Undocumented changes/bugs/complaints about new update

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2012

NEGATIVE: Now you can not fly as high as we used to in the tw instance

And we are still waiting for the base wars

also some chinesse things in the [Squad Signet] description

Had Base wars, then it was removed, and was stated that we will not be getting it. We had some form of compensation for it, but I can't recall offhand what that was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eighty2nd
    eighty2nd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    not sure if its just me, I did 2 delta w2/3 runs back to back, no coin dropped at all from the mobs after the bosses killed except the lvl80 useless pots. can someone comfirm if this is due to the update or not?
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    eighty2nd wrote: »
    not sure if its just me, I did 2 delta w2/3 runs back to back, no coin dropped at all from the mobs after the bosses killed except the lvl80 useless pots. can someone comfirm if this is due to the update or not?

The coins were removed from delta.
  • RexNero - Dreamweaver
    RexNero - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    ..... - You can learn Apothocary 9, however the quest to collect "a herb in Hell" doesn't show in the log.
    - When a seeker uses QPQ (Quid Pro Quo) on an Assassin with Tidal Protect active, there's a chance Chinese text will appear over the sin. (Happens with mobs too)

Add lev 9 tome have -0.05 int in place of -0.1 of chinese version

Can i ask how can learn Apothocary 9? I can't find quest "a herb in Hell" on database

about Chinese text it appear also in TT with APS boss
  • XauroraFLARE - Dreamweaver
    XauroraFLARE - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Also, it is extremely difficult to move the new quest tracker. For me at least, I can only move it if I catch it at the perfect spot on the left side near the top. Mostly I just end up running around trying, but I have to move it sometimes because it always appears where my squad bar is.

I also hate, and have since a previous patch, that quests automatically track when you pick them up. I do not need BHs tracked, or every blue and purple divine quest I grab. I would much rather track the quests as I go to do them. I often pick up 5 quests at a time and don't want to do them that day, so I have to stand there untracking to clear my screen (and if I log out too soon I have to untrack them the next day as well).

If you use the UI Resize, it makes the UI smaller which makes it easier to click and move the interface, you can change the UI back.

Also, clicking the Show/Hide button will toggle the quest tracker on and off as it has been for a while. The only new feature I see from the quest tracker is that there is an Available Quests tab, before the expansion there was only Current Quests tab.

To make the world quest/paperclip quest not being possible to autopath more clear, only Volumes above 30 are not autopath supported. However, if you open your Quest Items Inventory and hover over the current volume, you can see the location and NPC if you need to travel too. open the Map (M) and left-click the map to zoom, than Alt + Left-Click to auto-path to that area.
  • matsdeviant
    matsdeviant Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i dont know about the rest of you, but 27 new quests sounded like fun, until i started doing them. MANY of the "locations" noted are incorrect, and autopath does indeed NOT always take you to the right place (ex; turtle corpses says to go to Phoenix river but auto paths you to Great Lake, but either place, you CANNOT GET THE CORPSES! )

and on and on...

i will not attempt these quests anymore until the corrections are introduced and changes made. it is an absolute waste of time to run all over the map only to find the devs have not yet included the npc your supposed to be looking for, or the mob you have to kill, or the mat u need to farm....etc. etc. etc. its just one thng after another. i LOVE questing, i gives me an opportuntiy to relax, grind, not worry about my squad, and just play. but ill stick to old quests until someone shows me these are fixed.
    edited November 2012
    i dont know about the rest of you, but 27 new quests sounded like fun, until i started doing them. MANY of the "locations" noted are incorrect, and autopath does indeed NOT always take you to the right place (ex; turtle corpses says to go to Phoenix river but auto paths you to Great Lake, but either place, you CANNOT GET THE CORPSES! )

Autopath has taken me to the correct location for each of the turtle corpses, the corpses are turtle looking corpses at the very bottom of water that need to be farmed.

I've completed each of the new quests with no problems except the already mentioned quest, the NPC is missing.
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Add lev 9 tome have -0.05 int in place of -0.1 of chinese version

Can i ask how can learn Apothocary 9? I can't find quest "a herb in Hell" on database

about Chinese text it appear also in TT with APS boss

(note to Krisnda: those are answers not additons to the list)
    *the chinese version has no -0.1 tome. according to pwdb china has same tome.
    *you cannot learn lvl 9 apoth. someone got overly excited. the mentioned quest is very old.
    *the chinese text over is a translation error. should be "resist".

btw
    why did u had to quote the entire first post to ask this? i can't come up with a sensible explanation for your spam. please let me in on your secret.
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • RexNero - Dreamweaver
    RexNero - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    (note to Krisnda: those are answers not additons to the list)
    *the chinese version has no -0.1 tome. according to pwdb china has same tome.
    *you cannot learn lvl 9 apoth. someone got overly excited. the mentioned quest is very old.
    *the chinese text over is a translation error. should be "resist".

btw
    why did u had to quote the entire first post to ask this? i can't come up with a sensible explanation for your spam. please let me in on your secret.

Quote entire post maybe 30 rows or quote 2 rows a difference of 10-20 byte space for a database in Text field sorry for waste so much space. There are full of ppl with 5k unusefull post and you really worried about my quote dimension?

PS anyway i have fix over now are on quote only 5 rows enjoy
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012

This really should be done. Not everyone PvPs, and not everyone can be online at that time of day for two hours. It's pretty unfair that some people can run an event and make Nirvana gear for little to no cost while the rest of us have lost our way of farming (since nobody will run the PvE instances) and are forced to buy from them.

This should definitely NOT be done lol Why inject even more drops into the system? If they don't fix the Nation Wars rewards table (and remove the current drops that were handed out i.e. server rollbacks) then they might as well just put everything in the boutique and make it free. Then people won't even have to do events or instances, just press O and select the item you want. That's the point that this game seems to be coming to now.

But hey...long live Private Server International.
  • NaughtyZOOT - Dreamweaver
    NaughtyZOOT - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    DQ vended items not appearing since the 16th. Know if this happening to at least 4 players so far.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    barb r8r use to be

2) +1200 hp
    4) +12 attack levels

it is now

2) +1500 hp
    4) +15 attack levels

Made me happy :)

3) 4% crit i think this is unchanged
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • pzzchck50
    pzzchck50 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You can run 2 clients buuuuttt....U have to go to the C Drive n Open a new client the old Skool Way.
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    idk if anyone else has mentioned this, but i noticed that the wizards channel bar wording for morning dew has been changed to another language. if this has been mentioned, im confirming here.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
    edited November 2012
    idk if anyone else has mentioned this, but i noticed that the wizards channel bar wording for morning dew has been changed to another language. if this has been mentioned, im confirming here.

I mentioned on Page 22.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    While Channeling Morning Dew, the Channel Bar shows Manar the Somber.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2hz0pis.jpg

It's also listed like this under the Wizard Skill Trainer. Was confusing for a second when I went to level my skills. Good thing the icon didn't change b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Added changes up to page 24 from where Krisnda left off. b:pleased

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ZaioBaio - Raging Tide
    ZaioBaio - Raging Tide Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i`ll write again. Feral Concentration venomancer skill has wrong Channel Time (in description is 3 sec) now is just 1 sec
  • Sayuri_cat - Sanctuary
    Sayuri_cat - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So i was too lazy to read ahead and see if anyone else complained about the darn time of the Nation Wars. Sure it's nice and perfect time for those living in the US, but us poor EU people are left staying up (or waking up) at 3, 4, 5, AM just to attend to an event which may or may not give us any rewards. For those saying "then go to the EU server", yeah i will most certainly leave the work I've done in the past 4 years just so I'd start again on a normal server. No thanks, but believe me when i say if i could move my entire account to another server I'd do that in a blink.
    Now my suggestion would be, if you could place those events at least on Friday sometimes earlier, make them 11AM US time, i don't think they'd die if they wouldn't be able to wake up at 2PM like they normally do. I heard Nation Wars were fun, too bad i couldn't go. And I'm not the only one from EU with the same problem. So please, meet us half way and at least for one day, make it earlier.
    Thx, even though I'm not sure anyone will care :)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now my suggestion would be, if you could place those events at least on Friday sometimes earlier, make them 11AM US time, i don't think they'd die if they wouldn't be able to wake up at 2PM like they normally do.

Normal people work or go to school the Friday at that time.

I do understand that people are frustrated cause the time doesn't please everyone, but I personally think there's more people that prefer the actual time than if you put it the Friday morning when all Americans work and go to school, don't forget that there's other countries that have the same time than USA as Canada and etc. There's no hour that will please everyone, there will be always someone not happy about the time.

I see many people changing server lately due to different reason, it's never too late to start on a new server, I do it, I play on 2 servers. (Just level a char to 60 and go to NW for money xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Sayuri_cat - Sanctuary
    Sayuri_cat - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Normal people work or go to school the Friday at that time.

I do understand that people are frustrated cause the time doesn't please everyone, but I personally think there's more people that prefer the actual time than if you put it the Friday morning when all Americans work and go to school, don't forget that there's other countries that have the same time than USA as Canada and etc. There's no hour that will please everyone, there will be always someone not happy about the time.

See now you're missing the point, i don't see why there can't be 2 times, or Friday at 11AM(or any time that's not 8PM) and Sunday at 8PM. That way we can make more ppl pleased, why would the US only be satisfied. But ok, who cares :)
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    See now you're missing the point, i don't see why there can't be 2 times, or Friday at 11AM(or any time that's not 8PM) and Sunday at 8PM. That way we can make more ppl pleased, why would the US only be satisfied. But ok, who cares :)

I guess people in Central America, South America, and Canada don't count, right? These times are clearly just for people in the US. I mean, other N/S American countries use totally different time zones anyway, right?
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I do understand that people are frustrated cause the time doesn't please everyone, but I personally think there's more people that prefer the actual time than if you put it the Friday morning when all Americans work and go to school,

So bascially it's okay if people from other time zones can't attent due to RL, but if it happened to Americans, it would be ****ed up? What kidn of logic is this even? b:surrender

Such a major event just shouldn't happen exclusively in one time zone with players all over the world.

Let's be honest here. People who can attend NW are gaining mass amounts of mats and bascially free G15 gears. The people who can't attend due to RL? Might as well quit. G15 is going zo become the new standard gear in time, easy as hell to get for some, a long long farm for others. Now what's any fair with that?

And no, switchng server is hardly an option. I'm not going to leave my stuff, characters and friends behind. Same as I won't skip school like someone suggested. That's not being stubborn or unreasonable. It's just so very wrong what PWE did with the time window of NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just going to re-post this here. It was in reference to a different post, but I think it is still relevant.
    Hypothetical situation: Imagine if a game was released in Europe that didn't close its doors to North American players but those same players kept complaining when times for events were based on EU times and they couldn't participate. ...Would anyone on an EU forum take any NA'ers seriously if they said "discrimination because of not being European!!" ? Hell no.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    When i went to open TT yesterday, it now shows the settings in all chat logs for players inside the instance in Bold Red Writting. - > perhaps its nothing new, and i have only just seen it.

e.g

''THE BOSS SETTING IS HIGH''
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I agree with this, but change the days. The average person has Sunday off so there would be less complaints if they kept it to 8PM on Friday and made it 11-12 on Sunday.

Not that it matters, to be honest. I think people should be happy to have one day at 8PM and let the other timezones have one, rather than being greedy and demanding they have both.

(Also, the 8PM time due to it being a 2 hour event doesn't actually work for most of the Americans and Canadians I know, being that they are still several hours off of server time... so this really only caters to the small server time population.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I mentioned on Page 22.

sry bout the late reply, but thanks for mentioning it aurora.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
    edited November 2012
    sry bout the late reply, but thanks for mentioning it aurora.

That's okay.
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    you cant take of the other sins from stealth using the teleport stun
  • Snowycookie - Sanctuary
    Snowycookie - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just going to re-post this here. It was in reference to a different post, but I think it is still relevant.

But the thing is, this game aint Perfect World America, its International.
This discussion has been closed.