Undocumented changes/bugs/complaints about new update

Options

Comments

• Tamerlayn - Sanctuary
    Tamerlayn - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The Journey of Middle Age quest, when you get to the Tradewind Harbor part, give you a loc, but there is nothing there? Anyone know if this is a bug, or I'm just not looking in the right place?

The loc they give you, 738 760 is wrong, the right loc is 434 769
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    or people using torrent to download are getting virus's from other people.

Torrents only work that way if you get the torrent file from a 3rd party that put a virus in the file(s) the torrents point to. The torrent program will disregard any parts that do not match the original file(s)
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You can Ask Med, for more info Salari. From what her and I found it seems to be partially implemented. We both were able to take the quest and after the herb gather in DW Port. You get sent to Heaven and White Lotus Village I believe is the area you go to, NE Section of map, and talk to the Apotho there. Problem is the apotho items you need to manufacture, lvl 110 items, to get the skill book aren't possible. So it isn't properly implemented or bugged b:cry

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Charmy_ - Sanctuary
    Charmy_ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I still can't update my game b:cry It says PackDLL.dll was not found and I tried using the link this guys put up http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18070441&postcount=23 it doesn't work T~T I'm so confused and I'm hoping to get on this weekend b:cryb:sad
    Lvl 100 Sage Cleric b:cute
    I love you Zero_ IV <3 b:chuckle ^.^ (Also my in-game hubby b:pleased)
  • rainbowgrey
    rainbowgrey Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What is this beta test? People who cant update or w\e just leave this game its not worth your time :D
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I still can't update my game b:cry It says PackDLL.dll was not found and I tried using the link this guys put up http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18070441&postcount=23 it doesn't work T~T I'm so confused and I'm hoping to get on this weekend b:cryb:sad

If the auto updater is not working, like it does on large updates goto here and do the manual install of the patch http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download scroll down some and you will see it, then just manualy apply the patch when it is done downloading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    eediot wrote: »
    The quest log change is negative, not positive. I DON"T WANT TO SEE AVAILABLE QUESTS, it takes up too much room on the screen. I only have one or two showing at a time. Most of the changes are useless drivel, like the animated log in. Why do we need that? Simple is usually better.

The DQ prices were dropped a long time ago supposedly because of bot farmers in China, which was not a problem on US servers. It's just PWs way of reducing yet again the coin available to non boutique using players, thus increasing profits yet again. The Tellus event was wonderful, I made several million from that. They give us that then take away some measly coin from DQ drops? What a crock.

About other things, it was said over a year ago, that new DQ rewards items would be added, and additional Rank 8 gear. WHERE IS IT?

I also put in tickets over 2 years ago about the control buttons. Give the option to lock the bars so you can't "lose" your icons, or rotate them while you're in battle, causing death, lol. Also, the ability to turn off the description of skills from popping up while you hover over it. It gets in the way.

BHs for 100+ have been made sort of ridiculous with the previous update. New level 100s had/have great difficulty with Warsong. Lunar has been a joke for a BH since they did that. Why would you want to pay 500K coins just to get a BH done that you get mysterious chips for? The TT 3-1 BH was a little hard, but at least you had a chance for a useful gold drop from the boss. And why the new BH bosses in Abaddon/SoT? Sure, don't need wine now, but not everyone is an uber cash player and you had a chance for books/molds with the old version. I've been playing for over 3 years, have no uber characters, and don't plan on it. I don't have the time/friends/helpful faction to do 200 runs in warsong or nirvana to get all the good gear. Aren't games supposed to be fun?

eediot hit another nail on the head.

I've been playing for 4 years myself. I recently got back on after taking a break for a couple of months, (before the last expansion) because I was so fed up with what PWI China is trying to do. This last patch confirms it. Their goal is to create higher coin costs, across the board, hoping that players will turn to the cash shop. Only one huge problem, those that truly "play for free" rely on coin to purchase gold from the "gold exchange" to purchase cash shop items that others buy then catshop.

PWI is cutting off their own nose to spite their face. DQ drops use to cover 1/2 the cost of gear repair for those using top end gear, now there is nothing to aid this. People say go farm herbs, minerals so crafters will buy, but buy with what coin? PWI is succeeding in killing off the "player based" economy. Not to say, pissing off a whole mess of players, because the cost of skills, cost of skill books, cost to learn this stuff, cost to craft high end gear, cost of cash shop items needed to transfer stats on high end gear, cost of gear repair, cost of items to stay somewhat healthy like crab meat and herb, the cost of tokens, has all increase while PWI decreases drop rates and coin.

I have seen some seasoned players telling new-to-the-serve folks to go to another game, that PWI will only frustrate you unless you have real money and lots of it to invest. To go find a game where you pay a small monthly fee and get everything you need in game to be able to play it.

Every patch that has been added in the last couple of years has been designed to fool investors (share holders) or for those players who have a few thousand dollars to toss into the game. That they get to increase their gear making it close to impossible to compete with them unless you too spend that kind of money or farm mobs for drops and DQ items to NPC for coin in order to buy gold on the exchange. Oh right, no more coin return on DQ items, lower drop rates (when you take a break for a good while you see this is so) higher coin costs for various NPC's services.

I fully understand that they might have to use this type of tactic on their Chinese servers, however, they are killing off their North American and Europe servers. Please, please, please will someone explain to them that out side of China, if you give a little you can gain a lot and LISTEN to the players about the small things as they do add up into one huge mess.
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    First Seeker's skill becomes ranged attack.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, as I remembered it was a close-range skill..

edit: if this is in 1 of the skill rebalanced ignore this post, I haven't seen Seeker's skill rebalance yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    lordhanzo wrote: »
    First Seeker's skill becomes ranged attack.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, as I remembered it was a close-range skill..

edit: if this is in 1 of the skill rebalanced ignore this post, I haven't seen Seeker's skill rebalance yet.

It it indeed in the skill rebalances.
    genotypist wrote: »
    - Rock Splitting Cleave: Range increased to 17 meters.

It is rather annoying now though. Especially since most tellus mobs have ranged magic, which hurts. D: Even with the free charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • lordhanzo
    lordhanzo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ah, thx Jeremied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm on Heavens Tear!
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Another bug under neutral that's annoying (for people like me D:)

The general chat box goes back to being above the regular chat box everytime you log out. Usually it stays where you move it, even after you log out, but now it doesn't.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Another bug under neutral that's annoying (for people like me D:)

The general chat box goes back to being above the regular chat box everytime you log out. Usually it stays where you move it, even after you log out, but now it doesn't.

Same with trade windows for me somehow - they always stay one over another until moment when I move them to proper places. Like I want trade with merchant and I not see his items, sell and buy boxes.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The horn chat that pops up also reverts back to the side no matter how many times i hide it behind the mini map. Its gets to be rather annoying when your trying to click something and then the box pops up right in the way.b:surrender
  • HyperNoob - Sanctuary
    HyperNoob - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Just a random question: There is no option to rerol the advanced warsoul weapons for better stats, what if someone got att lvl+55 and wants 65 b:chuckle
  • nirn17
    nirn17 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sooooo... basically this update has more negatives then positives... even though its an expansion? lol xD
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Stomp of the King:

Description update to reflect threat gain.

on this page -- http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=746891

Anyone actually see anything new while using this skill and where do I find this description in game? I looked for it but must have overlooked it. I only looked at the skill Stomp of the "BEAST" King though coz I can't find a Stomp of the King skill in my skills menu. Maybe I haven't learned it yet if it's some obscure new moria skill.

EDIT NVM I see the skill in the skill tree.
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Stomp of the King:

Description update to reflect threat gain.

on this page -- http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=746891

Anyone actually see anything new while using this skill and where do I find this description in game? I looked for it but must have overlooked it. I only looked at the skill Stomp of the "BEAST" King though coz I can't find a Stomp of the King skill in my skills menu. Maybe I haven't learned it yet if it's some obscure new moria skill.

EDIT NVM I see the skill in the skill tree.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33766
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Tested the BM skills. They all work like the patch notes just fine - however:

The tooltip on Reckless Rush is incorrect. It says 20% damage, and 120 seconds CD. These are not correct.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Why first post wasn't edited yet?, many people(including me pages ago), have already pointed out that Mysterious Old Man is in every city not just Archosaur.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

-oyvaii, that reminds me of an issue I've only been having since one of the more recent patches (not the last one, but like... pff I don't know)--but my skillbars (both the F1 and 1 ones) have started moving from where I move them on my screen, to their default place they're at when you first make a character... as someone with a computer monitor from 1995 (at the very latest year lol), I already don't have big enough screen to play the game without having to spamclick things so they get to the front of the other windows as they sort of stack in layers at the very edges(don't even get me started on the mini-map tab that goes out to like a whole third of the screen and covers half a mob's HP box... everyfreaking time....) ... so having to move things again every log-in to where I both am comfotorable with the window location, and not have layering issues is redundantily obnoxious.
    Also, whenever I set the 'world chat' to the little general chat window so I can both see it, and it doesn't get in the way of faction chat or anything else(and it doesn't have the 'World' picture right before every post which makes them take alot of space), it likes to stop appearing in general chat every time I switch maps, or just randomily out of nowhere for no good reason lol.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Not sure if this was implemented a while ago, but was helping with fb 19 and the pillar now asks for 80 reputation or close to that in order to activate the quest, I imagine it`s for all tabs now and as higher you go, the higher the rep requirement.
  • Sheogorath - Momaganon
    Sheogorath - Momaganon Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Not sure if this was implemented a while ago, but was helping with fb 19 and the pillar now asks for 80 reputation or close to that in order to activate the quest, I imagine it`s for all tabs now and as higher you go, the higher the rep requirement.

It's always been like that or at least for some time now.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's always been like that.

This. o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Then I guess I had enough rep at all times rofl, just was weird he said that he needs rep for that, my bad. b:surrender
  • Saiikuro - Heavens Tear
    Saiikuro - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So has a mod actually commented on this thread yet? i went back to like page 13 just skimming though and havent seen one. Are they ever going to fix this? Or compensate us in some way? My new cleric (lvl 25) is having a hell of a time making money off drops Compared to what my archer would be making when it was that level (its 42 ish right now). And i have a lot of DQ drops i just dont want to sell until its fixed or something, but i dont have room to save them.... So yeah, is anyone getting anywhere on this issue?

EDIT: woop... meant GM.... ^.^ i dont spend much time on forums as you can tell lol sorry
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So has a mod actually commented on this thread yet? i went back to like page 13 just skimming though and havent seen one. Are they ever going to fix this? Or compensate us in some way? My new cleric (lvl 25) is having a hell of a time making money off drops Compared to what my archer would be making when it was that level (its 42 ish right now). And i have a lot of DQ drops i just dont want to sell until its fixed or something, but i dont have room to save them.... So yeah, is anyone getting anywhere on this issue?

A mod created this thread. The thread addressing just the DQ point nerf issue is here. The gm addressed the issue already on that thread. Post found here.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Saiikuro - Heavens Tear
    Saiikuro - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Edited my post. but yeah other than the one GM acknowledgment, has anyone heard anything about it being fixed or if we have to deal with it? It got pretty GM quiet with all the rage it seems. But then again i just skim through pages.
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    checked the first post but seems like not inside.

reflection does not auto start when the bar is refilled to 12 hours.

example, i used up 12 hours "Remaining Time" and bar is empty. when the bar gets refilled to 12 hours, it does not auto start like before patch. have to manually click start again...b:sad
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Does "Completely destroy economy" counts as negative?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    kenshin151 wrote: »
    Someone can tell me if the Crystalspine Garuda pet glitch was fixed?

Nuuuuuu that should NOT be fixed. That pet is so epic being so huge. So what if it's annoying and blocks the view of players? Use it when your solo farming then.
This discussion has been closed.