Strategies as a bm for NW?

Comments

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I actually ranked 1 in an empty instance where I did not carry a flag. I'm wondering if soulforce has anything to do with it.

I think the ranking works along these lines.

Total battle score

Highest individual score for the nation that wins (or just the highest score) = rank 1

It seems to be a placement, it does not seem to affect scores. I ranked 1 in one nw, the total score was 200, i had 70. I was the only player there.

To me the ranking does not seem to matter in terms of getting more points. For example a person who is ranked 1 gets a few extra points. It simply shows your score relative to instance and other players. Having a higher rank generally would mean you contributed more in that battle, but there is no extra reward for it.

There was another instance 20 vs 0. I carried the flag both the times, got 220 score, ranked first.

Saethos - it's not that i have uber gear. When i get hit by 5~8 people, hitting 6~15k each. All those hits register as i die in my damage log. So basically i just have to go in and get hit by lots of people and die gloriously. If i had better gear, maybe i could live through the exchanges more often, at present i just use diamond sutra, hp pot, instant pot and hope to live.

There is still one worrying thing going on though in NW. People at times are more happy being idle in the middle than chasing the flag carrier. There was a 20 vs 12. We were 20. I only saw 1 person from our nation chase down the flag person. All the rest were by the middle square standing around. The other side won. There were times when roles were reversed in our favours, but the point is people are more intent to stand around than to actively seek out members. My last battle was 18 vs 1, i reached a land locked area. I managed to delay the flag person a few times and died each time, but it was fun. People need to equate the flag carrier with crystal rush. Drop everything and kill the flag person or protect that person. Let's hope people learn.

Btw, Maelael, try to choose battles that are farthest away from you and keep on pushing in. Even if the base is land locked, chances are you can still fight outside for 1~4 battles until the base opens up again. This works wonders especially if you can get a squad of 10~20 people to go together. We moved like that last night, we lost all the lands we gained behind us, but we kept on getting new lands while our base was locked out for a bit. Often times when you push far into enemy territory, the people there are not so well geared, or alts popping into battle or no one shows up.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012

There is still one worrying thing going on though in NW. People at times are more happy being idle in the middle than chasing the flag carrier. There was a 20 vs 12. We were 20. I only saw 1 person from our nation chase down the flag person. All the rest were by the middle square standing around. The other side won. There were times when roles were reversed in our favours, but the point is people are more intent to stand around than to actively seek out members. My last battle was 18 vs 1, i reached a land locked area. I managed to delay the flag person a few times and died each time, but it was fun. People need to equate the flag carrier with crystal rush. Drop everything and kill the flag person or protect that person. Let's hope people learn.

Btw, Maelael, try to choose battles that are farthest away from you and keep on pushing in. Even if the base is land locked, chances are you can still fight outside for 1~4 battles until the base opens up again. This works wonders especially if you can get a squad of 10~20 people to go together. We moved like that last night, we lost all the lands we gained behind us, but we kept on getting new lands while our base was locked out for a bit. Often times when you push far into enemy territory, the people there are not so well geared, or alts popping into battle or no one shows up.

On the first paragraph quoted - its because people have NO Idea what they're doing. You have a ton of PvErs who have never PvPed going in and not even knowing which part of the keyboard to roll their face on. Sounds harsh, but it's the best idea I've got.

On the second paragraph, yea its what we do. Problem is if you lose the battle you go back to base. And mostly, Frost lost battles cause we were massively outnumbered by active people in every instance I popped into (even the ones we won). TBH several times I just said f it, and tanked the living **** outta my factionmates on the other side so I could rack up scores.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Saethos - it's not that i have uber gear. When i get hit by 5~8 people, hitting 6~15k each. All those hits register as i die in my damage log. So basically i just have to go in and get hit by lots of people and die gloriously. If i had better gear, maybe i could live through the exchanges more often, at present i just use diamond sutra, hp pot, instant pot and hope to live.

I'm not implying uber gear, but theoretically if you did have uber gear and tanked the hell out of everyone then you'd get more points, no? So then taking a crapton of damage, say the same values (yay for vit stones vs JoSD? Lol) and lived through it, you'd have more time to get hit more often and thus, more time to build contribution.

Also, I had a few wars just like that as well. I won't forget the time it was crhistmas to me because I was getting hit, enemies were clustered but too far from me to hit and Reckless Rush was on cooldown, so I leaped and found myself close enough for Flame Tsunami and oneshot 4 people, almost killed their archer, which I did after Flame and used smack. Dead archer. Oh, I also had the flag...It was awesome.

Though nothing beats the highlight mentioned earlier with the abrb almost making it, me saying no, and the wiz killing him...That was awesome teamwork, and the wiz wasn't even in my squad. I later friended him ad we've been running together since, and we work well together.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I'm not implying uber gear, but theoretically if you did have uber gear and tanked the hell out of everyone then you'd get more points, no? So then taking a crapton of damage, say the same values (yay for vit stones vs JoSD? Lol) and lived through it, you'd have more time to get hit more often and thus, more time to build contribution.

Yes, i believe that would work. I am contemplating whether josd would work better or vit stones. Once people upgrade, attack lvls will be 120~200 range.

Maybe they should just introduce +20 vit stones to make it fair b:victory.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Full JoSD is the way to go if your BM is your main pvp'er.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012

100% Fact. By asty's calc and seeing the difference between a guy I know with the same exact build, except he has vit stones - and pulling the same mobs. I tank way better.

+20 vit stones would be extremely busted, please god no.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    But for this, you'd be taking harder hits. It seems the higher the hit value the more points even if you are taking the hit, so take a harder hit then have HP to sustain it = more points.
    100% Fact. By asty's calc and seeing the difference between a guy I know with the same exact build, except he has vit stones - and pulling the same mobs. I tank way better.

+20 vit stones would be extremely busted, please god no.

Just impliment the creation stone! http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/23466
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    But for this, you'd be taking harder hits. It seems the higher the hit value the more points even if you are taking the hit, so take a harder hit then have HP to sustain it = more points.

Just impliment the creation stone! http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/23466

This is from an old post:
    My other thought process is the difference between the HP of JoSD and Vit stone.

JOSD: 48%
    Vit Stone: 3.6k hp (47/36 Pdef Mdef per Stone. 1128/864. 8% buffer from N3 = 2030/933)

But, were looking at hit damage overall:

On a 40k hit, even at the 1.3% per JoSD Calc - thats 27.52k damage - but lets say we just reduced 12.48k, thats not even close to 3.6k hp. I'd doubt the 933 mag def would make up for another 8k.

30k hit: 9.36k reduction. Not close to the 3.6k, and also - +11 R9 just survived that 30k hit in JoSD, Vit Stone would not.

20k hit: 6.24k. Again, not quite even to 3.6k.

10k hit: 3.12k. Now were close to the 3.6k.

So as the damage scale gets smaller, the Vit Stones I would assume are more worthy. Personally, Im usually more worried about the high damage 1 shots than I am the smaller damage. I can survive smaller hits through charm ticks, heals, etc - but the big one shot hits, or that really **** my charm ticks are a problem. Damn wizzies and psys.

So really as long as the majority of your hits are 10k or less, Vit Stones are good until that HP is gone. Like I said in this old post, the small hits Im rarely worried about (Plus, Bramble).

Vit Stones will never be as good as JoSD. But, is JoSD 3x times better? No, save high damage hits.

Furthermore, you have to look at your total HP pool. 3.6k is not a bad upgrade to my current 22k on my BM...but 48 def levels is way better. But say on my barb? 3.6k is not as big of a factor to 38k, but I'd rather R9 another toon (or do stage 2) than do another set of jades. So I went vit and hit my 42k mark. But say you have like, 12k hp? 3.6k hp is a big deal.

I'm an HP (bleep) by far. But I looked at it from a serious survivability factor, and 20k+ is more than enough to charmtick through stuns. Vit stone or JoSD - if there are enough people unloading on you, you're dead regardless. Where my biggest concerns are the high damage huge hits from Wizzies and Psys. Wizzies and psys aren't going to be one shotting JoSD people easily. Vit Stones...3.6k is practically meaningless and its not enough MR from the Vit to truly matter. 3.6k is also not a big deal for sins or Archers to chew through either really in the grand scheme.

I mean, if you wanna be reasonable and dont want to pay 3x as much for shards, go vit. It's the best alternative to jades. But it's not as good.

So, in reference to your taking more damage and gaining more points:

The longer you live while being attacked, the more damage you take. Period. Its also damage that you deal too.

More survivability = more damage taken and dealt.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    This is from an old post:

So really as long as the majority of your hits are 10k or less, Vit Stones are good until that HP is gone. Like I said in this old post, the small hits Im rarely worried about (Plus, Bramble).

Vit Stones will never be as good as JoSD. But, is JoSD 3x times better? No, save high damage hits.

Furthermore, you have to look at your total HP pool. 3.6k is not a bad upgrade to my current 22k on my BM...but 48 def levels is way better. But say on my barb? 3.6k is not as big of a factor to 38k, but I'd rather R9 another toon (or do stage 2) than do another set of jades. So I went vit and hit my 42k mark. But say you have like, 12k hp? 3.6k hp is a big deal.

I'm an HP (bleep) by far. But I looked at it from a serious survivability factor, and 20k+ is more than enough to charmtick through stuns. Vit stone or JoSD - if there are enough people unloading on you, you're dead regardless. Where my biggest concerns are the high damage huge hits from Wizzies and Psys. Wizzies and psys aren't going to be one shotting JoSD people easily. Vit Stones...3.6k is practically meaningless and its not enough MR from the Vit to truly matter. 3.6k is also not a big deal for sins or Archers to chew through either really in the grand scheme.

I mean, if you wanna be reasonable and dont want to pay 3x as much for shards, go vit. It's the best alternative to jades. But it's not as good.

So, in reference to your taking more damage and gaining more points:

The longer you live while being attacked, the more damage you take. Period. Its also damage that you deal too.

More survivability = more damage taken and dealt.

Seems prices are pretty different over there on HT. I'd pay 3x for Jades, but I'd be reluctant. See, I'm a merch, so all my coin was gained through game only, I have nothing to lose to go jades, however, if I'm reluctant at 3x the price, it's a hell no at 4x the price here on RT. 1 JoSD = 4 vits...By the time I finish my chestpiece with JoSD I'd have 4 pieces fully vit sharded over here. So I'm going vit, while I agree Jades are better...

But let the record show, I was referring to this...
    So I wonder if you were being all uber tank and had the flag, took a ton of damage, but also dished out some serious punishment, how much contribution you would get? brb rolling r9t3+12 vit stone pure vit build demon arma barb with massive tree of protection buff!

from an earlier post in this thread. That's a big HP barb...Not as big as sage, mind you, but big.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Seems prices are pretty different over there on HT. I'd pay 3x for Jades, but I'd be reluctant. See, I'm a merch, so all my coin was gained through game only, I have nothing to lose to go jades, however, if I'm reluctant at 3x the price, it's a hell no at 4x the price here on RT. 1 JoSD = 4 vits...By the time I finish my chestpiece with JoSD I'd have 4 pieces fully vit sharded over here. So I'm going vit, while I agree Jades are better...

But let the record show, I was referring to this...

from an earlier post in this thread. That's a big HP barb...Not as big as sage, mind you, but big.

Those armas arent as big as you'd think. I lay out way more damage with the BM because I have more harder hitting skills.

Now, also keep in mind - sure its hard to put the barb down. But the smart NW teams will just CC the barb while a wizzie takes it out. The BMs they don't get as crazy on. BUT - I know most good barbs score way better.

Not that Im a good PvPer, but I know I'm better than a few other BMs & Barbs I know with similar gear. Save Sunday, I score way better than them. I think you need to take more into account about not only damage absorption, but overall effectiveness - the damage you deal matters too. Winning the battle, carrying flags, matters too. If you just stand around and soak damage, you aint gonna gain land, and you're gonna get land locked for an hour like I did on Sunday.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    I have found my ideal situation to getting a good score in nw.

Find a barb, and go at it with each other for 2~4 minutes, using claws, skills, and neither one dying. You will get 1k~3k score b:chuckle. I did that with a barb yesterday, it was 10 vs 20. In the first set, we got the flag across, we were 10.

Next time i came across a barb, we kept on trying to kill each other. 4 minutes, everything was on cool down for me and i died. I got 2.6k from that battle. No other battle that i have been a part of has given me that high a score for one fight. I used claws+axe. Claws to build chi for diamond sutra and drake bash. It was fun b:pleased.

Now that i have 13.7k hp on bm, i find i can take more damage from archers. There are lots of r9 bows flying around, not many are refined though, so they don't hit as hard.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Jaabag, just to add to what you posted. This is what we did for the 1st hour of Nation War last night. Our 5 man team took as many lands as we could. We defended when we had to or forced to, but were almost always on offence. We all got low conti but we were 2nd place in lands. For the 2nd hour we ate into the leading nations lands. But instead of getting flags we just killed and assisted the flag runner. At the end we came in 2nd place by only one land. The average contri for the squad was around 12k and I got 192 tokens that war.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    I need to find blade tornado, but sword cyclone is OP b:laugh. People literally pm'ed me "WTF dude". There were about 6 players fighting over the flag in the middle. Drop in, sword cyclone+pan gu. The sin digging died, killed a few more people. Died as well.

One time, went against a r9 psy, i knew from icon that person hits me hard. Cloud sprint, blade hurl, stun, dd away, seal, and luckily someone else killed the psy. Had it not been for bladehurl i would have died trying to close that distance.

Charm+pan gu essence = increased my score to 8~9k mark, i got twice as many tokens. 2 event charms though b:angry.

So far my strategy for taking on damage seems to work.

Charm+hp pot+diamond sutra = take about 20~60k damage before i die.

Best fights, when your side has 4~10 people, other side has 20. I had a few fights like that, got 1.2k~2k contribution in those fights. Other fights were 50~300 range.

First hour i score the most, 2nd hour has a much lower score for me.

My observations for the sunday NW.
  • UIquiorra_ - Lost City
    UIquiorra_ - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Number one BM enemy in NW: all the rocks and trees in the way.

This = ALL the feels! V.V I can't even count how many rocks/trees I've gotten stuck in and I've only done about 4 NW's. FIX IT PWI!!!b:angry
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Heh if you watch my last NW video I actually get stuck in a clump of bushes while carrying the flag. Game over cause I can't fly with flag.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Actually, I dont think the battlegrounds were well made/tested in terms of terrain.

There is a lot of stuck places, but so far Ive been able to get out of them. I know tricks with that, but I know of several people who have had to die to get out of a few terrain areas.

I do LIKE the rocks and trees tho, it adds depth/difficulty to the instance, along with giving some casters and archers a better chance. There has been many who hide in the **** and they're a pain to get to and kill.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Today was fun. I was explaining NW to another bm friend, first time she was doing it. We stayed together most of the time for 2 hours. We took down practically every opponent we got.

Barbs, she used r9 axes, i used claws. Our stun timing is great from our pve runs. Who ever roars first, the other follows at the end. Works out beautifully, saves on having to use drake bash. This means we both get to use demon hf on people.

We had fights with 3~6 people attacking us two. Our stuns saved our buts often. We did die in the end, that was because the 2 barbs, 1 seeker in the middle died, archer, cleric had us locked down, we couldn't move.

There was one fight which i remember well. Us two vs archer, wizzy, cleric. My friend got in the middle of it first. Naturally the seals, stuns had her pinned down. I went after archer first, cloud sprint, archer immediately ran back. I changed directions and went to cleric, stun+claws = cleric dead. With the last few seconds, i went and hit the wizzy, that sent the wizzy away. In that time, my friend was free, we both attacked the archer, because wizzy was r9. So was archer, but archers are easier to kill. Stun+claw+mire+aoe = archer dead. That left the wizard. I let my friend hit first, wizard moved back, used run skill, stunned wizzy. Friend catches up, stuns again when mine wears off. I use drake bash, and we keep the wizzy locked down. Took us some time to kill wizzy, but worked out in the end.

I noticed one very sad thing in NW. Venos running around with no bramble. Stun+claws = dead veno, i hit venos for 1~2k normal hit. 4k~5k crit. Most veno have 4~10k hp. One stun length is often enough to kill them with claws at 2.5 aps normal. Other times, i came upon map spot, venos barb hanging around, no one has bramble. I whip out my claws and have fun.

Barbs are particullary squishy againt claws it seems. Very few barbs tend to use barb skills when fighting. I did get armaed by a barb for 18k b:laugh.

If the fight size is small, 3 vs 6 or something like that. Ignore people and go for the flag. Chances are score will be higher that way. Because there are few people, it is easier to slip past others or not to be able to stop a flag carrier.

I can not reiterate this enough, slow classes should not carry flags b:cry. We had a mystic carry a flag. The battle began as 20 vs 1, 20 being us. By the time the mystic was 1/2 way, 1 minute later, it was 20 vs 7. 3 minutes after getting flag, it was 20 vs 20. That battle ended with 3 minutes to spare. Had it been a fast flag carrier, the land could have been won much quicker and we could have fragmented the attack of opposing side. Carrying flag only, does not get you many points.

My hypothesis remains, the nations with lowest people tends to score the highest. I am guessing the OP people in server tend to find themselves in the low number nation and they steam roll lands. One nation always has 13~30 people less compared to the rest usually.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Taking on damage and dealing any damage to lots of players seems to work well. I remember last NW I got into a 20 v 3 with 6 minutes to go, 20 being the opposing side. I was out of charm and low on pots. The other 2 went and hid somewhere, so just for the heck of it I popped antistun, marrow and charged out and whacked as many players as I could before dying. Took 3 minutes to get 6 deaths and booted. On the 4th minute they'd won. Got just under 600 points for going leroy for 3 minutes.

Also agree with Jaabg on barbs. I like a good solid barb or seeker with a non-lethal weapon who doesn't back down, I'll pull out claws and rack up DD and damage taken. I kinda see barbs as big point bags.

Not liking Reckless Rush either. The 1 second delay is just enough to guarantee a fail on anyone you're chasing. If you do pull it off and stun it's amazing, really wish it didn't have a delay. Guess it works for ambushing the one squishy cleric flying over every battle on support. And ofc for the ranged class hiding behind the wall of bushes.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Finally our squad stayed together for the 3/4 of NW. What this means.

First hour 5k points, next hour 2k points. We go broken up after the first hour. When we got back, we just carved through the other territory. It did not matter if it was 20 vs 20, or 20 vs 10. People had great fun pking, protecting flag carriers, not spawn killing and enjoying the game. It was sad to land locked, but we accept that OP people don't care about the fun for others. Even when we had fight against some R9 3rd cast op squads, the tip helped.

Just before flag finishes, hit holy path, around 90% done. It gives you the speed to jump out and clear the area. Use cloud sprint if no enemy around, use will of bod if you see enemy moving in. Go with charger orb on next part, you want to rush by so you are out of range of skill that will stun, seal you. After that use last running skill remaining, or if on charger orb power, use that and win. In this whole time, you will only be out of running speed for 1~2 seconds, time to click skills and activate.

There were times, when i went to help flag carriers, but 3~6 people attack me. I forego the ability to chase flag carrier, pop pan gu, take the damage, pop ad, keep on taking damage, click diamond sutra keep on taking damage. Use hp pots and charm. I might last 8~18 seconds and die. In those 8~18 seconds, i have created enough distance that others can not chase the flag 1 person is tying up 3~6 of their. That means 18 vs 14/17.

I have noticed, first hour = most points. Next hour hardly any. I guess once my gear changes and new map is here, that would change.

I haven't seen people mention it here much, but i saw Capn use it. Use blade tornado often. I one shot quite a few clerics with it, and it is aoe. I take that time to catch up to people.

Most sins, barb, bm, archer have no clue if you close the distance and move to melee range right in their face. People panic.

Brambled folks - squishy - Do axe skill damage, if the damage is considerable, 25~50% of damage of total hp, try another aoe skill and see if you can kill them. If charm ticks, switch to claws and kill the person. You will kill the person before bramble hurts you.

1 sin today killed him/herself while i was brambled, i didn't have to do a thing. I was aoeing the other sin with claws and axes.

Venos often walk around with no bramble, most veno = smack+close distance+stun+claw = dead veno. They don't have high hp. If you find claws are ineffective, run.

My aps in claws is 2.5, i don't switch to aps gear, takes too much time and can get hit by anyone in that time.

To make things short, don't spawn kill and use blade hurl often.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWeJounIy9g
    This is how to capture the flag as BM. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Mhmm I usually Cloud Sprint while getting out of the pit, Charger Orb, then Will of Bodhi at the end to avoid last second stuns. Sometimes I'll Will of Bodhi earlier if enemies are around.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Mhmm I usually Cloud Sprint while getting out of the pit, Charger Orb, then Will of Bodhi at the end to avoid last second stuns. Sometimes I'll Will of Bodhi earlier if enemies are around.

Try using holy path as soon as you finish, it gives you 2~5 seconds of extra speed that can come in handy. I used to do it like you before, but tried holy path last night, makes you close to untouchable.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWeJounIy9g
    This is how to capture the flag as BM. b:laugh

You know at 1:50, there is rubble between two banners/shield, and between the next two it is clear ground. You take the clear ground.

If you jump over the rubble and go straight down, it saves a few more seconds. You know the pillars/towers at 1:56 you go in the middle of? I tend to be on the left side of left tower/pillar, when taking the above path.

Just a thought, if you find yourself in a pinch and want an alternate route.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Never Ever Get Out Of Magical Marrow! You Will Die.
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Balance ftwb:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012

In nation war i don't bother with magic marrow, i die faster with magic marrow on. In tw, i am never out of magic marrow. Sins die the moment they come out of stealth in tw, in nw, they get a good deal of damage before you can turn on them.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited December 2012

We have BMs on Loth that stay in Phys marrow. It makes me weep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    We have BMs on Loth that stay in Phys marrow. It makes me weep.

Totally agree that magic marrow is the way to go, but I always click phys marrow then mag marrow for 20 chi as I run. Alot of times I click the mag marrow too fast and it doesn't activate and I accidently run around with phys marrow on x.x Or I click and accidently drag my magic marrow around the hotkeys without actually activating it. Mistakes. I mean to be in magic marrow but have key clicking problems and people whisper me "why are you phys marrow?"... Oops.

Last nw I had a sin pop stealth on me with a stun and I had just hit phys marrow but hadn't hit mag marrow yet. Accidently perfect timing, lol. He must've thought '****' when he started apsing me doing 190 damage per hit on a 12k hp bm.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Totally agree that magic marrow is the way to go, but I always click phys marrow then mag marrow for 20 chi as I run. Alot of times I click the mag marrow too fast and it doesn't activate and I accidently run around with phys marrow on x.x Or I click and accidently drag my magic marrow around the hotkeys without actually activating it. Mistakes. I mean to be in magic marrow but have key clicking problems and people whisper me "why are you phys marrow?"... Oops.

Last nw I had a sin pop stealth on me with a stun and I had just hit phys marrow but hadn't hit mag marrow yet. Accidently perfect timing, lol. He must've thought '****' when he started apsing me doing 190 damage per hit on a 12k hp bm.

Yeah, as long as there's no enemies around I'll use them for chi, always using Magic Marrow last. But I was fighting a BM today in Physical Marrow and he insisted it was the way to go. Some people are silly.

My response must be short, I'm in WS atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Balance ftwb:victory

At 5 fire affinity and 108 Energy, Balance ftl. If it was full movement debuff immune it would be a must. But alas, tried it, I thought it really sucked. Could just AD for a few more seconds worth of energy instead.
    Marrow

Phys to mag for chi is standard.

However, I do advocate mag marrow in NW until you get jumped by 2-5 sins. You lose about 6k pdef to gain 9k mdef, which is a big difference when youre talking about 5k mdef to 14k mdef. True, going down to 10k pdef self buffed is rough, but 14k pdef with cleric buffs is plenty if you have decent def levels.

Like night and day difference though versus AAs. I can have 4 psys pretty much murdering me but with mag marrow it only tickles and I can Will Surge and murder them instead. Unless its a pro DoT +12 R9 Wizard, most wizards aren't much of a hassle with this up too. Bulk of the problem children/damage I take comes from Wizzies and Psys. Most archers can beat on me all day (at least until purge happens, then only half a day).

The sin issue is a problem but thats why Pan Gu created Roar and AoEs - they don't usually have the pdef to survive you and you have multiple antistun options. Really if 1 pro sin or 4 sins jump you, you're prolly gonna AD or IG anyways. Ive had a +12 giant attack level R9rr sin pop out of stealth and nail me in mag marrow with my old gear, and I was fine. Just gotta survive for 30 seconds or risk pmarrow. Leap like crazy.

I have used pmarrow on purpose a few times tho. Once, when I was getting jumped by two sins and nobody else was around. A few other times vs some very inexperienced archers.

IF you do use phys marrow in a situation, ensure you are antistunned. Cause getting stunned in pmarrow really sucks if an AA or smart archer comes along.

But....since were talking NW, you shouldn't really be soloing 20 people anyways, and should have your support around, so really mag marrow is safe. Last sin-magnet issue I had the archer was nearby and I just antistunned, roared, fissured, and left while the archer killed the swarm of sins while in my head thanking them for the points.