Nice Update for CoA Event

Options
Clokey - Harshlands
Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
edited October 2013 in General Discussion
now melee DD cant do COA? not only Sins, im talking about BMs Barb Seekers too... we need to do 25 Spark to kill a boss?

with R9rr 4aps as 5 min to kill a boss? and what about Magic boss? inmunne damage can do boss normal without buff for magic DD? this is fair game? omg nice one gms... no more coa for Melee DD
Post edited by Clokey - Harshlands on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    now melee DD cant do COA? not only Sins, im talking about BMs Barb Seekers too... we need to do 25 Spark to kill a boss?

with R9rr 4aps as 5 min to kill a boss? and what about Magic boss? inmunne damage can do boss normal without buff for magic DD? this is fair game? omg nice one gms... no more coa for Melee DD

Boo Hoo, it takes you longer to kill a boss. Is this what this game has come to? Some microwave community complaining whenever something is changed that makes it even slightly longer to kill things that shouldn't be easy to kill in the first place?

Really?
  • Demonangle - Raging Tide
    Demonangle - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    is it guna stay like that or is it like a bug?
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Some microwave community complaining whenever something is changed that makes it even slightly longer to kill things that shouldn't be easy to kill in the first place?

Really?

what about magic DD? make a buff for magic DD too on immune damage then... now barbs can kill bosses there? maybe 1 in 3 hours

coa today take more than 1 hour, all melee DD leave the coa, for this buff, I cant use my R9 cause ill kill me myself my bp is not enough, or I need to waste alot crabs to keep me alive... so why I go to coa? to pay everything that I get from it on crabs? so bye bye coa
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! All the casters and archers on west coast are gonna take over COA b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    OP has a point; this will only make COA rings more expensive for people.

Every day I hear people QQing about hurr durr aps greed when they don't even realize the fundamental economic principle of trade: An aps farmer sin is tremendously high-efficiency for farming COA bosses. Due to the old base cost of COA rings (10mil on my server) it's also a good farm with excellent returns at a high speed that lowers the opportunity cost of producing other goods, such as TT mats or EXP rooms. What does this mean? He will be willing to accept a trade for a lot less than a toon/squad that takes longer and requires greater profit-splitting. This lowers the cost of desired product (COA rings) and therefore people can actually obtain them for less work producing other goods than they would have if they simply traded for COA rings.

I never appreciated APS so fully as when I started taking AP macroeconomics; APS moves the PPF of a farmable instance like COA WAYYYYYY out, while non-aps'ers can never reach that level of efficiency and productivity, resulting in a flatlined PPF that makes it cheaper and cheaper (as farmers upgrade their average gear level) for people to obtain items, thus driving economic growth. b:dirty Seriously, look at this from a point of view of efficiency and scarcity and you'll see how bad buffing COA is.

In fact, I say revert high TTs to their previous TT90 gear requirement level so we can get alts geared for even cheaper b:dirty and even more people can be on-par gear wise.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    OP has a point; this will only make COA rings more expensive for people.

Nah. COA ring price is determined by supply and demand. COA automatically ends once a certain number of mobs are killed. Since the number of mobs is constant and they drop a fixed number of orbs the supply is fixed as long as CoA finishes before the 1hr expiration.

With a fixed supply the prices will be constant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    This is one of the best updates!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    gg. r9rr archers OP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Its a good thing I don't do COA.

I get wanting to make bosses/mobs be a bit harder to kill, but seriously making them take so long that EVERYTHING favors a DPH class/build... is just so... ftl. <<

I also understand its not until you near end game that the hits from DPH becomes so great that it surpasses that of what full fledged apsing is capable off. I know DPH never really out-shined DPS (EDIT: In PVE... but pvp... just wow *waves white flag*), but still it seems at this rate it will only be a matter of time before meleers decide to ignore those classes all together. (I know insanely unlikely)

Perhaps I am overreacting... one thing is for sure though its annoying how things keep getting harder for those who don't have insanely awesome gear/refines, thanks to the uber powerful wanting things to be more challenging again. (My suggestion: Quit revamping old instances, make new ones with better rewards/the 'new' harder bosses/mobs that 'ruin' the effectiveness of aps.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options

well if you knew anything about coa, there are different types of bosses in there not just melee. At one point I was tanking 2 bosses and 2 of those nablet dmg immune mobs at the same time. That was the most fun I had in a while.

Oh and btw if it took you 5 mins to kill those bosses with r9 much less s2 or s3 you are beyond fail. Restat to mag, you might be a better sin
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    gg. r9rr archers OP.

Actually, if heart shatter debuff works on those mobs, seekers will pretty much dominate the instance, not archers.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Nah. COA ring price is determined by supply and demand. COA automatically ends once a certain number of mobs are killed. Since the number of mobs is constant and they drop a fixed number of orbs the supply is fixed as long as CoA finishes before the 1hr expiration.

With a fixed supply the prices will be constant.

You're forgetting the cost of time, which is significantly higher now.
    Channels

• Salari - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You're forgetting the cost of time, which is significantly higher now.

it took right at an hour for coa to end on rt's tonight, which is about 15-20mins longer than usual, not very significant seeing quite a few nabs left coa when they saw the dmg reduction debuff on bosses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    it took right at an hour for coa to end on rt's tonight, which is about 15-20mins longer than usual, not very significant seeing quite a few nabs left coa when they saw the dmg reduction debuff on bosses

Do you mean that brown color anti aps buff - like seen on bh seat boss?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Do you mean that brown color anti aps buff - like seen on bh seat boss?

Yes. It is exactly that buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yes. It is exactly that buff.

That is good news for me ^^
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That is good news for me ^^

I farm COA mainly for books and shards not so much profit, so the more that leave means more time in there to get more drops. There are two drops now. It is a bit of a mix of the old COA with a couple additions. The only main difference in the bosses is the dmg reduction and self buffs, but they hit about the same. There are two types of drops as well. The second drop is for a a couple quests you can do and also turn in at the end for exp or holy pill sets. 20 drops for 1 pill set or exp. I was in there with a veno and I got a tad over 400 drops for tags b:victory and 4 pill sets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • magmabeast
    magmabeast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So yet again the winners are the archer who gets the big end of the stick... The developpers like those elves a little too much in my book......
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Options
    well if you knew anything about coa, there are different types of bosses in there not just melee. At one point I was tanking 2 bosses and 2 of those nablet dmg immune mobs at the same time. That was the most fun I had in a while.

Oh and btw if it took you 5 mins to kill those bosses with r9 much less s2 or s3 you are beyond fail. Restat to mag, you might be a better sin

few questions/ whats ur wep? did u do coa tonigh? u was tanking 2 normal mobs and 2 immune? hahahaha lol ok this is not my point, tank is easy. what boss u was killing? the worns? lol I was killing the 3 arms boss, the best boss in coa

and magic? lol 3 magic 580 dex
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options

Is that so?

<not a farmer, can only go with w/e I hear
    Channels

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    That's pretty stupid. APS gear is so outdated now it's just pointless to try to nerf it at this point. If it has no place in PvP might as well make it somewhat useful in PvE...but it looks like even that is going away.

So where would the market for TT99s, R8R armor be now? (not to mention the 40 atk lv claws.)
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    The center room bosses (Edge and Blade) hit harder than before. They also heal, although I think that may be from the anti-aps buff triggering.

Death Knights seemed unchanged. Poison Tail Occultist gets magic attack buff like caster spark.
  • magmabeast
    magmabeast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Im not sure if its if you take too much time killing em or at a certain hp but yeah they spark gaining health and damage buff for a while especially painfull since i was stuck with a melee aps toon in there.... ARcher aps toon toon will do great as r999 archer.

On another subject the other drop seems to be exchaged 20 for 1 of each type of pill for meridian or for exp for my 102 bm was 8000 xp per item not sure if its fixed or lv related
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Boo Hoo, it takes you longer to kill a boss. Is this what this game has come to? Some microwave community complaining whenever something is changed that makes it even slightly longer to kill things that shouldn't be easy to kill in the first place?

Really?

25x 18s = 450s = 7,5mins.

Usually it was 3x 18s + 60s (spawntimer) = 114s.

Compared to 450s + 60s = 510s.

114s/510s * 100% = 22.4%.

Meaning If player who said it takes 25 spark cycles is true and they are geared to ~point I am, we are talking quite massive nerf in fact.

I dunno what was changed, felt sick and napped and noticed CoA had been done when I woke up. But saying like we are talking bout small change is absurd. Oh well, least I got TT.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • SeaI - Sanctuary
    SeaI - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Out of all the changes pwi has made, this truly was the most unwelcome changed, sure for those who are r999 +9 archers, seekers, & any AA they loved it, but for the rest of us non cash shoppers / merchants. what? we gotta do tt before u guys decide to give the bosses that annoying buff, in that instance too? & maybe Fcc & whatever is left of nirvana as well?

seriously those that liked to farm just got completely screwed tonight, by the time Coa ended half my friends who went in their came out with broken fist / daggers ( mine from full derabilitiy was at half )

My only question is, when are u guys gonna revert it back to normal?
  • VKnightV - Lost City
    VKnightV - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    never

we do not need aps anymore

the only reason to this buff i bet is to make aps useless

they could have just given bosses this buff when ppl start aps but ooh well

apser screwed the dph melee classes ty b:laugh
  • demans
    demans Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    sure for those who are r999 +9 archers, seekers, & any AA they loved it, but for the rest of us non cash shoppers / merchants. what?

Implying you cant be a r999 archer seeker or AA class without being a non CSer/merchant.....b:laugh Go farm your TT/lunar/ whatever it is you apsers do, ill tack this instance to one of the things my AA class char can do(efficiently) now.
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Annnnd my avatar reset on me, this my char btw to show im not hiding behind some faceless toon.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I get wanting to make bosses/mobs be a bit harder to kill, but seriously making them take so long that EVERYTHING favors a DPH class/build... is just so... ftl. <<

So, DPH class build is now PVE oriented build ?
    I know DPH never really out-shined DPS ...

Or they just try to balance this game ?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Awww you poor melees. I'm sorry for you, you never had the chance to run 5 min nirvanas either. b:sad

No seriously, go home lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~