Nice Update for CoA Event

Options

Comments

• Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    My only real concern is that now lower level physical classes get the short end of the stick in a massive way trying to do anything in there.

I agree, COA is not a end game instance, but PW-CN has turned it into one. The revamp is nice, but not needed. They should have put a level limit on it to 80-99 or lower.

DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Does it occur to anyone that maybe they want us to work together? Last night I squaded with a barb and we did ok working together on the boss./

This, I always go in solo but always add randoms that come walking around looking for a spot. I target Barbs BM's and Casters, and sometimes under-geared sins/seekers. I don't farm there for profit, just for pages and shards. I am very aware the damage that has been done to low lvl instances like this from end game toons and aps sins and how alot of the casters i see just do the bh quest in there now. But others even former faction mats will outright refuse to squad with another.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    now melee DD cant do COA? not only Sins, im talking about BMs Barb Seekers too... we need to do 25 Spark to kill a boss?

with R9rr 4aps as 5 min to kill a boss? and what about Magic boss? inmunne damage can do boss normal without buff for magic DD? this is fair game? omg nice one gms... no more coa for Melee DD

Learn something more than just 3 spark and hit hit hit

Krisnda wrote: »
    Boo Hoo, it takes you longer to kill a boss. Is this what this game has come to? Some microwave community complaining whenever something is changed that makes it even slightly longer to kill things that shouldn't be easy to kill in the first place?

Really?

emotions are understandable yet being a mod such responses are not expected, your here to pacify any issue not to taunt or point out a particular class or person....

With every update there will be a group of people who like it, and there will be a group who wont like it so we all need to keep up with it...
    OPKossy wrote: »
    My only real concern is that now lower level physical classes get the short end of the stick in a massive way trying to do anything in there.

It's fine and good for any well geared player able to skill spam (or archers/seekers and casters who have it beyond easy in there now). However for any lower levels that used to be able to at least get a worm to themselves and work on farming pages for their skills.... well... now they're kinda completely screwed in there.

And to those saying casters didn't get to do anything in CoA before, I'd just like to point out there were quite a few bosses that were immune to physical damage while being relatively easy kills for casters. Still find it a shame that now physical classes have to compete in a DPH playstyle where they're already far behind in yet another part of the game but I suppose that's how things are going now.

Being a wizard since like july 2008, i have seen enough of ingame racism to know how to deal with it, CoA was once upon a time in existent or lets say not that common, we still got our 99 skills and 92 skills, by farming delta and Cube, the game has numerous ways for people to get their gears and skills done, rather than them QQ ng on forums, think of different ways to get your stuff done...

As for the CoA update ? well i farmed for profit on my sin, now i farm on my Wizard and have the option to use my Archer as well, totally depends on me xD
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Being a wizard since like july 2008, i have seen enough of ingame racism to know how to deal with it, CoA was once upon a time in existent or lets say not that common, we still got our 99 skills and 92 skills, by farming delta and Cube, the game has numerous ways for people to get their gears and skills done, rather than them QQ ng on forums, think of different ways to get your stuff done...

As for the CoA update ? well i farmed for profit on my sin, now i farm on my Wizard and have the option to use my Archer as well, totally depends on me xD

Having played all classes from before PWI came about, I also know full well on that.

However, the game is also a completely different one now than it was then. Try forming a Delta squad of upper 8X/low 9X and you'll be sitting around alone for a long time. Especially if you choose to do a full run and not just try to sneak your way into a BH squad (who shall discriminate against your level/gear and likely not stick around). Yet back then we did deltas in TT90 and mold/3* gear all the time and had enough people around that getting the squads wasn't difficult.

Tourney is dominated in every server in both the 8X and 90-105 brackets by the overgeared. Nobody who needs to farm their stuff will be able to do so in there as they'll be killed within the first round. Cube is an okay alternative but will still take a rather large amount of time (A month per RANDOM skill book) unless the person has coin to throw at it... in which case they wouldn't need to be farming it as they could likely buy their skills and shards outright.

Like I said, for the higher leveled and overgeared players, this isn't really an issue. It's a bit sad that melees are now forced to compete against DPH classes in DPH but they'll live. I can practically AFK on a seeker in there with multiple bosses and have someone pick drops for me if I'd like. Or use an archer and take advantage of everything. This is not a problem for those with high-end gear in the slightest.

... but CoA was supposed to be a 60+ instance. The incredibly powerful blessing given to lower levels to bridge the gap and allow them to deal meaningful damage in there so that even they can do some farming was a testament to that. However with this revamp, that option has been removed as even the worms, mobs that were a holy grail for the lowbies that wanted to farm in there, are now a thing those lower levels now have to struggle even MORE against. That is where my biggest criticism lies and what I'm most annoyed about.

If the devs want an endgame farming instance, that's great! But they shouldn't punish those who aren't there yet to do it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So devs go piece by piece killing of sins. I`m gonna do comparison to archers as they are both physical damage DD classes.

1vs1 PvP, there sin is still gonna roll archers, no question bout it. Lot of CC, stealth, high dps. We make it group PvP and I doubt anybody would argue that archers are better at that. I would consider it fairly balanced there.

Before sins dealt more damage in PvE but had worse skills to help squads damage output. Anybody who argues like SS is even remotely as useful as STA/BV is an idiot. We can argue if sins dealt too much damage by comparison but I cant bother going there. But for said DD classes to be balanced, sins have to have an edge over archers in some way. Now they dont, I would almost bet w/o math on archers doing more dps than sins skill spamming, even if you abuse sins ridiculous chi regen for sparks. Archers are better for squad, they also are ranged vs melee. Honestly, even stealth is not a big deal for PvE to sins, geared archers just pull with WoG + holypath and stealth if they want to move like a sin. Point being, soon there really wont be any reason to roll sin for anything but small scale PK as the class is outdone even in farming instances.

Ps. Just give me few bosses w/o that new buff that arent physical immune and I`m happy, let the non +12 ppl get screwed.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Does it occur to anyone that maybe they want us to work together? Last night I squaded with a barb and we did ok working together on the boss.

I don't agree. It's better to do it solo so you can actually get something worth out of it.

• Cereliia - Archosaur
    Cereliia - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I rarely do coa on my bm just for lack of motivation. I have always accepted that my bm would ofc be out damage by sins, that's the way it is supposed to be. Regardless of this i kept my bm with 2 (3 sets even sometimes) of full gear for different farming purposes, full thirdcast r9 for pvp and tanking and additionally a set of full aps gear for aps tanking and farming. When i squad when my friends to chat during coa, (thirdcast aps sins) its about average that they end up 2-4 mobs ahead of me depending on the mobs we all have. While i didn't have the opportunity to solo a boss last night (yay pathetic people with an obsession to stalk me to try to kos b:chuckle) Just dding on a boss alone after my friend had quit, the damage as a bm was pathetic, sure i could have set up an aoe macro in my rank 9 but at that rate even with 2x i likely would have walked out with like 3 pages. (a fantastic way to limit the market i suppose) To be honest all this did to me as a bm is pushed me further down the list of relevant classes as a bms damage output is **** compared to that of virtually every other class in this instance. mages have their advantage and immune mobs again so them being excluded, Archers now rule coa, followed by seekers and sins then barbs and bms.

I love playing my bm but coa is now pointless for bms and most barbs. Now i can only pray for a revamp for bms and barbs and something to do on Wednesday evenings
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Boo Hoo, it takes you longer to kill a boss. Is this what this game has come to? Some microwave community complaining whenever something is changed that makes it even slightly longer to kill things that shouldn't be easy to kill in the first place?

Really?

i dont do forums often so i dont know if this is your "normal" sort of response, but for me this is very poor form for a person of moderator quality.

in regards to COA, i am still looking for the information about the update/changes. nice to have random surprise changes to instances. but totally expected from PWI.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You guys should move to sanctuary. We used to take 10~20 minutes in coa.

Way to exaggerate. CoA has never even come close to finishing in 10 minutes. Typically it would take 25 minutes, 30 on a slow night.
    Even if you take casters, it will take another 2~6 weeks to get back to 20 minutes killing time. In the meantime, people who have op casters can get 1k~1.6k orbs easily.

Two +12 R999 archers and a Mystic in the big room and we didn't quite clear 1k orbs each, your figures just don't match reality.
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Anti-APS in CoA?!?

Makes CoA worth doing for Kitty again as T3+10 5APS can't killsteal so easily anymore giving Kitty a chance to actually get some orbs. Finally time to utilize those DPH-skills Kitty's trained on to maximize single-hit damage. Obsession towards Power Rankings becomes useful at last f:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Way to exaggerate. CoA has never even come close to finishing in 10 minutes. Typically it would take 25 minutes, 30 on a slow night.

Sometimes in 2x days, it used to take 10 minutes. About 5~6 months back. People taking part in public quests has dropped recently.

Two +12 R999 archers and a Mystic in the big room and we didn't quite clear 1k orbs each, your figures just don't match reality.

In our faction, a mystic did solo dd, he dd'ed on 2~3 bosses, and he got 1.4k orbs. Archers may be OP, i have no clue how the melee damage would go against them. But previously the same mystic used to get 400~600 orbs. Now the time it takes is 2~3 times as much, so it possible to get 2~3 times more orbs.

Just because an archer is r9 3rd cast +12, does not mean they can land more dd power compared to a veno, mystic on these specific bosses with same refines.

My BM got 400, if the new buffs were not there, this would be 1.2k~1.8k for me, as a solo bm in 2x. Assuming things get scaled, but the numbers are fixed, so i would still get 400 b:cry.

Sadly you are not in our faction, but do ask people in other factions, especially venos and mystics, that are +10~+12 what they got. I would guess they do better dd than archers and other classes. Because the time it takes other classes to kill one boss, they can kill 2 bosses. They will always come out ahead.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Anti-APS in CoA?!?

Makes CoA worth doing for Kitty again as T3+10 5APS can't killsteal so easily anymore giving Kitty a chance to actually get some orbs. Finally time to utilize those DPH-skills Kitty's trained on to maximize single-hit damage. Obsession towards Power Rankings becomes useful at last f:cute

Anti aps? More like its ANTI-MELEE period. Quit acting like it's only hurting one specific thing... it's runing game play all together for all meleers. (<-- Bit of a hyperbole... but still... anti melee buffs bosses/even some mobs are getting as of late is just so annoying. xD)

---

That aside... I know I have never been to coa, but I remember the early levels, way back in the day, it was casters that were killstealing melees 'kill's' their range + harder hits is/was and always has been/will be far better for killing things in 1-3 shots (depending on the gear of the caster/what mob they are fighting. Both the extra range + harder hits allowed the casters a lot easier time killing mobs without too much effort... again depending on gear of caster/mob their killing.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Anti aps? More like its ANTI-MELEE period.

It isn't "anti melee period". It is "anti auto (normal) attack from melee DD" which is better read as your typical APSER. Trust me on this one. Plenty of times going into warsong on both barb and seeker doing Wood Pav where the mobs have this buff. I've watched sins and bms hit mobs with that buff and do next to nothing on them. Meanwhile I throw a few skills out and whaddya know.. the buff does not effect skills at all. Skills spam/combo style = DPH. You have to go DPH style against that buff. If you're not doing much with skills, maybe you need to level them or consider adding more STR back into your build.

Fortification Draughts, earned through PV, give the same exact buff for a short duration. The description on them clearly states that it reduces damage from "normal" attacks (read as no-skill usage) by 75%. Weather this is the exact amplitude of the buff given to mobs and bosses is anyone's guess. However, I thought everyone knew that the buff only affected normal attacks and not skill usage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    Misturo - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Im a sin and I think this is alright update for it. It actually gives other people chance to get some points, too than just sins and bms etc etc.

QQing about the God of Frenzy? Yeah i have it on my daggers too, so what? I get free HP pots from the Divine quest so im completely fine with them and if it comes too difficult, grab a cleric to your squad to heal you every now and then. Or just switch daggers.

PWI wants to make bosses and events more fair, so be it. Just gotta accept what they do or leave game. No one is forcing anyone to stay. Or make a poll, maybe they'll notice it.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It isn't "anti melee period". It is "anti auto (normal) attack from melee DD" which is better read as your typical APSER. Trust me on this one. Plenty of times going into warsong on both barb and seeker doing Wood Pav where the mobs have this buff. I've watched sins and bms hit mobs with that buff and do next to nothing on them. Meanwhile I throw a few skills out and whaddya know.. the buff does not effect skills at all. Skills spam/combo style = DPH. You have to go DPH style against that buff. If you're not doing much with skills, maybe you need to level them or consider adding more STR back into your build.

Fortification Draughts, earned through PV, give the same exact buff for a short duration. The description on them clearly states that it reduces damage from "normal" attacks (read as no-skill usage) by 75%. Weather this is the exact amplitude of the buff given to mobs and bosses is anyone's guess. However, I thought everyone knew that the buff only affected normal attacks and not skill usage.

I don't classify skill use as 'melee'... ergo the "ANTI-MELEE" term I used... still the lack of an auto attack for chi on a bm... is like taking away the distance ability of casters... it just leaves so many people scratching their head for what to do to adapt to the changes so they can be as effective as possible. Sure most people will adapt, but it will still leave a foul taste in their 'mouth'/thought in their head/feeling in their heart. (Yes both is/would be adaptable too... but still... this 'buff' is just so... (for the lack of a better word) awful. xD

I do understand it only effects 'normal' attacks... I knew that from the first day I seen it actually, but I am getting tired of it being put into the game, causing meleers to try to compete a bit in the DPH department... which so isn't all that feasible at all. (Exaggerating a bit... I do know meleers don't always have to compete in the dph departement but still... its annoying.)

EDIT: This isn't even mentioning how poor the melee skill spam is... esspecially compared to that of casters, archers, and even seekers.

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Im a sin and I think this is alright update for it. It actually gives other people chance to get some points, too than just sins and bms etc etc.

QQing about the God of Frenzy? Yeah i have it on my daggers too, so what? I get free HP pots from the Divine quest so im completely fine with them and if it comes too difficult, grab a cleric to your squad to heal you every now and then. Or just switch daggers.

PWI wants to make bosses and events more fair, so be it. Just gotta accept what they do or leave game. No one is forcing anyone to stay. Or make a poll, maybe they'll notice it.

fair game? fair game when caster can take immune boss and go to ur boss, kill ur boss (cause u never will deal better damage than him with this buff for melee) and take items and kill immune and u need just to watch cause u cant hit the immune and no good damage on normal? then why pwi make bosses immune to phys damage there? make all boss normal and put buff for melee... I wanna see u killing boss without normal hit as sin, just using skills, I think that u don't know nothing about sins on pvp and pve...
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    fair game? fair game when caster can take immune boss and go to ur boss, kill ur boss (cause u never will deal better damage than him with this buff for melee) and take items and kill immune and u need just to watch cause u cant hit the immune and no good damage on normal? then why pwi make bosses immune to phys damage there? make all boss normal and put buff for melee... I wanna see u killing boss without normal hit as sin, just using skills, I think that u don't know nothing about sins on pvp and pve...

About "never will deal better damage than him" - this remind me something like Assassin in TT, where melee attackers preferable.
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Options
    About "never will deal better damage than him" - this remind me something like Assassin in TT, where melee attackers preferable.

im talking about CoA and buff anti melee on bosses
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think that u don't know nothing about sins on pvp and pve...

I love it how you say I know nothing about sins on pvp and pve just because I can accept the things pwi does? If you wanna QQ about it, then be my guest and rage quit the game.

You still got TTs and stuff to farm, many other things too. So what if casters take over one event? Make a caster yourself and play with that instead if its such a big deal. Event are there to have fun, not to be greedy about. Well, thats what they used to be meant for at least.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options
    im talking about CoA and buff anti melee on bosses

I am talking about fair game, when some instances can be done with help of Arcane classes, some with help of melee classes.

Yesterday was event to kill some boss ... I even not saw those boss, because he had been killed before moment, when I could see it.

May be, just may be there were boss killers.
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Yesterday was event to kill some boss ... I even not saw those boss, because he had been killed before moment, when I could see it.

When I got there, the boss was already flying above archosaur, nearly in the middle. When it was dying, the one who had aggro kept wanting to move the boss around for fun. It got above banker in South until it finally died.

Sanctuary, full of trolls. Still, kinda love it here. b:chuckle
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I love it how you say I know nothing about sins on pvp and pve just because I can accept the things pwi does? If you wanna QQ about it, then be my guest and rage quit the game.

You still got TTs and stuff to farm, many other things too. So what if casters take over one event? Make a caster yourself and play with that instead if its such a big deal. Event are there to have fun, not to be greedy about. Well, thats what they used to be meant for at least.

yes this is from pve server, u know how to do pvp thats why u r in pve server, farm TT? hahahahaha in x2 u cant farm TT the drops killing bosses and don't get anything. and u do coa? u know that pwi have few class, bms (melee) wiz (caster) sin (melee) psy (caster) barbs (melee) veno (caster) ect... a lot ppl don't like caster class, and alot ppl don't like melee class. so ill make a class that I don't like cause pwi want to make everything for casters? so this is fair game and balanced? only R9rr can do something in this game, low lv? hahahaha nothing to do, except buy FC, do pv and beg for help to do BHs just that. how u can get skills if u cant do coa?
    I am talking about fair game, when some instances can be done with help of Arcane classes, some with help with melee classes.

May be, just may be there were boss killers.

then cause ppl prefer melee DD for TT pwi will make bosses in TT anti-melee? then pwi need to remove from game all melee DD and lets make pwi just for casters wiii better game better pwi going to ruin :D b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options
    When I got there, the boss was already flying above archosaur, nearly in the middle. When it was dying, the one who had aggro kept wanting to move the boss around for fun. It got above banker in South until it finally died.

Sanctuary, full of trolls. Still, kinda love it here. b:chuckle

There were some chests and few players (near npc), that could open them.

Some barbarian asked nearby: "Where is boss ?"
    Answer:"He is killed already."

then cause ppl prefer melee DD for TT pwi will make bosses in TT anti-melee? then pwi need to remove from game all melee DD and lets make pwi just for casters wiii better game better pwi going to ruin :D b:victoryb:victoryb:victoryb:victory

Why remove melee or casters ?

I say about FAIR game, when player have equal right to play in game independent from chosen character, without discrimination.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What I find most hilarious about this is the amount of sins and bms complaining that casters (depending on gear setup) now deal more damage than them - in this particular instance. However - how many non-aps built meleers have been in there and been KS'd every single time by the APSers? How many of the sins that are here complaining have been guilty of KSing other people in the past - justifying their actions as "im trying to farm a ring" or some other such excuse. Nevermind the fact that the person you just KS'd - who is also entirely capable of soloing his/her boss - is also trying to farm for stuff. APSers have had how many years of dominating CoA as solo farmers? Remember that barbs, unless they were squishy fist build, got shafted for the most part on Nirvana runs and only really wanted for buffs. Maybe the non-aps barb can actually get a leg up now..

Of course, I never really make the event any more these days due to work scheduling conflicts. However, I think think its a bit ironic that the class most notorious for KSing other people in CoA is now susceptible to having the same thing done to them - and they don't like it one bit. So, if you happened to be one of those KSers in CoA and now it is happening to you - then you're reaping what you've sowed. Perhaps try making a squad, which is AFAIK how it was originally intended to be done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    yes this is from pve server, u know how to do pvp thats why u r in pve server, farm TT? hahahahaha in x2 u cant farm TT the drops killing bosses and don't get anything. and u do coa? u know that pwi have few class, bms (melee) wiz (caster) sin (melee) psy (caster) barbs (melee) veno (caster) ect... a lot ppl don't like caster class, and alot ppl don't like melee class. so ill make a class that I don't like cause pwi want to make everything for casters? so this is fair game and balanced? only R9rr can do something in this game, low lv? hahahaha nothing to do, except buy FC, do pv and beg for help to do BHs just that. how u can get skills if u cant do coa?

Nothing to do at low level? Youre wrong. And the fact im in PvE server, does it make much of a difference? We still have possibility to go PK and we have our TW and NW stuff too.

PWI used to not even have these stupid hyper EXP stones, people hated and loved it when it came up. Now we have this dating thing on pwi, some love it some hate it. People just have to get used to whats going on. As long as there are people, aka some casters in this situations, who like it, it will stay.

Lot of ways for you to make money. Many people buy exp rooms, you can farm TT even though for some reason it feels a bit crappy, you can do the NW and get still decent amount of tokens even with bad gears, cause it also counts when you get hit hard. Oh and dont forget merchanting.

I dont see your issue, youre crying about one event? There are manymany other events on server too. I think its alright that melee classes arent the most immortal OP ones all the time, that psychics or wizards or even clerics have their chance, too. Since they most likely cant do many things sins or other melee classes can. Thats what I meant with being equal.

Do you really need me to keep on with how stupid your crying is? Youre just making yourself look dumb here. I am a sin, a melee DD, and I dont care if casters get one event. If i cant shine in one event, I might shine it other.

Keep on crying.. Eventually no one's listening.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What I find most hilarious about this is the amount of sins and bms complaining that casters (depending on gear setup) now deal more damage than them - in this particular instance. However - how many non-aps built meleers have been in there and been KS'd every single time by the APSers? How many of the sins that are here complaining have been guilty of KSing other people in the past - justifying their actions as "im trying to farm a ring" or some other such excuse. Nevermind the fact that the person you just KS'd - who is also entirely capable of soloing his/her boss - is also trying to farm for stuff. APSers have had how many years of dominating CoA as solo farmers? Remember that barbs, unless they were squishy fist build, got shafted for the most part on Nirvana runs and only really wanted for buffs. Maybe the non-aps barb can actually get a leg up now..

Of course, I never really make the event any more these days due to work scheduling conflicts. However, I think think its a bit ironic that the class most notorious for KSing other people in CoA is now susceptible to having the same thing done to them - and they don't like it one bit. So, if you happened to be one of those KSers in CoA and now it is happening to you - then you're reaping what you've sowed. Perhaps try making a squad, which is AFAIK how it was originally intended to be done.

How often has a caster/ranged DD k'sed a melee DD?

As far is doing more damage than meleers... they always have... at least as far as DPH goes... which is something I am sure you are well aware of. xD

Again though coa change isn't my issue... its the buff becoming so mainstream, that it has practically rendered auto attacking to be useless in so many ways its just not even funny to me.

• Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    What I find most hilarious about this is the amount of sins and bms complaining that casters (depending on gear setup) now deal more damage than them - in this particular instance. However - how many non-aps built meleers have been in there and been KS'd every single time by the APSers?

you're missing a few key points:

1. an APS set of armor/gear sucks especially with r9s3 typical aps gear is 1 shottable, this requires havign 1 set of armor for APS and 1 for everything else (not to mention rerolling interval is quite a challange); all while casters have 1 obvious do-all set of gear endgame; lets not forget with the even stronger set bonuses an APS user is 50-60+ atk levels short of a caster right off the bat..and 100 stat points just from bonus..

2. anyone remember the term glass cannon? no they dont anymore because wiz has more pdef and mdef than a LA class, the point was arcanes were suppose to be squishy, badly scaling buffs and new gear made casters less squishy then LA/HA in many situations
    2.a range- being melee is a damn drawback when hitting/tanking- range should be a benefit with a cost

3. arcanes were always DPH, arcane weapons never had a special buff like non AA weps, this was balanced with a higher attack range though- scaled to make up for various weapon procs, aa procs or not- they are designed to win in DPH

4. the "brokenness" of APS was established long before tideborn even came out, that they would offer a class with amazing potential then every update strip that potential (and of course mislead other APS classes) away when all the "OPness" of it was well known beforehand... is misleading at best and **** at worst

also this new instance has similar issues, it seems to be a quickly multiplying issue where every new thing gets phys immunes or melee reduce or brambles
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    u know how to do pvp thats why u r in pve server

Oh look! It's that old argument again!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Misturo - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Oh look! It's that old argument again!

It comes up every now and then, what can you do? b:chuckle

6jniol.gif
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    wow. CoA-rings... so retro lolz
    Didn't see a main on lost city server with a CoA-ring for a while (maybe already years now..??)..
    For casters there is no use for CoA-rings btw., except maybe for totally outdated ha venos.. And who would high-end refine a CoA-ring for defence nowadays when you can get way better rings.

Imo the worse problem we got with the last patches is, that most pve content isn't WORTH to do anymore. Now they even killed treasure map quests.

Once the F2P community was doing the PvE content to compete with the CSers. We had the working class and the lazy-as.s-CSers ("nuuuu, I won't do PvE-**** for ya! b:angry"). And it was ok with me.

Now everyone has to do all PvE content by their own or someone has to open packs for gear = the F2P farmer community can't offer a service anymore (at least not for a reasonable income).

What we need are upgrades on tradable rewards, nothing else. And we should be able to get every type of gear and weapon in game also by doing PvE (including e.g. Matchless Wings).
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited September 2013
    Options
    1. an APS set of armor/gear sucks especially with r9s3 typical aps gear is 1 shottable, this requires havign 1 set of armor for APS and 1 for everything else (not to mention rerolling interval is quite a challange); all while casters have 1 obvious do-all set of gear endgame; lets not forget with the even stronger set bonuses an APS user is 50-60+ atk levels short of a caster right off the bat..and 100 stat points just from bonus..

PvP vs PVE gear ...

Here is Wizard, switching gear to increase damage output:

Fast forward and now days wizard is arguably one of the "easier" classes to be able to use (well I guess they all are). That said I'm obviously not that great at gear swapping (this video was literally the first time I tried putting this build into use in a TW setting). But for me, I now have something to improve upon that is of interest in PWI, too bad Ive basically quit, asides from the occasional TW. (As I'm sure many players have/will/are doing). That said this is for anyone who is looking for something to do/is interested enough have fun w/ it.

2. anyone remember the term glass cannon? no they dont anymore because wiz has more pdef and mdef than a LA class, the point was arcanes were suppose to be squishy, badly scaling buffs and new gear made casters less squishy then LA/HA in many situations

How much is cost of Wizard's gear ?

As I know ... they pay not less than melee and they have ability to be interrupted by skills/hits of enemy:
    miggit999 wrote: »
    Throughout playing my wizard, my skills keep getting interrupted randomly even when enemies have no channeling interrupting abilities. This is horrible and has led to several deaths. Why does it keep happening and how do I stop it?

2.a range- being melee is a damn drawback when hitting/tanking- range should be a benefit with a cost

Close range attackers for Wizards are bad .... and ?

Archers too *Edit*

3. arcanes were always DPH, arcane weapons never had a special buff like non AA weps, this was balanced with a higher attack range though- scaled to make up for various weapon procs, aa procs or not- they are designed to win in DPH

Most of bosses attack in close range ...
    Is this disadvantage for Wizards ?