You decide against that. Of course. Fine. But this is the best alternative you can come up with?

You need to hire me to run the damn thing, because clearly no one there can make a legit decision to save their lives (or more likely, their livelihood).

What a bunch of
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So after the punishment...let me guess, they get to keep the free stuff?
  • fieptoutje
    fieptoutje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I will recommend perma ban...this level of an issue needs to be stopped completely. All the people that did this need to be removed from the server unless u can un refine their gear back to what it was before their code abuse they dont deserve to be allowed to play anymore and ruin the game for others.

As from which it's very clear: PWI REALLY listens to what their players want ... Just look at the number of % of players asking for a roll-back, even the ones that DID get orbs ....

Thank you PWI .. You really know how to keep your customers happy
  • BootyfuuclL - Lost City
    BootyfuuclL - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about people who haven't used it at all? Don't you think it's unfair and VERY biased?
    So as of now, the chain of advantage is:

1) Abusers (Most advantage, 'eventually' they will get some bull**** punishment)
    2) Accidental-Abusers (Good luck mind reading them, as bad as Absuers)
    3) Non Abusers (Ones who were lucky enough to be able to use the code before it expired)
    4) Others (Didn't abuse, honest players, didn't get anything at all)

This is the most pathetic and unprofessional issue resolution I have ever seen.
  • GiveMeLove - Dreamweaver
    GiveMeLove - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I propose that the abusers should be captured, striped down in the local square market and taken down with rocks so they wont return with +12 gears.b:thanks
  • sashka300991
    sashka300991 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    TY PWIb:kissb:kissb:kissb:kiss
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    very smart PWI

u will ban 70% of pwi for 2-3 days and let them be refined +10/+11 and even some +12

such a punishment
  • BATTLEGOD - Dreamweaver
    BATTLEGOD - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    YES..it all went wrong and an uneven distribution... so whats for them who didnt even got a 10*????????? b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    - We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs than intended unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.
    That's exactly what you said about the goon glitch abusers.

Now waiting for next message saying you could not identify the abusers and are giving up on punishing them.

And what about those who never got any orbs?

Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I propose that the abusers should be captured, striped down in the local square market and taken down with rocks so they wont return with +12 gears.b:thanks

b:laugh
  • fieptoutje
    fieptoutje Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The OP has been updated with the following:

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

As from which it's very clear: PWI REALLY listens to what their players want ... Just look at the number of % of players asking for a roll-back, even the ones that DID get orbs ....

Thank you PWI .. You really know how to keep your customers happy
  • KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear
    KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Probably the best middle of the road solution they could of came up with. Abusers get punished (hopefully), Unfornuatley those that where not awake or present for the code get left out in the cold. I guess PWI is going by the risk/ reward managment style. Not worth the risk doing another code give away to multi servers. Sorry for those that got left out in the cold.
  • ghdfghdfgh
    ghdfghdfgh Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So legit players who followed the rules get NOTHING again just like after the goon glitch?

Or are you going to make the code work?

I am out of here...seriously...and I shall tell all my gaming friends to avoid your games. Absolutely amazing level of fail.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What about those on non-arch servers that didn't get to use the "everyone" code at all? "Accidental" abusers get 20 orbs, honest users got 3, arch server players get yet ANOTHER reward, and the rest of us get nothing?
    some honest users got 3-10 orbs cause of the lag ;o ijs and thats just 1 single click too
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • magmabeast
    magmabeast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wow they are taking the lazy way out again even though 70% wanted a rollback...
    3 day ban for +10 gear id would have loved that but didnt even get one...
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    UPDATE:
    - We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

This is unacceptable. Given the fact that the "glitch" was simply abusing server lag, mostly via handheld devices such as smartphones and ipads, an "accident" and an abuse will be identical.

No one need be PUNISHED. What needs to be done is have the orbs REMOVED and the refines REMOVED whether the "abuse" was INTENTIONAL OR NOT.

You are essentially saying that a portion of folks who got 30-50+ orbs will get to keep them, while another portion will suffer unspecified punishment. The rest of us, who only got 3, or 0 orbs, will be out of luck.

This. Is. Unacceptable.
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so disappointed in how this was handled and solved

... gz to all scamers and newly full +10 people
  • dapunisher2010
    dapunisher2010 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

The first code u guys sended by email just gived me 1 orb, i sended a ticket and the response was a massive code, redeem page was colapsed so i couldnt pget the reward, now the code expired.

Result: u rolled back the server, as compensation i got just 1 orb.

Will u fix that too?

And as this case, im working on my wifes account, she never got any kind of code for mail.

im very disapointed... i couldnt make my reward and some ppl have like 20-30 orbs atm.
  • Tuscket - Raging Tide
    Tuscket - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You did not mention if those of us who were not able to get on the web page to redeem code. What about us? Are you going to send us a code via e-mail? b:surrender
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let me sum up the update.

a. Whoever didn't get any Ocean Orbs won't get jack.
    b. Due to the fact that you failed to make the code one-time redeemable, whoever clicked it twice gets "punished". Nice going.

Downloading gee doubleyew two, cya.

That's not what he said. lol. They don't mean to punish anyone that clicked twice by accident.. they'll be going after the people that clicked it multiple times in a row, deliberately abusing the glitch.
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I call bull. I was able to log on for only a few hours, and there were more then a few dozen on dreamweaver alone. Meanwhile they disabled the code as I logged on, so I got nothing. I would of least liked to be able to redeem one code.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for giving us an answer.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • bonersez
    bonersez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    More BS from our lords and overseers.

Scam long and prosper!
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well this will be interesting. What qualifies as punishment? Perma-bans? Orb Removal?
    one week ban as is usual for this poorly managed joke of a game.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
This discussion has been closed.