[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options
przfighter
przfighter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2013 in General Discussion
Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

Update:
Hey everyone,

The rollback that occurred was chosen because it would ensure everyone would still have access to their characters on Archosaur.

2x EXP/SP/Drops was the only immediate compensation possible at the time, but I will be speaking with the managers on what our options are for further compensation. Whether that means a restoration of items, coins, etc lost over the past few days (Nov 9th-12th) is actually possible, I do not know.

I will keep you all updated as soon as I can.

Update:
Currently, we are working on getting everyone's lost ZEN transferred back to their in-game account. Those that charged ZEN into Archosaur during 11/9 @ 10:02AM PST - 11/13 @ 6:30AM will also receive their ZEN promotion rewards as well.

We are still looking into how to recover more from this rollback.
Updates will be coming.

Update:
ZEN Update:

All ZEN transfers into Archosaur that took place during the rollback time (11/9 - 11/13) should now have been properly restored. The gold should be listed in your account when you log in (push the O key).

If you log on and do not see the proper in-game gold in your account, please put in a support ticket so we can properly address your issue.

There has been some headway concerning options for further recovery, as well as compensation, and I will be providing an update on that tomorrow morning.

MAJOR UPDATE
As part of our on-going compensation efforts, we'll be giving out 5x Hyper EXP Stones to players who redeem the following coupon code:

3HTYJKE

It can be used only once per account, but for ANY server.

We are still looking into further ways to compensate for the rollbacks and various networking issues experienced recently, so expect more updates to come!

MAJOR UPDATE

We've continued brainstorming compensation available for the Archosaur server and have come up with more options:

- 2x chance for coin drops on all servers (never done before) and 2x EXP/Spirit/Drops
- 5x EXP (Archosaur specific)

Those on Archosaur will be receiving an email soon detailing more of our compensation efforts.
The Exp,Spirit,Drops, and Coin modifiers will be taking effect post maintenance this Tuesday night.

We're still coming up with more ways of compensation and will be updating this thread as new information comes about.

-DoD

Update:
The Archosaur compensation codes were sent to:

- Accounts that are subscribed to PWE emails.
(We are not allowed to email unsubscribed accounts)

- Accounts that logged in to Archosaur during the rollback period. (11/9 - 11/13)

If you logged onto Archosaur during the rollback, and are unsubscribed to PWE emails, you may put in a support ticket.

These efforts are not directed towards those who did not log into Archosaur during the rollback period.

Also, the code can be redeemed for any character on any server, provided you meet the above criteria.

As for the dragon orb issue:

We are sending out emails with additional codes to those that are on the PWE email subscription and have logged into Archosaur during the rollback period. In the email will be 2 codes. Each one will give you a Dragon Orb.

I hope these details help clarify any misconceptions on this compensation effort.
Post edited by przfighter on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Holy cow an actual rollback having to occur.

I remember how after the Duke Rose fiasco people were begging for a rollback and instead things were manually removed and dealt with, so I shudder to think of how bad whatever you guys found must have been to make a rollback actually happen. b:shocked
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • kikkor
    kikkor Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So does it mean everything we got from nov 10 will be gone?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hey, New (to us) GM =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you have got to be kidding me.....
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    kikkor wrote: »
    So does it mean everything we got from nov 10 will be gone?

Yep. Everything from November 9th at 10:01 AM til now goes poof. And if you traded something then it will be back in your inventory since that's how rollbacks work.

... Unfortunately, this also likely means you'll be missing attendance days due to the rollback. So no reward this month for those who can't get the make-up sheet.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    dude go rot in hell!! Mind telling us the "issues" which were there in archo server ? and how that a simple restart ended up in a roll back ? lets just say, you incompetent people just did something wrong "by mistake"
  • blueelephant69
    blueelephant69 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    what does that exactly mean? we LOSE EVERYTHING we have gained during that time? items exp lvl's etc?
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    przfighter wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

i see the red name, i see everything but who are you ?
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    Metalogue - Archosaur Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Are you serious? The skillbooks I've purchased, sundays NW tokens, the buys/sells I've managed, BH's...????? Morai dailies? Meridian?
  • xoinix
    xoinix Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Does this mean we also loose gear? I just got my g16 before server shut down b:surrender
  • Funtom - Archosaur
    Funtom - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Seriously!! These last few days had been awesome to me and now it's rolled back to November 9th?! b:angry
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    just curious, during this roll back, do people get the Zen they charged during these days ? eh ? if not then more rage inc.
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ohhh man that means my barb wont be level 98??? the coins i saved is gone too??? what about the saved dreamchaser pack i had to open...will it be there???
  • Ruechen - Archosaur
    Ruechen - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Does this include Gold and boutique purchases ?
    and oh my means my GST total dropped then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] yeѕ, ι нαve тwo мodeѕ..ι ғeαr ɴoтнιɴɢ υɴleѕѕ ι'м ѕтυcĸ вeнιɴd α вαrв wιтн eхceѕѕιve ɢαѕ
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello everyone,

We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

What about TW wins/losses? This is absolutely asinine.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok, do you people not know what a rollback is or something?

It means everything on the server and toons will be the exact same as it was on the stated date. Everything that happened after it is gone. if you bought anything after the states time, you won't have it.

If you got an awesome pack item like a scroll of tome a day after the stated date, it's gone.
    What about TW wins/losses? This is absolutely asinine.

Yes it means that all TW's from that weekend are moot and never happened.
    Soon™
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    well met, these people wont listen till you shake them from the roots, too much at stake, TW wins, NW tokens, everything, business, merchants every freaking thing is at stake here, and the only thing they WONT roll back is zen charged... wat an "insert the best abuse"
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    please dont do this to us... i had some coins saved to craft my level 99 bracers... i had to suffer to sell my raps... please dont do this to me b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • jusharen
    jusharen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so if the server going roll back what happen if we load up for zen?
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok, do you people not know what a rollback is or something?

It means everything on the server and toons will be the exact same as it was on the stated date. Everything that happened after it is gone. if you bought anything after the states time, you won't have it.

If you got an awesome pack item like a scroll of tome a day after the stated date, it's gone.

Yes it means that all TW's from that weekend are moot and never happened.

we know what it means.. and based on that we are discussing it.
  • Metalogue - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Wow. You could've at least given us the 5 continuous days logged in for meridian.
  • styfiler
    styfiler Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Damn, i lost 50m and a lot of exp b:surrender b:angry
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    just curious, during this roll back, do people get the Zen they charged during these days ? eh ? if not then more rage inc.
    Does this include Gold and boutique purchases ?
    and oh my means my GST total dropped then

See:
    Surtr wrote: »
    We will be compensating those of you who made purchases during that time in the coming days.

The purchases themselves will be reverted, however compensation is going to arrive.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Wow. You could've at least given us the 5 continuous days logged in for meridian.

if it were a forum where mods werent there i cud have explained the situation a LOT better... but these people dont give, they just know how to take...

oh wait they giving 2x ? LOLOLOLLOLOL
  • Scarlette_xX - Archosaur
    Scarlette_xX - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Hello everyone,

what the hell I want my damn coins back now and everything I worked hard on for the last few days this is bull ****
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    See:

The purchases themselves will be reverted, however compensation is going to arrive.

Quoted and Marked.

Questions:-

When ?
    What ?
  • ArrowArtemis - Archosaur
    ArrowArtemis - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    2x EXP wont give me back my 15% exp and hours and hours i spent already leveling..there is going to be so many tickets and so much to replace..it will be months before anyone sees thier gold or items!! THIS IS BEYOND INSANE
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Quoted and Marked.

Questions:-

When ?
    What ?

They will have to compensate ever single thing on the server, so that's gonna take a while, how, when and what is something only they can tell, if they are going to inform you guys about that is also up to them. They only said there will be compensation.
    Soon™
  • styfiler
    styfiler Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Theres a lot of player who loose exp/coins and cant farm with 2x --'