Want the new Dreamchaser Pack?

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I think the only advantage of abusing dreamchaser pack is that you got tons of free dragon orbs.. It can't be combined, can't be traded, but it can be used for refining service.. 10*1-star dragon orbs, 10*2-star, and 6*5-star dragon orbs per pack certainly helps to reduce refining service cost, so that profits would go up..

Everything else is like non-factor, isn't it?

A tons of teleacoustics, gardian scrolls, teleport stones and blinking poultice...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    exploiting glitches is not an intended part of the game!

Then why is the game so riddled with them?
    Why did it take PWI so long to do something about it? I mean the glitch is still there. All they did was adjust how much xp the mobs, give. In affect, killing the FC after the xp room.

Like i said, these glitches made PWI money. They found out about the glitch being abused in FC, they put on a charm sale. Nice way to stop it.
    NGTUy53.png

• nmpsin
    nmpsin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    foley3k wrote: »
    "exploiting" glitches is part of the game now get used to it.
    PWI doesnt care as long as the money is rolling in (they have already proved this. FC glitch? How many people were banned for that?).

Here is today's math lesson.

Glitches + leveling toons = More money for PWI

Big difference here. The FC goons glitch didn't take money out of their pockets, all it did was level people up. With this glitch though, people that did it don't need to spend any money on the game, they just got a ton of free money which = less money for PWI
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A tons of teleacoustics, gardian scrolls, teleport stones and blinking poultice...
    thats **** lol. rather geta goon glitch than something i can get ingame with gold lol...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • labasate
    labasate Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Please can i get dreamchaser pack ? i just started to play the gameb:surrender
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Skaii , lots of us have played this game long enough to know that there is no "permanent ban". What has pwe ever done to "enforce" or bring "justice" to the people who break the tos/exploit flaws in the game.

1) bots ongoing, many are the same user(s) for years.
    2) Gold Bug Most players tend to forget this one...Fri. 13th, 2009 (i think 2009), the billions generated that day are still circulating. I never heard of any sort of bans coming out of it.
    3) goons AFIK there were only a few bans idk if permanent or not but basically only those who got caught red-handed by direct intervention by GM's logging into the instance.
    4) pq glitch i never followed any infos about this, only know what anyone else could read.
    5) medal of glory glitch same as #4 for me.
    6) dream chaser pack glitch Having opened a pack then hearing of this i immediately spent every coin i had buying up mirage stones with intent to re-sell later which i never did & ended up buying 400-600 more & some AH gold for binding charms.

3 day ban and pretend ppl learned their lesson. They don't even remove the gains from the exploits lol..
    inserted a bit in order to reply to nmpsin's post...
    nmpsin wrote: »
    Big difference here. The FC goons glitch didn't take money out of their pockets, all it did was level people up. With this glitch though, people that did it don't need to spend any money on the game, they just got a ton of free money which = less money for PWI

From what I've seen/experienced pertaining to ArmaniEx's article #6 especially, i see the abundance of Dreamchaser Packs as a major coin sink because of the additional purchases necessary in order to take full advantage of what is offered.

The NPC value of everything in one pack is say around 400K, then depending on which server they are on, a person would need to open 3 to 5 packs to purchase 1 Auction House Gold OR buy 1 hour of power leveling OR buy a few FC rooms. This would leave an individual at a ripe old age of lv 80ish (70-80 would end the usefulness of the Dreamchaser HA set if your an HA class), once again needing to buy.

If a person had sent themselves 100 Dreamchaser packs & NPC'd every item they would have around 40M or about enough to buy themselves ONE unrefined piece of endgame equipment....nice & squishy for NW.

coin sink more than free gold

Also, any ill-gotten coins have been circulating since Sunday morning...many millions on every server.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • nmpsin
    nmpsin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Most people that exploited the glitch don't care about the dragon orbs or anything else in the pack, they sell everything. Each pack when everything is sold gives about 400k coin. So trading in and selling everything in 100 packs = around 40mil coin for doing nothing but spending the time to trade everything in.
    edited February 2013
    thats **** lol. rather geta goon glitch than something i can get ingame with gold lol...

People already 105 don't need goonz glitch they prefer free stuff like tele stones, tele, pots and dolls.

Had the choice I would prefer goonz glitch than the packs cause 105 is more hard to get, the rest can be buy.

For people that got 300 packs it's:

1500 free teleacoustic (come by 5)
    1500 guardian scroll (come by 5)
    3000 teleport incense (I think people get 20 by pack)
    1500 teleport stones (come by 5 or 10 not sure)
    300 1-2 stars orbs, seems stupid, but do you realize how much people will save money on refine just with that?
    and I don't know how many blinking poultice
    Plus the other **** I don't remember, like the 6x+5% neck, which will make some people lvl up really more fast.

So again that glitch give advantage to some abuser players, honest players again get a slap in the face.

Some people abused pretty much every glitches in that game and got no ban while honest people get nothing, PWI show to people that it pay more to be a abuser than honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Lol if you get banned and you spend money you'll be fine, if ppl can buy accounts with PWE knowing so and get away with if it...best beleive ppl who abuse glitches will be unbanned from their "perma" ban soon lol. I don't know why ppl have hopes for this company...there is none, money talks nothing else does, if your not talking money they're not concerned.

At the end of the day, it's business , which looks for profit at all costs in PWE' s case, this company has absolutely no principles or anything along the lines. Look at their ratings on the Bureau of Better Business they are horrible,
  • tripletriad
    tripletriad Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    People already 105 don't need goonz glitch they prefer free stuff like tele stones, tele, pots and dolls.

Had the choice I would prefer goonz glitch than the packs cause 105 is more hard to get, the rest can be buy.

For people that got 300 packs it's:

1500 free teleacoustic (come by 5)
    1500 guardian scroll (come by 5)
    3000 teleport incense (I think people get 20 by pack)
    1500 teleport stones (come by 5 or 10 not sure)
    300 1-2 stars orbs, seems stupid, but do you realize how much people will save money on refine just with that?
    and I don't know how many blinking poultice
    Plus the other **** I don't remember, like the 6x+5% neck, which will make some people lvl up really more fast.

So again that glitch give advantage to some abuser players, honest players again get a slap in the face.

Some people abused pretty much every glitches in that game and got no ban while honest people get nothing, PWI show to people that it pay more to be a abuser than honest.

300 packs would give 3000 1-star orbs, 3000 2-star orbs, and 1800 5-star orbs....
    edited February 2013
    300 packs would give 3000 1-star orbs, 3000 2-star orbs, and 1800 5-star orbs....

3000* typo I forgot a 0. +5 orbs are useless for high lvl while +1-2 can save them a lot of money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    b:shockedyou get 398k per pack.thats around 22 mill for a full mail box.(63-64 slots)

now it takes around 5-7 mins to go through these packs so if you have over 300 of them really isent spending weeks just to get through opening them pain enouf?

also wth? people are putting this with the FC glitch? to you i say"HA HA HA b:chuckle"
    First you where only spoused to get one pack if it let you get more then one how is that the players fult? should that not be the Devs job or a Programer?i dont know much at all about computers and codes and what not but i think if you hire some one to make this stuff thay should make shure it does what it says. i dont think any one should be banded for this at all BUT i bet you 20 mill some one got fired for it. b:shocked

any who thats my two cents.
  • AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide
    AbsoluteWin - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    u cant npc the dreamchaser armour,so yeah...
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    u cant npc the dreamchaser armour,so yeah...

yes you can if you dont put it on.

every thing you get from the packs can be sold just dont equip it
  • darknessofmy
    darknessofmy Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Someone got 9k packs =3.5billions coins in DW. Another got 4k packs = 1.56billions coins.
    edited February 2013
    GG PWI, what's gonna be their excuse for not ban that time? ''Don't have the tools to find who did it?''.

Everyone that got more than 50 packs on EACH account no char should be ban.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Morana_ - Raging Tide
    _Morana_ - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Someone got 9k packs =3.5billions coins in DW. Another got 4k packs = 1.56billions coins.

lol to this. And what another 1 bil year to open all of them?
    No one should get banned for this its pwi's mistake not the player. no one did anything against tos all some ppl did was reediming code.
    beside. not a big deal it takes u like 10mins -15mins to open one pack, npcing all gives what? 300k. lol grind spiders in avalenche for that coins b:shutup
    edited February 2013
    lol to this. And what another 1 bil year to open all of them?
    No one should get banned for this its pwi's mistake not the player. no one did anything against tos all some ppl did was reediming code.
    beside. not a big deal it takes u like 10mins -15mins to open one pack, npcing all gives what? 300k. lol grind spiders in avalenche for that coins b:shutup

People abused a glitch to get advantage over other players. Is it PWI fault if they give the programming to a kid of 5 years old? Yes, do that mean people are allowed to abuse it? No.

They don't even follow their OWN ToS.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1344591

''To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.''

Obviously PWI promises worth nothing. Still no improvement, no punishment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    People abused a glitch to get advantage over other players. Is it PWI fault if they give the programming to a kid of 5 years old? Yes, do that mean people are allowed to abuse it? No.

They don't even follow their OWN ToS.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1344591

''To the players who refused to exploit the glitch, we're sorry that we cannot deliver the justice that you were waiting for, but we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again.''

Obviously PWI promises worth nothing. Still no improvement, no punishment.

Wooh, I missed another glitch abuse?QQ
    I was permanently banned literally for loginning my friend's account. 90% of 105's broke the rules of ToS. Enough said.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Pretty sure that will take the same time (if not more time) to open and NPC as merchanting the same coin.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • sjaskdk
    sjaskdk Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013

And as long as their willing to spend the time to turn them in they're making 100-200 mil a day for opening and selling packs. Most of Dynasty is doing it, you can see them all running back and forth from the npc trading then running to the other to sell all day long, and they even have idiots like Smilsha that was bragging about it in WC. Sure, it'll take a long time for them to turn them all in, but for free money I don't think they really care. And yes, it is against the ToS to abuse and take advantage of any glitch, so before saying no rules where broken try actually reading the rules.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    sjaskdk wrote: »
    And as long as their willing to spend the time to turn them in they're making 100-200 mil a day for opening and selling packs. Most of Dynasty is doing it, you can see them all running back and forth from the npc trading then running to the other to sell all day long, and they even have idiots like Smilsha that was bragging about it in WC. Sure, it'll take a long time for them to turn them all in, but for free money I don't think they really care. And yes, it is against the ToS to abuse and take advantage of any glitch, so before saying no rules where broken try actually reading the rules.

I think it takes me about 10 minutes to open my pack. If 9k packs give 3.5 bil coins... thats less then 400k coins per pack. Lets just assume "they" open packs at twice my rate, so 5 minutes per pack... that'll net them less then 4.8 million per hour. In order to make 100 million a day... they/he/she is going to need to spend a good 20 hours opening packs.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • sjaskdk
    edited February 2013
    I think it takes me about 10 minutes to open my pack. If 9k packs give 3.5 bil coins... thats less then 400k coins per pack. Lets just assume "they" open packs at twice my rate, so 5 minutes per pack... that'll net them less then 4.8 million per hour. In order to make 100 million a day... they/he/she is going to need to spend a good 20 hours opening packs.

After doing anything for a long time you get into a system where you can do it much faster. It should really only take 2-4 min per pack, and the fact that you see them there all day doing it shows they're willing to sit there all day. It may be boring but yeah, it's free money and what else are they gonna do, go farm for not near as much money? If you're an amazing merchant then yeah, you could make that much in a very good day, but if that was the case then they wouldn't need to exploit the glitch in the first place.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    After doing anything for a long time you get into a system where you can do it much faster. It should really only take 2-4 min per pack, and the fact that you see them there all day doing it shows they're willing to sit there all day. It may be boring but yeah, it's free money and what else are they gonna do, go farm for not near as much money? If you're an amazing merchant then yeah, you could make that much in a very good day, but if that was the case then they wouldn't need to exploit the glitch in the first place.

Each main pack contain 4 (or is it 5) tokens... and each token contain a weapon, ring, ore, armor badge for trade in. To trade in these badges... you have to click on npc, click on quest, click on npc again, click on quest again, select gear, click on confirm. To add it all up... it takes over 100 clicks to open a single pack into npc-able items. To open a pack from beginning to end in 2 minutes you are going to need to click once every second. To open in 4 minutes you are going to click once every 2 seconds. That is not including running to npc the gears. I know its fun making new alts to compain... but its just making you look stupid.

All in all... I am more interested in the angels/teles that these pack give... too bad they are not tradeable. But if anyone got the concentration to sit there for 300 hours opening 9k packs at the rate of 2 minute/pack clicking one click/second. They deserve all the coins they get.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • sjaskdk
    edited February 2013
    Each main pack contain 4 (or is it 5) tokens... and each token contain a weapon, ring, ore, armor badge for trade in. To trade in these badges... you have to click on npc, click on quest, click on npc again, click on quest again, select gear, click on confirm. To add it all up... it takes over 100 clicks to open a single pack into npc-able items. To open a pack from beginning to end in 2 minutes you are going to need to click once every second. To open in 4 minutes you are going to click once every 2 seconds. That is not including running to npc the gears. I know its fun making new alts to compain... but its just making you look stupid.

All in all... I am more interested in the angels/teles that these pack give... too bad they are not tradeable. But if anyone got the concentration to sit there for 300 hours opening 9k packs at the rate of 2 minute/pack clicking one click/second. They deserve all the coins they get.

For one this is an alt but i didn't make it to only post in forums, it's an actual alt toon. How exactly does it matter if I'm posting on an alt? I've done it myself and I know it's 100% true that once you get in a rhythm you can trade them in a lot faster and in less then 4 min per pack. You only need to run from one npc to the other 1 time per pack if you do it right, and if you position each menu in the right place you hardly even need to move your mouse after each click. And even this is beside the point because the people that don't wan to spend the whole day getting free money could just spend enough time to turn in 100 packs a day. That's still 40mil coin a day. I don't know what it's like on your server but on DW that's a lot of coin especially to those that work hard and grind their ***** off to make money.
  • Buff_me - Harshlands
    Buff_me - Harshlands Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My suggestion is to make this pack able to be opened only once per day.
    As far as I know, it's not that hard to change it in the database.
    Achieved R9 before it was mainstream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    103 Demon R9 assassin - retired.
    Quit.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I've done it myself and I know it's 100% true that once you get in a rhythm you can trade them in a lot faster and in less then 4 min per pack. You only need to run from one npc to the other 1 time per pack if you do it right, and if you position each menu in the right place you hardly even need to move your mouse after each click.

So then, you're complaining about people doing the same thing you did?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    To all those saying people won't sit there all day opening packs: THEY DON'T HAVE TO. If you're even somewhat familiar with this little thing called auto-clicker, you would probably know of an advanced version of that. It can repeat multiple actions over time. I saw this on world chat so many times over the past week (on HT at least) and it's really just getting out of control because that's 2 rules they're breaking: glitch abuse and third party programs. It's disappointing that no one is getting punished for it though. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • maskedcondorhero
    maskedcondorhero Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got like 50 of these packs myself and didn't got banned yet. From what I've seen this is not a glitch. The webpage designer(s) forgot to add some code to prevent peoples from reusing the code like they did to the first giveaway code. Basically PWE set this redemption page like an all you can eat buffet, and then avoid the responsibilities (their webpage designers) by punishing those that refill their plates over 100 times? From what I've gather from peoples who abuse this giveaway, those that get less then 100 packs are safe and those that get over 100 packs are permanently banned. Kinda unfair judgement since those that get more then 1 dreamchaser pack from this V-day code in a sense are violating ToS as well. b:chuckle
  • sjaskdk
    edited February 2013
    So then, you're complaining about people doing the same thing you did?

I'll gladly take a ban if they get banned too :P And I'm not complaining about anything, I'm simply stating facts. I've timed how long it takes myself so I know, and all I'm doing is saying what I know. It's a ton of free money for doing nothing more then standing at an npc and turning things in. Plus what Fonyan said is a good point as well. There are advanced auto-clicker that can copy a series of actions like this.
This discussion has been closed.