Another update where we got pooed on...

14567810»

Comments

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Uh no...you don't even have to be alive to finish casting a spell that you have finished channeling. Therefore, it is decidedly better for stuns to manifest at the end of cast time.

I am in agreement with Aeliah though, if you factor in the long channel + cast time of ROTP people could easily escape it.

Though if the skill is hard for people to see it coming like it can be when the stun is coming from a distance then yes the stun being at the end of the cast would be ideal.

EDIT: I can also see your point... but only very slightly... it seems kind of cruel to have a long channel + casting time on a stun even if it is aoe/low chi cost, that could be easily avoided... especially one that is as noticeable as ROTP.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what my friend showed me, Frost Scattering Arrow is actually a combination of Stromrage and Arrow Inferno, which is why it has a two spark cost. Hits full power, regardless of range.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what my friend showed me, Frost Scattering Arrow is actually a combination of Stromrage and Arrow Inferno, which is why it has a two spark cost. Hits full power, regardless of range.

So is it zhen or not?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So is it zhen or not?
    No, it's not a zhen, sadly.
    This Russian site has some first hand info(Maybe) as well as translations that don't turn into heavily broken English.
    light / dark scattering needed: 11lvl Frostbolt + 11lvl deadly arrows
    Range: Large
    Mag. Energy: 135
    Preparation: 1,0 sec.
    Application: 2.5 sec.
    Cooldown: 3.0 min.
    limit Arms: ranged weapons
    Deals base physical damage plus 150% weapon damage to all enemy targets and within a radius of 5.0 m from her, hitting 5 times. Slows by 80% and has a 20% chance to freeze for 1.5 seconds. Frozen enemies take 130% damage. Deals full damage regardless of the distance.
    Requires 1 arrow or dart.
    Additional cost: 2 chi.
    Bright: Chance to freeze increased to 25%.
    Dark: Weapon damage increased to 55%.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still doesnt answer all potential questions, but skill descriptions were never great at that.

Hitting 5x as in the base+150% spread out over 5 ticks or base+150% hitting 5 times! And over what time period.

Or instead the total damage is base+150% at time of cast, then the slow of 80% is applied followed a 'curse' where over 5 time intervals at each there is 20% chance the target(s) gets 'frozen' for 1.5seconds and a damage amp of 130% applied to them.

Has the potential to be very nice or very lame.

We'll see.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still doesnt answer all potential questions, but skill descriptions were never great at that.

Hitting 5x as in the base+150% spread out over 5 ticks or base+150% hitting 5 times! And over what time period.

Or instead the total damage is base+150% at time of cast, then the slow of 80% is applied followed a 'curse' where over 5 time intervals at each there is 20% chance the target(s) gets 'frozen' for 1.5seconds and a damage amp of 130% applied to them.

Has the potential to be very nice or very lame.

We'll see.
    Client Data
    I've been looking back on the client data Asterelle got for us; It mentioned 750% total damage, put two and two together and it looks like base+150% hitting 5 times. Can't tell you how the rest of the skill works though; descriptions only go so far.
    I seem to remember there being a clip of some of the skills showed off in greater detail, might be some more clues if I can find it again.
    EDIT: Found it. http://youtu.be/h9l-4u_tHkg?t=1m24s Yeah, still not enough for me to discern it. Might not even be accurate; I think what was shown was from the "Newbie-Preview" area, where you get a taste of skills to come.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Think I said a couple of pages ago that it wasn't a Zhen. Time period is probably the 2.5s cast time.

There is a huge difference between "Base + 750% in 5 waves" and "base + 150% for 5 waves"...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Thats not what the book says.
    I just took this 5 mins ago from my PWCN client

http://imgur.com/a/VMNhr

look at the skill requirements on the skills book and compare that with the name of frost arrow and deadly shot.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Also says will proc weapon special effects. I guess 5 waves of AOE in quick succession can be useful that way. 2 spark cost and cooldown is pretty *** though.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    From what I've read/interpreted of the skill it seems to be similar to Blade Tornado/Edged blur/Ice Prison, except the archer version? Only reason I'm saying this is because they seem to be proud of the new pbaoe tick mechanic and giving it to most classes, with different flavors depending on class (mystic has one also, but it's an area heal tick instead of damage tick).

You channel for 1 s, then it sets off a wave of damage in front of you every .6 sec for 5 waves while leaving you free to cast other skills. It would be a nice way to get in some big burst damage at the cost of sparks if true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    However...at what cost? Say I start at full chi with Awaken ready...For 4 sparks (5 if you want to IG and have genie energy left to get out or extend immune Barrage duration) I can be one Condor away from immune 3 spark barrage.
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can still walk away from a triple/double spark barrage to be out of its damage range pretty quickly.

If Burnout is correct in saying you could do other stuff at the same time, though, you can imagine the damage of a Barrage + this other skill (similar or possibly superior damage to a double/triple sparked barrage, possibly the dmg ticks would land at same time to create super-hits) with the added bonus of being hard to get away from. An 80% slow is actually quite substantial. When they see a barrage, most people either think 'run away', or 'run towards'. Either of these reactions will fall flat if combined with this new aoe. Run back, but running soooo slowly, means more barrage/new aoe ticks land, increasing chance of killing target. Run towards, get even more dmg ticks in (takes them longer to reach your melee range) and if they get their, your 2nd aoe is still doing full damage! Ouch.

Moar pity party plz Quilue.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can still walk away from a triple/double spark barrage to be out of its damage range pretty quickly.

If Burnout is correct in saying you could do other stuff at the same time, though, you can imagine the damage of a Barrage + this other skill (similar or possibly superior damage to a double/triple sparked barrage, possibly the dmg ticks would land at same time to create super-hits) with the added bonus of being hard to get away from. An 80% slow is actually quite substantial. When they see a barrage, most people either think 'run away', or 'run towards'. Either of these reactions will fall flat if combined with this new aoe. Run back, but running soooo slowly, means more barrage/new aoe ticks land, increasing chance of killing target. Run towards, get even more dmg ticks in (takes them longer to reach your melee range) and if they get their, your 2nd aoe is still doing full damage! Ouch.

That skill is not a passive aoe. The 5 shots are during the 2.5s cast time. Each shot does around half the damage of a normal arrow so it's about same dps as firing normal arrows.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    That skill is not a passive aoe. The 5 shots are during the 2.5s cast time. Each shot does around half the damage of a normal arrow so it's about same dps as firing normal arrows.

Oh snap. You archers really did get screwed then. Only one thing left to do...

*points and laughs at archers* BWHAGHAHAGAHA b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh snap. You archers really did get screwed then. Only one thing left to do...

*points and laughs at archers* BWHAGHAHAGAHA b:bye

It's not like they really need any buffs to begin with.
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    devs dont want us to have usefull skills, we have our auto attack yay lol.

I want somethign to buff defence at the very least soon lol, other claasses get cranked up dmg skills lol.

Lol most of the time I prefer archers to use their skills they slow yall down. Auto Atk can get like 3-4 shots in on me before I notice them. I was fighting an archer on my veno and i won every time until they started using their auto shot from beginning, but It was a slingshot.
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013

If you're in a faction that's any good, you have someone toss off a stun...

Or you barrage a cat, a tower, spawn, or someone **** enough to immune and stand there. Also, Mountain's Seize would like a talk with this 2 spark 80% slow. Wizards can toss MT and BIDS off within the 3s of this so called ice spray + barrage channel, even if they could be cast simultaneously.

Not really pity party, just saying 3 spark Barrage is probably more damage over several waves. It would probably have uses if you're not in a good position to barrage but would like a decent chance to roll for AOE purge.