All East Coast Servers: Server Network Error

Comments

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, that makes a lot of sense :D. It would be silly to have the servers based in China anyway.

Yeah, but this still provides a problem. PWI is centered in California, I know that much. It's why their sales and server maintenance always goes based around west coast times. I don't know their system, but I imagine it involves telling the other guy on the phone what to do, so they need to be careful. It's why I'm not overly critical when it comes to this kind of stuff, and it's also why the wast coast servers get faster fixes. A)They've done it, and B) They can do it themselves.

But long story short, East Coast Servers are much harder to maintain when your centered on the west coast.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Awesomeonly - Raging Tide
    Awesomeonly - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    having the same issues and dont tell me to wait a week-i am only on one server and this is the day after maintenence. honestly this last couple of updates have done nothing but *** the game up. ive been playing for awhile and never had this many issues in 1 freaking week. makes me want to quit pwi : /

yeah i feel the same way, one after another they call they self fixing something then something els go wrong f:horror
  • Starcaster - Raging Tide
    Starcaster - Raging Tide Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lol ikr wth pwi we wanna play
    meanwhile at my desk: http://i.imgur.com/AxurkSC.jpg
    omg that link peccable says it all lmao
    made me lol
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    I'm not done farming TT, let's demand 2x for another week for this b:avoid
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, but this still provides a problem. PWI is centered in California, I know that much. It's why their sales and server maintenance always goes based around west coast times. I don't know their system, but I imagine it involves telling the other guy on the phone what to do, so they need to be careful. It's why I'm not overly critical when it comes to this kind of stuff, and it's also why the wast coast servers get faster fixes. A)They've done it, and B) They can do it themselves.

But long story short, East Coast Servers are much harder to maintain when your centered on the west coast.

Now I'm wondering who actually maintains the East Coast servers o.o Yeah, the PWE HQ is in Redwood City, CA.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    8:44 am, I just rolled out of bed to play a bit and got the Server Net Work Error. So yeah still not fixed. Oh and Dreamweaver server doesn't exist anymore. b:surrender I tried to send some DQ Rewards and no Dreamweaver on the list.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    8:44 am, I just rolled out of bed to play a bit and got the Server Net Work Error. So yeah still not fixed. Oh and Dreamweaver server doesn't exist anymore. b:surrender I tried to send some DQ Rewards and no Dreamweaver on the list.

If the people claiming to be "in the know" are correct, then that would be associated with the authD file error in the database that is apparently the cause of this. it wouldn't know what server your toon is on.

Out of curiosity, has a moderator been able to contact any of the GM's yet?
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    I'm confused myself. Some say Wanmei has them, some say they're in the States. Gm's have never officially acknowledged their geographical location and google is of no help.

They are in CA, that is based on the times they give when there is some change or other they are making in game without taking down the servers they use West Coast times and a lot of game server are based in CA.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Time for pool party at west gate on LC again for all da east coast peoples.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Now I'm wondering who actually maintains the East Coast servers o.o Yeah, the PWE HQ is in Redwood City, CA.

When it comes to software maintenance it can probably be done online through the magic of the internet, the same we we receive updates from the server, the server can receive updates from PWE.

As far as hardware goes, I don't have a clue. In before private jet from people CSing r9+12 Jades.
  • SWISSmafia - Harshlands
    SWISSmafia - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Brother and i can't login, getn the same msg for Harshlands f:shh
    We should all move to guldwrs 2 funny they block *** lmao! there... at least hardly anything goes wrong, Maints like 1s a month, if ur in a cave they give u time to finish ur damn run not just kick you seconds b4 u finish it -.-
  • BANAKILL - Dreamweaver
    BANAKILL - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    maybe we that have spent money in this game should threaten to sue i bet that make them start getting their stuff together f:poo
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    If the people claiming to be "in the know" are correct, then that would be associated with the authD file error in the database that is apparently the cause of this. it wouldn't know what server your toon is on.

Out of curiosity, has a moderator been able to contact any of the GM's yet?

No clue but a good question! They should give a mod contact info so they can call someone to fix stuff like this.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    When it comes to software maintenance it can probably be done online through the magic of the internet, the same we we receive updates from the server, the server can receive updates from PWE.

As far as hardware goes, I don't have a clue. In before private jet from people CSing r9+12 Jades.

I think they all owe us private jets by this stage. I wouldn't mind a free jet, would you? Fully stocked bar of course.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    I think they all owe us private jets by this stage. I wouldn't mind a free jet, would you? Fully stocked bar of course.

I'd go for that bar. But I don't know, the jet may be free, but that fuel is expensive...
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013

I would be good with them giving me R9rrr +12 all sharded pretty for all my toons of course. b:victory
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    maybe we that have spent money in this game should threaten to sue i bet that make them start getting their stuff together f:poo

It would not be the first time they've been threatened with legal action. I know a couple of LC players who have threatened PWI with a civil suit over them being banned. PWI always backs down like idiots, even though their TOS covers their ***** legally for bans and stuff. Would it cover them for this? All depends whether they word Zen as "compensation for donating to the company."

.....I should probably read that part of the TOS to make sure.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    I'd go for that bar. But I don't know, the jet may be free, but that fuel is expensive...

I demand a free jet fuel card!
    I would be good with them giving me R9rrr +12 all sharded pretty for all my toons of course. b:victory

As long as they exclusively colour it to each different players request. Who doesn't want armour to be the colour and design they want it to be?
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013

According to the terms of service, yu don't own your account. Your account is owned by PWE. It's why I don't CS, once I learned that I would have been spending money on something i didn't own, I decided ain't nobody got time fo' dat.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    It would not be the first time they've been threatened with legal action. I know a couple of LC players who have threatened PWI with a civil suit over them being banned. PWI always backs down like idiots, even though their TOS covers their ***** legally for bans and stuff. Would it cover them for this? All depends whether they word Zen as "compensation for donating to the company."

.....I should probably read that part of the TOS to make sure.

Nah, the most we will get is an extended 2x. More then that they won't do.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Brother and i can't login, getn the same msg for Harshlands f:shh
    We should all move to guldwrs 2 funny they block *** lmao! there... at least hardly anything goes wrong, Maints like 1s a month, if ur in a cave they give u time to finish ur damn run not just kick you seconds b4 u finish it -.-

Well, maintenance is the same time every week and you do get a countdown in the chat box. So honestly if you've started an instance close to maintenance time, you do so at your own risk. I wouldn't be surprised if the shutdown was automatic and the server did it itself.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    As long as they exclusively colour it to each different players request. Who doesn't want armour to be the colour and design they want it to be?[/QUOTE]

OMG Yes! I've suggested they let us color our gear to whatever color we want, that would be soooo hawt! b:dirty
  • YoshiMitsoo - Harshlands
    YoshiMitsoo - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please fix it!! I rlywanna play. I've been off for 1 week and right when I come back the server doesn't work. b:cryb:angry
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    Nah, the most we will get is an extended 2x. More then that they won't do.

Well, don't we get 2x for Thanksgiving? Yeah PWI, just go ahead and start that 2x early....
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    As long as they exclusively colour it to each different players request. Who doesn't want armour to be the colour and design they want it to be?

OMG Yes! I've suggested they let us color our gear to whatever color we want, that would be soooo hawt! b:dirty[/QUOTE]

IT WOULD BE SO GOOD OMG XD
  • aliandrexx
    aliandrexx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    waste of a day on DW f:worry
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2013
    Well, don't we get 2x for Thanksgiving? Yeah PWI, just go ahead and start that 2x early....

Don't know why they don't just leave 2x, with all their goof ups they may as well. b:chuckle
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know why the color of armour is an issue at all, most wear fashion to cover it up anyways! I seriously doubt they'll implement something like that just for a handful of players plus it would affect sales on dye and fashion!
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    OMG Yes! I've suggested they let us color our gear to whatever color we want, that would be soooo hawt! b:dirty

IT WOULD BE SO GOOD OMG XD

I'd be happy if they reskinned r9rr from it's ugly look into these sexy skins

http://pwi.ecatomb.net/armor-rod.php

I'd be happy with my BM running around like that. Each looks like the perfect epitome of their class. BM looks like a guard of the sorts, which is awesome.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ебало закрыл бро, бест русский язык! b:victory

haa xD

Translation: Shut the **** up bro. Best Russian Language. b:victory

b:shutupb:surrender
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96