Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Options

Comments

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    " Can you give me herbs plz? "

from every class in FC.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    That nobody thinks of healing cleric in fc when bubbled (and in general) :/ Mystics, wizards, psyhichs... So I must always rely on genie and charm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Linneah - Raging Tide
    Linneah - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    When I'm in a squad with another cleric that runs into melee range of aoe bosses so they can CHB spam the tank (who stays at 75% health or above anyway thanks to my IH stacks), and I have to spamheal them even more than the melee DDs. b:sad

Also the stupid 3-4 second lag in the party HP bars as opposed to the target HP bar. b:angry
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    People who don't take clerics as DDs in caster... And than they take me because no one else pms...and I end up tanking without the use of taunts b:surrender.

Squishy people with 4k hp wanting to play agro ping pong....and than promptly die. Dude, it's amazing you have a well refined wep...but work on your armor a bit more?b:cry I totally don't understand how someone can have a +10 wep and 4k hp b:sweat it's like they are asking to die...

Also...something else that happend to me when I was on mystic....Barb was pulling bigroom mobs and didn't agro them before going into BB range! I used expel on cleric...he would have died otherwise.... People need to learn how to play their class!! I don't give a f*ck if anyone else in the team dies, but I'm gonna keep the cleric alive even at the cost of my own life >.<
  • garrath
    garrath Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    The ones that don't IH before going to pull a high-hitting boss and your charm ticks as barb because of that.

not saying you do it, but a lot of pullers like to run off while you are stacking them, then they pull as the last ib hits and the cleric gets the aggro, so if it isnt a tank I know I wait till theyy ask for a stack and wing or such
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    garrath wrote: »
    not saying you do it, but a lot of pullers like to run off while you are stacking them, then they pull as the last ib hits and the cleric gets the aggro, so if it isnt a tank I know I wait till theyy ask for a stack and wing or such

I hover my finger over f2 (IH) and esc at the same time. That way I can stack them like a good cleric but don't heal while they're pulling like a bad cleric and can cancel my channeling if they start moving.

Also, as a barb, I'll often "fake" a run. I'll move towards the mobs so they stop IHing but stop before I'm in the aggro range in case they didn't stop in time, then I'll go again.

Another pet peave of mine is barbs that holy path out of range of mobs and either reset the mobs onto the squad during their pull or run to a point and roar but 1/3 of the mobs haven't reached them yet because they're stuck on corners. Then you put up bb and unaggroed mobs start showing up.

If you're a barb man-up and tank during your pull, don't try to dodge mobs that'll just reset on your squad. Thats what your hp and defenses are for, use them.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    **** sins who dont listen when I tell them Pole's AOE will kill them and I do not have time to save them if they get aggro or arent in CHB range as I focus on barb and purifying.
    Is getting a bow so hard?

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • platypix77
    platypix77 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    As a cleric:
    1. Barbs/other tanks that don't aoe at big pulls (that I BB at) and get me killed, then they die and the whole squad following, and then the squad blaming me healing too early. >.>
    2. Sins who attack a boss before the squad is ready and expecting me to run in and save their life... not happening.
    3. Mystics who don't rez buff me first and instead buff the DD's. I can rez any one of you, but not myself. Part of your job as a mystic is to keep the cleric rez buffed.
    4. In duels when I run from a melee class and they QQ that I ran away and healed. Apparently im more skilled than you and have the incentive to run away from your puny range.
    5. People who say not to use SoR. I know almost everyone in this thread hates when clerics use that skill, but it has its uses (I only use on uncharmed people). I use it to start off an IH spam on bosses (mostly). I wait till their HP is at half then i channel it and they usually go to full (exception of barbs and seekers) and then I IH.
    6. People who let me die because of walkers.
    7. When I use WoP on a puller and they just sit there. Then they expect me to use it 10 seconds after it wears off. HELLO!!!! It has a 5 minute cooldown. lol
    8. People who say I shouldn't DD on pulls and bosses. I know what I'm doing and I do it all the time (I was healing in FF at lvl 60 >.>)
    As an alt:
    1. Clerics who know I'm pulling a lot of mobs and heal after I get the first group.
    2. Clerics who DD (fulltime) and don't heal at all.
    3. Clerics who stand there and do nothing when they're attacked by a walker and type "HELP ME!!!!" when I'm coming to them. If the cleric ran to me she might have lived.
    4. I'll use an example for this one. I was on my squishy as hell, lvl 81 sin. The tank and 2 DD's were dead and I had to kill mpbs so they could rez. I was doing great with the cleric and mystic healing me. Then they stop healing me to rez. I died seconds later. I'm like "WTH! I'm a sin and sin=squishy." I would appreciate it if you healed me till the mobs were dead BEFORE you rezzed.

Well thats all I can think of right now. :3b:surrender

Thanks for Reading,

-Diazex
    According to a certain someone who I shall not disclose, Clerics are mushrooms; and mushrooms are decomposers which eventually eat EVERYTHING!!!! But what are mystics? :0

Healers Rule!

*Edit*: Just back after 2 years away, and I am now maining mystic <3
  • KitKatAngel - Archosaur
    KitKatAngel - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Things that annoy me...hmmm,
    - There is always that sin that decides to stealth, runs out of MP, has no pots, gets attacked, promptly dies and expects me to come and res him.b:angry
    - Times when we have 2 clerics in the squad instead of 1 and the other cleric gets jelly and refuses to res me if I die.
    - Random level 30's whispering for buffs and res. I have a squad to heal.
    - DD's that get mad when they steal aggro, die, I take aggro and die so they have no res.
    - The mystic that thinks that it's a healer, tries to heal, tank dies, takes aggro and DIES.
    - The mystic that realises halfway through attacking that it's gonna die, and runs to the entrance of the dungeon, leaving us without a magic DD.
    - Cleric bashers
    b:cute Sweet dreams and unicorns make life worth living b:cute
  • StreamElf - Sanctuary
    StreamElf - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I hate it when some mob is attacking me and i run around the DD's and tank and NO ONE is getting it off my back, which results in multiple charm ticks. Even worse is when the same people start complaining a while later that they got 1 charm tick because they were out of range and i couldn't heal them. Or i didn't see they were attacking a mob (which is mostly when they're out of range.. or behind the camera either one).

Also people than run ahead, die and blame me for not healing em.

I had 1 lvl 99 bm ragequit in bh59 because i stole aggro (as a lvl 93 cleric at that time).. He left at Zimo. It was funny in one way, but it sucked because we could have used the extra attack power. It's not my fault your weapon sucks.

People constantly screaming "BUFF ME" "REZ ME" when i'm trying to keep others alive.

People not keeping bishops off my back

Psys/Mystics/Wizzies not healing me when i get bubbled in FCC, but complain when you don't purify them fast enough (Like i can heal you when i'm asleep)

People that start running away right after the bishop boss and then complain they didn't get any buffs.

There's probably more, sadly enough.
    8x Cleric (Sanctuary)
    6x Veno (Sanctuary)
    5x Assasin (Harshlands)
    3x Archer (Sanctuary)
  • Anmori - Dreamweaver
    Anmori - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Theres actually lots things..
    but usually its the squad member's attitude that pisses me off :s

So respect your cleric and be nice to them b:chuckle
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Sins that decide to spank me in squad chat without my permission. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • apex1predator
    apex1predator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Reading this thread makes me think theres a sea of noobs, some with a creditcard and some who dont, playing pwi now. Maaan im glad i dont have to put up with this stuff.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Tanks who constantly run off from heals when their HP goes under some point and then boss' aoe kills me.

• CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I hate it when some mob is attacking me and i run around the DD's and tank and NO ONE is getting it off my back, which results in multiple charm ticks. Even worse is when the same people start complaining a while later that they got 1 charm tick because they were out of range and i couldn't heal them. Or i didn't see they were attacking a mob

At that moment you should let their tick so much that it starts to ring.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I hate it when some mob is attacking me and i run around the DD's and tank and NO ONE is getting it off my back,

Least you run around the DD. You know how many cleric's run AWAY from anyone that can actually aggro the mob? The example that comes to mind is the being in the level 80's in FCC and doing the 4th boss. Goon spawned on the cleric, aoe stunned everyone, as soon as we were unstunned the cleric holy paths out into the hall and towards the entrance of FCC. The goon goes chasing it along with a few DDs chasing the goon, the barb and I think a bm stayed to hold the boss. The cleric would not turn around and run back to us...

A second goon spawned and started to stunlock the barb and bm with the boss bleeding them. Was a big mess because the cleric ran away from people that can aggro the mobs.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Least you run around the DD. You know how many cleric's run AWAY from anyone that can actually aggro the mob? The example that comes to mind is the being in the level 80's in FCC and doing the 4th boss. Goon spawned on the cleric, aoe stunned everyone, as soon as we were unstunned the cleric holy paths out into the hall and towards the entrance of FCC. The goon goes chasing it along with a few DDs chasing the goon, the barb and I think a bm stayed to hold the boss. The cleric would not turn around and run back to us...

A second goon spawned and started to stunlock the barb and bm with the boss bleeding them. Was a big mess because the cleric ran away from people that can aggro the mobs.

All.the.freaking.time. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I hate it when some mob is attacking me and i run around the DD's and tank and NO ONE is getting it off my back, which results in multiple charm ticks. Even worse is when the same people start complaining a while later that they got 1 charm tick because they were out of range and i couldn't heal them. Or i didn't see they were attacking a mob (which is mostly when they're out of range.. or behind the camera either one).

This -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Aggro ping pong ftw

• foxnester
    foxnester Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Thanks to everyone here, from a lvl 39 cleric, I am now thoroughly intimidated by how much I have to learn, lolz, but I'm in a nice faction so I'm going to ask for a squad to walk trough the Secret Passage so I and anyone else can learn what we're doing.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Don't worry. You get the hang of things quickly enough as long as you're one of those rare people that asks questions and is willing to listen.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    In the past five years, I've leveled six clerics to somewhere between 90 and 102. I've played all the other classes, but I keep coming back to clerics because they suit my style and personality. And, each time I start a new one I think I get better. I also don't sell off gear, so each new cleric tends to be better geared than the one before.

I quit playing PWI regularly several months ago, more out of frustration than because I was bored - mostly for ALL the reasons stated in previous posts. People not knowing their class role and who did dumb stuff risking entire squads became more commonplace than those who really know what they're doing. And some of these were very high level, like 102 archer stealing aggro repeatedly and laughing when she died -- no nevermind that she burnt up other players' charms and upped the cost of repair bills. Very stupid and selfish.

For the past couple of years I've mostly multi accounted and run my own squads, where I NEVER die (I usually have to commit suicide so I can complete my culti). Last time I did this I leveled a cleric and sin up together. Up to BH59 the cleric always tanked and the sin did DD. I had to power level past BH69, but for BH79-89 my cleric resumed tanking. BH79 is very easy for cleric to tank, 89 requires a lot of care and strategy, but with patience it's very doable. And, yes, my sin was often equipped with a lower level bow to keep from taking aggro. Players with big ego's and little minds don't give clerics enough credit.

But this is an MMORPG, and I miss being in squads with other players, so I've decided to start playing again with a new cleric. Going to level her the old fashioned way and try to enjoy the game again - farming mats and doing crafting - and trying to get in squads. Please wish me luck and a ton of patience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've learn to ignore, but to answer your question its when someone simplys says "Heal" that just seems like a asinine thing to say to a cleric. Healing is a whole different ball game, and if you know more about healing than maybe that DDer should be a cleric.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    When people tell me to attack in squad when I prefer not to.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Usually what gets me a lil ticked is that one person that always wants a freakin heal..look there are 4 others dude lol..pot u dummy take an asprin the doctor is busy.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Usually what gets me a lil ticked is that one person that always wants a freakin heal..look there are 4 others dude lol..pot u dummy take an asprin the doctor is busy.

+1
    ikr selfish bishes O_o

if your taking too much damage and the cleric doesnt have time for you, doesnt mean we arent doing our job it means your undergeared, not playing properly or the tank/others need it more then you do, get better gear or use a pot like mentioned before!!

+1 again >.>
    it should be because it is.
  • Adrianus - Dreamweaver
    Adrianus - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I will have to say this annoys me a lot as well, one of the things I hate the most and I'm pretty sure it was already said was people that get to an instance and don't check to see if they have pots. Then they look to you to supply them. I'm keeping my pots to keep your *** alive, look before you stone in.
    Ardianus - 88 BM (retired)
    Tardok - 83 Cleric
    Doktar - 43 Seeker
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The pot thing annoys me as well. Although I must admit I've slipped up once or twice in the last few years and didn't bring enough pots for the whole instance. So I don't really feel right calling others on it. b:surrenderb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The pot thing annoys me as well. Although I must admit I've slipped up once or twice in the last few years and didn't bring enough pots for the whole instance. So I don't really feel right calling others on it. b:surrenderb:surrender

I use mostly the divine quest pots, depending on what character I'm on. For my casters, the divine hp pots but for my barb, bm, seeker I'll use hp food. For my LA/HA I use divine mp pots but for my casters I use mp food.

This works well for me because if someone needs pots I can link them my divine quest pots and "sorry, not tradable =/". Its not something intentional just to be selfish but it has been useful.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I use mostly the divine quest pots, depending on what character I'm on. For my casters, the divine hp pots but for my barb, bm, seeker I'll use hp food. For my LA/HA I use divine mp pots but for my casters I use mp food.

This works well for me because if someone needs pots I can link them my divine quest pots and "sorry, not tradable =/". Its not something intentional just to be selfish but it has been useful.

I do that on my psychic. I'm terrible, I know. b:chuckle Really I get irritated to the people who lie about it or who never seem to have pots the most. There have been some squads where I run into the same person asking for pots again. I suspect that just live on the pots people give to them. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: