Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Options

Comments

• aegonvi87
    aegonvi87 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    fail pwe..just fail
  • montoyaaa
    montoyaaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Only thingthat bothers me is that soo many people got so much, +10ing everything, while I cant even +10 my weapon because it is lunar made.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    If you didn't have enough mailbox space, you likely didn't receive every reward.

sadly enough, I think the code had issues cus I received 1 +10 d orb and nothing more.. considering I never let my mailbox get more then half full, I had more then enough space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They were talking about punishment, not clearly saying anything about 1-week ban ... And im pretty sure since it is very bad for their sales they will try the best to get back those orbs or, for example, make all their equipment loose all its refines...

After all, i dont really see a reason to punish them at all but this solution is way better than a rollback, so thank you for not letting us wait :)
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    vitoryxxxx wrote: »
    are you gm's mods or whatever going to solve these issues now? not that after a week game will be a fail or anything ijs

Mods have no power ingame. I'm a regular player who volunteers to take time out of my day I could be spending playing or doing something else to help look after the forums.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Aedryel - Sanctuary
    Aedryel - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Got zero, i mean a FAT zero and it doesnt rly comfort me a FEW abusers from the countless gets banned for 3 days. Great job PWI.
    APS = Absolute Poorly Skilled
  • Barbique - Lost City
    Barbique - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    - We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag.

To easy answer like this. Its like we cant nothing change. Ppl will forget incident, and then they can do nothing. Who got orbs are lucky, thats all. So cheapest gm work. Yeah I guess will be ban like few days and they keep 100+ orbs and event gold, funny, after this answer now i can leave pwi, i was waiting gm answer.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I agree, at least make the code active for those that couldn't redeem, that is truly unfair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • lichtfuerst
    lichtfuerst Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    its nice to hear there will be punishments, but i'll stay sceptic until i see those punishments
    now while we are at it, what happens to those, who couldnt get those gifts?
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i'm not gonna hope for a severe punishment for cashoppers.

another thing how are you gonna be able to tell who got orbs by spamming the page like mad caus they found out about the glitch or those who got too many orbs by accident
    just randomly trow in some bans? even if these bans r for a short period they will still come back to the game with 30+ dragon orbs

@ Knownase , they should just make a unique code that is rendeemable once and sent it ingame/email
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This thread is moving far to fast for people to even consider reading lol. By the time I post this, there will be 5 posts below it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Greds - Lost City
    Greds - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i want orbs to .... its kinda *** next time PWI if you wanna **** me buy me cigarets why cuz i like to somooke after im ****ed b:thanks
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Final Compensation for few not for everyone.NOT FAIR ! b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So your going to ban them, correct?
    No, they said "punishing".

Knowing PWE, the punishment will be a warning to not do it again.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • UberStyk - Lost City
    UberStyk - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    most people that farmed in game or paid with gold for orbs just took it rite up the butt by the ones that just farmed the redeem page
  • motoor
    motoor Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Are u that fking naive to think they will actualy do anything..they dont fking care..they will give meybe to few ppl 1 week ban..but refine will still be there..
  • deathconsumer92
    deathconsumer92 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Gm Activated Code For Those Who Did Not Get One Please
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    NICE WORK PWI FOR GIVING FREE +10/ +11 refines

ppl who abuse the code will enjoy it now
    Since u not gonna do anything
    just like about the goonzglich
    dreamchaser
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:
    Here is what I was able to get:

- We will not be rolling back the servers.

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

This is the reason why there will not be a rollback.

Seems fair enough for me. If there's some you don't catch, it's just a new challenge for me to figure out. No worries, it wouldn't be a fun game if it was always easy. :)

Sorry you guys have to deal with all this. Best of luck and all that.
  • pandydora
    pandydora Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I hope you mean perma ban....... Can you explain more please? I loved this game so much.... always took pleasure in playing it, enjoyed doing my own thing and yes I was still doing little odd quests here and there.....now...after this chaos, my heart isn't in it anymore. Please tell us you will truly punish the cheaters.b:sad
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I say perma ban and give anyone left enough orbs to +10 all gear to even out the server status.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FrogJuice - Dreamweaver
    FrogJuice - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just like to have same reward as everyone who did get it, website so back logged couldnt even submit for 1 rewardb:cry
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    UPDATE:

- A highly focused and targeted Archosaur-specific compensation effort will be enacted.

- We will be punishing legitimate abusers of the compensation code who received far more than is possible from redemption page lag. We will be doing so in a detailed, focused manner which will make progress on punishments slower but more precise. So do not worry if you are one who got more orbs unintentionally. We do not want to penalize those who did not intend abuse of the system.

Regarding the level of abuse, from the data in front of us, it was not quite as widespread as many believe. It was mostly a few dozen or so who abused the code from means other than lag/timeouts. The perception of it being widespread is due to the unintentional in-game message spam distorting the situation, and nonfactual boasts in the forums or worldchat.

I'm sorry, but this? This is an absolute joke. I realize that people on these forums can often sound rather hysterical and dramatic, constantly talking about how the game is dying and every decision made by every GM ever is the worst thing ever, so perhaps it'll be a bit difficult for me to be taken seriously when I say this, but this solution is absolutely worthless and pathetic.

What are you teaching your own community? You're teaching them to exploit the ever-living HELL out of any and all glitches they find. Dragon EXP glitch happened, how were people punished? A three-day ban in exchange for hitting 105 and all the benefits that come with it; this is on par with someone stealing $1000 and being fined $25.

And now this? I can't help but feel like you guys want to blatantly ignore what happened. I know damned well what I saw, I know damned well just how many people profited from this. In my guild there's a guy who +11'ed two items, in my alt guild there's not one but TWO people who went from +0 to +10 for their ENTIRE SET. Add to that another dozen or two names that I recognized and saw repeatedly in world chat over the course of two hours (off and on, not repeatedly, implying they knew damned well what they were doing), and yeah, I have a difficult time believing this "wasn't that many."

Add onto this the fact that many people BEGAN experimenting with the code page after seeing others receive so much, knowing FULL WELL that PWI has provided weaksauce punishments in the past and that this was likely a situation of "I better do this or I'll get left behind." I can name an abuser right now who only did it out of PURE curiousity and a confident belief that PWI would roll back so there was no harm done by experimenting til he got it to work, but this guy looks to be lined up for "punishment." Alongside that, another handful of people I was personally chatting with on Teamspeaks and vents who received the reward multiple times and simply stated they had no idea what they did.

What you're doing is breeding a culture in your game where people are actively ENCOURAGED to exploit the snot out of every damned system glitch they could possibly find. No amount of punishments you could possibly dish out can make up for players being full +10 or getting pieces to +11. This is an absolute ****ing joke of a response, and for once I can actually say that yes, this is the kind of stuff that can kill a community. (though mind you no, I'm not so blindly dramatic that I'm claiming "OMG GAME IS DEAD NOW!!" No, I mean this stuff kills over time. ) You're teaching the community that they can't depend on you, can't rely on you, and you won't do anything worthwhile in the event that a serious glitch or mistake occurs. Just like any player chooses a guild with good leadership or an investor chooses a company with a smart CEO, players choose a game with good management. And this? Letting this happen and saying "it's k, we'll punish them....SOMEHOW *vagueness vagueness*" THIS is NOT good management. It's blatantly obvious at this point that your team desperately needs a new CM and possibly new management, but for whatever reason it seems it's not coming or the current management (China?) is just completely apathetic to it all...
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So long as those who abuse it get slapped for it, satisfactory...

What will be done for people who have not yet been able to take advantage of the code? Such as the bulk of the Euro players who only logged after the code was disabled?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I agree, at least make the code active for those that couldn't redeem, that is truly unfair.

They sent me an email with a code to redeem, i opened it, went to redeem it, and found out they expired it -,-

Ticket sent in AGAIN ofc
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so i guess we will get 1 shot today... and i wont get my tokens today/sunday like i ussually do
    that power leveled nab is going to spam kill me today :/
    where is the justice!!!
    b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Farland_ - Harshlands
    Farland_ - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

UPDATE:

So does this means that people that didn't got to redeem wont get anything...?foxy alone
  • MacTM - Raging Tide
    MacTM - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    f:poof:poof:poob:fatb
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If it's anything like the "Goon Glitch" incident...The abusers get 3 day ban and then come back with all the **** b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And those who panicked when the site was slow and were afraid the heavy traffic would take it down completely and so kept clicking submit, hoping to at least get something before the site went down, what about them? This is the worst solution possible. Really, who made that decision?
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.