DQ Items worthless

Options

Comments

• LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Honestly, i'm thinking the next content update will nerf what remaining dqs that are worth farming to 1 coin each also. I really hope i am wrong... but i think it will come soon. b:sad
    if that happens you see alot of people leave i know i would b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hmm, probably new system on which DQ items are now time limited?

Say if you didn't sell said DQ item within one hour, it will be gone. It will pretty much stop some botters b:shutup

That is a good idea - except for the dq items needed for bank quests.
  • GHSTrainer - Heavens Tear
    GHSTrainer - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Seriously..i used to farm on Old King Hill on my 60 cleric and make like 100k an our whih was pretty good then! So glad i have a veno i can farm with and a higher lvl to farm mats in hell..but at my low lvl thats what i did. Now you cannot..WTH!! I was gonna make a new character but now i really don't want to. How am i going to make cash? Why pw..please change this..please..
  • qupidyn
    qupidyn Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I found solution on this problem:
    solution.jpg
    Bot didn't do any quests, so now quests bring us a lot of money. Players don't need to grind over 10 years to have something. All quests should be giving us more then 6x coins like before. So make quest more important and filially I can use teleport to travel. I think is a good solution for all players. Drop from normal mobs can be now only a coins(No items at all)<Bosses drop is untouched>.
  • rikugx
    rikugx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Hmm, probably new system on which DQ items are now time limited?

Say if you didn't sell said DQ item within one hour, it will be gone. It will pretty much stop some botters b:shutup

Or other solution: Stop making more and more useless packs with 98% chance for tokens and focus on balancing the game and making anti bot programms -.-
    i played -removed- more save from bots then official games like PWI

qupidyn wrote: »
    I found solution on this problem:
    solution.jpg
    Bot didn't do any quests, so now quests bring us a lot of money. Players don't need to grind over 10 years to have something. All quests should be giving us more then 6x coins like before. So make quest more important and filially I can use teleport to travel. I think is a good solution for all players. Drop from normal mobs can be now only a coins(No items at all)<Bosses drop is untouched>.

Well quests only give more coins and are edited to be less grindy till lvl 80, up then its the same again, drop rate for DQ items sucks, you barley get any, mobs cast the sht out of you before you even rach them so you make more - when farming dq items then you can make + in any way
    only way i was able to farm roughly 300k per hour was in cave of sadistic glee, there the mobs dont cast at all and just hit ya. With a sin you can farm a little there but thats about it.
    Quests are worth nothing (1000 coins 50000 exp 3400 spirit at lvl 90 quests wohoo)
  • qupidyn
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Could be, but if they make quest more expensive, like on lvl100(10kk per quest), it should be interesting :D. I just looking for a solution, DQ farming WAS good, but now..no more. New players are so broke..they can't even use teleport to travel. Bots don't do any quests, so it could be the way for a solving this problems. Arch teleport cost 3000 coins, other city 1000, villages 4500-5000 or even higher. As you see, not all players are able to travel by this expensive teleport(s). 1 coin each DQ, and 1200~1450 coins each quest..terrible!. Cost of quests should be more, more and more increased then now and teleport cost for low lvls should be free at all. That's mine vision of solving this problem.
  • LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary
    LadyMaraJade - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    qupidyn wrote: »
    Could be, but if they make quest more expensive, like on lvl100(10kk per quest), it should be interesting :D. I just looking for a solution, DQ farming WAS good, but now..no more. New players are so broke..they can't even use teleport to travel. Bots don't do any quests, so it could be the way for a solving this problems. Arch teleport cost 3000 coins, other city 1000, villages 4500-5000 or even higher. As you see, not all players are able to travel by this expensive teleport(s). 1 coin each DQ, and 1200~1450 coins each quest..terrible!. Cost of quests should be more, more and more increased then now and teleport cost for low lvls should be free at all. That's mine vision of solving this problem.

you get free flyers and can fly from town to town which will save you coin from teleing b:bye

you need the coin more so for skills, armour and wepons
    they really need to bring back the dq prices or add another way to earn coins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Not forgotten!

The coin farming system should be out within the next couple of weeks.

- Val

It will be interesting to see what actually is done about this issue. If we go by PWE's track record, so far it's been about the same in terms of length of response (actual fix) as the censoring of player names a year ago, and goon glitching as well. It's been four months now, or so since this issue has arisen. Another two weeks is probably when the content patch will be pushed out.

I'm not going to be surprised if they keep most DQ at 1 coin each, and cover up this with quests being awarded more coins. This of course, doesn't fix the problem. The idea is people should be able to farm (and I do note that v4 uses the term "farm" as well), their drops and use them for coins. This means it needs to be just like DQ - all levels can obtain them, and sell them to an NPC for coins. If it's done like a recent poster stated - via coins, this will not fix the problem. For example, if the player finished all quests and just wants to grind for DQ drops and sell them for coins, this will not be possible.

So, let's hope this system doesn't just cover up the current issue with another bugged, issue. DQ drops have been nerfed twice now. The first time, we were awarded decent stuff in the DQ point shop, but not only were most items taken out of the shop, but no new items minus an expensive horse mount were added. If it's another bugged form of points like the above, it was a failed attempt again. New players can't make coins easily now, thanks to this.

But, PWE does have a track record for lying, and failing at things like this. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if what is planned is garbage, bugged, or not worth it. Like I said, if it doesn't fix the issue of getting coins for grinding mobsters, then it's not worth it.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary
    _Mr_Tanky_ - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It's obvious PWI is slowing down inside and outside. They obviously don't want future players to play on, and possibly pay them. No, they want to lower the prices to make people buy zen, pointless, cause there's a billion other mmo's out there.

All I can say is whutdafuq. lolwud.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

R8 101 Barb - Deleted by PWI. Customer care = 10/10!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It will be interesting to see what actually is done about this issue. If we go by PWE's track record, so far it's been about the same in terms of length of response (actual fix) as the censoring of player names a year ago, and goon glitching as well. It's been four months now, or so since this issue has arisen. Another two weeks is probably when the content patch will be pushed out.

I'm not going to be surprised if they keep most DQ at 1 coin each, and cover up this with quests being awarded more coins. This of course, doesn't fix the problem. The idea is people should be able to farm (and I do note that v4 uses the term "farm" as well), their drops and use them for coins. This means it needs to be just like DQ - all levels can obtain them, and sell them to an NPC for coins. If it's done like a recent poster stated - via coins, this will not fix the problem. For example, if the player finished all quests and just wants to grind for DQ drops and sell them for coins, this will not be possible.

So, let's hope this system doesn't just cover up the current issue with another bugged, issue. DQ drops have been nerfed twice now. The first time, we were awarded decent stuff in the DQ point shop, but not only were most items taken out of the shop, but no new items minus an expensive horse mount were added. If it's another bugged form of points like the above, it was a failed attempt again. New players can't make coins easily now, thanks to this.

But, PWE does have a track record for lying, and failing at things like this. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if what is planned is garbage, bugged, or not worth it. Like I said, if it doesn't fix the issue of getting coins for grinding mobsters, then it's not worth it.
    I agree 100%.

Who want's to place bets on what they'll do. I'm guessing that they'll either just add more coin rewards to the quests, (which has already been done to a small extent with the new quests for lower levels), or that they'll just adjust DQ values and/or add items to the DQ item shop.

In any case, I am almost positive that whatever they choose to do, will just be another band-aid patch that will more closely resemble the same slap in the face we got when they nerfed the prices originally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    It's obvious PWI is slowing down inside and outside. They obviously don't want future players to play on, and possibly pay them. No, they want to lower the prices to make people buy zen, pointless, cause there's a billion other mmo's out there.

All I can say is whutdafuq. lolwud.

Sad but true... I've never seen the servers so empty during the week... The amount of money they could continue to make if they just cared... you would have thought someone over there went to business school. The game has all the right elements, and a good following.. 10 years isn't out of the question if they just gave a damn.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    And "coin farming"? Really? Just fix the damn prices back to how they were[/I]

+1

We don't have the problems they have in the other version. We don't need their "solutions."

Just revert it for our version and everyone will be happy. I don't see why that isn't possible, and why it would not even be the easier solution than creating a whole new farming instance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited March 2013
    Options
    +1

We don't have the problems they have in the other version. We don't need their "solutions."

Just revert it for our version and everyone will be happy. I don't see why that isn't possible, and why it would not even be the easier solution than creating a whole new farming instance.

Wouldn't it be just irresistibly amazing if PWE had a set of developers and could change the code to fix some of the stuff like this? Shame that Wanmei has total dominance. PWE puts on a mask and pretends to take control of the game, but all they really do is host the server, localization, sales, and run a website/forums.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They should just ban all botters and their main accounts. But a general search, will show some programs are claiming they are undetectable by the game.

Personally I wouldn't bot, but I wish PWI would do something about those that do and bring the game back to its actual players, not slap them in the face.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited March 2013
    Options
    They should just ban all botters and their main accounts. But a general search, will show some programs are claiming they are undetectable by the game.

Personally I wouldn't bot, but I wish PWI would do something about those that do and bring the game back to its actual players, not slap them in the face.

Easier said than done, unfortunately. Botting in PWI has been an issue since 08. I remember grinding Foxwing Supreme's for coin (DQ), and running into bots. I'd report then, and soon a GM would come by and ban them (The GM would whisper them first; If no response he would ban them temp).

Nowdays, the GMs aren't in-game nearly as much. Most of the time when I see a bot, I just let it do it's thing and don't bother sending a ticket or pressing the report to a GM button. Why wait 4-10 business days for the bot to get a temp ban? They will just make another account and repeat. This isn't as bad as PW-CN's botting problem, but it still sucks.

Something should be done to completely get rid of botting (Anti-**** system like some other games use). Then 3*s can be used for profit via mirages again, and DQ can not only get prices back on the items, but also back to the price that they were before the original first nerf.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm actually curious to see if the remaining dqs will retain their coin value after this content update.
  • qupidyn
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Who care about free players here?. Told me who?. PWI just looking for more money i mean for our cash, who cares about DQ items?. They told to me, that is because of bots in game but the truth is, they just want our money to spend to this game. If the problem was really bots, then they(PWI), should give us quest rewards coins x10 more then now. Like every quest give you from lvl1(10k each to..1.000.000 each on lvl50+, 10mil+ on lvl100+ etc), can they do this?. Yes, but NO, better to have nothing here and spend real money for stupid and useless token packs b:dirty b:kiss
    Buy well, cya. b:shutup
  • _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The worst part of this is that the rewards for DQ points aren't quite good enough to warrant taking away the in-game coin from the items. It's not like you can break the economy with DQ Points.

This is just sad.
    They do not have the player base they used to, and are not smart and have been told to stop. Everyone has posted this is not a good idea. It seems they just want to kill the game off, and are doing a good job. Most that I know, have stopped paying to play, and only log in for 2x or dailies, and it is hardly even worth that nowb:cryb:surrenderb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Canis_Regis - Raging Tide
    Canis_Regis - Raging Tide Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    As a starting player, it is hard or near impossible to survive past lvl 60 and keep up with gears and skills updated, without spending money.
    Being forced to merchant in low lvls, just to afford being on par at higher lvls sucks.

I've got a lvl 3x that i farm mats with, i'm losing potions by tons and my coins go up only by 1-2k every time i have to clear up my inventory. Without selling, i make close to nothing, so farming DQ really sucks under 81.

DQ 81+ items drop from way high HP mobs compared to the time needed to kill them and costs. That is IF you can make it to 81+ without merchanting or spending money.]

As a beginner, i'd probably go quest quest quest solo..then omg incredibly high hp mobs/ impossible boss to solo in FB... QQ help..get help...proceed same until 60, if you don't quit somewhere before because there's usually NO ppl at quest areas any more ( thx FCC overpaid lvls). At 75-80 it's really hard to lvl with HH quests and grinding provides....you guessed it.. ZERO coins as it costs more to repair and buy pots than you can make from items dropped. Only if you EVER make it to 100 somehow merchanting and buying hypers, FINDING ppl to make FC runs with ( which are obsolete now even 90+) then you can start praying for 2-5mil rewards or merchant even more to afford better gears...which will take like 1year + to get decent in pvp terms. It's too much of a grind and hassle farming compared to fun you can get now.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    another coin sink because of teleporting, so really gained nothing
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Wouldn't it be just irresistibly amazing if PWE had a set of developers and could change the code to fix some of the stuff like this? Shame that Wanmei has total dominance. PWE puts on a mask and pretends to take control of the game, but all they really do is host the server, localization, sales, and run a website/forums.

Sadly, I'm starting to agree. Check this thread I made Solution Ideas. Perhaps this is something you could share your ideas in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Added a new series of coin quests for players Lv21-80. These quests are available daily, and should offer a fun new way to earn coin for low to mid-level players!

Head over to your local Jolly Old Jones and ask him about Daily Bounty Orders! (421 835 at Inn of the Eagle, 257 689 at the Northern Pass, or 369 462 at Battlemark Village)

Has anyone had a chance to try this out yet?

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options

I did for my alt at level 70ish, very nice, as an opener, Jolly will give out 150k, and then he said he will give 7 tokens per day, which you can trade for a quest for each token.

Every token/quest finished gave me 88k coins. So 7x88k = 500k+ a day!
    And the quests are very easy except for this 1 quest I've been stuck, need to look for an Advanced Grinding Machine, the quest log gave out wrong coordinates in which nothing to be found there :\

If you have a lot of alts at level 70ish.. just calculate how much you can get in a day just by doing simple quests..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Options

I keep getting the quest to farm the "Cabala Stone" which does not appear to exist in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chad0007
    chad0007 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    why cant I combine diamond of tigers in to Diamond of Dragons at jewelcraftsman anymore? every since the patch, they option to has disappeared. any help would be nice.
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I've done a few of the quests and some of the items either don't work, have large spawn times or don't exist. The ones that do work give coin...

for example the quest to find a root down near tellius (i forgot which one) is hit or miss with the spawns... The quest to make perfect flesh doesn't work, you always produce rough flesh at the advanced grinding machine (which didn't show up at first when the servers came back up). There is a quest to observe a new dragon in a lake up north but no matter what i do the quest doesn't trigger. The quest with the Evolved Serpent Soulchasers does work though.
  • lordhanzo
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I've done a few of the quests and some of the items either don't work, have large spawn times or don't exist. The ones that do work give coin...

for example the quest to find a root down near tellius (i forgot which one) is hit or miss with the spawns... The quest to make perfect flesh doesn't work, you always produce rough flesh at the advanced grinding machine (which didn't show up at first when the servers came back up). There is a quest to observe a new dragon in a lake up north but no matter what i do the quest doesn't trigger. The quest with the Evolved Serpent Soulchasers does work though.

The ones that told you to observe a dragon mob, just go into the lake and swim near the dragon, if you're close enough the quest will be completed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How long does the quests take ? And does it give exp also ?
  • lordhanzo
    edited March 2013
    Options
    How long does the quests take ? And does it give exp also ?

The quest takes less than 10 minutes to finish (at least the finish-able ones..), and it doesnt give any exp nor sp, just coin. Of course if the quest told you to kill some mob, you will get exp from that mob...

I know Im not gonna level my alts beyond lvl 79 lol, im accepting the free 150k coins/day + 7 tokens*88k coins over easy tasks.

*it gives 20k coins per token for char lvl 20ish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Options
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    The quest takes less than 10 minutes to finish (at least the finish-able ones..), and it doesnt give any exp nor sp, just coin. Of course if the quest told you to kill some mob, you will get exp from that mob...

I know Im not gonna level my alts beyond lvl 79 lol, im accepting the free 150k coins/day + 7 tokens*88k coins over easy tasks.

*it gives 20k coins per token for char lvl 20ish.

ah thats not bad, ty for the info b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.