Which Class Needs An Upgrade?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Id much rather see the TW rewards up a little but thats off topic. I think sins should get s little up grade your kind of screwed with purfy skill on casters now.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Give blademasters demon/sage sprint skills. xD

Or you know... leaps. lol

If anything, Go Seeker Go!
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have some problems with your points:

While I agree that, of all classes, archers have the best shot at catching a running Purify user, that would mean they have to purge the anti-stun/speed off first (which cannot happen with CC skills, because that quote is wrong, any skill that applies a negative status does not purge) and then lock them down. Once that happens, they need to hope their following attacks do not also trigger the proc. Also, assuming the maximum range possible, 40m (galvanic + sage mastery), you'd need to hope you get that purge in quick or else the caster will be out of your range fairly quickly and you'll need to follow just like everyone else.

Archers cannot really "spam" stun (and certainly not their only other CC skill), but the cooldown is low enough that I'll let that comment slide.

Archers have garbage buffs compared to sins, so I'd gather that either archers are as squishy as sins (given they use the same armour) or sins are slightly superior in terms of survivability.

Purge is not 10-15%.

The fact is, archers are over-powered against opponents with a lower gear standard. That is irrefutable. However, with equal gear, archers are garbage. Ask any endgame archer on these forums if they can 3-5 hit a full jaded +12 r999 wiz.

My % on proc was just quoted from the person i was debating with.

You don't need full 40 meter morai skill range to be better than every single other phy dmg class's 3 meter range.

You don't need to purge their antistun or speed buff to hit them.

You are less likely to proc them than every single other phy dmg class.

Show me some math or at least reasoning behind why you think you're so under powered in equal gear. I read the other thread where Asterelle made that claim but I didn't see anything to back it up there either
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aylith - Harshlands
    Aylith - Harshlands Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I have 4 Sage Wings of Protection books rotting in the bank because everyone overwrites my buffs anyway 6 seconds later with holy path. Please fix it so they're unique, and let me rebuff my blazing arrows too Q_Q b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My pixels bring all the boys to Dark, and they're like, I'll buy gear for ya. Damn right, CS r9 for ya.
    Take this free zen, you don't have to charge! b:kiss
  • DragoAhmad - Archosaur
    DragoAhmad - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Give blademasters demon/sage sprint skills. xD

Or you know... leaps. lol

If anything, Go Seeker Go!

Leaps....longer leaps. xD
    Umm, and longer Reckless Rush distance as well. b:laugh
  • Canis_Regis - Raging Tide
    Canis_Regis - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Venos need a defensive move and their pets rehashed. With nirvana gone from day-to-day farming due to NW, they are less usefull.

Sins...don't kill so much now, t3 sucks for them and r9 isn't for everyone. IDK what they need, but i like that they're weaker now, they've been 1-man-army for too long.

Barbs...still can't fight as good. IMO just their accuracy needs to be pumped up a bit. Also their mdef sucks, wish we could tank like we used to. Devour and ream need their chi requirement down as without spamming them it's hard to keep aggro. More often than not, i find my barb lose aggro after devour, which is sad. In pvp without uber gear they pretty much just take punches or die 1-3 hit from a caster.

Seeker : too many buffs, too little benefits from them ( except for adrenal numbness really)

Blademaster : Can only use 1 marrow at a time, while seeker has both of them imbedded in 1. Aoes need a serious dmg boost, as with equal gear they can never take aggro from a seeker's vortex.

Archer : I think archers are fine as pvp class. As with no BP in melee range, i see them only as PVP chars, where their gear needs to excel in order to take out ppl. I think archers are pretty versatile, bar our arrows come lighted up way high and give up our position in battle.

Mystic : They need to become equals of clerics in terms of healing ( aka make the shield a channel spell that gives the % dmg reduce) because clerics are way too rare these days.
    They're fun in pvp and versatile.

Wiz : needs faster casting.

Psy : op op oppa, nuff said

Cleric : needs major rethinking on aura skills as without healing and WITH reduced hp they suck, unless in OP gears.
  • DanteLamar - Archosaur
    DanteLamar - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    What more could a sin possibly have?... >.>

You already have a seal, a freeze, 2 stuns, heals, oneshot avoidance, negative stat avoidance, evasion of magic and physical hits that didn't miss, crit damage buff, shadow escape, 2 teles, speed buffs, anti stun...ffs what more do you want? what more can you have o.O ?

well well, let's see here,

1st- 1 of the stuns you mentioned are same as one of teles you mentioned.

2- Archers, Bms, Wizzies got teles as will, sins teles got the longest CD among the 4 classes.

3-unlike Archers evasion buff and Bms Buddha, ours are always a chance thing.

4-Archers, seekers, bms, barbs ALSO got anti freeze skills.

5-we are the only class with only 1 ranged Atk and again longest Tele CD.

6-every 3rd cast AA got puri which hits on most of the time, so we just hope we can manage a stunlock, like genies wasn't good to anti that already <.<.

7-WE are the only class that got nerfed.

8-WE are the only class that got nothing but useless skills from Morai, well they are good for laughs to be fair.

really now, should I say more?! <.<........
    A road of death or one of life
    a sorrowful path or one of joy
    whichever you choose, choose for yourself
    do not become, someones toy.
    f:despise
  • KingClawX - Lost City
    KingClawX - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    you get nothing cos you was op from day 1.

if you stop aps maybe the proc wont happen.

maybe instead of aps you use ur skill you was given.

nw is not 1 vs 1 so you dont need anything.
  • DanteLamar - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options

Stunlock isn't apsing....zzzz

and Yes, Nw isn't 1 vs 1, which is why we have the worst survive chance after clerics, rofl.
  • DanteLamar - Archosaur
    edited March 2013
    Options
    and allow me to add, only reason am posting is because am TIRED of having to aps or lose.

reason I went demon IS:

1-to farm my gear in Pve.

2-Stunlock in pvp.
  • Midnight/ - Harshlands15
    Midnight/ - Harshlands15 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    As a seeker myself this will probably come across as biased but i really dont care since its my own opinion.

Yes we have own def lvl buff,yes we can zerk magic attacks,yes we have anti stun that costs nothin but all i see is you ppl just lookin at good things we have instead of really horrible sides.

As a previous post said on HL ppl mostly just ignore us,Why you ask? Because our dmg is horrible lol.All you ppl use as seeker eg is r9rr have u ever stopped to consider not everyone has money to get r9 to go r9rr people like me for example are g16 3rd cast nirvana wheres the zerk on that?And i can tell you now with g16 weap my dmg is hardly amazing,If i fight equally geared g16 ppl but wow does my dmg look terrible compared to other classes,On a G16 wiz i can average about 2k hits which trust me isnt impressive since wiz will hit me for easily 3-4k dmg a shot,Unless im charmed i cant tank that where as a wiz can tank my dmg if he has any clue wtf his doing.Same goes for archers hit like hell yes i survive them a little better but dmg comparrsion still sucks a**,Now we go onto sins...im fullg16 seeker i use omley for def lvl if a g16 sin double sparks in stealth and comes out with aps,im normally screwed unless i manage to get away in which case the sin will re stealth and just go again which at that time my skills are all on cd,givin sin upper hand

People need to stop b***** about seekers and GOF on magic and sht coz not everyone has it and not every other class is r9rrr either alot of ppl on HL are g16 now,which im thankful for since we have semi decent pvp now,but as i said compare g16 seeker to any other dd class its horrible,So many ppl tell me in mass pvp i should reroll a dd class coz of seeker dmg.

As for def lvl buff can be purged not like its perma buff,our immobilize skill? well unless you have no swords buffs on its 100% proc but minute you put that buff on u drop to what 50%? Anti stun which btw only comes if u get sage version of unfetter and is only 4 sec lol hardly impressive.

In total seekers have 3 skills that actually do fair dmg gemini-long *** casting unless you use affinity,Ion spike-1 spark every time you use it,Edged blur-2 sparks,rest of our skills deal amazingly sh*t dmg, i wont even mention vortex in this case cause if i see a seeker vortexin in pvp it makes me cry and that person should reroll.

Weve already gotten 1 small dmg increase with one of patches but we need another
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

*facepalm*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqB9pQIqMjI&list=PL6A55411DCDB949A9

you were saying?
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Stunlock isn't apsing....zzzz

and Yes, Nw isn't 1 vs 1, which is why we have the worst survive chance after clerics, rofl.

Its about time I introduce you to chill of the deep. Its quite handy since sins are so incredibly nerfed and still able to 1 shot full josd recast with theirs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    My % on proc was just quoted from the person i was debating with.

You don't need full 40 meter morai skill range to be better than every single other phy dmg class's 3 meter range.

You don't need to purge their antistun or speed buff to hit them.

You are less likely to proc them than every single other phy dmg class.

Show me some math or at least reasoning behind why you think you're so under powered in equal gear. I read the other thread where Asterelle made that claim but I didn't see anything to back it up there either

I hit the back button on my mouse after typing so much... dammit.

I agree with you overall that archers are in a better position to stop a r999 caster with the flag, but they really aren't that much better off then others given than you aren't going to pwn that caster by yourself. As such, we'll end up giving chase also.

I cannot show you definite math simply because math involves the rigour of testing every possible scenario (if you want it to be valid anyway). I only have my own, personal experience to justify that claim, as is anyone that is posting in this thread, really. There are good archers and bad ones. Some archers manage to kill equally-geared opponents more often than others. I know it's not solid evidence, and I admit it's a claim that garners no love on these forums. I get that. However, it's not an accident that almost every archer on these forums feels the same way. My advice would be to try an archer on a server-that-shall-not-be-mentioned at endgame to see if my claim holds any water.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • redblood28
    redblood28 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Cleric because I kill them all the time.
    They are squisy, no survival skill, and they don't hit really hard like Mystics do.
    They don't have anti stun skill(as far as I know correct me if I'm wrong).
  • DragoAhmad - Archosaur
    DragoAhmad - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Let's face it, "almost" everyone thinks their class is underpowered, or needs more upgrade. It's more like we see only the advantages every other class, disregarding what they lack as well. And more seeing what we lack, disregarding what our class specialize in.

For example, seekers think they lack control skills, while in fact they are range physical AND magic attackers wearing heavy armors, with 30+ defense levels, which R9 alone couldn't achieve. BM's like me think their leaps have a low distance compared to wizards' and archers' leaps. Our teleport skill as well is pretty much useless with 15 meters, unlike seekers' and assassins' 35 meters teleport. Still, we have AoE's, stuns, various weapon choices, ApS, marrows, etc.

I'd give many examples, but I'm not really an expert. Surely everyone wants his/her favorite class to be upgraded. What I'm saying may appeal to some, and may not appeal to others.
    Good luck playing everyone, and remember to have fun. b:victory
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Voted assassin, cause we need higher grade int gear for PVE 5aps farming(armor).