So, you want to ini edit your character?

Options

Comments

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i looked through the thread and didn't see anything about it but when im trying to edit my toons skin i edit in the .ini and save it then reload the preset in the game and its totally the wrong color. like 16761035 produces a hulk smash green and its supposed to be pink. the code is right off of the http://bbs.178.com/thread-650288-1-1.html site and when im looking for orange (16753920) i get some darkish blue color.

what am i doing wrong?

Sometimes colors use the same number, with a minus. Are you sure there shouldn't be a minus in front of it?
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Sometimes colors use the same number, with a minus. Are you sure there shouldn't be a minus in front of it?

the hell didn't i think of that? yes it worked. tyvm.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    the hell didn't i think of that? yes it worked. tyvm.

Minus actually inverts colours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    Lucy_a - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hey Venus can u add this to the guide?
    I thought people knew about it but there was a question regarding this on the forums and it seems that this kind of editing is rather unknown.

Im talking about this:

Actually u can create an "infinite" number of earthguard types just take a face tex and then change the bodyID to 0,1,2,3 or 4. Every combination will give u something different.

The form of the eyes and lips will change,depending on what bodyID you are using.

It only works on earthguards,changing the body ID on a tideborn will only change the tattoo.

Sorry if its already in the guide i only read it once when it was made and didnt have the patience to read it all again.b:laugh

Here are the examples i posted,didnt want to post them here again:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19282391&postcount=6

Ty.
    ~Lucy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you for the awesome siggy Silvy <3

// LVL. 8x Mystic // LVL. 8x Cleric // LVL. 8x Veno //

Request a free drawing of your character: The Fanatics Forum>>>Lucy's Sketchbook b:mischievous
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Can you edit your female character after you place male hair on her? Sorry, your guide for females with male hair is really vague, I managed to find out how to do it but I'm not understanding or seeing about editing her afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Can you edit your female character after you place male hair on her? Sorry, your guide for females with male hair is really vague, I managed to find out how to do it but I'm not understanding or seeing about editing her afterwards.

Unfortunately, no. As stated in the first post, you'll end up with a error if you try to edit it afterwards, unless you change it to female hair through the ini first. Once you change it to female, you won't be able to change it back. This is because the presets listed are genderless, and once you assign the char a gender by creating it, that's it. The male hair only works because it had the hair prior to being assigned a gender.
    Hey Venus can u add this to the guide?
    I thought people knew about it but there was a question regarding this on the forums and it seems that this kind of editing is rather unknown.

Im talking about this:

Actually u can create an "infinite" number of earthguard types just take a face tex and then change the bodyID to 0,1,2,3 or 4. Every combination will give u something different.

The form of the eyes and lips will change,depending on what bodyID you are using.

It only works on earthguards,changing the body ID on a tideborn will only change the tattoo.

Sorry if its already in the guide i only read it once when it was made and didnt have the patience to read it all again.b:laugh

Here are the examples i posted,didnt want to post them here again:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19282391&postcount=6

Ty.
    ~Lucy

Yup, hadn't put that in, I'll do that when I get back.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • SLITNOT - Heavens Tear
    SLITNOT - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Just wondering if any one has the Admiral hat code a barb friend is wanting it for the set got a few of our guild already with them hats on lol thxs.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Try this.
    idHairModel = 1026
    idHairTex = 313
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Damirien - Heavens Tear
    Damirien - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    guys I need help with male hair plsss

not on my back...

problem is that I didnt really understand how to put male hair on female without getting error, let me know pleaseb:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    guys I need help with male hair plsss

not on my back...

problem is that I didnt really understand how to put male hair on female without getting error, let me know pleaseb:sad

It is in the guide and cannot be done on an existing character.

If you want male hair on a female character you have to do it at the very start of creating a character I am afraid.
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • Damirien - Heavens Tear
    Damirien - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    It is in the guide and cannot be done on an existing character.

If you want male hair on a female character you have to do it at the very start of creating a character I am afraid.

oh ok, thank youb:sad
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • ScillaX - Archosaur
    ScillaX - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    This guide is so great :D I love that PWI made it all "legal" to edit ini's
  • bootifulboo
    bootifulboo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    can someone help me im new 2 this & have no clue what im doing??
  • Kindly - Dreamweaver
    Kindly - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I will not be blocked for a this character's appearance?
    2013-06-07_150206.1370603720.jpg
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I will not be blocked for a this character's appearance?
    2013-06-07_150206.1370603720.jpg

No...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    Markhor - Dreamweaver Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have looks through the .ini code line by line and connect figure which line to edit in order to change the eyeliner/eyeshadow on my veno! I even saved 2 identical presets, which the only difference being the eyeliners, and couldn't find the one line of code that looked different when I compared the 2 side by side. Help please? Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Markhor - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I have looks through the .ini code line by line and connect figure which line to edit in order to change the eyeliner/eyeshadow on my veno! I even saved 2 identical presets, which the only difference being the eyeliners, and couldn't find the one line of code that looked different when I compared the 2 side by side. Help please? Thanks!

Well.... I figured out that idEyeHighTex is the eyeshadow code.... but now i can't find a list of all the different eyeshadows. Does one exist? Google doesn't seem to think so. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Well.... I figured out that idEyeHighTex is the eyeshadow code.... but now i can't find a list of all the different eyeshadows. Does one exist? Google doesn't seem to think so. b:surrender

Not as far as I know, but you can still manually select your eyeshadows from the character creation menu. In the colors tab, there is a label called "eye" that's actually eye shadow, not eyes. There should be a scroll bar there as well with all the different eyeshadows. Also if you have any other questions about which part means what, you can check out part 2 of the guide in the first post. ^^

• Markhor - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Not as far as I know, but you can still manually select your eyeshadows from the character creation menu. In the colors tab, there is a label called "eye" that's actually eye shadow, not eyes. There should be a scroll bar there as well with all the different eyeshadows. Also if you have any other questions about which part means what, you can check out part 2 of the guide in the first post. ^^

Yeah, I was hoping there was another way other than using the eyeshadow selector in the character creator/editor screen. Oh well. Thanks for your help tho!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PsychicTuna - Harshlands
    PsychicTuna - Harshlands Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Having a problem getting my face and skin to match: http://i.imgur.com/8u6RBHQ.png?1

Both are at 0.

Edit: Nevermind i got it had to change idFaceTex = 864 to 862.
    *Explodes into Tuna* ._.

Mains:

Doom_Panda- 102 R9 partial 3rd cast Sage Barb 29k HP.
    Dawnx - 100 Demon Cleric.
    Dawnx_- 101 Sage Cleric.
    DawnMyst- 94 Demon Mystic.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    was wondering if someone know if it is possible to change the default presets

(not THE default one for each class, but the choices u get for one class, like for example : Cute,Exotic etc etc)

i cant find the files, are those server side?
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    was wondering if someone know if it is possible to change the default presets

(not THE default one for each class, but the choices u get for one class, like for example : Cute,Exotic etc etc)

i cant find the files, are those server side?

couldn't you select that, then save it with some name and find it in the folder?
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited August 2013
    Options
    couldn't you select that, then save it with some name and find it in the folder?

that is easy. i was trying to find how to edit those files to check something
  • Heliophobia - Sanctuary
    Heliophobia - Sanctuary Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You mean the body/face id? (scars, tails etc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    Options
    that doesnt really matter, just wanted to know if its possible to access , and modify the default presets (for example for seekers : boyish,brash,charming,fearless etc etc) but not saving new preset from those, but make the change inside those default files (might sounds stupid, but for what i wanna try, its important xD)

but i cant find those, so they might be server side, so was asking if anyone had a clue :P

(have other plans to test what i want, but this would be the easiest way)
  • KisaXChan - Raging Tide
    KisaXChan - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Every time I try a pink Hair I get green b:sad how do i get pink?
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Every time I try a pink Hair I get green b:sad how do i get pink?

Make sure you aren't leaving out a " - " sign or anything. Will need to see what value you're trying to use and how you've input it into your ini file (just copypasta) to know for sure what's wrong though.
    that doesnt really matter, just wanted to know if its possible to access , and modify the default presets (for example for seekers : boyish,brash,charming,fearless etc etc) but not saving new preset from those, but make the change inside those default files (might sounds stupid, but for what i wanna try, its important xD)

but i cant find those, so they might be server side, so was asking if anyone had a clue :P

(have other plans to test what i want, but this would be the easiest way)

If it's not in the character folder with the rest of the files, it is not permitted to be modified.

• Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The Kisa post is mine. Didn't notice I was signed into that account when I posted I forgot To switch when I was spending all my core connect points
    Make sure you aren't leaving out a " - " sign or anything. Will need to see what value you're trying to use and how you've input it into your ini file (just copypasta) to know for sure what's wrong though..

I go to the color chooser site that's linked and get this code FF0080

then I go to the conversion site and get this code 16711808

here is the color part of the ini
    [Color]
    colorHair = -16711808
    colorFace = -1
    colorEye = -1445664
    colorBrow = -1521487
    colorMouth = -1524559
    colorEyeBall = -10384822
    colorMoustache = -1

Also the pinks I like from this link are turning green on me also
    http://bbs.178.com/thread-650288-1-1.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The Kisa post is mine. Didn't notice I was signed into that account when I posted I forgot To switch when I was spending all my core connect points

I go to the color chooser site that's linked and get this code FF0080

then I go to the conversion site and get this code 16711808

here is the color part of the ini
    [Color]
    colorHair = -16711808
    colorFace = -1
    colorEye = -1445664
    colorBrow = -1521487
    colorMouth = -1524559
    colorEyeBall = -10384822
    colorMoustache = -1

Also the pinks I like from this link are turning green on me also
    http://bbs.178.com/thread-650288-1-1.html

The issue is the negative sign you got in front of the code. Delete that and you should get the pink you want.

• Tigriss_o - Raging Tide
    Tigriss_o - Raging Tide Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The issue is the negative sign you got in front of the code. Delete that and you should get the pink you want.

YAY THANK YOU!!!b:thanks I thought since they all had it that it was supposed to be there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]