Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• MacTM - Raging Tide
    MacTM - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    there will be du no r10 or r9t4 but there will be weapons with +75 att lvl.
    U can do that at third forge in north archo...saw that in some youtube video on china servers.
    So...+10 or +12 wont worth chit .
    think that will bring new update.
    And yes till that happen game is ruined
  • blueshifty
    blueshifty Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

can you investigate after it expires and not during??!!
    I'd like to get free stuff too b:lipcurl
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    vitoryxxxx wrote: »
    Who said i do? I play for 2+ yrs and it's 1st time i am in forums

Then what was the whole purpose of ''Said by a person with 215 posts'' you made it seem like I should have over 1000 posts so I can say stuff like I said earlier.
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ok news r out..no rollback..but can i pls get a code to redeem my stuff?
  • Cleopatra_ - Raging Tide
    Cleopatra_ - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I wish to Thank PWI for trying to be sweet to us on RadgingTides and Dreemweaver.
    And I would like to say it was diffacult to get to forum yesterday and by the time I got here the code was disabled 1 hr before I got here, still I Thankyou for trying.

Cleopatra_
    and HartofRuby
    and Star_Gazzer,
    Daliaxx,BeautyB
  • KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear
    KorruptSoul - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Epic thread, unfortunatley i had to request some vacation time at work inorder to read it allb:chuckle Rollback or no Rollback all i can say is i just became a free to play player no matter the outcome. Not worth investing / splurging any more cash into this game.
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The OP has been updated with the following:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs than intended unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.
  • BootyfuuclL - Lost City
    BootyfuuclL - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    blueshifty wrote: »
    can You Investigate After It Expires And Not During??!!
    I'd Like To Get Free Stuff Too B:lipcurl
    Bump!!!
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Let me sum up the update.

a. Whoever didn't get any Ocean Orbs won't get jack.
    b. Due to the fact that you failed to make the code one-time redeemable, whoever clicked it twice gets "punished". Nice going.

Downloading gee doubleyew two, cya.
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs than intended unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

So in the end the people with 0-3 orbs is screwed up, like me. Just great...

Few dozens? People kept refreshing, resending code even after they already had their 3 orbs...
  • szgdfsrghfdhfgh
    szgdfsrghfdhfgh Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just look at this huge tw/nw impact done by this. Rollback pls.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

6JMMAAB

-PW Team

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

I will recommend perma ban...this level of an issue needs to be stopped completely. All the people that did this need to be removed from the server unless u can un refine their gear back to what it was before their code abuse they dont deserve to be allowed to play anymore and ruin the game for others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    thats the worst possible solution. probably just the easiest for you.
    what about all the users that were not even awake during the short period of "reward"?
    what about those that still have a couple of orbs? srsly..it was YOUR fault.
    YOU did not set up proper hard and software for this.

where was the punishment for ppl with full r9 gear just from NPCing dreamchaser packs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • tekkamantnt
    tekkamantnt Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    can you let us know if you are going to activate the codes again? I didn't get a chance to redeem mines before they were pulled b:sad
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Will there be new code? So that we, who got NOTHING AT ALL, can at least get something?
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well this will be interesting. What qualifies as punishment? Perma-bans? Orb Removal?

Personally I think permabans are too harsh, especially since this is mostly the fault of PWI. Without the obnoxious red spam, no one would have noticed; a lot of people took advantage of this to some degree, and honestly, I don't blame them.

I'll admit that I did for fun because I figured there was no way in hell they would not rollback (I didn't even have anything to use them on!), but now that it seems the devs are taking the laziest route, probably due to the laughably long time it took for them to actually respond to the issue, I expect to see a lot of people suddenly lose years of grinding over a stupid webcoding mistake that was essentially danged in front of everyones faces with a big red sign reading "go here for free shinies".
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok but are we going to get another code for the orbs?
    Some players including me were not evdn able to get 1 code
    105/105/103

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/Hunkary - PWI Videos!

TW, NW, PvE and PvP videos :D
  • Xanobeast - Raging Tide
    Xanobeast - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What about the people who got nothing? Do we have to send in a ticket or is there going to be a code we can use?
  • /Psychopath/ - Sanctuary
    /Psychopath/ - Sanctuary Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

YEA so just what we wanted ... the people who got nothing will still get nothing ? COOL remediation ? b:victory
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
  • captainr
    captainr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    great so the people who couldnt even get 1 because of lag are screwed?
    now im so underpowered fo tw nw i have no reason to play any more congrats
    the lack of grammar only show the unintelligent, that the poster them-self is unintelligent. :) You are able to spell very well, good for you b:pleased
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Is this going to be a repeat of the goon glitch where the offenders get a 3 day ban?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks for taking the best decision that I found to be fairest all along, GMs =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    - We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.
    YAY! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

6JMMAAB

-PW Team

UPDATE:

UPDATE:

is the code working again ?
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A 3-day ban for code abusers. Yep. Nothing new. Nothing unexpected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • GiveMeLove - Dreamweaver
    GiveMeLove - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sooooo the ones who didnt get a single orb its like .. maybe next time ?
  • metalmana
    metalmana Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    hello Perfect World Citizens!

We've Finalized Our Compensation Efforts For The Past Month Of Various Issues That Have Affected Many Of You This Holiday Season.

-redeem The Following Code To any Character On Any Server For A Collection Of Goodies including Bound Dragon Orbs! The Code Is Redeemable Once Per Account.

6jmmaab

code ends On Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 Pm Pst

We Thank All Of You Who Have Stayed With Us During These Turbulent Times, And Please Continue Being Awesome!

-pw Team

update:
    We've Disabled The Code While We Investigate The Situation Of Code Abuse.

update:
    Here Is What I Was Able To Get:

- We Will Not Be Rolling Back The Servers.

- A Highly Focused And Targeted Archosaur-specific Compensation Effort Will Be Enacted.

- We Will Be punishing Legitimate Abusers Of The Compensation Code Who Received far More Than Is Possible From Redemption Page Lag. We Will Be Doing So In A Detailed, Focused Manner Which Will Make Progress On Punishments Slower But More Precise. So Do Not Worry If You Are One Who Got More Orbs Unintentionally. We Do Not Want To Penalize Those Who Did Not Intend Abuse Of The System.

Regarding The Level Of Abuse, From The Data In Front Of Us, It Was Not Quite As Widespread As Many Believe. It Was Mostly A Few Dozen Or So Who Abused The Code From Means Other Than Lag/timeouts. The Perception Of It Being Widespread Is Due To The Unintentional In-game Message Spam Distorting The Situation, And Nonfactual Boasts In The Forums Or Worldchat.

This Is The Reason Why There Will Not Be A Rollback.

What Kind Of Punishment ?? Banned For 1 Or 2 Week Then The ******fvcking
    Abuser Come Back With All His Gears And Wep +10 ?????????????????????
  • akina85
    akina85 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Good.
    I would like to know if those of us that got nothing, or only got the code to work once for one account will get to have another go with a safe code?
    Not that it matters a lot.

Thank you.
  • Kristopher - Dreamweaver
    Kristopher - Dreamweaver Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

I'm glad the abusers are going to be dealt
    with but what about those who got nothing??? Will they be given the 3 Orb pack that was generously given??
This discussion has been closed.