DQ Items worthless

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

New update:

We've been working with the developers to create an alternative method of coin farming for low to mid level players, and we're hoping to have this new system available before too long.

No promises on when this will be out, but I'm very hopeful that it will be live within 4-6 weeks.

Again, I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

- Val

Dear V4,

No offense to you and the developing team, but is it really impossible for them to paste back old values of coins for the DQs? Is it that difficult to correct a few lines of code to have it reverted to normal?
    b:surrender

So it means all of our DQ items really will end as worthless coin-wise (meaning the grinding and questing behind that was pointless too), that we are doomed to NPC them and begin anew on a hypothetical new system, a bit like what went for the supply stash... This does not amuse me at all.

Devs really don't want our version to be that different from the chinese one after all... Once they modify something it has to be the same for ours too, eh? I expect DQs 80+ to be nerfed now... I am sad you were not convincing to them enough there.

When I think about it, it really reminds me of the day the DQ system was put... It was supposed to be a compensation on the DQ nerfing (it's the third time we got one, btw), forced down our throats, set without many details of when, how or to what effect and we had to go through it because we had no other choice.
    The only thing that made me happy about the DQ rewards is that I could use makeover scrolls for my characters (after you guys allowed the partial .ini change)

I must say I am really disappointed by the PWE team once again there. I guess my dreams of making my characters progress are really kind of gone forever now. I'll really take a break from the game for a while if it is so...* I am feeling this last expansion put the final nail in the coffin for me.

(DQs collected and kept in bulk to not NPC them at 1 coin each -> clogged inventories -> no FB to not waste drops -> worthless wait -> despair and frustration building up, even more because the game became really unstable -> no wish to really play the game anymore)

*In fact I already began to do just that, as I am only playing the game to buy and sell items (not putting a catshop for days, weeks or months though).

PWI was fun for a while. Thanks for making me move on to other things.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd actually rather see RB alpha spit out craptons of coin, ijs.
    teach people early on how to zhen with their classes
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd actually rather see RB alpha spit out craptons of coin, ijs.
    teach people early on how to zhen with their classes

Not everyone does RB, you know.
    I am sure you would love that because you farm RB.

Besides, RB is a forsaken instance now (the value of fragments attests of this), since people prefer to waste time leveling up like crazy via a ToS rule-breaking method involving glitches or do BH in chain.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Nice talking Lesthar

But playing on Heaven myself I find a big lack of Squads for TT nirvana and lunar. Not even speaking off the BH19-59. BH 69-79 is done but most wined. BH89-99 ....mhhh do I ever see them in WC? Questing and grinding is oke but gets boring when the rewards lead you to no where.? Dont worry I started form level 0 to 98 without Pwlvl.

So if you talking about a subject: DQ make a part of the coins you can get to keep you daily cost to a minum. Want to take a part in change stuff: Do more Teamplay!!!
  • DoctorDark - Dreamweaver
    DoctorDark - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I made this cleric here since the dq nerfs. Done every quest and guess what? I have all my healing/buff/attacks(even metal mastery) maxed for my level. I didn't take a single coin from my main to feed this toon and I even had money to send my main.... Just do all your quests and learn which mats to farm. Not ones on the ground, ones from mobs, you know.. rough fur concentrated glue. Some of them go for 20k + each mat(on DW). Good luck and remember do your quests! b:bye
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2013
    I made this cleric here since the dq nerfs. Done every quest and guess what? I have all my healing/buff/attacks(even metal mastery) maxed for my level. I didn't take a single coin from my main to feed this toon and I even had money to send my main.... Just do all your quests and learn which mats to farm. Not ones on the ground, ones from mobs, you know.. rough fur concentrated glue. Some of them go for 20k + each mat(on DW). Good luck and remember do your quests! b:bye
    FYI, of all the classes, the cleric is one of the cheapest to get skills on. Try it again on a Psy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoctorDark - Dreamweaver
    DoctorDark - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    FYI, of all the classes, the cleric is one of the cheapest to get skills on. Try it again on a Psy.

I plan to try on wizzy, archer, psy and bm. Just trying to show that it's not impossible like all these people are trying to make it seem. b:bye
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    FYI, of all the classes, the cleric is one of the cheapest to get skills on. Try it again on a BM.

fixedb:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Sorry, i done every quest, sold every pot, arrow, no coin dqs to catshops, crafting mat drops to catshops (highest paying ofc), got the free dreamchaser pack so i didnt have to buy armor, pots or weapons, got the free charms, done the daily autum quest thing where its supposed to give you coin reward (never got the first coin from it), and still even after all that, i done my 49 culti and had 2k coin, and loads of spirit. I couldnt train any of the new skills i had opened up at 49. (Leveling a barb btw.)
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey folks,

New update:

We've been working with the developers to create an alternative method of coin farming for low to mid level players, and we're hoping to have this new system available before too long.

No promises on when this will be out, but I'm very hopeful that it will be live within 4-6 weeks.

Again, I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.

- Val

Sorry to not be more excited about this response. But really? Why is it so hard to just change back the values? We do not have the botting problems they have and we should not be punished because they have problems. In fact, the only problems we do have with botting is 90+ DQs and herbs. Will those be removed?

The problem with a new method of farming is that some of us like to do our quests, and there are so many quests available that it is hard to keep up. Normally, the killing of all these mobs for the quests gave us money in the form of DQ drops, and so we could go on questing *while* making enough money to level up our skills and gear. Unless your new method of farming involves new drops dropping from quest mobs, all you are doing is discouraging people further from running quests, since they will want to spend what time they have making money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I plan to try on wizzy, archer, psy and bm. Just trying to show that it's not impossible like all these people are trying to make it seem. b:bye

On my very first char, I had a mount, fashion, got married, spent 4m on a weapon, learnt all my skills and masteries and never sold mats to catshops cause I was nub and didn't even know what a catshop was, like most newbies. All before 70. The game was fun.

Requiring lots of experience and knowledge of the best mats to farm just to get the basic essentials isn't fun. Or realistic for someone just starting out on the game or even mmo's in general. It's bad enough gold is 15 times the price it once was without all these little coin cuts for the average lowbie.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to not be more excited about this response. But really? Why is it so hard to just change back the values? We do not have the botting problems they have and we should not be punished because they have problems. In fact, the only problems we do have with botting is 90+ DQs and herbs. Will those be removed?

The problem with a new method of farming is that some of us like to do our quests, and there are so many quests available that it is hard to keep up. Normally, the killing of all these mobs for the quests gave us money in the form of DQ drops, and so we could go on questing *while* making enough money to level up our skills and gear. Unless your new method of farming involves new drops dropping from quest mobs, all you are doing is discouraging people further from running quests, since they will want to spend what time they have making money.

I agree, i hope there are no new quests added, i currently have 14 quests in my to do list, 36 quests in my available list, have out leveled i know for sure around 20-ish (or more) and lost them. Currently im level 57, havent touched the tide quests, or the earthguard quests and i still have quests at sundown town. that puts me 25 levels or so ahead of where i should be.
  • Chronowarper - Sanctuary
    Chronowarper - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello to whoever important from PWE is watching this,

I would like to state a few things, and considering how bad it's become, go as far as to advertise.

1. This game has become increasingly newbie-unfriendly in the 2ish years I've been playing. No bh51/39/59 squads, no DQ cash, nothing.

2. A safe assumption as to why you want more cards sliding may be the part where your playerbase is shrinking far too fast and you're probably losing all your jobs faster than we're quitting the game.

Keeping the possibility in mind that MANY people are quitting the game,

-removed-

And many MANY others all over mmo database sites.

Bad move guys.

53 pages of advice, but you're still as stubborn as an elephant giving birth to a whale.

Sad.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sorry to not be more excited about this response. But really? Why is it so hard to just change back the values?

By adding a new way to farm coins, they'll be able to bug it at will, pretend they are working on a fix for it, and wait 6 months to fix it, and thus forcing you to charge zhen.

They would not be able to do that by changing the DQ items value back. b:laugh
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    For the 450th time Ill give you the answer Val

WRAITH ATTACKS

- change the 'secret letter' drops so wraith attacks occur more often - make them say 5% instead of the current .3% or whatever **** drop rate they are.

EDIT - add coin drops for low level wraith mobs as dq arent worth enough for lower levels. For 80+ the wraith attacks give enough rewards.

CONS
    - none

PROS
    - first and formost - they can be farmed and done by the people who actually want to/need to because those people can go grinding in the first place, to get the 'secret letters' which will activate a wraith attack.

IE - a rich cash shopper, merchant etc wont bother with them. People like me who are always looking for a dollar will do them regularly.

- because of their random nature - they cant be botted.

- no time frame discrimination.

- very very very simple thing to change - just one little thing - the secret letter. Surely that cant be a huge coding problem???
  • SOmeAsShOLe - Raging Tide
    SOmeAsShOLe - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Haven't read through most of this, but is it just me or do the DQ points not even refresh? Been waiting over a week for 1k+ dq points to come in and it's just not coming.... Am I under DQ arrest or something b:laugh
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2013
    Haven't read through most of this, but is it just me or do the DQ points not even refresh? Been waiting over a week for 1k+ dq points to come in and it's just not coming.... Am I under DQ arrest or something b:laugh

Mine hasn't updated since feb/7. Several things seem wonky with the website for me. My emotes haven't been working the last few days, nor the edit feature, but I've had no issue with the blessings while it seems to be broken for so many others.
  • Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver
    Ny_Naeve - Dreamweaver Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    It is very difficult to do quests on lowbie alts and have enough coin for skills and gear, I totally agree. If you have a high lvl that can help its not so bad - if this had happened 2-3 years ago when I first started I would have quit because of it. I had no high lvl main then to pitch in. It discourages NEW PLAYERS which is what this game REALLY NEEDS - instead of bored ppl making more alts (I'm soo guilty of this, lol). It will perhaps not totally kill the game for those already high level and here, but no new players will stick with it. Sad, but true - PWI really needs to fix it fast - I know people that started a few months ago, and quit already out of frustration. The recruitment drive is a waste of time - noone new will want to stay if they cant keep up with costs. Yes, there are alternative ways of making money, but other than farming mats, not many kick in til much higher levels. I don't know what else there is to say.....
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Mine hasn't updated since feb/7. Several things seem wonky with the website for me. My emotes haven't been working the last few days, nor the edit feature, but I've had no issue with the blessings while it seems to be broken for so many others.

Same here, and that was just within the last few days, prior to that it showed no items turned in. As for blessings, it seems to be broke or intentionally turned off for alts made since like the 1st of Feb.

From Support:

Thank you for your report. We are aware that some users are having issues when attempting to redeem the Facebook Connect Rewards. We'll be looking into a new solution to have this available again for a future update to the game. Until then, you'll need to continue with the remaining rewards that are still on the regarding character.

As if a new alt has a mailbox full of blessings.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    By adding a new way to farm coins, they'll be able to bug it at will, pretend they are working on a fix for it, and wait 6 months to fix it, and thus forcing you to charge zhen.

They would not be able to do that by changing the DQ items value back. b:laugh

VISA and Mastercard are the only two coins PW believes in now. b:laugh

Gone. Done and Dusted. Maxed out 3/4 other characters at a cost of 60 USD (initial purchase price) in other realms, having lots of fun (not here). Only semi maxed out one character here. Biggest waste of time in Perfect World. Least other title doesn't milk the customer for all their worth and only has cosmetic options. Sure character slots, inventory and bank slots may cost money in the "other realm" but I got that all for free. So funny watching all the PW Kiddies still playing this cash cow game. Still need that Rank 9 sorry most of the merchant market is corner. La la la. Heh. b:laugh

F[r]ee to play for a reason. To drain your wallet and provide no new content. Other game (not run by PWI) I play on has had 6 updates over 6 months. Fun as ever. Just have to log in and that's it. Very happy with this other game as well. Very happy not being PWI's cow.

Also very interesting how the most subscribers Perfect World International has on youtube are to RaiderZ and Blacklight Retribution.

Another software title recently put in a one-time payment option for their game that was a total unlock. I was very impressed, because, surprised surprised, they listened to their users -- 30 USD and you get everything. Here? Oh 100, 200 and watch all the people who are guilty go "Err well I'm still going in the latest platinum charm sale -- ROFL" paying for health and mana are you serious. NO JUST NO.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    falchca wrote: »
    That's just NICE. I've come back ingame after a few months of absence and what do I see. Next minute after I saw the cost of 51 DQ item I wanted to uninstall the game immediately. Just 'cause it's too much.

I've left another official server of Perfect World for it had become impossible to play without charging gold and all good administration could do for players was throwing in new "chests". I was really happy to find out that PWI was different, loyal to players. That was few years ago. I've been watching it getting worse for some time already. And now it's an epic failure.

Absolutely this. b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bump, so our great CM don't forget about this.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • moussakka
    moussakka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Before Sirens of War patch I used to make 1kk a day buying and selling Blacksmith mats and pet pag hay/fruit/fungus

My income constantly dropped since the DQ items nerv...

Now I barey make 200k a day, thats just enough to bay the teleport/repair costs

DQ nerv ruined the economy badass!!!

Nice job PWE b:angry just go ahead and slap the hand that feeds you...
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    moussakka wrote: »
    Before Sirens of War patch I used to make 1kk a day buying and selling Blacksmith mats and pet pag hay/fruit/fungus

Lol, you poor poor merchant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Cellerus - Archosaur
    Cellerus - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    moussakka wrote: »

If pwi makes a new way to farm that gives some non-trade-able item such as badges, you're still not going to make money.

look at the beginner's forums.... the old 'how to save money' guide has been replaced with a merching guide. b:lipcurl
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm actually curious since the DQ has stayed this way since Sirens, did anyone even do the Assault on the first few legion waves or did everyone essentially wait for the final 2 waves to make a decent amount of coin and surely someone had to face the bosses for the other legions to activiate so was only curious about anyone staying to actually grind DQ for those few waves with poor merit other than points?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    karmelia wrote: »
    Bump, so our great CM don't forget about this.

Not forgotten!

The coin farming system should be out within the next couple of weeks.

- Val
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2013
    Not forgotten!

The coin farming system should be out within the next couple of weeks.

- Val
    So when we get the update that will likely re-break things like PvP in SP, and other classic content.

And "coin farming"? Really? Just fix the damn prices back to how they were and start working on fixing the bots by actually having more GM's available to monitor and perma-ban. (None of that temporary ****.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2013
    So when we get the update that will likely re-break things like PvP in SP, and other classic content.

And "coin farming"? Really? Just fix the damn prices back to how they were and start working on fixing the bots by actually having more GM's available to monitor and perma-ban. (None of that temporary ****.)

Honestly, i'm thinking the next content update will nerf what remaining dqs that are worth farming to 1 coin each also. I really hope i am wrong... but i think it will come soon. b:sad
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm, probably new system on which DQ items are now time limited?

Say if you didn't sell said DQ item within one hour, it will be gone. It will pretty much stop some botters b:shutup
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
This discussion has been closed.