Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not that I care about this, can`t participate anyway. b:bye
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Soon I will do my Demon cultivation in Elden, where boss Phlebo can do following things:
    Phlebo
    -has a close melee attack
    -has an aoe slow channeling

So I must to QQ for those boss now about DPS benefits or I will seek squad to kill those boss ?
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    well what to said.guess i must log archer ineasted sin b:chuckle
  • Lonchot - Heavens Tear
    Lonchot - Heavens Tear Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    It's an awesome update

3 New quests availables at NPC on entrance, for peeps that cant get bosses.

New mobs around

Netherworld panaceas gives good reward on exchange

Bosses were 2 silly, they got buffs now (attack and def), plus, there are quests availables once u enter a room with a boss.. Such a cool update i have to say.

Oh, and that immune damage mob around, really sucks but, u cant get a game to be so easy so b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Honestly, it's pretty much the instance being updated to be more in line with current content and so it's not completely dominated by like two-three classes in a specific gear setup that isn't obtainable (or practical in a veno's case) by other classes at all. lbr, prior to this update, how many non-aps sins/BMs/barbs did you see in the instance actually participating beyond getting their BH quest drop? Like not very many.

All this really means is that you switch over to a DPH style instead of DPS. Start making yo new macros now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • stealthymaucq1
    stealthymaucq1 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ofc COA got harder, PWE don't want u to make money, duh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Honestly, it's pretty much the instance being updated to be more in line with current content and so it's not completely dominated by like two-three classes in a specific gear setup that isn't obtainable (or practical in a veno's case) by other classes at all. lbr, prior to this update, how many non-aps sins/BMs/barbs did you see in the instance actually participating beyond getting their BH quest drop? Like not very many.

All this really means is that you switch over to a DPH style instead of DPS. Start making yo new macros now.

I don't know much about CoA but what Eoria says seems reasonable.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    So, DPH class build is now PVE oriented build ?

Or they just try to balance this game ?

Oi I so left out that tidbit. :$ How silly of me. D:

Damage Per Hit... may still not be the quickest way to kill things that do not have anti aps buffs that make aps nigh useless, but still to me it seems like DPH is getting a bit of helping hand... too much of one in my opinion.

I stand by my original statement, aps was never really all that effective imo for mass pvp... except for the days when r93r 20k+ phys def/50-100 (yes these numbers are a bit off... but still..) def lvl casters weren't running around everywhere.

I feel like the way the game is going, dps squads will be so ineffective, that everyone will be eventually demanding DPH classes for everything, then it would just turn casters into the 'wanted' class for everything... which so isn't the right solution for this game at all. (Yes there isn't hoards if people demanding that for bh SOT... but there is a few.. EVERYONE tends to go with whatever way is the most effective way to kill something the quickest way possible... and if its dph that is owning bosses... then that is what people will eventually require you to have to get in.) Surely there is a medium where both groups can meet in the middle so to speak, and help each other get things done in a timely manner. Albeit this game has struggled for a significant amount of time to get squads to actually work together, where all classes are welcomed for the most part. (Delta was a good example where practically any class is wanted.... if you have the right 'roles' filled with ppl who play their class well. IE: Puller, Healer, and aoe DD's, and sure it can be difficult for certain classes to get in there, but really that may be more of a testament as too how many of that 'class's' role is needed per run... (usually i t was 1 sin/veno (aka arguable boss puller/killer... though obviously that wasn't the only thing they were useful for... not even scratching the surface really.) per squad.

---

Grr that was a bit of a wall of text. QQ xD lol

Edit: For the record I don't really care that this change was made (if you couldn't tell from the fact I said I don't do COA)... what I am having the issue with is the fact that old instances are getting revamped, making it harder for those who aren't able to compete to do so feasibly. Not to mention, the extra times that things will now take due to various reasons... but really imho 20 extra minutes (if what I read is true) isn't bad AT ALL... but I think that depends on your server/the people in the instance and how well they know what to do to make things go faster for them/others.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Awww you poor melees. I'm sorry for you, you never had the chance to run 5 min nirvanas either. b:sad

No seriously, go home lol

such a troll. probably being killed by too many sins in NW, huh?

its 1 thing to dislike a class, but making it useless ( + the time, effort and money we put into our chars) is not acceptable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver
    Temptatio/V - Dreamweaver Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Awww you poor melees. I'm sorry for you, you never had the chance to run 5 min nirvanas either. b:sad

No seriously, go home lol

Even I'm caster myself, I don't think its fair to just make some classes suddenly useless and put in such huge advantage 1 class like archers are right now. Aps people are already useless in pvp so its fair for them to have some perks in pwe. What was happening with caster in the past wasn't fair to but in stead of making stuff balanced we just switching roles now.

I personally sympathize with people that have aps mains and put lot of money in them. Guess now people have to start making casters alts.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Lol. Archers ftw. GG bishes b:laugh
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    ... Aps people are already useless in pvp so its fair for them to have some perks in pwe. What was happening with caster in the past wasn't fair to but in stead of making stuff balanced we just switching roles now...

I am waiting for those moment.

Let give them PvP, but PvE for casters.

Such poor APS characters ... let give them PvP advantages.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Even I'm caster myself, I don't think its fair to just make some classes suddenly useless and put in such huge advantage 1 class like archers are right now. Aps people are already useless in pvp so its fair for them to have some perks in pwe.

Useless? Really? I'd like to see any caster farm TT as efficient as an aps char.

They're still OP enough and shouldn't have had that much advantage in an event in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I am waiting for those moment.

Let give them PvP, but PvE for casters.

Such poor APS characters ... let give them PvP advantages.

Don't see a reason for mocking. Wander what you would say if by any chance you made BM and put lot of money in it. Judging by experience so far you can log one day and find out that with new patch your toon is completely useless after you farmed your *** out for it.
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Useless? Really? I'd like to see any caster farm TT as efficient as an aps char.

They're still OP enough and shouldn't have had that much advantage in an event in the first place.

They not OP for a long time if you didnt noticed so far. They can still farm tt, but not all people are into farming. Some actually enjoy events.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    i think china did that change because there aps sin is still good? almost no one R9 there if im right. so almost caster with purify weap, since they use warsoul or g15. no high atk lvl + zerk dags there, so maybe they felt for their version they had to be nerfed
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    You guys should move to sanctuary. We used to take 10~20 minutes in coa.

Now we took an hour.

I got the same amount of orbs, like i usually get, just 10 short of 400.

Previously, i used to have very little mp and hp costs.

Now mp, hp costs are higher. Weapon repair costs are higher. As the time goes down for these instances, because people will bring their casters now and not their melee.

I went through about a 130 mp pots as a bm. Next time i need to find a lvl 11 bp, otherwise hp costs be horrendous. If going dph.

I didn;t find much difference between aps and dph to be honest though. Took a similar time, dph being quicker, dps being less hp and mp cost, but much higher repair cost.

Even if you take casters, it will take another 2~6 weeks to get back to 20 minutes killing time. In the meantime, people who have op casters can get 1k~1.6k orbs easily.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    few questions/ whats ur wep? did u do coa tonigh? u was tanking 2 normal mobs and 2 immune? hahahaha lol ok this is not my point, tank is easy. what boss u was killing? the worns? lol I was killing the 3 arms boss, the best boss in coa

and magic? lol 3 magic 580 dex

G16 Niv +10 dot build. It was taking about 5-6 spark cycles to kill the frost giant boss 2.5m hp. Which is about right. It usually takes just 2 1/2 spark cycles.

I am laughing at your 580 dex r9rr that takes over 3 minutes longer to kill a boss that has only 500k more hp than my 1 1/2 min. And that 3 arm boss is a nab b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    25x 18s = 450s = 7,5mins.

Usually it was 3x 18s + 60s (spawntimer) = 114s.

Compared to 450s + 60s = 510s.

114s/510s * 100% = 22.4%.

Meaning If player who said it takes 25 spark cycles is true and they are geared to ~point I am, we are talking quite massive nerf in fact.

I dunno what was changed, felt sick and napped and noticed CoA had been done when I woke up. But saying like we are talking bout small change is absurd. Oh well, least I got TT.

Not sure what gears Azzazzin is currently wearing, but last time I did CoA a few weeks ago - what I noticed on my seeker (+6 astral ballad and full g16 gears) is that he was killing around 4x the rate I was on my seeker by using the typical Spark -> auto attack method. Maybe he threw in some Subseas/powerdashes - as well and some genie amps. On the other hand - seeker shatters don't work in CoA (or at least didn't the last I checked) and I wasn't using a genie with an amp setup besides Frenzy. Bosses in there have 0 base defenses so mire is only effective an evasion debuff, and Ion Spike only as damage.. Therefore, what I'm assuming a +10 - 12 Netherworld Guidance or R9rr dagger.. now does (based on your times listed above) about the same damage as a +6 g16 nirvy DPHing seeker. That is, if the sin is trying to retardly aps stuff. Not sure honestly, but I think that maybe.. just maybe.. they do more damage overall against that buff with Chill on and go for skill spam. Just a thought.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Not sure what gears Azzazzin is currently wearing, but last time I did CoA a few weeks ago - what I noticed on my seeker (+6 astral ballad and full g16 gears) is that he was killing around 4x the rate I was on my seeker by using the typical Spark -> auto attack method. Maybe he threw in some Subseas/powerdashes - as well and some genie amps. On the other hand - seeker shatters don't work in CoA (or at least didn't the last I checked) and I wasn't using a genie with an amp setup besides Frenzy. Bosses in there have 0 base defenses so mire is only effective an evasion debuff, and Ion Spike only as damage.. Therefore, what I'm assuming a +10 - 12 Netherworld Guidance or R9rr dagger.. now does (based on your times listed above) about the same damage as a +6 g16 nirvy DPHing seeker. That is, if the sin is trying to retardly aps stuff. Not sure honestly, but I think that maybe.. just maybe.. they do more damage overall against that buff with Chill on and go for skill spam. Just a thought.

Blasphemy!! How dare you suggest sins actually use their brain!!f:scared
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Options
    My only real concern is that now lower level physical classes get the short end of the stick in a massive way trying to do anything in there.

It's fine and good for any well geared player able to skill spam (or archers/seekers and casters who have it beyond easy in there now). However for any lower levels that used to be able to at least get a worm to themselves and work on farming pages for their skills.... well... now they're kinda completely screwed in there.

And to those saying casters didn't get to do anything in CoA before, I'd just like to point out there were quite a few bosses that were immune to physical damage while being relatively easy kills for casters. Still find it a shame that now physical classes have to compete in a DPH playstyle where they're already far behind in yet another part of the game but I suppose that's how things are going now.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • magmabeast
    magmabeast Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I did get same amouint of orb thats in and hour vs 20 min in the past. AS far as using dps or skill dmaeg seemed about equal and considering the high evasion teh mobs have in ther ea pure strength build woulndt do taht much more damage. On teh other end, i can tell you the 2 r9rr archer+ 1 mystic got over 2000 in teh same amount of time (mystic was mostly picking). So we just went from aps bm barb and sin to a single class dominating being archer.
    SO for next weak swicth your aps gear to an archer and get a - int sling and youll be just fine they havent really fixed aps... R9rr also works great since its got decent int too....
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    magmabeast wrote: »
    considering the high evasion teh mobs have in ther ea pure strength build woulndt do taht much more damage.
    Bosses in there have 0 base defenses so mire is only effective an evasion debuff,

Hi there, welcome to PWI. Here in this game, all physical defense debuffs - be they class based (penetrate armor, devour, ironwood scarab, dimensional seal, etc) or genie based (tangling mire, impact) also serve as an evasion debuff for the duration of the mobs life (pve only, mind you). This means that if you open your attack with such a skill and successfully land it (100% with mire - not sure anymore about impact) all subsequent hits are guaranteed to land. A pure STR, not statted for APS barb or BM would indeed do more damage than a dex based - built for fists barb or BM once the evasion is debuffed. Well, unless the crit chance makes up for it. Buuuuut, just thought I would point that little bit of information out for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    sure for those who are r999 +9 archers, seekers, & any AA they loved it, but for the rest of us non cash shoppers / merchants.

I'm a caster R9rr, my bf is a R9rr archer, we don't c$.

People need to stop with their ''R9rr=C$''.

We did farm our stuff, if other people are too lazy to farm that doesn't make us C$.

I think that it's a good thing that they try something new.

It's not the end of the world if for one event archers/casters can dominate on the APS fishes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • exeys
    exeys Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    As a caster in CoA, I go agree with previous posts on one thing - casters do have it fairly easy in terms of fighting the bosses.

However, as easy as the bosses are, it IS tedious compared to APSers, because we don't have auto attack abilities, and macros can and will be interrupted (especially when someone pulls those Doom Knights, etc). And before this new update to CoA, even when a caster is "OP" with channeling gear, etc. it still pales in comparison to high APS classes in terms of the number of orbs we get.

As a result, compared to APS sins/BMs we usually have to do more work, use a LOT more MP (esp with how tokens have increased in price lately, that's becoming a growing expense in itself) and walk away with less rewards. It's no wonder why most of the time there's always at least a few phys immune bosses unoccupied on Arch server.

I do support the idea of putting an additional "cost" for the APSers, though perhaps not to this extreme with the anti-APS buff...maybe just different pdef up buffs or something.

Caster bosses were also tweaked too, it seems - the Judge boss (phys immune, wood elemental snake one) occassionally IGs itself for instance, so it's not like we casters were unscathed.
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    OK, i like COA ad all but can't currently get on the game (laptop broke working on trying to get another) anyways ive been told new buffs on the bosses and yes i read thru all the forums...but can the buffs be purged by venos. If so awesome if not oh well lol.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Anti-aps buff can't be purged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Clokey - Harshlands
    Clokey - Harshlands Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    PWI atm r making game just for c$, ppl new and low lv cant do anything, they need to donate for R9rr to try to do something in the game, and if like melee DD then the game ill be just pain for this person. casters can hit u 20k, but melee DD cant hit u 15k with same set. this is the best way for far game, long life to pwi wiiii Nice Job GM's continue with that way... soon we will get a bored and fail game. TT? low drops in x2 and hard to do it in Party, Illusion Lord? kill normal? hahahahaha get 6 ppl R9rr and go to see if u can kill, normal players (no c$) no TT for u noob, farm money with herbs or something like that and buy my mats for my price.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Ok, I agree with increasing a bit the difficulty of instances, so every boss isn't a piece of cake (because it's not supposed to be that way). However, seriously, what are sins, bms, and barbs going to do?

Sins, bms, and barbs don't have important elemental attacks, if they can't do damage to magical bosses, and all the others resist physical damage, how are they gonna do it?

• DraknessDuir - Sanctuary
    DraknessDuir - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    Does it occur to anyone that maybe they want us to work together? Last night I squaded with a barb and we did ok working together on the boss.