Strategies as a bm for NW?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Demon maw is really underused as is draw blood you get a lot more dps and chi building by working those into combo though I would say its a pretty safe call to swap to the fast 100%+ weapon damage skill of your choice at 50% hp for the bypass chance

Yep, those were the two big skills used most often for the old after-cast cancelling combo I had on my bar a while back. Their adds aren't great; but that's kind of the thing. Even way back we posted how once axe damage becomes great enough, the add itself matters less than the speed you can use the skill. And with those two, you can often get an extra attack in per stun sequence (if not swapping back and forth).

So once you bring in R9 any recast axes, and high refines, people should really revisit what % of their skill is actually caused by the adds above base damage, and compare it to over-all damage % makeup. More likely than not, the extra attack will be more than the difference of the adds.

At that point is where you start using other skills for their debuffs more than their damage.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Just a quick word, since people don't seem to listen on sanctuary.

Last 10 minutes of NW, getting extra lands does not help improve nation score. Last 10 minutes, the personal score does count. There is not point in getting your charm obliterated in the last fight and not let one of the sides win. The extra 200~2.5k points will go to waste. Just by doing this tiny thing, you can improve your token intake from 2~40 more tokens. Especially on days where you have a low score, a high ending score evens things out.

Not sure if this was covered in the math thread or not. We had to identical fights, 17 vs 3. In one fight, the first one, we killed the flag person once, we still lost the land. I got 850 points. 2nd fight we couldn't do much, and i got 400 points. Damage wise, i took more damage in 2nd fight compared to first one.

Another thing i saw, even if a fight is ending, join it. I joined a fight 2 seconds before it ended, i got 850 points from it for just showing up. It was a 20 vs 6 affair, i joined the 6 side.

Do remind your friends, squad mates, faction members, to end the last few fights. You can pk all you want, but don't bother the flag people, there are 19 other people you can pick on.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    people don't seem to listen on sanctuary.

Last 10 minutes of NW, getting extra lands does not help improve nation score. Last 10 minutes, the personal score does count. There is not point in getting your charm obliterated in the last fight and not let one of the sides win.

I think you're wrong on both accounts here.

Last week my nation was behind first place by about 25 points with 10 minutes left. We caught a bunch of their lands and ended only 5 points behind. The 10:20 "buzzer" calculates lands once more so capture what you can.

I was also told (but not sure I can verify) that a battle does not need to finish to get your score. Battle lasts 18 minutes and NW ends with no side winning, you'll still get contribution for that battle.

I need to pay more attention to verify myself but this is what I've noticed and been told.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wrong on both of those Saku; this stuff has been tested.

Math thread is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1542891
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The NW math thread is pretty accurate; the last 10 minutes every nation gains 11 points so the lands don't matter, but the contribution still goes up. Don't know about it automatically calculating an unfinished battle though. Haven't paid enough attention to it, but I would think not either cause my token reward pops up on screen before battle finishes and no info pops up when the war ends.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I think you're wrong on both accounts here.

Last week my nation was behind first place by about 25 points with 10 minutes left. We caught a bunch of their lands and ended only 5 points behind. The 10:20 "buzzer" calculates lands once more so capture what you can.

I was also told (but not sure I can verify) that a battle does not need to finish to get your score. Battle lasts 18 minutes and NW ends with no side winning, you'll still get contribution for that battle.

I need to pay more attention to verify myself but this is what I've noticed and been told.

I started off paying close attention to contri and such, since I was playing catch up in learning how NW works. I noticed no contri gain in 2 consecutive NW from the amount I had before to after the NW ended.

Since then everytime someone ignores the battle chat, "let them win the flag cap," when there simply isn't enough time for us to get 2, we always end up getting 0 contri. So whoever told you, Smack em; they need the silence.