All East Coast Servers: Server Network Error

Options

Comments

• Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Here's how it actually works....

PWE basically rents the game from Wanmei.
    PWE own the hardware, but they can't touch the server/client files.
    When there's maintenance, Wanmei takes control of PWE's servers and sends the data from China.
    Hell, the guys at PWE don't even know any patch information other than what Wanmei tells them to post in the patch notes.

Now, with a situation like this one, the issue is on the East Coast servers. It's probably something stupid simple like a Tomcat error, or a database that's not loading properly.

Even though the servers are on the East Coast, they are managed by the PWE dev's who reside on the West coast. As I type this, it is merely 7:15am there, and they should be arriving to work in about an hour.

Once they realise there is an issue, (which would be from a flood of support tickets, not from people spamming the forums), they will investigate and see what needs to be done.

If it's as simple as restarting some services or a couple of blades, there will be an emergency maintenance.
    If it's something wrong with the coding of the server, they will have to contact Wanmei and wait for them to repair it.

Basically, don't hold your breath.

Bro this doesnt answer WHY RESTART servers "only" when ppl whinning since a week there is issues with factions and logging .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If they're using MySQL for the database (which is the issue, not the servers themselves allegedly), then I suggest running them more coffee than "......-ing" them.

Can anyone actually confirm whether the servers are hosted in USA or China? Some people say Wanmei hosts them and perform's maintenance and others say they're at PWE HQ O.O
    Actually, it's a combination of things databases.
    You've got your very basic account/character information in an SQL database.
    Then there's your detailed character information with inventory, skills, quests, attributes, ect. that's stored in an xml data sheet.
    Then you have a proprietary Berkly database for the uniquenames, faction data, and another one I can't recall the purpose of off the top of my head.

Take all of that together, and maybe you can understand why we can't simply merge servers, or have the cross-server nation wars because some servers share databases while others don't.

Plus, there's this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aliandrexx
    aliandrexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    lool this is crazy sever still down , free 5mil cards for everyone f:money f:moneyf:money
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

When there's maintenance, Wanmei takes control of PWE's servers and sends the data from China.
    Hell, the guys at PWE don't even know any patch information other than what Wanmei tells them to post in the patch notes.

Now, with a situation like this one, the issue is on the East Coast servers. It's probably something stupid simple like a Tomcat error, or a database that's not loading properly.

Even though the servers are on the East Coast, they are managed by the PWE dev's who reside on the West coast. As I type this, it is merely 7:15am there, and they should be arriving to work in about an hour.

Once they realise there is an issue, (which would be from a flood of support tickets, not from people spamming the forums), they will investigate and see what needs to be done.

If it's as simple as restarting some services or a couple of blades, there will be an emergency maintenance.
    If it's something wrong with the coding of the server, they will have to contact Wanmei and wait for them to repair it.

Source please.

Apparantly people have figured it out to be the authD or something like that. Somewhere in this thread

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1640381
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They should be coming on now, since time zones are harsh to anyone with a self centered mind. I believe the GMs start work at 7 their time, which is in California. Hopefully we see a response soon.

Patience is a virtue. Though I do believe they lack in letting the playerbase know what's going on.

Well, in another game I am playing: It didn't matter what time it was. If there was a problem with a server, some CM would let the players in forums know that they had acknowledged the problem, and that they were working on it. If some server was down, or having connections problems it was enough reason for an emergency maintenance. In that game there was one emergency maintenance almost every week, since it's a new game. Here the last emergency maintenance we had was to remove +11 and +12 orbs from boutiques because "they were causing instability on the server". So, I don't see why we should be patient.
  • SpectreBR - Dreamweaver
    SpectreBR - Dreamweaver Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    they should come at 2am, since they earn lots of money from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Biodegradable post, doesnt harm the environment, only users.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, in another game I am playing: It didn't matter what time it was. If there was a problem with a server, some CM would let the players in forums know that they had acknowledged the problem, and that they were working on it. If some server was down, or having connections problems it was enough reason for an emergency maintenance. In that game there was one emergency maintenance almost every week, since it's a new game. Here the last emergency maintenance we had was to remove +11 and +12 orbs from boutiques because "they were causing instability on the server". So, I don't see why we should be patient.

It's an explanation, by no means is that an excuse. Just sharing what I know, I agree that they should respond immediately.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • CivilioN - Raging Tide
    CivilioN - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This russian guy not able to converse in English and try to troll us, spit on him, lack of any education and no culture b:bye
    What u know about RUSSIAN global ppl ? Ur America have Culture?who kill pepole everyday in world for Black Gold as Oil! nuuu cool! here just troll u, use *RUSSIAN GUY* as words
    s...
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Here the last emergency maintenance we had was to remove +11 and +12 orbs from boutiques because "they were causing instability on the server".
    What they meant was instability in stock prices. That was a wild day for PWRD.
  • Wytche - Harshlands
    Wytche - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thar iz sum kynde ov shervor arrow win eye tie to lug ohn teh gayme...yn kase know won knoticed. IJS.
  • AndreW_x_X - Dreamweaver
    AndreW_x_X - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    okay am trying to log in and it say "Server Network Error " b:sad
    i hope someone can answer my question
    edited November 2013
    Options
    xvideos broke the server, we are waiting for someone that wake up early to fix it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lady_Arina - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Arina - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What u know about RUSSIAN global ppl ? Ur America have Culture?who kill pepole everyday in world for Black Gold as Oil! nuuu cool! here just troll u, use *RUSSIAN GUY* as words
    s...

А я русская, представь себе b:laugh Своим комментом ты просто показал свой уровень воспитания, мне тебя жалко.. Нет аргументов-ты переходишь на мат, все что ты можешь. На этом заканчиваю.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Source please.

Apparantly people have figured it out to be the authD or something like that. Somewhere in this thread

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1640381
    Yeah, that's most likely what it is. I was just giving the general process overall because this thread was a general QQ/Whine.

As for the source, it's me. I've learned this information from working closely with several GM's CM's and PWE developers over the years. I've played around on the PWE test servers, and on the PW-CN beta servers as well. I've even submitted code directly to the Developers at Wanmei that was eventually introduced. (Though why it would take them 5 months to change one or two lines of code, I will never figure out.)

I personally manage my own game servers, and develop new code and bugfixes for them. (As does PsyTrac, who was the first to mention that it's likely the authd service was down.)
    Which, if that is the case, then it's a simple restart.
    Though, simple should be used lightly. One "server" like RT is actually a large cluster of servers. Hell, they had to offload the boutique onto it's own server because it was making it take too long to teleport on loading because it's gotten so large.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wytche - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    hay thar ish a error os sumthnig i also gott.
  • Wytche - Harshlands
    edited November 2013
    Options
    guys did you notice there is a eror or sumthing?
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This russian guy not able to converse in English and try to troll us, spit on him, lack of any education and no culture b:bye

the american culture got wiped out long ago and the few survivors live in reservations today.

gg wp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Dude, no offence, but you need to learn how to read.

There's already 3 or 4 active topics on this page with multiple pages of responses.

Making this post just makes you look dim.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah, that's most likely what it is. I was just giving the general process overall because this thread was a general QQ/Whine.

As for the source, it's me. I've learned this information from working closely with several GM's CM's and PWE developers over the years. I've played around on the PWE test servers, and on the PW-CN beta servers as well. I've even submitted code directly to the Developers at Wanmei that was eventually introduced. (Though why it would take them 5 months to change one or two lines of code, I will never figure out.)

I personally manage my own game servers, and develop new code and bugfixes for them. (As does PsyTrac, who was the first to mention that it's likely the authd service was down.)
    Which, if that is the case, then it's a simple restart.
    Though, simple should be used lightly. One "server" like RT is actually a large cluster of servers. Hell, they had to offload the boutique onto it's own server because it was making it take too long to teleport on loading because it's gotten so large.

And we as a player community who pay this company $100,000's per month have no right to expect fair treatment? Pffft
    edited November 2013
    Options
    dont worry ppl, they will compensate us with an original chip sale to raise the gold price until infinite
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• danilco
    danilco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have this image in my head of all the PWI Zombie's stepping outside for the 1st time in 6 years, the sun beating down on there face, the air blowing threw there hair, then the playfull sounds of children laughing. zzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiippppppppppp. "Hey Joe servers are back up!"

Slams door closed, Sunshine turns to dark, Air turns stale, Children laughter stifles to Video game music. Back to being Zombies. b:chuckle

Just saying take a day off it wont kill ya lol.
  • VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver
    VBloodFangv - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

What's the question? b:question
  • ahlianeve
    ahlianeve Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

You are correct about some of the info above. But I believe it is not the patch problem from Wanmei. And PWE do not follow Wanmei patch completely, some of the patch were skipped. And correction, Wanmei do not control or handle PWE server, only in-charge of update patches. PWE have their own staffs to do it. I think it is the restart, and the server support end that is having connecting problems, IP settings and filtering. b:chuckle Joke of the day : Maybe server rack got a mouse ran in and chew on the wires b:shutup
    edited November 2013
    Options
    and ppl still trying to give excuses for 8 hours of server error (as i noticed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So we are waiting for a fix or what ?

East coast servers are down or is this a client side error ?
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • Lady_Arina - Dreamweaver
    Lady_Arina - Dreamweaver Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    the american culture got wiped out long ago and the few survivors live in reservations today.

gg wp.

well, he has a bad upbringing, when there is no reason to insult people? is not cool
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And we as a player community who pay this company $100,000's per month have no right to expect fair treatment? Pffft
    You haven't read the ToS recently have you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    Options
    danilco wrote: »
    I have this image in my head of all the PWI Zombie's stepping outside for the 1st time in 6 years, the sun beating down on there face, the air blowing threw there hair, then the playfull sounds of children laughing. zzzzzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiippppppppppp. "Hey Joe servers are back up!"

Slams door closed, Sunshine turns to dark, Air turns stale, Children laughter stifles to Video game music. Back to being Zombies. b:chuckle

Just saying take a day off it wont kill ya lol.

I do take days off lol, but i dont expect to be taken for granted that im gonna cash my next pay day on a game that's managed like this. Its a **** take, period.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    start spending your coins guys, the ship is definately about to sink.
    no support, no fixes, dead quality corner.
    whats more likely going to happen? a new community manager (that could be used for a more successfull game) or the servers being shut down?

you know the answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You haven't read the ToS recently have you?

Nope more changes that we are not informed about?