DQ Items worthless

Comments

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Recently started playing my mystic again and I can say for sure now that this change makes things very difficult for lower players. The "upgraded" quest rewards have not allowed me to be able to afford skills, and she only has half decent gear because I finally gave up trying to have her earn her own coin and passed her some hand-me-downs from my main. I used to grind for this sort of thing, but now she finishes a pile of quests and has maybe two armor drops and one mat worth any coin, and an inventory full of worthless DQ items. Despite how these quests are supposed to make up for the drops, her skills are all lower than they should be at that level and she has like 60k coins.

So my little test has resulted in my finding that unless I fund her from my main account, I would never run her in a random squad for anything because I can't keep her skills/gear at an acceptable level via her own funds. It should not be this way.

If we can't grind to get money for gear and skills, and quests don't give enough, what are we supposed to do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SteelStar - Heavens Tear
    SteelStar - Heavens Tear Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Recently started playing my mystic again and I can say for sure now that this change makes things very difficult for lower players. The "upgraded" quest rewards have not allowed me to be able to afford skills, and she only has half decent gear because I finally gave up trying to have her earn her own coin and passed her some hand-me-downs from my main. I used to grind for this sort of thing, but now she finishes a pile of quests and has maybe two armor drops and one mat worth any coin, and an inventory full of worthless DQ items. Despite how these quests are supposed to make up for the drops, her skills are all lower than they should be at that level and she has like 60k coins.

So my little test has resulted in my finding that unless I fund her from my main account, I would never run her in a random squad for anything because I can't keep her skills/gear at an acceptable level via her own funds. It should not be this way.

If we can't grind to get money for gear and skills, and quests don't give enough, what are we supposed to do?
    Sadly, PWE only wants to have the cash shoppers, because that is how they make their money and could give a damn about the F2P.
    It's a game and I'm proud to be a stupid fail demon barb!
    My EPIC Fail Demon Barb has 40k/48k HP and my stat points are as follows:
    VIT 552 STR 310 DEX 60! b:surrender
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

1 - buy zen

2 - sell gold for coins

3 - spend coins on gear and skills.

b:surrender
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
    edited February 2013
    Bump because I think this is a really important matter and don't want GMs to forget that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Did my first Legion Attack since the change. What should have been 600K worth of drops wasn't. If I didn't need the DQ points for charms I would have been tearing my hair out for wasting an hour of my life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    edited February 2013
    Bump because I think this is a really important matter and don't want GMs to forget that.

Too late.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sadly, PWE only wants to have the cash shoppers, because that is how they make their money and could give a damn about the F2P.

I guess they managed to make customers of both categories flee, given all of the successive bad decisions of theirs. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    The comfort of the rich depends on an abundant supply of the poor

--Voltaire

IJS if I cashed I'd want the free players to be rich so they'd buy my stuff
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To karmelia: I did not know devs had pirate blood in them (no, not cyber pirates)
    The comfort of the rich depends on an abundant supply of the poor

--Voltaire

IJS if I cashed I'd want the free players to be rich so they'd buy my stuff

That is perfectly correct.
    I joined this game partially because you could get boutique items with in-game coins. If one major way of making coins is nerfed, the whole chain is affected (if of course you suppose the cash-shoppers buy materials from vendors* and resell boutique items/gold for profit).

*you can easily guess who farms the mats in the first place.
    Did my first Legion Attack since the change. What should have been 600K worth of drops wasn't. If I didn't need the DQ points for charms I would have been tearing my hair out for wasting an hour of my life.

...sounds legit.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • falchca
    falchca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    That's just NICE. I've come back ingame after a few months of absence and what do I see. Next minute after I saw the cost of 51 DQ item I wanted to uninstall the game immediately. Just 'cause it's too much.

I've left another official server of Perfect World for it had become impossible to play without charging gold and all good administration could do for players was throwing in new "chests". I was really happy to find out that PWI was different, loyal to players. That was few years ago. I've been watching it getting worse for some time already. And now it's an epic failure.
  • moussakka
    moussakka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    1 - buy zen

2 - sell gold for coins

3 - spend coins on gear and skills.

b:surrender

High level people that can buy gold are making money by selling tt mats, tm runs, fc heads, etc.
    This way get money from lower level people - guess what happens if lowies barely can't afford tt mats or fc heads

Who can buy the gold from cashers wihtout significantly less ingame money generated??

PWI cutting its own income? b:surrender
  • SwiiftArk - Sanctuary
    SwiiftArk - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have they all pretty much ignored this thread still?
    (Edit because I think I got my GMs confused xD)
  • Axejst - Archosaur
    Axejst - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have they all pretty much ignored this thread still?
    (Edit because I think I got my GMs confused xD)

You bet they have and will continue to do so. They have what they want - everyone has pretty much shut up and sucked up the fact that they have to cash shop. And they have. For a few weeks I was logging my toons in to gather 2 shards and reflect once a week but I haven't even done that in 2 weeks now. I don't think I'll be playing again.

I will come back once in a while to watch it burn down though. Love a good demise, and I've watched plenty of online games burn :)
  • karmelia
    edited February 2013
    3 months and counting.....

• Xdraskyx - Heavens Tear
    Xdraskyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    what is this almost all servers bout empty? OOoohh thats the DQ price drop and this so called noob p lvl stuff. thanks alot PWI
  • Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Goodie-been a while since l've seen this thread pop up b:cold

hope something gets done about this in the next update b:surrender

Even merching in the Arch server's stopped making as much money as it used to.
    The merching system is shaped like a funnel, posting merching guides in place of the old 'save your coins' guide doesn't make coins magically appear... atleast there are still unbanned botters in heaven and hell that produce coins which will eventually end up in my catshop. b:shutup
  • khethos0001
    khethos0001 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've stopped logging into PWI since I saw the DQ nuke, tried playing for 2-3 hours, saw that my L54 Veno was having a net loss of coin even though I was making sure not to get hit (repair bills) and no good income and no reason to farm for coin just made the game worthless to me.

If the game was still good and if I still had friends on here and had expendable income, I'd pay for cubi here and there. All these "fixes" that push away people from playing make no reason to spend money or bother with the game.

In the end, I spent over 4 years playing with many different characters and met some wonderful people on here during those years, but this nerf drove away friends that were already playing and makes no reason to ask people to join this game. I've gone to other games now.

I'll just check back on the forums once a month or so and read patch notes for a little while longer, then I'll just stick with other games and leave a game that was once my all time favorite.

If anyone from PWE will read this:

You had lost at least 20 players (half of them heavy cash shop users) by making all these mistakes and driving away just one group of friends. Imagine how many more have abandoned this game due to crazy ideas like this.

Your company's games can't last all that long if you take out reasons to play with freebies with a company that makes so many free to play games. Word of mouth is the best advertisement since we've all learned to ignore conventional ads since we were little.
  • bitewarrior
    bitewarrior Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It first started as a Free to Play (F2P), than it became Pay to Win (P2W) and obviously PWE has took the turn to Pay to Play (P2P) and the final step to this triology is Got to Go Play Elsewhere (G2GPE).

Loved this game, but there is no way the community will get better i will they are just grabbing all they can't before bailing off on us players.

b:bye

P>S> to buy Gold you need coins if no one has coins ,,,no one has reson to sell gold. when you reach lv 70 and realize you got to shell in 50$ to progress to lvl90 to realize you need to shell in another 200$ +, if you did not quit at lvl 70 you will at 90 and i bet 90% on new player if there is any new, leave at lvl 70 where it is the most demanding in effort for no coins to progress.
  • Je////y - Archosaur29
    Je////y - Archosaur29 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    moussakka wrote: »
    High level people that can buy gold are making money by selling tt mats, tm runs, fc heads, etc.
    This way get money from lower level people - guess what happens if lowies barely can't afford tt mats or fc heads

Who can buy the gold from cashers wihtout significantly less ingame money generated??

PWI cutting its own income? b:surrender

lowbies can form groups and farm TT same as anyone else can its weather or not they are to dam lazy to do stuff for themselves.
  • Je////y - Archosaur29
    Je////y - Archosaur29 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It first started as a Free to Play (F2P), than it became Pay to Win (P2W) and obviously PWE has took the turn to Pay to Play (P2P) and the final step to this triology is Got to Go Play Elsewhere (G2GPE).

Loved this game, but there is no way the community will get better i will they are just grabbing all they can't before bailing off on us players.

b:bye

P>S> to buy Gold you need coins if no one has coins ,,,no one has reson to sell gold. when you reach lv 70 and realize you got to shell in 50$ to progress to lvl90 to realize you need to shell in another 200$ +, if you did not quit at lvl 70 you will at 90 and i bet 90% on new player if there is any new, leave at lvl 70 where it is the most demanding in effort for no coins to progress.

its actualy most demanding at 90+ from 1-90 can be done rather fast with trashy gear just takes a lil patience and determination after 90 well if your not decently geared your screwed lol
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just started a new toon a couple days ago. I haven't spent coin for anything in the game, other than skills, no armor, no weapons, no pots. I'm sitting pretty after doing my lv 49 culti with 2k coins, and lots of left over spirit i cant use b/c im flat broke.

Out of making 8 toons i have never, NEVER EVER, ran out of coin before i ran out of spirit to train. Imo, if you cant put dq prices back , there needs to be some kind of coin infusion for levels 40 and up. Maybe a coin reward or something for bh 1 or such. b:sad
  • riogod
    riogod Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i bookmarked this thread at the beginning of the dq price decrease **** and stopped playing pwi (after years having fun with it)
    Now, weeks later i check back and what must i see: same...
    b:surrender BB, China has won
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This topic really still going on?
    edited February 2013
    y4kuzi wrote: »
    This topic really still going on?

It will stay going on until something is done about this situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If it would have been close, thats one thing, but i had around 270,000 SPIRIT points i could not use at level 49. I didn't have the coin to train even one new skill after doing culti 49. That's just unacceptable for anyone that's really new to the game and doesn't have a highbie to feed the lowbie coins. And its still what? about 25-30 levels to go before i would start getting dqs that were actually worth some coin?

Its no wonder there is barely anyone new coming into the game, and those that do, the majority leave after getting around lv 50-ish or so, while the remainder have to pull out the old CC just to get their skills.

Pathetic.
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So they drop the coins on DQ to 1 coins.

Its a major income for some but for a new player this game is **** up already. Started with doing normal quest. drops are not enough to buy skills or gear. Getting level 80 + you run into the problem most are not even doing any team play. BH being done without the expensive of the wine.........hardly see them on wc ask for BH29/39/51/59 or 69. Ever find a BH in Eden or Brim? (the instance that drops some skill-books)

NW makes it in possible to get a squad for Nirvana, TT or Lunar. Oh yeah they are some (mostly BH) but well heck you have to be 100...........kind of makes you wonder how to get gear at level 99. Some even demand "good gear" to join a group.

Making money on grind, gathering mats or DQ don't even work any more in this game. Paying 12-18 mil on a gold mat for TT99 gear is just a started on the cost to make your end gear. Not even talking on skills for a cleric call Revive! What is 25-40 mil after all the cleric needs that skill for its own right. Not even talking on the great system call single mode TT. mhhh got 2 drops today ........cost each in Ah 10K. Yeah thxs PWI I feel thankful now. So if I want my TT99 gear as a cleric I need to spent 128 mil to get the mats only? not even talking on the + or stones. Then there is this nice new way to get crystals en raps ..........yeah if you get up in the middle of the night to do it in europa. Want to make this game fun for all.........get off your high horses and go back to teamplay!!
    Hey everyone,

We know you're unhappy with this change, and I'm going to be looking into it.

We'll be speaking with the developers to get more information on the DQ item price decrease.
    Originally Posted by v4liance View Post

Now V4liance don't want to sound bad but is that not a standard remark form PWI support side?

Did you ever going to look into it like you promise months ago to look into different times for NW? We can't move to a different server ..........some kind of database problem ........mhhh wonder what is so hard to change a database? If you want ppl to spent more money on your games be a man and start the F2P into a monthly fee. At lease ppl know they have to spent a fortune to have a bit off fun in this game.

Kind of make you think ppl and pwi don't care much for this game but their self and their prove to be the best ........where is the fun?
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey folks,

New update:

We've been working with the developers to create an alternative method of coin farming for low to mid level players, and we're hoping to have this new system available before too long.

No promises on when this will be out, but I'm very hopeful that it will be live within 4-6 weeks.

Again, I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

- Val
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

New update:

We've been working with the developers to create an alternative method of coin farming for low to mid level players, and we're hoping to have this new system available before too long.

No promises on when this will be out, but I'm very hopeful that it will be live within 4-6 weeks.

Again, I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

- Val

Yay! Hopefully it will be out for ....whoops, almost said the S word there. don't wanna jinx it. b:mischievous Haha just kidding, thanks for the update.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Inb4 100K/mob coin drop in alpha/beta/gamma
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I honestly do not think it matters anymore..there are what 10-15 non alts below lvl 100 now per server ?

the game has needed to make the "grind" profitable for a long time, at this point the only people who will benifit from your "fix" are the botters...

Come on PWI do something to bring in and keep new players...i promiss some of them will cash shop once they get to 90+... but being uncle scrooge is not working its just killing this wonderful game..

You have sucked the marrow from your current cash shoppers..either grow a new crop or expect the weeds to take over...

We have what.maybe 2 or 3 TW battles per weekend now on a PvP server ? no-one wants to challenge Infamous (not hateing on Infamous as im sure they would like a few decent battles as well)
This discussion has been closed.