All East Coast Servers: Server Network Error

Options

Comments

• Ameyuri - Dreamweaver
    Ameyuri - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If I were a GM, or PWE database tech I would take my sweet time fixing the issue if I read all the QQ threads... lol complaining absolutely will not get the servers up any faster. You'll live.

Not complaining really lol I only was going to log on to do dailies and most likely afk since I have to go to town anyways :)
    Was just simply stating that they are slow at fixing problems.
    And yes I know I will live, thank you for telling me I will anyways.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Lol I know what time it is in CA :p It is just ridiculous that this is taking so long is all.

I can pass the coffee/tea in your direction while you wait?
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Haha it's not all that different to PWI. Except I think Japan just got the new expansion (usually they're the next to get it after China. With Japanese being another Asian language the translation is generally faster). Which may explain why this is a big update :O. I hope it's the new expansion xD. I need to practise my Japanese b:surrender

You speak Japanese! O.O I have problems with English and that's my language. lol
  • Ameyuri - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I can pass the coffee/tea in your direction while you wait?

Haha thank you but I am already drinking coffee :)
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You speak Japanese! O.O I have problems with English and that's my language. lol

Been learning that **** for 9 years. Now I'm studying it in University, along with Chinese, Korean and French. So excited for Nexon to release the Korean version of PWI. YAY using video games to learn stuff!
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Haha thank you but I am already drinking coffee :)

Right. *passes the cookies and candy*
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Been learning that **** for 9 years. Now I'm studying it in University, along with Chinese, Korean and French. So excited for Nexon to release the Korean version of PWI. YAY using video games to learn stuff!

I can speak, not read or write now, but speak German a bit and Latin, again just a bit, and English. And just thinking about learning anything more make my head hurt. b:chuckle
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options

Drinking hot chocolate and eating pancakes. b:pleased
  • AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver
    AlphaOmegaX - Dreamweaver Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well congrats pwi congrats indeed. -slow hand clap-

Roll on next spring for TES Online, and cya PWI b:bye
  • Ameyuri - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hehe, thank you. But for now I am going to log off and go do what I have to do, Hopefully when I get back servers will be up lol. Good luck guys/girls and try not to go to insane waiting qq <3
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I can speak, not read or write now, but speak German a bit and Latin, again just a bit, and English. And just thinking about learning anything more make my head hurt. b:chuckle

I'm really into linguistics. So learning to be fluent in 5 languages is fun. Not to mention I have a really good memory with stuff when I focus xD. French is the easiest for me, purely because a lot of English is adapted from, or uses French words. Because England spoke French until the Battle of Hastings in 1066/1088 (YAY HISTORY LESSONS!).

I love video games, so why not practise while doing something I love?
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    As you can see from my forum title, i am a pretty pony princess.

I propose a tea party while we wait. As is the duty of a pony princess.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm really into linguistics. So learning to be fluent in 5 languages is fun. Not to mention I have a really good memory with stuff when I focus xD. French is the easiest for me, purely because a lot of English is adapted from, or uses French words. Because England spoke French until the Battle of Hastings in 1066/1088 (YAY HISTORY LESSONS!).

I love video games, so why not practice while doing something I love?

I'm lazy. lol All that seems way to much work. And I'm more a math person, I am good with numbers, that's why I'm an accountant.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    As you can see from my forum title, i am a pretty pony princess.

I propose a tea party while we wait. As is the duty of a pony princess.

Why did I immediately think Alice in Wonderland? I propose tea and of course the Futterwacken shall be performed.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Okay guys I'm leaving you know, off to do stuff in the real world since PWI is still broken. Have fun and see you in game!
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm lazy. lol All that seems way to much work. And I'm more a math person, I am good with numbers, that's why I'm an accountant.

Oh god numbers b:shocked. Math b:shocked. Noooooooooo, no math D:
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Okay guys I'm leaving you know, off to do stuff in the real world since PWI is still broken. Have fun and see you in game!

Au revoir!
  • LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver
    LunarCainEX - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Is it up yet?
    Death Is Our Father. Death Is Our God. Death Had 12 Children. They Are Know As The True Death Gods. They bear children. If Each Death God Has More Than A Child, One Shall Live To Be The Reaper, All Shall Die. 1 Father. 12 Death Gods. 12 Reapers. We Are The Family Of Death. We Reap We Reap What We Sow. We Watch Over Those That Are About To Die. We Feast Upon The Evil Souls, And Bless The Peaceful Souls. By Day We Act As Humans. By Night We Hunt For Souls. My Name Is LunarCainEX. I Am The 2nd Reaper Of The 2nd Death God. Death Is My God. I Am The Moon With A Cursed Legacy. Let This Be Know, That Death Is My Only God, My Only Father, My Only Purpose To Live, And To Die If He Wished Me To.
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They make a Maintenance thread for restart server "only " ,not considering all the issues ppl had for a week .

then we get new issue ...

For 6 hours no GM Appears to tell all those ppl whts wrong and where they are at from fixing the issue .Thats just too much careless .

I always noticed pwi doesnt give a shiit wht happen to us now they are proving me right .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • patri1234
    patri1234 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I want to know even when the server is going to be closed by giving error "Server network error" because I want to play and I can't enter. I want to playyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!b:angryb:cryb:angry

Until when will I have when I expect to be able to play?b:b:surrenderb:angry
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    hey you hater, be quiet, if u don't like PWi's managment, THEN QUIt
    nobody forces you to stay in
    learn to live with what u have and not with what u want!
  • MsElfie - Raging Tide
    MsElfie - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Ulqui has a good point, so maybe its u who needs to be quiet b:shutupb:cute
    b:cute Awesomeness is a state of mind b:victory
  • Eleonor - Harshlands
    Eleonor - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If you spend time in official server ,you have the rights to ask whats going on . And if you don't have that right for what costumer support we talking abou ?
    edited November 2013
    Options

i did laugh at this post b:laugh

The op is right, no regard for the player community, how hard is it for the CM or a GM just to say look we know theres a problem and we are trying to fix it? Its not hard, just another reason people get pissed off with how this epic game is poorly managed.

People worked for me and behaved like this with no regard for others, their *** would be out the door. b:bye
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They should be coming on now, since time zones are harsh to anyone with a self centered mind. I believe the GMs start work at 7 their time, which is in California. Hopefully we see a response soon.

Patience is a virtue. Though I do believe they lack in letting the playerbase know what's going on.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    .-. Yep.

b:surrender
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • SpectreBR - Dreamweaver
    SpectreBR - Dreamweaver Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

if he kicks gm's balls he should kick ur mouth aswell
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Biodegradable post, doesnt harm the environment, only users.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Here's how it actually works....

PWE basically rents the game from Wanmei.
    PWE own the hardware, but they can't touch the server/client files.
    When there's maintenance, Wanmei takes control of PWE's servers and sends the data from China.
    Hell, the guys at PWE don't even know any patch information other than what Wanmei tells them to post in the patch notes.

Now, with a situation like this one, the issue is on the East Coast servers. It's probably something stupid simple like a Tomcat error, or a database that's not loading properly.

Even though the servers are on the East Coast, they are managed by the PWE dev's who reside on the West coast. As I type this, it is merely 7:15am there, and they should be arriving to work in about an hour.

Once they realise there is an issue, (which would be from a flood of support tickets, not from people spamming the forums), they will investigate and see what needs to be done.

If it's as simple as restarting some services or a couple of blades, there will be an emergency maintenance.
    If it's something wrong with the coding of the server, they will have to contact Wanmei and wait for them to repair it.

Basically, don't hold your breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is obvious that communication is not one of their strength.
    I really don't understand the point to come and launch a topic and then disappear... More over, I think this is the strict minimum to communicate in such a situation even just to stay "an issue occured, we don't know why but we're working on it"
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Here's how it actually works....

PWE basically rents the game from Wanmei.
    PWE own the hardware, but they can't touch the server/client files.
    When there's maintenance, Wanmei takes control of PWE's servers and sends the data from China.
    Hell, the guys at PWE don't even know any patch information other than what Wanmei tells them to post in the patch notes.

Now, with a situation like this one, the issue is on the East Coast servers. It's probably something stupid simple like a Tomcat error, or a database that's not loading properly.

Even though the servers are on the East Coast, they are managed by the PWE dev's who reside on the West coast. As I type this, it is merely 7:15am there, and they should be arriving to work in about an hour.

Once they realise there is an issue, (which would be from a flood of support tickets, not from people spamming the forums), they will investigate and see what needs to be done.

If it's as simple as restarting some services or a couple of blades, there will be an emergency maintenance.
    If it's something wrong with the coding of the server, they will have to contact Wanmei and wait for them to repair it.

Basically, don't hold your breath.

So basically the whole set up is BS. b:chuckle