Venomancer upgrade & evolution guide

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    • Windwalking Piggy can eat any food type except Hay
    • Presumably Lil Dolphy has the same food preferences as Windwalking Piggy
    • Perfect Cookies are food type Hay but are supposed to be able to feed any pet

Probably an oversight on the part of the devs, should probably be reported in the Quality Corner. I haven't been carrying Cookies lately as I built up a good supply of Wild Ginseng and Venison, but can test later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I just found it out today. Game husband evolved his Windwalking Piggy to Lil'Dolphy. He can't feed it Perfect Cookies (the icon is red) but I can feed my Windwalking Piggy. Just thought it was weird P:

Also, checking both pets right now. Windwalking Piggy can eat meat (according to the window) but Lil'Dolphy can't.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    All 7 of my evolved pets (Celestial Giant, Shademark Scorpion, Heliacal Phoenix, Night Prowler, Imperial Skeleton, Illusory Thorn, and Empyrean Harpy) can eat Perfect Cookies. Peculiarly, one of my non-evolved (or evolvable) pets, the Overclocked Mechrab, which will ingest only Pure Water type food, cannot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Which pet do you guys recommend for taking out the Sky Foxes in the veno dungeon? Cactuses?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Which pet do you guys recommend for taking out the Sky Foxes in the veno dungeon? Cactuses?

I use my dinosaur, before and after evolution, he did the job best. After evolution, with his exclusive skill, he one-shots the foxes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, my veno's not 101 yet so I can't tame the dino. Tried with evolved walker, but he's too slow sometimes. ):
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Something fast, hard hitting and/or ranged. If not using ranged, use a pet with a physical or earth damage skill. (0 resistance to earth and physical attacks, 90k resistance to all other elements.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    @ Mayfly - thanks for the information, I guess to the QC we go @.@ might be a bug. At least they can look into it.

@ Eoria - what the others said you need something that's ranged or something that can hit hard (1-2shot foxies) and if possible fast as well. What pets do you have right now?
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just hit 100
    Thanks for the guide it was wonderful
    b:thanks
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    edited August 2013

Getting back to your question, the evolved cactus does the job really, really well. I never tried with him before evolution though, but after he kills foxes nicely, especially if you get more one after the other, pop his aps skill and pew pew away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • birdconure00
    birdconure00 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    The link to ecatomb said that there would be pictures of the new evolved pets but there arn't :(...I want to be able to see what the evolved forms look like before deciding to get a pet to lvl 100..is there anywhere else that has pictures?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    The link to ecatomb said that there would be pictures of the new evolved pets but there arn't :(...I want to be able to see what the evolved forms look like before deciding to get a pet to lvl 100..is there anywhere else that has pictures?

Click on the pet names and you'll see them.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    I made the Wiki page based on this guide but I left out a lot of things. I'm not sure if it's allowed to link to pages that are not directly related to PWI/PWE so I left out the spreadsheets and the youtube videos.

EDIT: Nevermind, it looks like links to ecatomb or google docs are around the wiki so I'll be adding them.
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Does anyone know what the range is on Dolphy's knockback skill?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    I evolved the Piggy yesterday so I'll take a look. My guess is around 10 meters or so, which is the usual knock backs.
    I'll check later when I log on to confirm it.
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19905541#post19905541

- Pets will now automatically apply self-buffs equipped on the pet bar

- The Pet Bar has increased to 7 slots

Its already 7 slots so the admin meant 8 slots perhaps?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited September 2013
    I haven't figured out how the pet auto-self buffs o.o
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=19905541#post19905541

- Pets will now automatically apply self-buffs equipped on the pet bar

- The Pet Bar has increased to 7 slots

Its already 7 slots so the admin meant 8 slots perhaps?

Or do you think that unevolved pets now get 7 slots instead of 4 now? I'm at work so I can't test.
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Or do you think that unevolved pets now get 7 slots instead of 4 now? I'm at work so I can't test.

i cant test atm too i was hoping a veno that can test can confirm.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2013

Nope. Still 4 on my lynx and tabby o,o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    How many Feral Soul Stars having to feed to level up a pet from 102 to 103?
    Is there anyone who had tried it yet?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2013
    Haven't done it, but looking at the pet XP chart it looks like 5000 stars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • helovesu
    edited October 2013
    Haven't done it, but looking at the pet XP chart it looks like 5000 stars.

Oh my.. That sounds terrible. There must be another way out to level up our pets. Since mystics get their summons levelled up as they level up too.
    edited October 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    Oh my.. That sounds terrible. There must be another way out to level up our pets. Since mystics get their summons levelled up as they level up too.

True, but veno pets need no mana to cast skills, so it kinda balances off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    True, but veno pets need no mana to cast skills, so it kinda balances off.

^ I prefer the no-mana-cost over the instant-at-level any day.

It's not that hard to get your pets to 100 unless you powerlevel from lvl1 to 100 and then have 3-5 pets to get to 100.
    Beyond level 100, pets don't gain all that much either so it's not like you absolutely have to get them after the point. I kept my pets at lvl101.
  • helovesu
    edited October 2013
    ^ I prefer the no-mana-cost over the instant-at-level any day.

It's not that hard to get your pets to 100 unless you powerlevel from lvl1 to 100 and then have 3-5 pets to get to 100.
    Beyond level 100, pets don't gain all that much either so it's not like you absolutely have to get them after the point. I kept my pets at lvl101.

Good idea thank you.
    I think i am going to leave them at lv. 101 while collecting feral soul stones b:chuckle
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I kept all my pets at lv100 expect for the one I use the most (my nix, on like 30% to Lv103) however I didn't use any feral soul stars to level my pets.. The feral stars i used a lot to get the mood I want and very high stats (74/75 attack for example)...
    Lvled my Dino and glacial, but I hardly use them much so not keeping up enough with daily atm. I really want to buy the harpy and monkey one day, but atm saving up for other stuff...

Btw for those that don't have the veno shroud-morai skill, get it! My evovled nix hit more than 50k+ per hit on bh metal bosses with hf (*cough* usually die too due to aggro too fast), and can tank last boss+adv in lunar bh path including out DD most sins.

And hello my venos, been a while I checked the forums :P
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Hey Saty :3
    Yeah, new pets can be really great DDs after the evolution coupled with Natural Synergy, debuffs and Mo so they can crit! I had a 138k crit from Harpy recently (wasn't even in Natural Synergy) but had lots of debuffs.
  • panca21
    panca21 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Finally back on my veno and i'm starting to level some pet due to the evolution system...but there is a thing that i seems not find (using searches..).

what happen to the old pet skills once they evolve? Tha can be also said as : does it worth to set some skill previous to level 100?

If they stay and get added to the mood ones, good, i can start now to set some...if they disappear...well...not really sure it worth to pimp more then a really few...

tnx for the anwers :)
    edited October 2013
    panca21 wrote: »
    Finally back on my veno and i'm starting to level some pet due to the evolution system...but there is a thing that i seems not find (using searches..).

what happen to the old pet skills once they evolve? Tha can be also said as : does it worth to set some skill previous to level 100?

If they stay and get added to the mood ones, good, i can start now to set some...if they disappear...well...not really sure it worth to pimp more then a really few...

tnx for the anwers :)

They will remain. Evolved Pets can get 7 skill slots: 4 old ones, 2 from each mood and 1 exclusive skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]