Undocumented changes/bugs/complaints about new update

Comments

• Purriginal - Raging Tide
    Purriginal - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems some of the quests have been shortened. I just logged my seeker, and the quest 'Abandon the Belief', from Elder Huo in the Swamp, where you needed 40 Leader heads is now just 12 heads. I'm not sure about the rest, I haven't checked (busy with the new quest line b:laugh), but I doubt they're going to shorten only one quest in that area.

Sorry if this has already been said, its a pretty sizable thread to go through and I couldn't see it on page 1.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Ok, wow, this is a decent sized list we've got here.

I have talked with Val (idk if I said this before), and he (with me and the rest of the mods help, as well as yours) is looking at this thread to see if "maybe" some things here can get changed. (However, Val nor any of us is promising anything)

So again, thanks guys ^^.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But the thing is, this game aint Perfect World America, its International.
    International = More than one nation. The US + Canada = 2 Nations. Therefore....

Plus with European servers under PWI's belt now, it really invalidates many complaints. Sure you can say you don't want to start over but... well... that's a person's own choice to remain on a server that has all it's times based on NA time zones.
    Krisnda wrote: »

I have talked with Val (idk if I said this before), and he (with me and the rest of the mods help, as well as yours) is looking at this thread to see if "maybe" some things here can get changed. (However, Val nor any of us is promising anything)

Thank you all for the work you're putting in here. b:chuckle
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It seems some of the quests have been shortened. I just logged my seeker, and the quest 'Abandon the Belief', from Elder Huo in the Swamp, where you needed 40 Leader heads is now just 12 heads. I'm not sure about the rest, I haven't checked (busy with the new quest line b:laugh), but I doubt they're going to shorten only one quest in that area.

Sorry if this has already been said, its a pretty sizable thread to go through and I couldn't see it on page 1.

i can confirm this purri, that all quests from lvl 30-70 have been really shortened. ive been playing my sin and psy lately but when i looked at some of the quests including the one that you needed 50 hay for, has been cut down to bout 15-20kills. plus the quest that ya needed 50 hay for has been cut down to 20. think alot of us who didnt like that quest will probably do it more than not now that its been shortened. the lvl 50s quests been cut down to bout 10-15kills.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • XauroraFLARE - Dreamweaver
    XauroraFLARE - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I noticed three new quests that were not listed in the Available Quests tab of the Quest Log. I've already completed the quests before I was aware of this thread, so, I did not document them. I do remember that one quest involved a seed, one for a herb or flower, and a female NPC near the Dreamweaver Port Elder. Maybe hidden quests? Sorry that I didn't document.
    edited November 2012
    I noticed three new quests that were not listed in the Available Quests tab of the Quest Log. I've already completed the quests before I was aware of this thread, so, I did not document them. I do remember that one quest involved a seed, one for a herb or flower, and a female NPC near the Dreamweaver Port Elder. Maybe hidden quests? Sorry that I didn't document.

I know least two of the three you mentioned, the flower one i think you get at lvl 78 from the apoth in dreamweaver, then there was this quest where you went out to forest of haze to kill a mini mob/boss for some item at lvl 79.

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • jpablo
    jpablo Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well i dunno if heres the place to say here but i need say:

1rst- 1 Token of NW its 1 rap or 5 cannies.
    i know im sure dont care but... I was charging Zens for almost 3 years every month to buy my heavy/Arcane Sets for my mains/alts. Now i see from one day to another, all my gears are farmeable in 1 weekend and prices are ridiculous. I just bought the full arcane set lunar nirvana since 15 days and costed me arround 405M right, and g16 weapon paid 325M. Like 6 months charging zens to afort that and now? lol my gears are standard gear and cost like nothing? so what i have to do now? i feel me scrammed for the game, like cant do one update and destroy prices of gears from 1 day to another, thats scram the people who bought zens to buy thats gears. So now whats the solution? charge again 1500 zens to buy r9?
    Make it decent, as tokens rewards are in china, 60 tokens for 1 rap and 8 tokens for 1 cannie, but i think and think, if you guys wanted equal everyone, must think in add R9 mats in Tokens rewards too, so the people can farm r9 too in NW as Nirvana gears. (the only thing left to add on Tokens rewards, theres r8 recast mats for armours and wep, nirvy armours & wep)
    But if its a glitch and it wasnt the intention make exchange 1 token for 1 rapture crystal or 5 uncannies i would say to fix it as quick possible, if it was the intention and its not a glitch please, think in the people than spent lot of money buying zens to get thats gears and do anything for us.
    I know people would say, no1 told me to buy zens to make my gears, its ok and i really understand what you mean, but pwi staff had to review, since open the game to let play everyone, about to offer the service of zens sales to buy coins to spend in whatever you want, so you are making the game, since the start, just farmeable and will not exist in this moment the complains . If you gonna make an extreme changes in the game than harm monthly customers (cash players) i would think it before do that, because thats scramm the people and never had to offer zen sales since the start of the game, so you can change the things very easy w/o harm cash players.
    So, 3 years buying everymonth zens to buy my nirvy gears for this ... right...
    Anyways i will send a formal complain sending a ticket.
    I would like hear any gm replying my post please and tell me what do you think about charging zens the lasts 6 months and ending my arcane lunar nirvana gears 15 days ago and now all the money than i spent is nothing. ty
    edited November 2012
    I know least two of the three you mentioned, the flower one i think you get at lvl 78 from the apoth in dreamweaver, then there was this quest where you went out to forest of haze to kill a mini mob/boss for some item at lvl 79.

Yeah those quests. I think the mini boss quest for a seed was from a female NPC near the Elder, I can't remember the NPC's name and I'm not online at the moment to check. There was also a Weird Dog at Whetstone Keep, but, I can't remember if that quest was in the Available Quests, maybe it was.
  • MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver
    MyAzzItch - Dreamweaver Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited November 2012

What happen to the multi account rule that you can have 2 at one time?????

I can only log into one account now ...........................b:cryb:angryb:cryb:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What happen to the multi account rule that you can have 2 at one time?????

I can only log into one account now ...........................b:cryb:angryb:cryb:angry

Run the .exe file twice, it doesn't work via launcher atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • bojan87
    bojan87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Get a life ppl.... lol b:laugh b:laugh b:laugh
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But the thing is, this game aint Perfect World America, its International.

I guess you missed this post (and didn't really read the one you quoted at all):
    I guess people in Central America, South America, and Canada don't count, right? These times are clearly just for people in the US. I mean, other N/S American countries use totally different time zones anyway, right?

Still, I think I should stop derailing this thread...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • rogerrabbit62
    rogerrabbit62 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The Journey of Middle Age quest, when you get to the Tradewind Harbor part, give you a loc, but there is nothing there? Anyone know if this is a bug, or I'm just not looking in the right place?

The loc they give you, 738 760 is wrong, the right loc is 434 769

I cant find the trace of sparrowmark, it said pos. 422,673 but is the water close to one bridges. I have been locking for it for more than 1 hours, have some the correct pos.
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Archer level 79 skill Blessing of the Condor duration has been buffed from 6 to 10 seconds.
    edited November 2012
    Archer level 79 skill Blessing of the Condor duration has been buffed from 6 to 10 seconds.

That has been expected, It was mentioned ahead of time before the expansion released.
  • NovaZxR - Archosaur
    NovaZxR - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    btw guys....the dq points in website wont update b:cry
    edited November 2012
    i was helpin a cleric with their bh29 but they also had a tab for it. they tabbed and when we finished i noticed i had gotten 50k in coin. so was wonderin if it came from the tab or not, if so idk if this was part of the expansion or not.

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not sure when this change happened, since apparently it occurred between patches. o_O

The old, tradeable "Warsong Waistband Inscription" did not stack with the new untradeable "Warsong Inscription". Yet today I noticed the old one got renamed "Warsong Inscription" and it can now be stacked with the new one, making them all untradeable.

I still see some catshops buying the old version, but I couldn't sell the renamed version to it (and yes I tried that before stacking it).
  • WaterVixen - Harshlands
    WaterVixen - Harshlands Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    seem's multi-client is nerfed again... when you go to start the 2nd client it says "client running" and won't let you log in.

I had to copy my pwi folder into a new one to dual client, quite irritating I must say b:beatup and the fact that GV drops no coins, GRRRRRRR!! b:angry
  • Midnight/ - Harshlands5
    Midnight/ - Harshlands5 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Cant say i have many complaints about new patch,Love my seeker even more now with updates...However the gv thing does bug me a little due to fact that i love gv and actually spam farm it for fun and pages ofc the coin was just a nice addition that paid for repairs

Other then that one thing i loveeeeeee the update,just hope people would stop QQing and just take dam advantage to gear up so we can have some decent dam pvp...
  • RiotAct - Lost City
    RiotAct - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Small thing here. Didnt know where else to post this lol but...

Whats the point of the Server Status part of PWI page if it doesnt accurately report the status of said servers?? just a lil annoying...

P.S. yeah as a fan of GV the loss of coins sucks, considering were not all "Mushroom Theives"
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    - Autonavigation is no longer possible at WQ / Paperclip quest (?)

Autonavigation work for vol. 1 to 30, but not for new volume (31 to 37)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    zoube wrote: »

You should read what the quest item says. Back when auto navigation didn't exist, that's how it was done in the day.

Also, you should at least read the first post... it has all the information, including what you said. There's even a thread linked to one that I created to help people with that issue, which can be found here.

On topic: Right after the server reset, I did not have a bank pin on my sin anymore for some reason. I did not disable it or anything either. Also, the hotkey options don't get updated. I constantly have to change the hotkeys for switching the bars from their defaults of ` and V to my previous ones.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Also, the hotkey options don't get updated. I constantly have to change the hotkeys for switching the bars from their defaults of ` and V to my previous ones.

Similar things happens with skill bars, hot keys. Especially after a game crash. Things get moved all over the place. My keys are a general mess, but i am used to the mess. The rearranging takes a few days to sort out as I cycle through my skills and find what is missing. Not related to this update, has been happened for the past few months.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Similar things happens with skill bars, hot keys. Especially after a game crash. Things get moved all over the place. My keys are a general mess, but i am used to the mess. The rearranging takes a few days to sort out as I cycle through my skills and find what is missing. Not related to this update, has been happened for the past few months.

In case of skill icon mess up I made a screenshot of everything so I can resolve any issues that may occur, thankfully it hasn`t happened yet only occasionally 1 skill icon disappears if you use it, no idea what causes it but it happens!
    edited November 2012
    zoube wrote: »

I confirmed on Page 25.
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Couple things I noticed that were not listed:

Some Skill Descriptions for cleric say the sage version effects in the normal effects
    The new quests added for 60+ have no Reputation award like most of the other quests ingame.
    Also, could use a lot of typo correcting in those quests. >.> Otherwise you have a **** marriage and a cross-dressing old man in Dreaming Cloud. So you may wanna play through those again and take a look at what the quests actually say... HAHA

Or just make samesex marriages legal ingame b:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nidomi - Lost City
    Nidomi - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm going to use a bit of magic to determine the rates for Elemental Essential:

Elemental Essential

Three possible outcomes:

90% = 100k exp

9% = 1 mill exp

1% = 10 mill exp

then im in good shape, that "1%" chance to drop items when pked or mob killed, happens to me alot more than 1%.... so with my odds i should get many 10mil xp b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In case of skill icon mess up I made a screenshot of everything so I can resolve any issues that may occur, thankfully it hasn`t happened yet only occasionally 1 skill icon disappears if you use it, no idea what causes it but it happens!

I use my videos as a reference in case things go astray xD
    I wanted to try the new world quest to see how much more exp it gives and I don't have it in my available repeatable quests anymore.....Pick Your Poison, Sacarred Story and Portal Banner Exchange are the only quests there :/
    Anyone having the same issue?
    Thanks in advance
    I confirmed on Page 25.

You all should read what the first post actual entails before you make a reply to a topic that has already been covered many times.

Other Errors/Noted things
    - For WQ, the location and coordinates for the new NPCs to go to can be found here.

That link leads you to a thread that contains all of the locations of the new NPCs.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Aviron - Harshlands
    Aviron - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You all should read what the first post actual entails before you make a reply to a topic that has already been covered many times.

Kind of missed it in the initial post. Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.