Comments

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They could double the DQ points of nerfed Dq items at least b:sleep
  • stargatez
    stargatez Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    If this is such a great game and nerfed prices supposedly do not make a difference, where all all the NEW players? Every starter city is totally dead except for a few alts playing. If you take a bh off of world chat, why is every squad almost totally double cliented with a high level with its alt? All I see is cash shoppers spending more money now than ever. I don't see new players in game at all.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    stargatez wrote: »
    If this is such a great game and nerfed prices supposedly do not make a difference, where all all the NEW players? Every starter city is totally dead except for a few alts playing. If you take a bh off of world chat, why is every squad almost totally double cliented with a high level with its alt? All I see is cash shoppers spending more money now than ever. I don't see new players in game at all.

Because new players weren't sort of scarce before the DQ nerf...
    This just makes things harder for those who join these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Might have been mentioned, but it was funny doing a 1K Legion event and some of the DQ was only 1 coin. Doesn't feel....event worthy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Axejst - Archosaur
    Axejst - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another patch with no "solution" - who wants to take bets?
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand another patch with no "solution" - who wants to take bets?

it's a permanent loss, same as stash box starter box. that was no accident it was removed, no matter what V4 says. it was deliberate,or every update, same as sp pk allowed, it would happen. so it was definitely done on purpose. trying to force people to use cash shopping earlier on.
  • Axejst - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    condo2009 wrote: »
    it's a permanent loss, same as stash box starter box. that was no accident it was removed, no matter what V4 says. it was deliberate,or every update, same as sp pk allowed, it would happen. so it was definitely done on purpose. trying to force people to use cash shopping earlier on.

I wish I could argue this :/
  • slayer831
    slayer831 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    sry for the bad english.
    i dont know why everyone so Q.Q about the dq.
    i started to play after the dq was nerfer, i have no idea how it was before the nerf.
    it was very easy from 1 to 60...i had a daily charm, i gained moeny from mats that dropped from mobs, at lvl 50 i got the tideborn quest...by lvl 60 i had over 1mil gold.
    from lvl 1 to lvl 70 i lvled only from quests, i never felt the need for more money...i always had the money for my importent skills and most of the gear i got from blue quests.
    at lvl 70 i started to do nw, 17 tokens from the first nw at lvl 70 as a seeker gained me 5mil gold, gave me the money to get tt70 gear, after i got my tt70 i entered again to nw and got 20 tokens...with this money i made my tt90 gear with a little help from my guild.
    the game gives u everything u need as a new player to survive all the way from lvl 1 to lvl 90 in terms of gold.
    when it gets hard and almost impossible to survive? when u get to the point where u need to get your r9.
    this is where ppl should cry, dont cry about 200k u are not doing at lvl 30 cuz they wont change anything...
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    slayer831 wrote: »
    sry for the bad english.
    i dont know why everyone so Q.Q about the dq.
    i started to play after the dq was nerfer, i have no idea how it was before the nerf.
    it was very easy from 1 to 60...i had a daily charm, i gained moeny from mats that dropped from mobs, at lvl 50 i got the tideborn quest...by lvl 60 i had over 1mil gold.
    from lvl 1 to lvl 70 i lvled only from quests, i never felt the need for more money...i always had the money for my importent skills and most of the gear i got from blue quests.
    at lvl 70 i started to do nw, 17 tokens from the first nw at lvl 70 as a seeker gained me 5mil gold, gave me the money to get tt70 gear, after i got my tt70 i entered again to nw and got 20 tokens...with this money i made my tt90 gear with a little help from my guild.
    the game gives u everything u need as a new player to survive all the way from lvl 1 to lvl 90 in terms of gold.
    when it gets hard and almost impossible to survive? when u get to the point where u need to get your r9.
    this is where ppl should cry, dont cry about 200k u are not doing at lvl 30 cuz they wont change anything...

Did you actually try to even level your skills ijsb:shutup.

Yeah...fac help (aka socialized panhandling) ftw
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    ...by lvl 60 i had over 1mil gold...

Those were coins may be.

And 1 million is not so much as necessary to level skills for Wizard, for example.

At level 79 one level of 1 skill cost 1 million coins (Undine Strike, for example).

Faction's help in this game is something random and unpredictable. At other game, which I know and which is not dependent from Cash Shop, faction give coins to all members at order of their inclusion to faction as soon as faction has enough coins.
  • slayer831
    slayer831 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Those were coins may be.

And 1 million is not so much as necessary to level skills for Wizard, for example.

At level 79 one level of 1 skill cost 1 million coins (Undine Strike, for example).

Faction's help in this game is something random and unpredictable. At other game, which I know and which is not dependent from Cash Shop, faction give coins to all members at order of their inclusion to faction as soon as faction has enough coins.

1million extra coin*
    again, i talk as a seeker. i have no idea how other classes handle the lvling.
    by lvl 70 i had all my buffs / 1 importent debuffs at max, and 3 importent skills at max.
    now im lvl 99 and i got 40mil and i still got lvl 1-5 skills cuz i simply prefer the gear over my skills. i can go now and invest all my money on the skills...but i simply prefer not to.
    i dunno about u, but i had really good and hleping guild, they helped me with all my hard quests, all challenge, cult and bh...its about finding the right guild and not just joining to some random guild that want the player count to grow.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    i dunno about u, but i had really good and hleping guild, they helped me with all my hard quests, all challenge, cult and bh...its about finding the right guild and not just joining to some random guild that want the player count to grow.

At this game I had not interested in guild.

When I see, that my character has strength to help other (even veteran) players and they can help me (we are dependent from each other) then I join guild (in other game).
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013

Eh, maybe just my nature of not kissing up to the higher ups and just blindly following the herd so to speak. Had my share of some unfortunate fac politics biting me in the end, despite me doing my fair share of helping out. They did give out money but only to butt kissers
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited January 2013
    akosireann wrote: »
    Eh, maybe just my nature of not kissing up to the higher ups and just blindly following the herd so to speak. Had my share of some unfortunate fac politics biting me in the end, despite me doing my fair share of helping out. They did give out money but only to butt kissers

I had joined guild because those game is balanced, what mean:
    1. Every race can manufacture their own specific items, which are necessary for other races.
    2. I supply guild with tax from my character as each other member of faction.
    3. I will help them to fight in PvE (now I yet unable to do it there) as soon as I will have proper gear, what is matter of time only.

Edit:
    And believe me or not my tax is more than tax of each of 80% faction's members because my character has good profit from craft and quests.
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Any updates here?? We've moved off topic a bit in that we were promised an answer and have blissfully ignored the fact that V4 said he would be working on it. Well here we are in perfect PWI style, weeks later with zero updates. What is going on? Even if the answer "this is how it is, deal with it" at least give us an answer.
  • Axejst - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    Any updates here?? We've moved off topic a bit in that we were promised an answer and have blissfully ignored the fact that V4 said he would be working on it. Well here we are in perfect PWI style, weeks later with zero updates. What is going on? Even if the answer "this is how it is, deal with it" at least give us an answer.

Hope you aren't holding your breath.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They swept the issue under the rug with a "yes, yes, we will try to find a solution soon", thinking we'd forget about it as time passes by...

This what I feared. Well, I guess it's how things are bound to go in this game (or rather how it is managed). I finally gave up hoping for a positive change happening around here. b:surrender

By the way, this issue got even easier to conveniently get rid of since this thread derailed into silly talk about merchanting and other coin-making strategies... We are talking about the DQ nerfing here... A total crippling of one way of making coins for the people not doing NW, merchanting or others, not the rest.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    They swept the issue under the rug with a "yes, yes, we will try to find a solution soon", thinking we'd forget about it as time passes by...

This what I feared. Well, I guess it's how things are bound to go in this game (or rather how it is managed). I finally gave up hoping for a positive change happening around here. b:surrender
    OMG, this word hasn't been added to the profanity filter yet?
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    OMG, this word hasn't been added to the profanity filter yet?

Seriously my friend, GMs, CMs and mods should stop using that if nothing is ever bound to be arranged in an acceptable, fair way (and that people are lured away by "carrots" like 2x or events).

The backlash is so much worse if the trouble is acknowleged about but the promise is not held, even more when there is no definite reply in the vein of "yes, devs did agree, we just need a patch for it, it should be ready on xx/13" or "no, we don't care about making the game better, just your money".
    (and it's not we did not live that already...)

-Returned to my PSP... Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is so much more worth my time... I'll even resume my save now-
  • Axejst - Archosaur
    edited January 2013
    I log my toons in, get my two shards and attendance note and log out. I'll reflect them every few days or so while I snooze. I'll play something else for a few months until they all get to 80+ this way.

PWI will never see another dime from me. They did just what -removed- did - lied and lied again to the players.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to post an update on this issue.

Right now, I'm still working with the PWI Team and the devs to come up with a good solution to this problem.

I wish I could promise a quick and clean solution or a reversal of the change, but I can't promise what will happen anytime soon.

Still, this is a high priority for me - anything that hurts our players is cause for serious concern - and I'm fighting to fix this as quickly as I can.

Again, I am sorry for this frustrating situation, but please know that this hasn't been forgotten.

I'll try to keep you guys updated on any progress I make.

- Val

No one said that there would be a fix anytime soon, just that there will be a fix eventually.b:surrender

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    No one said that there would be a fix anytime soon, just that there will be a fix eventually.b:surrender

This is correct. Given their history, it takes them about a month or three to fix a problem that would take merely 5 minutes editing one line on a file and a server restart.
    This fix would require changing a lot more code, or pulling data from a backup and then doing vigorous testing to ensure it worked properly without borking the system. (Oh wait, testing... scratch that idea. They don't actually test anything they send us to see if it's working.)

I'm betting it will be Easter before we hear anything further, and sometime this summer before we are compensated, or something is actually changed.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • BustyQT - Archosaur
    BustyQT - Archosaur Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    i've been hoarding dq (mostly 51 and 61) in hopes that they do get this resolved what a hopeful fool i've been. b:cry

they'll probably fix it next year and then the newest patch after that reverts it back to 1 coin...and then continues the cycle, just like pk in sp b:surrender
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am slowly realizing any "fix" in this game is about as viable as taking a Boeing 747 that crashed nose first into the ground at full speed and putting it back together with duct tape and bubble gum and expecting it to fly again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Cell - Raging Tide
    Cell - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    *Looks around at forum, tries to speak but no words comes out and bursts into tears*

b:cry

I do pray this is not the beginning of the end for my favorite cash cow...b:surrender
  • Heleghir - Raging Tide
    Heleghir - Raging Tide Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    honestly, with how rampant dq farming bots are in heaven/hell atm (at least on RT) all dq will be worthless in a few weeks. Every time i go to farm herbs for my IG/shadow binders i see at least 5 dq bots and 2-3 herb bots, its getting pretty ridiculous b:surrender
    The people and friends we have lost, or the dreams that have faded...never forget them! ~~ Summoner Yuna, FFX

[SIGPIC]NYA~~[/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2013
    Dum dee dum...

*Digs and unearths the thread*

Hey, V4, are we there yet~?
    (one minute later)
    C'mon, are we there yet? I got tons of DQs to NPC... (and surely not for ONE measly coin) b:surrender
  • yakikadafi
    yakikadafi Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    It truly is hard to make money at low to mid levels, and as a result I am behind on obtaining a lot of my chars skill due to constantly being broke.
  • moussakka
    moussakka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    b:angry

hurry up and revert this ugly economy crasher ASAP!!!!
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    honestly, with how rampant dq farming bots are in heaven/hell atm (at least on RT) all dq will be worthless in a few weeks. Every time i go to farm herbs for my IG/shadow binders i see at least 5 dq bots and 2-3 herb bots, its getting pretty ridiculous b:surrender

(the kind of discussion that probably happens IN PWChina offices : )

- Boss : Ok guys, we have a problem with bots on our servers. Solution anyone?

- Employee #1 : Lets ban them!

- Boss : Are you mad? For that we would need to hire GMs to go online and watch for them. We are not going to hire more people and spend our hard earned money on GMs salaries. We are a communist country after all.

- Everybody in the room : Har! Har! Har! Har!

- Employee #2 : We could implement a software that would monitor players' behavior to help us identify the botters and then ban them.

- Boss : Are you mad? For that we would need to hire competent developpers that would cost us more than the bunch of newbie ones we currently have. We are not going to hire more people and spend our hard earned money on devs salaries. We are a communist country after all.

- Employee #3 : I know! Let's reduce the value of all DQ items to 1 po. This way bots will have nothing left to sell!

- Boss : Excellent suggestion! You are promoted! This way it will not cost us any money to implement!. I'm certain our players will gladly sacrifice their ingame revenues for the greater good of our company! We are a communist country after all.

- Employee #1 : Hey! We just got a mail from a guy named v4liance from our branch office in the USA.

- Boss : Who?

- Employee #1 : I think he acts as a Community Manager there.

- Boss : What a waste of good money! What does he want?

- Employee #1 : No idea, the mail is in english.

- Boss : Put it in our file management system for future reference.

* Employee #1 makes a ball of paper with the mail and throw it in the garbage can.

Meanwhile, a game company located in Bellevue, Washington, U.S., recently announced they banned 34.000 accounts found guilty on botting in their game.....
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
This discussion has been closed.