Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Comments

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *Rudeness, and general disrespect. (You do this, I'll leave or cuss you out.)
    *People who run from buffs, and heals. (Don't blame me when you die afterwards...even when I'm trying to holy path to catch you and help you.
    *People who don't properly aggro all of the mobs. (Sometimes I don't realize they only hit one, and heal...and then I'm fighting for my life. Others do this out of not knowing or caring. Either way this sucks....Note: I don't know what your bloodpaint heals you for, so if you're relying upon it exclusively, then inform me...in squad chat that you don't need my heals, because I'm not going to have people asking why I'm not healing. That way, if you die, you're responsible for your own death, and everyone knows that.
    *People who charge ahead. (If you can't wait for a heal, you don't need it.)
    *People who stealth ahead and don't help. (-__-)
    *People who choose to let me die, because they're afraid that they'll die, or find it funny. (My rez is sage. You will lose 0% xp if you die. I'll lose the whole chunk if I die, plus I know what I'm doing.) Its rare that I leave a squad, but this is a reason that I will drop.
    *People that lie about the run. (Need help with wined bh69....I arrive....oh, its unwined...but you're lev el 100, I thought you could handle it.... >__< )
    *People that don't listen, or won't work with me. (Makes it much harder.)
    *People flirting with my character. (note my sig.)
    *People who spam duels during the run.
    *People who keep whispering at me to keep them alive. (>_>)
    *Those who profess to be pro, and act and do stupid things. (I'll either take charge at this point...lag behind some, or leave.)
    *Those who refuse to answer anything. (I understand that there is a language barrier sometimes, but it does annoy me some...mainly when a person is endangering the squad.)
    *People who think that I should conform to their playstyle because I'm a cleric. Even some lower leveled players believe this.)
    *People who cry for rezzes, and cry for heals.
    *People who ask "Are you healing?* (You have 9k health, and got one shot for 10k. I can't heal that.)
    *People who just want to do their own thing, and tell me not to buff them. (If no buffs are present, I'm sorry, but I'll buff you anyways, since you running buffless endangers my squad as a whole, since I'll have to focus you more if you do steal aggro, and will have to be quicker in responding to you...so yeah...if you don't want to be buffed....don't run with me.)

That's what I can think of at the moment.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • I_skateboard - Harshlands
    I_skateboard - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So much stuff really lol

I hate when i say please wait i need chi for something and the squad just goes on without me then blames the deaths on me. When i have a veno in squad who is being stingy it's gets on my nerves.

I really hate when random people go ask me for buff, like gtfo do i go around asking for your buffs? >_> .b:angry

When I am stacking the Barb and he goes while i am still stacking him, then i aggro all the mobs.

I hate when people don't know how to play their class in anything.. It is not hard to learn.

When people try to tell me how to play my class, it really annoys me when they are obviously doing a terrible job playing their class.

When FAIL Barb who are not using th correct skills die, then they blame the death on the cleric. If i am the fail i just leave and GL finding a new one.

Also people who are on my FL who just pm me when they need me for heals or rez, I should delete them haha.
  • SoIotude - Sanctuary
    SoIotude - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lvl 60 sins that request my 102 cleric to heal them in bh29. wait, hold on, ill 3 shot it instead b:laugh
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't mind healing for newbies in low level dungeons. Every time I whispered someone to help and they've asked that, it's because they want to work on learning their toons. Not because they want to follow behind someone who is 3 shotting the boss. I tend to make them learning runs and if I see the squad about to wipe step in and then tell them why something happened. I haven't done this in a very long time though, but I can understand why they asked. At least thats why they used to ask. Dunno if anyone is dumb enough to think they'd do better than a 101 cleric in that instance.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    JinxRake - Momaganon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So much stuff really lol

I hate when i say please wait i need chi for something and the squad just goes on without me then blames the deaths on me. When i have a veno in squad who is being stingy it's gets on my nerves.

I really hate when random people go ask me for buff, like gtfo do i go around asking for your buffs? >_> .b:angry

Well...you are playing a cleric and it basically doesn't cost you much to just invite them in party and give some buffs.
    I often ask random barbs or clerics for buffs when my own party can't help in that regard. "Hello. Could I trouble you for some buffs please?" ... if yes, woopie; if no, I thank them all the same and be on my merry way. I've never refused someone that asked me for BP and never will really (except a few certain a-holes...for those I'd go white and help the mobs myself).
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well...you are playing a cleric and it basically doesn't cost you much to just invite them in party and give some buffs.
    I often ask random barbs or clerics for buffs when my own party can't help in that regard. "Hello. Could I trouble you for some buffs please?" ... if yes, woopie; if no, I thank them all the same and be on my merry way. I've never refused someone that asked me for BP and never will really (except a few certain a-holes...for those I'd go white and help the mobs myself).

For bp you need to squad, but sometime a cleric can be ask 45 times in 2 minutes for buffs it become annoying, some people think clerics are ''base'' buffer for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For bp you need to squad, but sometime a cleric can be ask 45 times in 2 minutes for buffs it become annoying, some people think clerics are ''base'' buffer for them.

I have to agree. Its for this reason that I don't buff people in large groups, or where a lot of people are. I made the mistake of buffing people on the center plate of arch before. Lol. Then I got a swarm of blue spam asking for buffs as well. b:shocked Didn't make that mistake again. That, and the people that run to you while you're preoccupied to get you to buff them...or even worse, the ones that would kill the mobs that you were attacking while questing...so that you can buff them quicker. (When they did that, I'd simply run to another mob, and kill it, and keep doing so until I got what I needed, and then buffed....shouldn't have stolen a mob I was hunting. Lol.) And as far as the ones that just stand there, and don't say anything...but just follow you and look at you....yeah, I just fly away...unless I decide to be nice about it. Also depends on just how annoying they are.

*@Jinx: If you buff a squad as a cleric, that normally does cost you a charm tick if you're charmed. Just a reason why some clerics may be cautious about doing it. That said, I don't really mind buffing people...so long as they ask politely, but when I'm mp charmed, I don't really like doing it because of the charm tick. (It really should be 50%, instead of 75% in my opinion. Too easy to tick.)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
    edited July 2012
    I did TW yesterday as cleric, that remind me a lot of thing i hate in squad for TW as cleric:

-People that don't stay close to the squad, 6 mans squad was easy to deal with, but 10 mans squad it's freaking awful, no one is close you need to fly to everyone one by one to buff/heal.

-Someone in TW asking for buff, but the person keep run and holy path in front beside wait me so i need to fly and try to catch to buff.

-People (DD) that doesn't care at all about the cleric in the squad and doesn't help you when you are attack.

-People that i ress and beside take my ress go back to town with no reason.

-People that don't regroup for buff, they look like to don't know how long it take to buff everyone one by one when need to fly to them one by one, as i don't get buff cause other class doesn't seem to buff if no group buff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• NeonZephyr - Archosaur
    NeonZephyr - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hate it when a squad gets up to a difficult boss, starts attacking it, and then I (cleric) get up and go make a cup of coffee, come back and they are all dead, asking me what happened and flaming on me when I tell them. "Seriously! I'm low on caffeine, you would've died anyway with my performance skills altered" some people just dont get it b:laugh

But I do love it when a tank fails so the two clerics step in to tank/heal/DD (not recommended but funny)

-don't hate me cause I'm new-b:angry
    -and i ALWAYS notify squad when I'm going to make coffee (now days)- b:surrender
    it should be because it is.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • EdeaKramer - Raging Tide
    EdeaKramer - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In General -

1. The people who rush ahead before I can group buff the whole team and those who run ahead to pull multiple mobs on themselves and die then try to blame it on me I'm sorry but I don't play laser tag in caves and I suffer from short breath can't run behind you like that.

2. Trying to maintain the tank's HP while fighting a boss when some sin, archer or other DD pulls the aggro, decides I'm gonna keep it and dies then constantly yells res me res me. Learning to control your aggro is an important lesson for any class. Lay still for a moment and contemplate it.

3. I hate it when mobs start attacking me cause I tried to save someone else and no one bothers to help me fend them off causing me to die. They fail to realize I just as well don't have to heal them. "oops sorry lagged" (devil smiley face).

4. I hate when I die and port out the cave and instead of waiting they decide to move on and then starting getting their ***** kicked shout for me to hurry up and get there so I can heal before they die. I'm not the offspring of Flash and my Holy Path has a cool down and limit. Just die I"ll gladly res you when I get there.

Many times because of such nonsense I've considered deleting my cleric.
  • D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur
    D_u_s_t_y - Archosaur Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    not being guarded and dying by walker because everyones ran off using thier movement speed increse buff and when sins and seekers use that faster movement buff and then spend an age waiting around for you or charge in and die
    :b (my version)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Still bit more to add..

Getting left to kill harpies/magic mobs all alone while others rush forward and scream for heals.. eh.

Also when people die at Runewolf and QQ.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • garrath
    garrath Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Most my "what pisses me off" about being a cleric are things other cleric's do in squads.

For instance a cleric trying to buff everyone at once. This means waiting at the entrance for all 6 players to get in squad or not buffing till we're all standing in place. All the time I get in and would like to start clearing but I'd like to buff and the cleric is sitting there waiting for people. It takes 3300 mana to give full buffs, which for most of us is less than 1/3 our mp. If you need to pot that's about 400 coins worth but you shouldn't have to pot since our mp regen is very fast (mines 70+ mp/sec, so about 45 seconds to regen). It's usually the vit cleric's that don't have as much mp and mp regen that don't want to buff a squad more than once but seriously give me Vanguard and Magic Shell for 530 so I can get going.

Cleric's without cloud eruption on their genie.

Cleric's with Morai weapons.

Cleric's with DoT's in their weapons.

(Most) Cleric's with -channeling/mdef ornies. Especially doing FCC exp room, the cleric's that can't stand near the boss because they can't survive his physical aoe. That being said, some R9/G15 cleric's are about as tanky as my bm and they're free to wear whatever they want, lol.

I don't like the argument of "I heal this way" vs "pls heal me this way". Honestly, normally I'll side with the tank. The cleric may know how tanks want to be healed 9/10 but the tank knows his armor, his timing, his ability, and his habits. Not long ago I was helping in an FB 69 and so was a level 99 sin. He was 3.33? aps and good dd but very squishy, under 5k hp and we had no tank but he said he could so I trusted him. Then he asked me to bb for nob and pole -.- But, like I said, I side with the tank and sure enough he used his skills to get chi for triple sparks to purify so the usual IH/purify wasn't needed. What was needed was bb's dmg reduction since the aoe alone would almost kill him through bb. He did great, no problems because he knew what sort of healing he needed. Some cleric's argue "this is how I do it" sooooo much.

2 sin squad's where the one not tanking doesn't rib.

DD's that force you to seperate from the barb to heal them. I'm fine with healing DD's, but if the barb goes one way and you want me to heal you then stay near the barb. It sucks knowing the tank is taking damage but you got stuck healing a dd somewhere else.

There's a whole list of "things that **** me off" that are minor when you are sitting in bb and watching others play. Sins 1v1ing and never aoeing in zhen situations. Seeker's without stances in the same situation. You can see people afk as you watch the squad since you're just sitting in bubble while others are distracted by dding/tanking and notice all the things people do wrong/lazy but those are individual and not worth mentioning.

I bet you hate clerics who dont level up their bb as well eh?
  • arensmist
    arensmist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have learnd so much, gosh all the deaths that where not my fault. What gets me upset the most is people complaining about how much xp they lost, after 4 wipes on same boss, wile i go town and have to fly back, try to sneek past the mobs they missed. wile they wait for me to come res them. i dont like having to ask the mystic for a res buff, especialy after they demand cleric buff's they where getting any way.

Any way thank you for all the good information. my lvl 75 cleric realy thanks you b:cute.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    My current pet hate is people who shout out for a cleric to do FB## - you join their squad, then they say they are already in hall of deception - expect you to fight your own way in, complain when it takes you ages, decide to attack boss before you get there, die, blame you . . . etc

Healing cleric = squishy
    Healing cleric + DD = godly
    Healing cleric without DD = slow
    DD without healing cleric = dead.

Is that difficult to understand?
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    im only a lvl 70 cleric but encountering enough problems: ppl not waiting for buffs, not even asking if i have enough chi to bb, i cant even do that 89 skill for chi, no chi pots, barbs not roaring to get aggro when i get heal aggro, even if i stand next to them, they dont roar....
    also outside instances i get asked for res, fly from arch to...for example: that place near lunar, and then they say, i got a res ty, even tho its only a lvl 7 res and mine is 10, they prefer getting up faster to less exp loss...
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
    edited September 2012
    im only a lvl 70 cleric but encountering enough problems: ppl not waiting for buffs, not even asking if i have enough chi to bb, i cant even do that 89 skill for chi, no chi pots, barbs not roaring to get aggro when i get heal aggro, even if i stand next to them, they dont roar....
    also outside instances i get asked for res, fly from arch to...for example: that place near lunar, and then they say, i got a res ty, even tho its only a lvl 7 res and mine is 10, they prefer getting up faster to less exp loss...

All i can say for chi, is if you know you will not have chi, type in squad chat ''no chi for BB wait''

For barb that don't roar, i personally will not heal a barb that don't roar at many mobs, i would not die for him, so i would let him die and ress and say ''next time if you want heal roar''. Sometime it's the cleric fault too they don't wait the barb to raor and they heal and get everything on them.

I personally don't go ress people, when i die i need to go down, so it's not the end of the world if other class do it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    CHB spamming R9s. ...

A smuch as I like her as a person, as a cleric she's just... b:surrenderb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mistury - Dreamweaver
    Mistury - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would have to say...when my squad splits up b:surrender
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    The ones that don't IH before going to pull a high-hitting boss and your charm ticks as barb because of that.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited September 2012
    The ones that don't IH before going to pull a high-hitting boss and your charm ticks as barb because of that.

Many clerics unfortunately wait after the charm tick to heal. A good cleric will keep you alive, a pro cleric will save your charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Oh, I agree. I myself am a habitual IH spammer and its funny how often I'll be stacking the barb before a pull...still stacking and he's not moving... still nothing... mp pot, still stacking...

Then he says "Ok, I'm back. Ready?"

But I know how my barb likes to have an IH to start a pull so I do it for others on my cleric.

Many clerics unfortunately wait after the charm tick to heal. A good cleric will keep you alive, a pro cleric will save your charm.

Stream of Rejuvinationers. I hate that skill.
    "But you needed a big heal!" No, I needed a small heal 15 seconds ago. You waited till I had almost no hp then started channel SoR.

Also, SoRs stack sucks. Yes, SoR heals more but IH has a better stack. Put one IH on me and I'm good for 15 seconds.

When on my alts I face the camera so I can see the cleric and all the time I'm 75% dead and I'll watch them start channeling that slow skill. By the time it casts I've used an hp pots, ToP, and maybe an apo. If I say something they say "you didn't die, did you?" No, because I healed myself tyvm.

Anyways, you mentioned charm ticks and SoR is one of those skills clerics tend to try to use because you are 49% dead and by the time it casts your charm has ticked and THEN here comes the giant heal while you have full hp, when a simple WS or IH would have worked.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited September 2012
    Oh i don't care which heal they use, they could use Blessing of the Purehearted if they want, i just hate when they wait the charm to tick to heal (for nothing since charm put me back full hp), than they continue do DD till my charm tick again than they shoot a heal. Charm give a fake impression to cleric they are good, they think they did a good job while all boss i tank living on my charm since the heals was comming after my charm tick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When someone tells me how to be a cleric when i just enter a squad. I been a cleric for almost 3 years i don't need someone to tell me how to be a cleric. When squishy fish die 3k-4k hp and blame me for not healing yet they were 1-2shotted
  • Xx_Deir_xx - Lost City
    Xx_Deir_xx - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    * People who refuse to go into BB range when I inform them that they're out. I won't be moving BB for one person just because they won't listen or pay attention. Most of them then ask me what level my BB is after they get owned.

Yeah, thats true lol even lvl 100++ asked that stupid question about BB's lvl :D now i just saying I got full demon with demon BB to! What can i say? Geting stupid questions? Than stupid answer back b:laugh
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    I got few argues with one cleric in faction one day.

She stated that BB sux because BB does not heal as much as IH.
    1. BB > CHB
    2. BB is AoE and useful in pulls and AoE bosses rather than IH
    3. 50% Damage reduction makes it worth
    4. Doesn't eat mana as much as constant IH stack -> good for charmed clerics etc

Of course single non-aoe targets go lot smoother with IH.

And then... she QQed how SoR is MUCH BETTER HEAL than IH stacks.. Oh, seriously? She told me that she stacks SoR and IH together. eh. I don't want to imagine the mana ****.

Note that this cleric is a newbie, has read forums and ecatomb and now acts like she has been here years. She tells me I do my heal work wrong with my 8x cleric while she has hers on 50s first time in her life... Ugh.

Also she doesn't use wellspring at all on magic classes.

edited September 2012
    When someone tells me how to be a cleric when i just enter a squad. I been a cleric for almost 3 years i don't need someone to tell me how to be a cleric. When squishy fish die 3k-4k hp and blame me for not healing yet they were 1-2shotted

I got that often when i play my cleric and the sin run far in front and get 1 shot to a mob and blame me. It's not our fault if they are weak and we are cleric not magician we can't do nothing for 1 shot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I got that often when i play my cleric and the sin run far in front and get 1 shot to a mob and blame me. It's not our fault if they are weak and we are cleric not magician we can't do nothing for 1 shot.

Personally, I expect this from alot of sins so I take steps to prevent it. Give a sin an occasional IH when healing the tank, just in case aggro switches. IH the sin before he gets to mobs (stack before they start fighting, basically), since you know he'll probably only aggro 1 but at least then he's healed for 15 seconds. And hover your finger over WoP. If you are sage, use your buffs when they aren't aggroing everying to at least give some protection.

Too often I see cleric's "the barb is the tank, I heal him" and refuse to watch what else is going on in the squad. That only works if the barb is competent. So often I'll have a bad barb that pulls single mobs, or doesn't flesh ream and I'll take over pulling or decide I'll tank. I warn the cleric, but alot of cleric's don't switch modes. I just had one where I was on my archer at pole and the barb wasn't FRing so I got aggro once, stopped attacking, then I was attacking 5 out of 15 seconds with my blessing off to avoid aggro. I have almost 7k hp on my archer and decent gear so I decided I'd tank pole, warned the cleric, pulled pole, and the barb caught with FR. The cleric starts spamming him, I say "heals pls" and triple spark, grab aggro, and start tanking while the cleric continued to heal the barb. I get debuffed, triple spark purify, continue tanking and now the cleric switches to IHing me. I have 2 IHs and get debuffed again, and I watched the damage I take switch from 1.2k to 3.5k, 3.5k, 3.5k, 3.5k,... no purify after 10 seconds. I die, then I'm yelled at for not letting the barb tank despite the cleric not purifying and the barb not devouring or FRing.

Too often people don't try to be versatile and just try the old tank+healer+DD way even when its easier and faster depending on your squad makeup. Cleric's are kind of the worst at this and the first to blame others.

Although, it does remind me of a BH69 I healed on my cleric a while ago. Got to the boss and my tank (think he had like 16k hp, so very decent) asked if I had Purify... I had to respond "what's Purify? What's a heal stack? I was going to BotP you. Are we at the boss? I've never been here before." He laughed and I showed him not only could I purify but I knew their timing and was channeling before the attack even hit, so it was an instant purify.

Oh! Big thing that annoys me is cleric's who don't take friendly advice no matter how politely you offer it. "Don't use Morai weapon for healing. BotP sucks, use IH please. Don't bb here, please, I'll need a purify. Pls place the bubble here (but I always put it here, derrr!)." And. they. flip. You want to do it your way, fine, but please tell me why. We're a squad and we're supposed to work together and help each other out, thats all I was trying to do.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited September 2012
    Personally, I expect this from alot of sins so I take steps to prevent it. Give a sin an occasional IH when healing the tank, just in case aggro switches. IH the sin before he gets to mobs (stack before they start fighting, basically), since you know he'll probably only aggro 1 but at least then he's healed for 15 seconds. And hover your finger over WoP. If you are sage, use your buffs when they aren't aggroing everying to at least give some protection.

If the sin have 4k hp and get hit for 4.5k hp even 20 IH will not save him, he get one shot.

Too often I see cleric's "the barb is the tank, I heal him" and refuse to watch what else is going on in the squad. That only works if the barb is competent. So often I'll have a bad barb that pulls single mobs, or doesn't flesh ream and I'll take over pulling or decide I'll tank. I warn the cleric, but alot of cleric's don't switch modes. I just had one where I was on my archer at pole and the barb wasn't FRing so I got aggro once, stopped attacking, then I was attacking 5 out of 15 seconds with my blessing off to avoid aggro. I have almost 7k hp on my archer and decent gear so I decided I'd tank pole, warned the cleric, pulled pole, and the barb caught with FR. The cleric starts spamming him, I say "heals pls" and triple spark, grab aggro, and start tanking while the cleric continued to heal the barb. I get debuffed, triple spark purify, continue tanking and now the cleric switches to IHing me. I have 2 IHs and get debuffed again, and I watched the damage I take switch from 1.2k to 3.5k, 3.5k, 3.5k, 3.5k,... no purify after 10 seconds. I die, then I'm yelled at for not letting the barb tank despite the cleric not purifying and the barb not devouring or FRing.

The cleric was just not skilled. when i'm in a boss i don't just heal the ''tank'' i IH everyone that i know could take aggro. Example: if there's a barb tanking and a sin & a bm in squad, i'll heal the barb, but i'll also trow IH on the sin & bm in case they take aggro, a barb doesn't need to be IH non-stop to survive.

Too often people don't try to be versatile and just try the old tank+healer+DD way even when its easier and faster depending on your squad makeup. Cleric's are kind of the worst at this and the first to blame others.

Yes you are right, majority of cleric are bad and yes a lot of people don't realize that now other class than barb can tank.

Although, it does remind me of a BH69 I healed on my cleric a while ago. Got to the boss and my tank (think he had like 16k hp, so very decent) asked if I had Purify... I had to respond "what's Purify? What's a heal stack? I was going to BotP you. Are we at the boss? I've never been here before." He laughed and I showed him not only could I purify but I knew their timing and was channeling before the attack even hit, so it was an instant purify.

BH69 is one of the best instance to learn how play cleric, but unfortunately with the power lvl less and less do BH and get 100 without the experience. In a caster this week we had a squad with one cleric and the cleric spend the whole run in VD dding while people was dying. thx to my charm i didn't die, but i spend a lot of crab in that run and my charm ticked a lot.

Oh! Big thing that annoys me is cleric's who don't take friendly advice no matter how politely you offer it. "Don't use Morai weapon for healing. BotP sucks, use IH please. Don't bb here, please, I'll need a purify. Pls place the bubble here (but I always put it here, derrr!)." And. they. flip. You want to do it your way, fine, but please tell me why. We're a squad and we're supposed to work together and help each other out, thats all I was trying to do.

More and more people refuse to listen advice or do what we ask even if it's nicely asked. I have 2 clerics i lvled old school lvl 101 and 102, so i know where BB is needed or not and when i'm on a alt and i ask nicely ''could you BB pls'' and the cleric answer ''no need'' and all the squad die including the cleric that make me want to punch them in the face. I don't know everything about every class, but for the cleric when i ask something i know why i do and why i need it.]

Answers in red i was to lazy to quote each paragraph. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]