Undocumented changes/bugs/complaints about new update

Options

Comments

• _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I love this new nation wars it just needs better times!
  • XauroraFROST - Dreamweaver
    XauroraFROST - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The Tideborn, Genesis, Cromagnon, and Gate of Antiquity area Waypoints have been reset on all of my characters excluding Tellus and City of Raging Tides.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I did a forum search came up with nothing. Lu Zah NPC for turning in the quest you get when you pick up an Astral Stone is missing in Sanctuary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • XauroraFLARE - Dreamweaver
    XauroraFLARE - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    While Channeling Morning Dew, the Channel Bar shows Manar the Somber.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/2hz0pis.jpg
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Step 1: not listening to the player base on their needs/glitches/ideas

Step 2: lower the main income of lvl1-30 players to 1 coin per (DQ
    items)

Step 3: further lower the main income up to lvl75 player (up to DQ71 items)

so now that any chance at noobs playing without spending cash = 0....they need to play for a bit and ENJOY the game before spending rl $$...duh

Step 4: kill a main source of endgame income/content via a PK event...allowing the cheaters to win (goon glitchers...bot users), and the only source of FTP content left for endgame=TT

Step 5: no new endgame content...for-ev-or

Talk about a downward spiral!!

Who do the CSers sell to? Each other? NO!!! FTP users...duh! Do you really think TT will hold the game together?

Do the math...no new player base...75% (maybe more) have quit...no FTP users left...CSers start having trouble selling...are you any way related to a major bank with no bail-out?

I've stated a few times before...whoever is in charge of economics and marketing at PWI should be shaved, shot, then sterilized....and I SURELY stand by that.

Thank you so much for your greed, idiocy, **** expression, and killing what was once a great game.

PWI devs=monkeys...end rant b:angry b:angry b:angry
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Moved to discussion about expansion at request of OP.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Moved to discussion about expansion at request of OP.
    TY! b:surrender
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Step 1: not listening to the player base on their needs/glitches/ideas

Step 2: lower the main income of lvl1-30 players to 1 coin per (DQ
    items)

Step 3: further lower the main income up to lvl75 player (up to DQ71 items)

so now that any chance at noobs playing without spending cash = 0....they need to play for a bit and ENJOY the game before spending rl $$...duh

Step 4: kill a main source of endgame income/content via a PK event...allowing the cheaters to win (goon glitchers...bot users), and the only source of FTP content left for endgame=TT

Step 5: no new endgame content...for-ev-or

Talk about a downward spiral!!

Who do the CSers sell to? Each other? NO!!! FTP users...duh! Do you really think TT will hold the game together?

Do the math...no new player base...75% (maybe more) have quit...no FTP users left...CSers start having trouble selling...are you any way related to a major bank with no bail-out?

I've stated a few times before...whoever is in charge of economics and marketing at PWI should be shaved, shot, then sterilized....and I SURELY stand by that.

Thank you so much for your greed, idiocy, **** expression, and killing what was once a great game.

PWI devs=monkeys...end rant b:angry b:angry b:angry

+1 Good Point agreed !

Contemplation Forge on Amulet Carving States requires a lvl 11+ Ring which should be changed made into requires lvl 11+ Necklace.

Here's the proof-
    Err.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this is a nutral thing, the changed the name of the psychic lvl79 flight buff tot Tradewinds
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Wont this also drive gold prices down in the market at last though? I mean when everything is basically handed to us now and people cant afford to buy basically anything... basically saying, might be seeing gold for much less soon if no one can buy it @____@
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary
    _Unmatched_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok, I have been playing this game since it launched in 2008. Since Tideborn everything has gone downhill, but i still kept playing, i was never the best geared player, but I was ok with it. NOW. NOW, that i work my *** of for 3 WHOLE MONTHS, Griding, Merching for 250 cannies and 150 raps, Perfect Wold decides to take that all away, and say, they're not worth anything. Just like that. Over night.. Are you ****ing serious? This is by far the stupidest thing they have EVER, EVER, i mean EVER done.
    Now i loose all my assets, i loose about 200mil in money that I would have had. Just when things were going up hill, i wake up and realized I've been ****ed in the *** again while i was sleeping. If this isn't reversed next maintenance I will quit the game.

All this work of getting my gear for what???
    I don't usually EVER get this worked up about a damn game, but this just pisses me off.

I posted this on 3 threads in hope of somebody seeing it and giving a **** about all the money I lost.
    It's not spam, since the text is different in all of them, so don't even think about it.

:surrender:
    [SIGPIC] This is how real playyas level. [/SIGPIC]This is how real playyas level.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok, I have been playing this game since it launched in 2008. Since Tideborn everything has gone downhill, but i still kept playing, i was never the best geared player, but I was ok with it. NOW. NOW, that i work my *** of for 3 WHOLE MONTHS, Griding, Merching for 250 cannies and 150 raps, Perfect Wold decides to take that all away, and say, they're not worth anything. Just like that. Over night.. Are you ****ing serious? This is by far the stupidest thing they have EVER, EVER, i mean EVER done.
    Now i loose all my assets, i loose about 200mil in money that I would have had. Just when things were going up hill, i wake up and realized I've been ****ed in the *** again while i was sleeping. If this isn't reversed next maintenance I will quit the game.

All this work of getting my gear for what???
    I don't usually EVER get this worked up about a damn game, but this just pisses me off.

I posted this on 3 threads in hope of somebody seeing it and giving a **** about all the money I lost.
    It's not spam, since the text is different in all of them, so don't even think about it.

:surrender:

Took you 3 months to make 250 cannies? I made over a thousand in a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think it's kind of dangerous for the status of the game to have the recasts of R9 so easily attainable now.

What's really stupid about Nation wars is that you cannot see the names of people on the opposing side, which yea, works out fine enough in a balanced environment, but the game and gear differences are anything but that, and for a PvP situation, it'd be better to be able to see the names of other players.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What's really stupid about Nation wars is that you cannot see the names of people on the opposing side, which yea, works out fine enough in a balanced environment, but the game and gear differences are anything but that, and for a PvP situation, it'd be better to be able to see the names of other players.

guiz, it's so hard to tell apart the people I PVP with and against everyday by their character look and fashion. I mean, I'm blind after all.

I also can't open the T screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

How exactly did you lose money? You still got your gears. Sure, it took you longer and everyone else will have it easier to get the same now. Yet, you still got your stuff.

Just speaks jealousy to me, sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • yakko
    yakko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Faction Signet isn't translated
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    guiz, it's so hard to tell apart the people I PVP with and against everyday by their character look and fashion. I mean, I'm blind after all.

I also can't open the T screen.

Well sure, we can do that, but it's an ease of use issue. There's no reason it shouldn't be there. It just allows for quicker, better responses.

Anyway, another thing that I believe wasn't mentioned is that maximum flying height in TW has been decreased to 20 meters
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Binding totems in TW no longer take damage from what I can tell.
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    not sure if already posted, but they finally removed the repair option from NPC's that don't actually repair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I notice in TW that we cannot fly as high as usual people in my faction noticed it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    First:

When buying something in the boutique, the font size is way to big for the warning window that pops in there when confirming your transaction. b:chuckle

Second:

When you take the new quest (the gambling race event i think)from the NPC in arch, it lets you enter even if the quest time-span isn't correct.

Furthermore, it teleports you inside the instance where the race develops and lets you walk inside ALL the chambers of the instance.

Moreso, if you town-teleport inside the instance, it gets you to the instance where the dragon temple adventure quest takes place (the one where you can get the Eye of the jungle item).

I dont know if that didn't make much sense. b:sad b:surrender

It sure didnt for me when it happened. b:shocked

b:cry
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »

Negative:
    - Faction Base reward boxes NOT TRADABLE (edit)

The Faction Base boxes have never been tradeable thats not a negative.

They changed it so all the rewards inside are now tradeable though which is better than before:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/27108

TW Changes - (I consider this kinda negative though not that big a deal)

1) The maximum flight height is significantly lower
    2) Teleport totems can no longer be destroyed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You can Ask Med, for more info Salari. From what her and I found it seems to be partially implemented. We both were able to take the quest and after the herb gather in DW Port. You get sent to Heaven and White Lotus Village I believe is the area you go to, NE Section of map, and talk to the Apotho there. Problem is the apotho items you need to manufacture, lvl 110 items, to get the skill book aren't possible. So it isn't properly implemented or bugged b:cry
    Sry but I dont get it. From where do u get that quest to collect the herb in hell? No "herb in hell" quest can be found at pwdatabase, and it still says the lvl9 apo quest is lvl150.... -> http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2978
    So how could u get that quest?

@CoA 10 sec count: The bug was never gone, at least not for me. I always have 10 and 5 sec countdowns switchingn (questlag). Only after a client restart i got the 30 sec count that gets me in....

@light helm in base: -> http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/27996
    So same costs as for the other 2 helmets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The Faction Base boxes have never been tradeable thats not a negative.

They changed it so all the rewards inside are now tradeable though:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/27108

That suck the ones we already have are still bound, but with the Nations war event anyway it's ''free'' without need to do trials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    not sure if already posted, but they finally removed the repair option from NPC's that don't actually repair

Yeah most notably the Jewelcraftsman no longer have the Fix All/Repair boxes. Which is a good change because clicking on those boxes did not repair your gear.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I noticed an option to repair gear from faction base npc, i never verified it works but if it does its a nice improvement. NO more running out of the obsolete faction trials too repair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

NEGATIVE: Now you can not fly as high as we used to in the tw instance

And we are still waiting for the base wars

also some chinesse things in the [Squad Signet] description
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i've read only to ~page 10 so my apologies if something has been mentioned beyond that.

++
    -delta: return to battle menu fixed; now shows only the valid option.

+-
    -bladetornado ignores plumeshell. (positive for bm, not so positive for cleric b:chuckle)
    -mark of weakness is only affected by mag def / def lvl / Faith (genie skill) / tidal protection.
    -the apoth lvl 9 quest someone mentioned is not new, apoth 9 is not available since it requires lvl 150.
    -quest item named "qu33r mask"; not that i care but pwi is pretty homophobic (no same sex marriage, no embrace of same gender) and sexist (woman can't carry a man). it censors "qu33r" in chat. but there is an item named "qu33r mask" - i am just asking for some consitency here! b:laugh

--
    -only TWO of the FOUR NationWar forges in game atm. (most parts of new r9recast missing e.g.)
    -on-screen questlog switches to available quests, when current is "empty". no option to disable that.
    -NationWar map ui is missing mini-map names, cant corrdinate properly with others.
    -nirvana did not get at least x10 drop increase to compensate the new (and great equalizer) NationsWar.
    -new waistband inceptions are not tradeable anymore.
    -as mentioned the npc "Ma lin" is missing in dreamweaver.
    two other, old quests are still broken:
    -quest: The Circle. the required boss is not in game, hence cannot be completed.
    -quest Deicide: killing of "drake fling" never gets counted, log stuck at (0/1), hence cannot be completed.
    -black voodoo and white voodoo still have same icons.
    -formerly account-stashable hypers (and other items) are still not accountstashable (and stuck on useless bank alts).
    -r8r/trial mats are not tradeable/stashable.
    -many lunar tm gold-medal-rewards stil require lvl 150 and cannot be obtained.
    -veno/mystic/seeker attacking/debuffing pets and plants cannot be tab targeted.
    -FrostCovered TM still missing.
    -supreme robes still not available. (combination of all TM robes)
    -accoutn stash still not pw protected.
    -oht forge still has no tideborn weapons.
    -one cannot fully navigate on login menu. tab works only on "name" and "password" but not on "forcelog" field.

-we got target selections (normal/player/monster), but we still missing buff selections (positive-puff/negative-buff/positive-stsus/negative-status/self). it is barely manageble and often unclear how buffed / debuffed someone is. because bufficon display is limited to 14 on target and 20 on self. during tw one often has way more then that or on bosses in pve.

-the name-display-distance is still way to close. one cannot identify target as friendly or unfriendly in pk/tw/nw(name missing entirely) unless they are close. a red/blue dot over the head would be a nice solution for distant identification, to avoid ugly text spam of name/faction on the screen.

granted, some of those are older then the latest patch. (and there are more, but this is enough for now) but after sending tickets and getting the word by word same canned response i at least can document them on forums.

thank you for this list Krisnda.b:thanks
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide
    AdiLynnRose - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sry but I dont get it. From where do u get that quest to collect the herb in hell? No "herb in hell" quest can be found at pwdatabase, and it still says the lvl9 apo quest is lvl150.... -> http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2978
    So how could u get that quest?

If you would pay attention to the part of "It's not properly implemented or bugged" you'd have understood. b:shutup

To start the quest you go to arch elder, it's buggy because I could take it on 2 toons but not a 3rd, they send you to the herb gather like previous quests. Then you get a pop up. which sends to Heaven and White Lotus Village. The problem is the NPC doesn't have the quest to manufacture the apotho item, because it doesn't exist, it's a lvl 110 pot. Again why I said it's not properly implemented or bugged
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    -on-screen questlog switches to available quests, when current is "empty". no option to disable that.

This new quest tracker is a definite negative for me. First, the switching, as you mentioned - with all of these new quests added, plus some I chose not to do, my screen actually freezes when I finish the tracked quests I have while it tries to load up the available ones. I don't care if you want to make it possible to click to get available ones, but do not make it track automatically just because the current list is empty.

Also, it is extremely difficult to move the new quest tracker. For me at least, I can only move it if I catch it at the perfect spot on the left side near the top. Mostly I just end up running around trying, but I have to move it sometimes because it always appears where my squad bar is.

I also hate, and have since a previous patch, that quests automatically track when you pick them up. I do not need BHs tracked, or every blue and purple divine quest I grab. I would much rather track the quests as I go to do them. I often pick up 5 quests at a time and don't want to do them that day, so I have to stand there untracking to clear my screen (and if I log out too soon I have to untrack them the next day as well).
    -nirvana did not get at least x10 drop increase to compensate the new (and great equalizer) NationsWar.

This really should be done. Not everyone PvPs, and not everyone can be online at that time of day for two hours. It's pretty unfair that some people can run an event and make Nirvana gear for little to no cost while the rest of us have lost our way of farming (since nobody will run the PvE instances) and are forced to buy from them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
This discussion has been closed.