Your pwi "oops" moment

Irca - Harshlands
Irca - Harshlands Posts: 186 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
have you ever had a pwi "oops" moment that involved poor judgement? perhaps a game glitch? Priced something wrong? share your stories.

Mine involves a problem with I guess communication between my client and the server. I wanted to sell a piece of fashion so grabbed some teles to world chat. link the fashion and start waiting for offers. All of a sudden i keep getting 10k offers over and over. I start to get mad....I mean pure red fashion!! Worth much more than 10k. I world chat again explaining that the nab offers will be ignored. Finally someone whispers me and asked "well how much do you think a tele is worth?". i jumped over to my other client to look and i had been linking teles the whole time though in my other client it clearly says the fashion...even when clicking the link. Felt like such a dummy lol. b:surrender

that's the first right off the top of my head though i am sure I have many more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Irca - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My ''oops'' moment was funny. Back in the noob days of PWI, I knew nothing. I was quite jealous of other players having mounts. I reaaally wanted one too. I tried to get this black panther mount. After some months I got it for free from my Faction leader, I was happy. Time passed and my faction got pretty dead and I left. Found another good Faction. Then this one dude after time said *Nice mount you have there, do you want me to evolve it?* I was surprised and thought it would be cool. I gave it to him and RIGHT after the trade he ''dc'd''
    and I got to know that mounts dont evolve b:laugh OOPS!
  • Irca - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    oh yeah...world chatting from my wizard (also named Irca) while in the cube when my veno's faction was in the middle of a tw and getting called out by the leader. vice versa....opening packs on my veno and getting my duke shout out while my wizzy's faction was in tw.....i need to start showing up for tw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got stuck in the ground while teleporting xD
  • Irca - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    b:chuckleb:victory
    iexze wrote: »
    I got stuck in the ground while teleporting xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have many ooopses
    some big oopses too

like selling 400ish packs for 100k less each than i actually wanted
    why? setting up a shop after getting home at 5 am Saturday is not a good idea

i do something like that in similar or bigger scale every 5 months or so. seems like i ll never learn

my last oops was
    clicking remove paralysis instead of badge of courage -made me die to a g13 assasin Q_Q
    i like potato
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    uh loads of things.
    Selling too low, buying too high. Using wrong dyes on clothes, forgetting safety lock, afking outside of sz with red name.
    but the worst had to be the first time i was buying real wings back in 2009. was buying wings of deadalus for 1m. i had the most money i had ever had at that point in time, 3m.
    added an extra 0 to trade, was excited to finally have something other then eagle wings so i just hit confirm confirm. b:shutup
    next day wings go on sale
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    oh yeah...world chatting from my wizard (also named Irca) while in the cube when my veno's faction was in the middle of a tw and getting called out by the leader. vice versa....opening packs on my veno and getting my duke shout out while my wizzy's faction was in tw.....i need to start showing up for tw.

LOL! Should have wrote to whoever whispered you, "This is not the Irca you are looking for." b:chuckle

My opps moment...hmm... Watching someone get stuck in the waterfall for in etherblade. helping them get unstuck by having them pick me up...

I got stuck to. b:surrender
  • Irca - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    LOL! Should have wrote to whoever whispered you, "This is not the Irca you are looking for." b:chuckle

My opps moment...hmm... Watching someone get stuck in the waterfall for in etherblade. helping them get unstuck by having them pick me up...

I got stuck to. b:surrender

b:shockedb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lord_Mot - Harshlands
    Lord_Mot - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My oops moment was when I was on my cleric in the Cube in one of the 100 Second Stand rooms. I was IHing away when a lower level seeker runs up to me and pm's "Help!" So I start alternating IHs between us. That works fine until a couple of the mobs spawn and start attacking. Since there were two of them I used Sirens Kiss to kill them. Then I noticed that the Seeker was gone. I pm'd him and asked where he had gone since I knew he came in after me. He said "You $****%@ killed me!". Oopsie!
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world... those that understand binary and those that don't.b:chuckle
  • Vidish - Sanctuary
    Vidish - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My oops moment was when I was on my cleric in the Cube in one of the 100 Second Stand rooms. I was IHing away when a lower level seeker runs up to me and pm's "Help!" So I start alternating IHs between us. That works fine until a couple of the mobs spawn and start attacking. Since there were two of them I used Sirens Kiss to kill them. Then I noticed that the Seeker was gone. I pm'd him and asked where he had gone since I knew he came in after me. He said "You $****%@ killed me!". Oopsie!

Hahaha! b:laugh
    You should change your cleric's name to "HealToKill". b:laugh
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have many ooopses
    some big oopses too

like selling 400ish packs for 100k less each than i actually wanted
    why? setting up a shop after getting home at 5 am Saturday is not a good idea

i do something like that in similar or bigger scale every 5 months or so. seems like i ll never learn

That's why those hours are my favorite time to shop b:victory

Too many opps moments for me to name so here is a more recent one. On my psy in the morai pk event I hit this bm and wondered why he wasn't dying. Had my whole Morai 95 gear with the flameing prawn on instead of my normal tt90. So down I went fast. Came back and decided to kill the guardians instead with my pvp gear on and ended up one shotting the same bm because he was so close to it. Got a big Holy **** WTH from him when it happened lol.
  • Irca - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Omg yes!!! was in cube and got open seseme with a veno and Hercules (while on the wiz) she almost had it done so I dropped a giant bids....she falls...so does Hercules. oops hee hee one shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    -Accidentally killing someone in one of the 100 Sec. Stand in Cube when they kept running around with the mobs on their tail. I AoE'd them forgetting that room was PK enabled. I did apologize of course.

-Accidentally gave Soul of Silence to a Seeker who visited OVS as I was leaving
    (though something like that's not always accidental...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited November 2012

-Accidentally gave Soul of Silence to a Seeker who visited OVS as I was leaving
    (though something like that's not always accidental...)

sometimes that is the best cure to someone KSing you if they are a melee class b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let's just say I lost around 1.5k gold because of stupid merchanting mistakes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Basically bad-stating a veno as my first toon.

Besides that? Anytime I'm jumping to another toon after never touching it for about two weeks. I get all rusty on the skills and what they do. Resulting in many "oops" and "oh sht" moments.
    b:chuckle
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Let's just say I lost around 1.5k gold because of stupid merchanting mistakes.

1500$? expensive mistake!

still have like 15000$ of other players mistakes though i betb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not "exactly" an oops but I used all of my DQ points on random dyes and after 10 tries of 14 dyes each I ran out at the same color I started with!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was buying something that came in bundles (packs/orbs... not really sure) from the cash shop to merch and managed to spam buy single ones instead of the discounted batches. I won't say how many since it's kind of embarrassing.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I was buying something that came in bundles (packs/orbs... not really sure) from the cash shop to merch and managed to spam buy single ones instead of the discounted batches. I won't say how many since it's kind of embarrassing.

was it over 9000!!!

couldn't resist xD

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • qwertyv3
    qwertyv3 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i once sold a runecrafting lvl 1 book for 3 mill, not my opps moment but still lol mine would have to be either puting items in the AH and forgetting a 0 of the end of the price or buying 50 mill of rep to find out there was a rep sale the next day b:chuckle
    b:laugh Time to party
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    here's my oops....a friend of mine wanted dark lord fly .....and ofc i didnt/still dont play any elves...so i was like "i'll keeep an eye for the fly"

fly sale came....with 15g 3.0 speed flyer

someone was selling dark night in world chat and i was like "that is it i found the flyer"....guess what i offered 30m for it thinking it was the desired fly (i was told that it should be in the range of 45 max)....and i waited happy for my friend to log on....being proud of how good i did b:laugh

needless to say...if u dont have a clue about elves fly dont go buying it (dark negation dark night dark lord grrrrr)

anyway that was my oops b:thanks
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Oops moments i had:

- 60 minutes of hyper stones, activated once on slash boss til Decaying Fragrance, left squad and went afk. like 45~50 minutes of Hypers wasted afk...
    - I went into nirvana with 16 guardian scrolls...
    - I went into W2 delta once, but by that time I had forgotten to buy MP pots. Good thing it wasn't full...

After all that, I always check twice if hypers are still running, always bank before nirvying (oh nirvy is dead now, but whatever), always buy over 1000 hp/mp foods, always leave genie with over 500k energy and most important, I always leave my gears at 100% durability whenever possible.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I tend to panic hit roar in Warsog if someone accidentally pulls more mobs than should and eh... instead of 1 dying we all do.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I just accidentally used an 11* to refine something from 0 to 1 today :(
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Opps moments I had:
    1. Plusing a lvl 20 or so white magic sword to +3 instead of plusing a TT sword with same icon. Fortunaletlly I was lucky with mirages and didn't lose too many od them.
    2. Equiping a Nirvana weapon before make it next grade - it bound and now I can't make it more grade because I don't have blacksmith skill.
    3. At FC last boss (the one before heads) I was doing hands. After I killed a hand I was keep getting back to hit boss. I was switching targets constantly. I was about to target boss again but at the same moment I clicked on it a replica apeared. I clicked my attack skill... squad almost wipe, only tank survived. xD Fortunatelly everyone had my ress buff so it was not a huge problem. Since then I always check the target name before I att.
    4. Clicking "Divorce" right after getting married supposing it was next part of marriage quest...
    5. "Setting" a catshop and forgeting to click "Done". Realising after 5h.

b:chuckleb:surrender
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    on monday i bought a crapload of the chips on sale
    i clicked on the 100 pack for a while furiously
    then realized the pricing on the 50 was lower

i qqed and proceeded furious clicking on the other... i thought so
    but instead i furiously bought medal bundles
    out of gold i wondered wtf happened

gladly i found people who traded me chip packs for medals later lol..

later i had to buy 2 medals cause i traded to many

i hate mondays.....
    i like potato
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    My last oops moment was following. I jumped in instance to do my bh59.

Ping was good ... sometimes.

I managed to kill dozen of mobs in the way to Zimo , but then all around me became frozen.

Through Cleric I killed last nearby mob and turned off PWI clients.
  • Antigone - Momaganon
    Antigone - Momaganon Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    haha like this thread.
    My oops-moments I can remember atm:

-statting my first char with 1-1-1-1+1random points because that "looked right". Learned with lvl 20, that I cannot wear my super new imba weapon since venos are not supposed to have 25 vit,dex,mag and str and a hammer is not the right weapon >.>....was to stubborn to start again-> spent all my money for reset scroll.....was well skilled with lvl 50 (but still too much dex xD) b:surrender

-Had the beginner-venowolfpet till a friend with lvl 60 asked my why...I said it looks nice b:cute

-Buy my last Badge of Bravery after endless wc'ing for 2 m-> take quest to trade it for sp instead of Sign....b:sad

-QQ't till my boyfriend donate r9-pants for me....1 day before it was 50% off -_- b:surrender

-did solo fc with my sin for my bf's twink. Forgot about the hands @ last boss and checked 9gag the meantime b:shocked
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    haha like this thread.
    My oops-moments I can remember atm:

-statting my first char with 1-1-1-1+1random points because that "looked right".

haha i did the same on my first char

-did solo fc with my sin for my bf's twink. Forgot about the hands @ last boss and checked 9gag the meantime b:shocked

oh yeah the occational 9gag or reddit deaths...
    i like potato