Another update where we got pooed on...

Options

Comments

• Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Actually I have a video from NW I'm working on which features seekers and archers, which should demonstrate quite aptly some of the points I've made here lol. Heartz may not be able to take video, but since I video practically everything I do in pvp, I have documented some footage of him. You'll be able to see first hand the sorta dmg he can output.

@dark The skill was Gemini Slash, Dark; it is a seeker's hardest hitting physical dmg skill, 450% wep dmg +5000 +2000 if sage. So its a nice skill, but the reason it hit you as hard as it did has more to do with the ~55 defense level debuff kalop put on you, and a ~26 attack lvl buff on herself, plus a 20% extreme poison; essentially it is an hf for the seeker, but just on you. Without the debuffs we are looking at ~7k zerk or 14k zerk crit, which is still hurtsy but nothing you can't tank unless it happens near half hp.

Basically, a seeker does 'ok' damage ordinarily (they aren't zerk-critting every hit after all, their crit rate is just too low), but they can do really really good spike damage. The archer does either good dps, or really good dps. Either of them is dangerous to ignore if they target you in a group situation. The primary difference is, a seeker always telegraphs their deadly attacks with flashy debuff animations, whereas an archer maintains a constant chance of deadliness with any of their hard-to-spot auto attacks.

@wbn: Regarding my damage. First, I don't have access to as many low-cost magical defense debuffs, so we'd have to assume, say, 35% magic and extreme poison. Second, my crit rate is 40% lower than an archer. Third, an archer can fire off 4 auto attacks in three seconds, whereas I'd be lucky to get 2 spells off in that same time period. Here is the truth about the difference in damage. If I and an archer triple spark from full hp and attack each other, I will die before the archer every single time if neither of us defends against the damage, other than the usual assortment of defense charms (each of our first two hits would be half damage). The only question is, do I die in ~5-6 seconds (no purge) or approximately 1-3 seconds (purged)? I just don't have the crit rate to get lucky enough, often enough, to be crit charm-bypassing people near half hp, which is the one scenario where dph beats out dps. Like so many classes, I rely on debuffs to kill people. Archers don't need to rely so heavily on debuffs, when their weapon is the deadliest debuffer of them all.

When an archer already has the best ranged dps, and the deadliest ranged debuff, what sound-minded dev would want to buff them to also be more unkillable? If you want more defense, than be willing to give up some of your offense I say. BTW, the new skill 'frost cone' appears to be a support skill. I'm sorry if you as archers aren't used to the idea of being support, as opposed to being supreme damage dealer. However, from what I read, this attack acts like a barrage (it stays up till target moves too far away or dies), and slows people by a LOT, and can also immobilize AND amp those targets. I dunno about you, but I am definitely seeing major applications of this skill in TW, Nation Wars (fire this off into the flag-digging pit), and group pvp. Barrage is nice, but it is easy to escape from. Combine this skill with barrage though, and you have a hella nasty mess. One skill locks you in place and amps you, while the other creams the snot out of you... all from 30 meters away. Ouch.

The 200% dot on vicious arrow is important as well. It means that it'll take into account attack levels now. My thunderball (400% weapon damage dot) does a significant amount of damage. To put that into perspective, the 400% dot does as much combined damage as the initial damage of the hit (which is base damage). So something like 4000 + 1000 + 1000 + 1000 + 1000. I often use it to tick people's charms when they are near half hp, but still slept; quite deadly under the right circumstances. Not to mention, it is a good thing to have a skill which does a not-too-deadly debuff. Consider when you fight a psychic, you have to hit them when they have soul of retaliation in. Do you use a stun? You'll stun yourself. Do you use an auto attack or non-debuffing attack? You could purge yourself (saw this happen as recently as last week). Or maybe you use vicious arrow instead, knowing you won't purge yourself, and that the vicious arrow dot on yourself when you are at max hp is something you can live with.

And really, what is there to complain about when they increase your melee skill from 4k to 8k, no scratch that, 11k! Geez louise. People who love to hug melee range of archers (because obviously the smart pvpers do) are gonna pay more dearly for their efforts.

I state my case again: archer's have no right to complain.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Seekers can cast faster than archers can auto attack. They are quite capable of spitting out several spells quickly at a time from range. How about you consider for a second the fact that quicken with auto attacks hit like **** on endgame seekers, and tell us how this "DPH vs DPS" comparison goes? Because 1k-3k DPS isn't very good for killing people with 30k hp last time I checked.

On the other hand, archer metal skills both do less damage and come out slower. Inb4 seeker gets Heart of Steel too and you're ****ed.

I have to wonder about what kind of seekers you've been fighting, because they are quite easily the better archer killers from the class pool.

@Above:

It sucks because it's slow. In the 1.6s of cast + channel, people will get in your face and forget about your stupid DoT. The 8s cooldown also does not allow for significant stacking even if you're cheesing DoTs from the air.

Plus it has no chance to purge, so you're wasting your CC time casting this, as anything fully buffed endgame will likely not die 1v1 to an archer. We don't get tens of seconds of people sitting still to cast dots like some classes do.

Like I said, this sort of skill can only be widely usable if it can be cast faster so you can stack while you run. Add shorter cooldown and it might actually be usable in drawn-out 1v1s.

About that Psychic usage, Actually no, that's stupid. You could have been using that 2 updates ago, that's no excuse to rehash DoT damage over 2 updates.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Seekers can cast faster than archers can auto attack. They are quite capable of spitting out several spells quickly at a time from range. How about you consider for a second the fact that quicken with auto attacks hit like **** on endgame seekers, and tell us how this "DPH vs DPS" comparison goes? Because 1k-3k DPS isn't very good for killing people with 30k hp last time I checked.

On the other hand, archer metal skills both do less damage and come out slower. Inb4 seeker gets Heart of Steel too and you're ****ed.

I have to wonder about what kind of seekers you've been fighting, because they are quite easily the better archer killers from the class pool.

@Above:

It sucks because it's slow. In the 1.6s of cast + channel, people will get in your face and forget about your stupid DoT. The 8s cooldown also does not allow for significant stacking even if you're cheesing DoTs from the air.

Plus it has no chance to purge, so you're wasting your CC time casting this, as anything fully buffed endgame will likely not die 1v1 to an archer. We don't get tens of seconds of people sitting still to cast dots like some classes do.

Like I said, this sort of skill can only be widely usable if it can be cast faster so you can stack while you run. Add shorter cooldown and it might actually be usable in drawn-out 1v1s.

About that Psychic usage, Actually no, that's stupid. You could have been using that 2 updates ago, that's no excuse to rehash DoT damage over 2 updates.

I'm sorry but this sounds like QQ. Seekers do not in fact have faster casting on their good skills, or skill's in general unless they use Blade Affinity, which has a 45sec cd. Very few seeker skills have a channel+cast less than 1.2 sec, which is the time an archer with full r9.3+12 can auto attack without the use of skills, only 1 or 2 without Blade Affinity.

Firstly archer metal skills do not do low damage. Don't know what you are talking about but I've seen 5-10k drops on a full r9.3+12 jaded with NW upgrade barb (52k hp), from an archer with similar gear (no deities).

Second, learn to kite, ok? That's what the good archer's do, and they are rarely killed when doing so. Use ur leap, alacrit slow and etc to make distance, then CC. Stunning Arrow and Frost arrow cd's are that long, you just might fail to make use of them when you have openings.

Thirdly, last time I checked seekers where an HA class. OFC they're gonna have high resistance to your physical attacks. Especially the pure str builds.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Can you add? Can you count? Go look at a skill tree and do some counting, 0.1 at a time.

What are you comparing damage to? I am comparing archer metal skills to seeker metal skills. What are you comparing damage to when you say low or high?

Thirdly, learn to kite 20 range OK?

Endgame archers will have a fight against any endgame class, and it's never a faceroll between endgame characters, but some classes have better chances to win 1v1 than others. In the case of seeker vs archer, I will bet on seeker.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

@wbn: Regarding my damage. First, I don't have access to as many low-cost magical defense debuffs, so we'd have to assume, say, 35% magic and extreme poison. Second, my crit rate is 40% lower than an archer. Third, an archer can fire off 4 auto attacks in three seconds, whereas I'd be lucky to get 2 spells off in that same time period. Here is the truth about the difference in damage. If I and an archer triple spark from full hp and attack each other, I will die before the archer every single time if neither of us defends against the damage, other than the usual assortment of defense charms (each of our first two hits would be half damage). The only question is, do I die in ~5-6 seconds (no purge) or approximately 1-3 seconds (purged)? I just don't have the crit rate to get lucky enough, often enough, to be crit charm-bypassing people near half hp, which is the one scenario where dph beats out dps. Like so many classes, I rely on debuffs to kill people. Archers don't need to rely so heavily on debuffs, when their weapon is the deadliest debuffer of them all.

When an archer already has the best ranged dps, and the deadliest ranged debuff, what sound-minded dev would want to buff them to also be more unkillable? If you want more defense, than be willing to give up some of your offense I say. BTW, the new skill 'frost cone' appears to be a support skill. I'm sorry if you as archers aren't used to the idea of being support, as opposed to being supreme damage dealer. However, from what I read, this attack acts like a barrage (it stays up till target moves too far away or dies), and slows people by a LOT, and can also immobilize AND amp those targets. I dunno about you, but I am definitely seeing major applications of this skill in TW, Nation Wars (fire this off into the flag-digging pit), and group pvp. Barrage is nice, but it is easy to escape from. Combine this skill with barrage though, and you have a hella nasty mess. One skill locks you in place and amps you, while the other creams the snot out of you... all from 30 meters away. Ouch.

The 200% dot on vicious arrow is important as well. It means that it'll take into account attack levels now. My thunderball (400% weapon damage dot) does a significant amount of damage. To put that into perspective, the 400% dot does as much combined damage as the initial damage of the hit (which is base damage). So something like 4000 + 1000 + 1000 + 1000 + 1000. I often use it to tick people's charms when they are near half hp, but still slept; quite deadly under the right circumstances. Not to mention, it is a good thing to have a skill which does a not-too-deadly debuff. Consider when you fight a psychic, you have to hit them when they have soul of retaliation in. Do you use a stun? You'll stun yourself. Do you use an auto attack or non-debuffing attack? You could purge yourself (saw this happen as recently as last week). Or maybe you use vicious arrow instead, knowing you won't purge yourself, and that the vicious arrow dot on yourself when you are at max hp is something you can live with.

And really, what is there to complain about when they increase your melee skill from 4k to 8k, no scratch that, 11k! Geez louise. People who love to hug melee range of archers (because obviously the smart pvpers do) are gonna pay more dearly for their efforts.

I state my case again: archer's have no right to complain.

Why dont you use exact same debuffs, triple spark and plume shot? Meh, guess that really is too hard to think of. Also lol at triple spark standoff, whole premise is **** and you know it. Not to forget obvious advantages DPH has over DPS. Also bs on not charm jumping people, maybe you do massive debuffs on it with people who are similarly geared but like you agreed, armors lack behind on so many, making charm jumping far more viable than you make it seem. But yea sure, Archerd kill everything they look at and all the other legit classes have to debuff their targets so much!!"312!!!

Suppose BV is best debuff and archer DPS is highest range dps, its physical though, which has far more buffs against it that magic does. The "Support AoE" has bout 20% per target to be useful, 25% for sages with mediocre damage. Freaking seriously, level 1 BoA deals more damage. As for amp, I believe it will only amp your own wep dmg part of it from 50% to 180%. No wait, it slows too, all has been saved!

Are you honestly stupid? 100% wep damage, which on +12 bow with drakeflames is 3527 damage on average, double it to 7k dot over 6 seconds for demon. Too bad it doesnt ignore m.def as even my aps set sin has 57% m.dmg reduction w/o buffs. With those stats we get to sexy 3010/6s dot, simplify to 500 dmg/s dot. To get that DoT to 2k/s, which is imo the point of relevant DoT requires 300 attack levels over enemys defense levels. Points on arguing how good the vicious arrow damage is and in the end telling to use it on psy cause its so ****, of that consistency.

New wingspan? Its the only useful thing archers got upgraded. 7k damage increase, 50% p.dmg reduction and PK reduction. 7k * 0,5 * 0,25 = 0,875k. Oh that is totally gonna make archers OP at melee range!!
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Damn I just wish our knockback skills worked on players. **** all this other bull****!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So let me see if I understand.

You have a skill with a long lasting HF that deals metal damage and reduces max HP

You have a 3 second 1 spark damage immunity followed with an anti stun

Highest evasion in the game

Longest range in the game

When coupled with range advantages and continuous antistuns with vac you have the ability to remain unstunned for ridiculous amounts of time

You have stealth to surprise flag carriers in NW

You have leaps to go side to side and quickly escape melee range

The ability to quickly purge any target with good luck and a normal attack

Both physical and metal damage

All with an intense crit rate and the ability to use a genie at free will to increase mobility and damage to its maximum

But you're upset because you get a few skills merged instead of damage increases?

Help me to understand why this is...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    All these stupid non archers coming to archer forums!!

GTFO!!! ... oh ... oops >_>
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I know you/others may not want to hear/accept this, but due to the facts that archers do indeed do just fine most of the time in mass pvp/pvp could be the very reason why archers aren't getting interesting updates to their skills.

Do you know what the other classes are actually getting? It makes you look really stupid saying what you just said, considering what other classes that you wouldn't consider "underpowered" are getting.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Compare WoG to purify spell and it's ****. You spend 1 full spark on something that every caster gets for free. The 1s channel make is very hard to break a stun lock. Really that long channel ruins a lot of its defensive utility, isn't every other anti-stun in the game instant channel?

Also you're wrong about the duration. It only lasts 12s since it's 3 seconds shorter than a triple spark. Unlike purify spell you have to cast it preemptively before the stun so that means its effective duration is actually shorter relative to purify spell. Finally with morai skills other classes got a lot more counters to anti-stun like Bewitch, Disarm, Reel In, etc.

Reel In is soulforce based, causing a cash advantage, but we can dismiss that...

Blade Hurl (disarm) is reserved for casters to disable purify proc, only use it on archers when no casters are around. Bewitch as far as I know is reserved for BMs/barbs to prevent Hf/take you out of tiger form.

I will trade my Will of the Bodhisattva for your wings of grace in a heartbeat. I don't care that it takes 1 second to channel, that just means that you use it 1 second before your current antistun/AD wears off and problem solved. How do you think BMs feel about spending one whole spark when every single skill other than Aeolian, Ocean's Edge, and Fissure that we should be using costs chi, but we don't have anything like Awaken to give any chi back at all? We have to run up to someone and slap them or put our Apoth/genie on cd just to chain properly if we don't start with full chi.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Do you know what the other classes are actually getting? It makes you look really stupid saying what you just said, considering what other classes that you wouldn't consider "underpowered" are getting.

Your right some of the skills other classes are getting seem absolutely unnecessary. (As I said before... paraphrasing a bit) I can see why you all are QQing. Still the general statement stands. (When there are stats like pvp rankings, and a poll even if its just a forum poll... (albeit I doubt the poll had much to do with it at all) that may very well be the reason why pwe threaded so carefully around the archer skills.

Still I for one see some potential in some of the skills archers are getting... I think people are really underestimating the usefulness of these skills you all are getting. Especially when you could potentially use the first skill to slow, or freeze (even if it isn't guaranteed.. still there is a chance) your opponent out of their attack range, but they still be in yours, allowing for more chances for your purge bow to kick in. I realize not all archers have a purge bow, and I am no stranger to feeling the pain/getting significant backlash so to speak when your gear isn't the best, but still you all have some nice advantages/skills that allow you all to do quite a bit regardless of your weapon... (well nigh regardless) and while just any gear wont keep you from being one shot, you all still have skills available to you to allow you to attack/keep people out of your range if used properly/they proc right. (I am not trying to say you all are using your archers wrong or anything of the like... but imho the skills seems to have more potential than you all are letting on. In other words I don't think the skills are all... that bad)

I realize there is much more than just formulating a plan, but still to me it seems like archers have plenty to be thankful for, sure it's annoying feeling like you got the short end of the stick so to speak, but still... you all do have plenty going for you.

EDIT: I understand that if you continue to get arguably 'subpar' upgrades you will eventually fall too far behind to 'catch' up to others. That so isn't a fun thing to watch happen at all.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    None of the other new skills other classes are getting are on a 3min cooldown and takes 2 sparks by the way, not even the wiz base + 800% + 9k add skill.

Seriously go make a list of the other class skills, then come back and say hmm this is kind of fine. Archer is not so overpowered compared to other classes to begin with.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    None of the other new skills other classes are getting are on a 3min cooldown and takes 2 sparks by the way, not even the wiz base + 800% + 9k add skill.

Seriously go make a list of the other class skills, then come back and say hmm this is kind of fine. Archer is not so overpowered compared to other classes to begin with.

Hmm that is weird, both the name and description are essentially the same, but the cooldown's are different.
    My attempt at deciphering archer skills:

"Frost Scattering" [New skill?]

Range: Ranged Attack
    Mana: %d
    Channel: 1.0 seconds
    Cast: 2.5 seconds
    Cooldown: 3 minutes
    Weapon: Ranged Weapons

Deals damage equal to base physical damage plus 50% of weapon damage to enemies in a cone-shaped area. Slows movement speed by 80% and has a 20% chance to freeze targets for 1.5 seconds. Frozen targets will take 130% additional damage.

and then there's this.
    Archer is short of these two changes:

==============
    ●/○ (New Zhen skill) "Frost scattering"

Range Ranged attack
    Channel 1.0 seconds
    Cooldown 30 seconds.

Every 0.6 seconds: all targets within a frontal cone receive 50% base physical damage,
    movement speed reduced by 80 % with a 20% chance to be frozen for 1.5 seconds.
    Those frozen will receive 130% base physical damage?

"The probability of its frozen 1.5 seconds, compared to the frozen state of the enemy
    For vulnerable will bear 130% of the damage."

Costs 1 unit of ammo per attack
    Costs 2 sparks

Sage: The freeze chance is increased to 25%
    Demon: Damage increased to 55% of base physical damage

---

If it is the 3 minute one I have to agree with you Quil... 3 minutes is stupid ridiculously long for a cooldown on a skill... albeit there is quite a few skills like that already in game that are purely defensive/have longer cooldowns.... still 3 minutes is quite some time on a cooldown for a skill of that caliber.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    More powerful than BM, more speed than a wizard, more range than any other class, more evasion than sins, and set with blood vow and crit rates to compensate for "lacking damage"

So you will have 3 skills that cost 2 sparks (not considering Galvanic Charge, unused and replenishes chi), big deal. BM has 4, Wiz has 3, barb has 3, Veno has 4, Sin has 4, Psy has 4 and a 3 spark skill. Mystics, Clerics, and Seekers are the only others with only 2 skills that cost 2 sparks.

3 minute cooldown on an offensive skill? 10 minute cooldown on Buddha Guard...
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's 3minutes from the descriptions I read in Chinese. Anyways, this just seems wrong. Some classes are getting skills that are off the charts in damage and they fiddle with Vicious Arrow or Winged Shell absorption here. Stay tuned and see if these get modified before implementation.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    inb4 what is BETA TESTING and what is FINAL VERSION.

Chances are most if not all skills of all classes can/will be tweaked further, and we won't be seeing this content here for months to come. So yeah...
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    It's 3 mins: http://blog-imgs-62.fc2.com/r/u/s/rustrust/201310211745391e9.jpg

I don't see a 2 spark slow with a chance for a 1.5s debuff ever being used. When are you ever going to want to cast that over barrage?
    The vicious arrow upgrade won't make the skill viable since the damage is still very low.
    The winged shell upgrade won't make that skill viable since it still pops in 1 hit.
    The wingspan upgrade is +2m aoe range and +2k damage is barely noticeable. That skill is rarely used in actual PVP since if you're in melee range odds are you're either stunned / sealed or are attempting to cast WoG / leap so you can kite. The only time when you stay to wingspan is against lower geared that you don't need to worry about any way.

There's no denying this update is going to be terrible for archers.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    How about everyone who keeps clamming archer to be OP to just make one and see for themselves why every archer complains?

I don't think you guys have noticed what we always have complained about, having only one option to play the game of F1 > cross your fingers for purge and go to the next target makes the game quite dull. The thing we always lacked and probably always will is something to make ourselves more defensive (NOT offensive) as well as get our useless skills bumped into something that can be used instead of just auto attack.

I'm tired of people saying "but you guys have evasion", let's face it...evasion has been useless since the day people equipped a misty ring and no matter how you twist and turn it, it's not useful. Range is great but lets face it, everyone can reach you in a heartbeat with; purify proc, teleports, speed skill, genies etc.

Fastest way to put it, we're not complaining about our damage, the only thing we ask for is to be able to use proper skills as well as having some kind of defensive skill that actually works properly even if its just winged shell without the chi cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I think they should at least give us a useful self buff.

Every other class has useful self buffs.

We get evasion (lol) and blazing arrow (negligable asides stun through expel/psy will) and a speed boost that gets overwritten by everything else anyway. I remember a self buffed 2v2 a while back where I instinctively hit faith to resist a veno purge, then facepalmed thinking what a waste of genie.

We already have chi heavy gameplay, the people that are saying 'ah well in this situation you may want to use this 2spark skill vs a group' - No, I would rather kite and BoA. Or if its not worth a BoA then its not worth the two sparks.

Also the range penalty is a huge disadvantage in 1v1s and in general, something to counter this like useful DoTs would be nice, at the moment the dots are useless and always will be with a fixed amount of damage that was underwhelming even in 2008. Tweaking a few wep attacks/fixed amounts to base or gear attacks like psys and wizzies would be nice. Yes, probably asking for too much.

Gimme a passive buff that gives 50% chance to avoid sleep/silence gtfo clerics and psys! b:dirty
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Gimme a passive buff that gives 50% chance to avoid sleep/silence gtfo clerics and psys! b:dirty

Not a passive one, but I don't think there's any skill to avoid getting sealed other than genie skills, are there (excluding, ofc, the "invulnerable" ones and tidal, which also resist/may resist every other status)? Maybe a 10s resist to silence would be a good upgrade for some classes. Not archers, though. Archers kill me way too much already.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Well, this sucks for archers. The more updates we have, the weaker they get because everyone else, or a few get something good, but archers get nothing.

Atm, the classes I consider less of a threat are mystics and archers. Archers are so easy to deal with, you just have to close your distance, and their usefulness ends.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Heartz I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you are talking about group pvp Nw/Tw where you can qs fap arrows in people faces with assists heals etc.

Coz I sure as hell know you can't be talking about 1v1 self buffed. The Relic Group pvp vid I posted shows at 23:30 Kalopsia hitting me 14k GoF non crit, with what I assume was a sac slash qpq combo with EP, bit rusty on seeker skills someone identify the skill after qpq pls. Thats me fully buffed. The same hit unbuffed would maybe have one shot me, no offence but would no doubt one shot you, as you have iirc 40 less def lvls. So **** damage.. really..

your own fault for not using immune thing or run away when you see too many debuff/stances on you, or even stealth. if they dont have stances/debuff on you, they're not gonna kill you, as their base damage is weak. death to seeker usually means it's because you're dry on apo/genie and stealth used, or simply caught up with stuns and whatnot from other ppl in tw/nw. without those debuff kalopsia would probably not hit you more than 3k, and it take him atleast what, 3-4 seconds to cast those debuff ready on you x.x

but your right, self buffed it's hard, i'm mostly speakign atleast cleric buffed, as I never go pk without buff cleric lol.

and my def is 54, not 40 D:
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    So let me see if I understand.

You have a skill with a long lasting HF that deals metal damage and reduces max HP

that doesnt amp damage anyway near HF nor decreases HP significantly more than STA (for which both sage and demon forms are more useful in that aspect) and deals metal damage before the effect (i.e. **** dps) with a 2 minute cool down. It's really not that much of a great skill.

You have a 3 second 1 spark damage immunity followed with an anti stun

which takes far too long to channel yep.

Highest evasion in the game

you say that like its a valid point... but if you want to talk about real evasion i'd say you're just plain wrong when you compare what we get to what a sin's focused mind and tidal protection do

Longest range in the game

again - this is valid in what way when it takes less than a second to close that gap?

When coupled with range advantages and continuous antistuns with vac you have the ability to remain unstunned for ridiculous amounts of time

debatable. apoth is probably better used elsewhere.

You have stealth to surprise flag carriers in NW

where we cant move

You have leaps to go side to side and quickly escape melee range

just like bms, wizards, even sins have a teleport skill yeah.. so not really an "advantage" over other classes as such - don't forget even though we have 2 of them, it still has a long cool down and only jumps you 20 metres which still puts you in range for a sin teleport or a casters attack or a reel in from a BM etc.

The ability to quickly purge any target with good luck and a normal attack

which requires another shot because the damage is dealt before the purge and again you said it - it requires GOOD luck i.e. proc rate is low - i dont expect someone with GOF on their weapon to understand ;)

Both physical and metal damage

Both of which are relatively low dph which has already been discussed, dont forget archers phys damage halves vs physical ranged targets

All with an intense crit rate and the ability to use a genie at free will to increase mobility and damage to its maximum

debatable - not sure how many end game archers bother with a purely offensive genie with more than 1 damage amp skill and even with our crit rates our dph is low - surprised many people havent figured this one out.

But you're upset because you get a few skills merged instead of damage increases?

upset because nothing useful has come in compared to other classes whatsoever- sins get a new stun for petes sake.. and none of our skill upgrades are defensive which is where an archer is weakest. so no - not upset we didnt get damage increases.

Help me to understand why this is...

hoped that helped ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • FistToDeath - Dreamweaver
    FistToDeath - Dreamweaver Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    He said 40 less, Hearty, 40 less than he has. Meaning 20 less JoSD, since you're deity sharded.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    He said 40 less, Hearty, 40 less than he has. Meaning 20 less JoSD, since you're deity sharded.

oh xD
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Give archers a spell shield ala Sivir's or Morgana's in LoL. jajajaja.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    hoped that helped ;)

What I meant by your own HF was a damage amp, it's...25%? Which is still a fair deal. Long cooldown, big deal, I'd still take that on any other class.

1 second channeling is too long? I'll trade WoG for my Will of Bodhisattva any day without a thought.

Sins still get stunned when Focused Mind hits for one, and they still take damage when TP evades status, meaning it's only a partial advantage, whereas if I miss an archer with Drake Bash, I waste a spark, you take no damage, you don't get stunned, and I have to wait on its cooldown.

It's not about closing the gap, it's about staying far enough away that you can get the first jump on the target.

Agreed on Apoth, but archers still have pretty good antistun chains.

Not moving in stealth isn't a big deal when the enemy doesn't know you're there, it holds just as much surprise as a sin, it's all about strategical placement.

Wizard teleport is OP. BM leap is only forward/backward. We have to change position to leap to you, plus it's 15 meters. Reel in is luck based, we're forced to Reckless Rush, put it on CD and hope to god you haven't started channeling WoP because if you did it won't land and you can run away. after putting our best distance closer on cooldown. Sin leaps? Well, they are built for 1v1, so it makes sense for them.

I don't have GoF on my t3 axes, that would be hax. I get purged by archers every single time I run into one. Without fail. "Not a good enough proc rate."

Fair enough on the physical damage, but why are you using physical attacks on close range targets anyway?

I admit, I know absolutely nothing about archer genies...

Sins do not get a new stun, it's a fusion of Headhunt and Raving Slash, so they lose their previous headhunt. BM and barb have been over due for damage increases for years. You archers stay alive a **** ton longer than any wiz, cleric, or mystic that I have ever run into.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    What I meant by your own HF was a damage amp, it's...25%? Which is still a fair deal. Long cooldown, big deal, I'd still take that on any other class.

Is it better than nothing? Well, yes. But is it overpowered? Far from it.

1 second channeling is too long? I'll trade WoG for my Will of Bodhisattva any day without a thought.

No real complaints about WoG, tbh, but it really is our only semi-viable defensive option aside from leaps. We need more than just one skill that costs a spark and has 1s channel, especially since we have no decent passive defenses either.

Sins still get stunned when Focused Mind hits for one, and they still take damage when TP evades status, meaning it's only a partial advantage, whereas if I miss an archer with Drake Bash, I waste a spark, you take no damage, you don't get stunned, and I have to wait on its cooldown.

Ignoring, of course, the fact that you still have 100% hit skills, you have control skills that do no damage (=> don't count evasion), and all magic class skills ignore evasion entirely. Sins suffer none of these disadvantages... AND they also get the "benefit" of normal evasion on top of their buffs.

It's not about closing the gap, it's about staying far enough away that you can get the first jump on the target.

And once you do hit them, they can close the gap in 2 seconds. Obviously this is not the case if they're stunned/immobilized, but then we can count that advantage for everyone else too. Range is nice, but it's not everything.

Agreed on Apoth, but archers still have pretty good antistun chains.

Antistun "chains"? We have one reliable antistun: WoG, 15s antistun on a 30s cooldown, for 1 spark. Our other antistun is 8s duration, costing a spark, with a 3 minute cooldown. Hardly something you could consider reliably "chain"-able.

Not moving in stealth isn't a big deal when the enemy doesn't know you're there, it holds just as much surprise as a sin, it's all about strategical placement.

Which is great, if you know exactly where the enemy will be... and they don't know you're even in the area... and you're already in a position ahead of them... and you have the luxury of being able to sit there and wait on them. This applies pretty much exclusively to CTF NW and nowhere else.

Wizard teleport is OP. BM leap is only forward/backward. We have to change position to leap to you, plus it's 15 meters. Reel in is luck based, we're forced to Reckless Rush, put it on CD and hope to god you haven't started channeling WoP because if you did it won't land and you can run away. after putting our best distance closer on cooldown. Sin leaps? Well, they are built for 1v1, so it makes sense for them.

I don't have GoF on my t3 axes, that would be hax. I get purged by archers every single time I run into one. Without fail. "Not a good enough proc rate."

And archers don't have purge proc on their t3 bows. What's your point there?

I fight archers more than any other class in NW, and I hardly ever get purged by them. Once, maybe twice per NW. More often in TW, but that's because I'm getting hit by 3 of them at once. Spirit Blackhole proc rate is considerably lower than GoF's - ~7.5% vs ~20% iirc (numbers might not be exact).

Combine with the other weaknesses of our proc - namely, being completely useless against already-purged targets and having no effect when using many skills - none of which are shared with GoF, Spirit Blackhole is nowhere near as useful as GoF.

Fair enough on the physical damage, but why are you using physical attacks on close range targets anyway?

Well, you shouldn't be. But you wouldn't be because it does half damage. If someone gets up in melee range, we're pretty much required to move because we won't do **** for damage until we do.

I admit, I know absolutely nothing about archer genies...

Then why are you making comments about them in your arguments?

Sins do not get a new stun, it's a fusion of Headhunt and Raving Slash, so they lose their previous headhunt. BM and barb have been over due for damage increases for years. You archers stay alive a **** ton longer than any wiz, cleric, or mystic that I have ever run into.

Any archer in a equally-geared endgame fight that is kiting enough to avoid major risk of death is going to have a hard time putting up any significant numbers at all in a 1v1, because every other class can get up in our face in a few seconds and we have to move away again. This has always been the case. So, can we survive a long time? Sure. Will it do us any good? Not really.

We have a better ability to put up better numbers in group PvP, of course, because we can hide behind other people and shoot, and run away when things get hairy... but so can every other ranged class, and as has been mentioned many times, they all have better defenses than archers.

replies in red.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astraelys - Raging Tide
    Astraelys - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    ...so skills changes and merge....b:cry what happend with pwi b:angry.... i prefer the current skills. New skills in my opinion do not benefit the archers, i hope reincarnation system and new gear will be good for us.