Clerics. What pisses you guys off or annoys you when your in a squad?

Comments

• trysta1
    trysta1 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Any pet peeves or something someone can say that really gets you going?

1. when you're in a squad that won't wait up for you then wonders why they die after they run wayyyy out of range.
    2. when you're in a big enough squad and NO ONE watches and protects the cleric.... and I'M supposed to WANT to keep YOU alive?
    3. when everyone takes off willy nilly without waiting for buffs.
    4. when they don't verify you are sparked before hitting the boss.... hope you weren't wanting that bb anytime soon...
  • Wickedbrew - Raging Tide
    Wickedbrew - Raging Tide Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When I am on my cleric, I listen to people that offer good advice. I also don't try to be a DD when I am in a squad. That's what the tank and secondary DDers are for. I heal, I purify, spam IH the tank before he/she attacks, group heal, and I don't watch for mobs, or the boss's health. I am staring at the squad bar diligently watching for those that take aggro, get a debuff cast on them, or when all are hit by a boss aoe. I dont type in squad chat unless we are idle, or if i have BB up.

Only thing I expect is for people to watch out for me in case a walker comes up that I don't see. If i am on any other character, I watch the cleric, as well as the mob, or boss we are killing. If the cleric gets attacked, I will do whatever I can to pick up the aggro, and defend the cleric, especially if I am playing as a secondary DD. I dont like clerics to die especially if there are no mystic bubbles circling us. Tooo many times because people didn't pay attention to the cleric, I have had the long run back at my xp expense, so I can revive everyone.
    WeBeKinky Leader - lvl 10x psychic

If you don't like my attitude, you should realize I don't care.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's strange what desire will make foolish people do.
  • noyesno11
    noyesno11 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yah, there are a lot of people who need to learn how IH, BB and chromatic heal work and the channeling time.
    I was told not to BB in a nirvy instance, which brought on the complaints of a sin that thought he was more important then everyone else, because he thought he was the most special. You know they are a noob when they say, " ...but I got more HP then that sin, so u should heal me first!", but the other sin although he had less HP was able to take 4 hits and I had a better chance off him staying alive. This sin lost 3/4 of his life with a boss AOE , 20 IH's wasn't going to save this guys @ss. If you can't survive 2 AOE/direct hits from the boss and I have been instructed to not use BB and I have 5 ppl to heal with IH or decide to use chromatic heal, remember it may take 4-8 seconds to get an IH and it takes 4.5 seconds to chromatic plus lag, then you get hit in that time, you are gonna die. If you find yourself constantly pulling aggro from the tank and dieing, then stop being a fvcking noob and take of your fvcking Jones blessing idiot, your better off doing a little less damage then dead. If that doesn't fix it then kick the tank. Some people build there toons to have to much DPS/APS nowadays and then complain they die to easy, well that is your own stupid fault fool, how about balancing your character out and stop listening to what all the other fools tell you to do.

I don't know about other clerics but I am sick of people thinking it is the sole responsibility of the cleric to keep them alive, when so many people do the most stupid things. I have to many squads running in different directions and it is impossible to keep all alive in that scenario. Most people in this game have gone stupid and need to learn how to properly play the game all over again. Just because you can partial tank nirvy bosses for a while, don't think all TT boss are gonna take your ***** and not one shot you. I laughed when one player thought, because he could tank nirvy bosses, he could solo TT with a cleric.

As mentioned before, if you been playing this game for 1.5 years or less and powered leveled your way to 100, it might be time to join an experienced guild and start listening to people who used to play this game the hard way. No wonder I can TW on my cleric and take on 4 people, with better gear then me and still kill 2 before I die by myself, I learnt the hard way what defense is and that it is better that then hi DPS/APS and dieing a lot.
  • kammyboy
    kammyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    * People yelling res non-stop. That was really damn annoying. This is not in squad though.

I once turned off my chat window. I was in area with many dangerous mobs (all that time was busy).

And what was my wander when I turned on my chat window and saw many, many phrases like:
    " Res me."
    "Are you deaf ? "
    "You just was near me, is it hard to res ?"
    Must admit, that I resurrected another Cleric 2 times during same period of time just because saw her death. But those was other non-Cleric character may be (I not saw even what class she/he had).

After this event my autoreply always on:
    "My chat window turned off. Ty for you question."

* Melee players which try to kill guards at bh59.
    I not know why they do it. I can do it with other ranged classes without their help or death (these guards not respond to ranged attacks).

Yeah i really hate that lol especially the gaurd thing i had a sin quit squad because i wouldnt heal her while she attacked guardians when i told not to melee b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    kammyboy wrote: »
    Yeah i really hate that lol especially the gaurd thing i had a sin quit squad because i wouldnt heal her while she attacked guardians when i told not to melee b:chuckle

Sure, it's stupid of her but not healing and letting them die on a thing that won't hit you for it is... urgh. Doesn't surprise me she quit squad, I probably would have done the same.

Hm pet peeves I can think of quickly:

< People taking agro when they're going to get twoshot. I can't count the amount of times this happens, really ...

< Other healers seeing the tanks hp go down a lot despite BB and not helping. For example AEU final boss...

< People with **** gear. I do not want sins with TT80 daggers and 60s rank top in my BH100. Or casters with less than around 5k hp. Simply because you're going to be dead more than helpful to the squad. =_=
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lol, so many of these look more like the cleric's fault rather than the person they're complaining about.

People complaining about their squad not waiting for buffs: It takes 1/3 of your mp to buff a squad with hour longs and you recover that back in about 20 seconds, or about 1/10th of your mp to do 30 minute buffs. Man up, buff the individual player, and overwrite with hour longs when you get a chance. What they want to do is start playing the game rather than sit around and if you buff them so they can start clearing they'll probably save you a few minutes.

Not healing melee players because you'd rather they glitch mobs? They don't want to sit around so they're trying to kill faster. Quit being so 'my way or gtfo' and understand you're part of a squad.

Can't keep up with a squad? I kind of get this one, but I can tell you all my cleric's burn genie energy at about the same rate but for my cleric 95% of my genie use is Holy Path.

Lack of chi for bb? Your squad is going on without you because they thought you could handle your own and were smart enough to have cloud eruption on your genie. BB goes up, use cloud eruption. Also, any downtime you have should be used making sure you have almost 4 sparks. It isn't your squads fault you don't have chi, its your own. Get cloud eruption on your genies, basic clericing 101.

Just shows that people would rather complain than react and adapt.

Newest complaint for me is the mystics that won't listen "I'll debuff, please don't use Befuddling Creeper" because its only a 20% debuff. So you cast your seals, do a 40% debuff and debuff yourself in the process... then they still cast BC and underbuff you.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Newest complaint for me is the mystics that won't listen "I'll debuff, please don't use spidervine" because its only a 20% debuff. So you cast your seals, do a 40% debuff and debuff yourself in the process... then they still cast spidervine and underbuff you.

You mean befuddling creeper :x Spidervine is what you actually should use unless the barb is frightening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Lol, so many of these look more like the cleric's fault rather than the person they're complaining about.

People complaining about their squad not waiting for buffs: It takes 1/3 of your mp to buff a squad with hour longs and you recover that back in about 20 seconds, or about 1/10th of your mp to do 30 minute buffs. Man up, buff the individual player, and overwrite with hour longs when you get a chance. What they want to do is start playing the game rather than sit around and if you buff them so they can start clearing they'll probably save you a few minutes.

Not healing melee players because you'd rather they glitch mobs? They don't want to sit around so they're trying to kill faster. Quit being so 'my way or gtfo' and understand you're part of a squad.

A lot of times though the squad will be all gathered up, and you'll be in the middle of casting the buff. And then they decide to run away from the buffs because they were paying zero attention to the squad or it's chat. And this is after you and them were just standing around and they were doing NOTHING. Then you tell them they missed it and try to individual buff them, and they still KEEP running away from you. Now I stop caring if they run away from both squad and individual buffs, then obviously they are communicating to me they do not need them for the mobs up ahead. And I will not buff them until they slow down and allow me to do so.
    Can't keep up with a squad? I kind of get this one, but I can tell you all my cleric's burn genie energy at about the same rate but for my cleric 95% of my genie use is Holy Path.

Mine too, and I even use charger orbs from time to time, albeit rarely. The problem is that other classes do the same thing and have speed skills in addition to holy path. I can't count the number of times I've seen a melee go all out in run speed with holy path and speed skills, and then complain when I'm a little bit behind them. If I remember correctly, you mentioned in a thread once about gear that your gear has speed adds. Realize that plays a significant factor in your ability to keep up with the rest of the squad. 99% of clerics have holy path on their genie, and I've personally can count on one hand the number of times I've been in a squad where the cleric didn't have it. So I wouldn't just assume that the clerics aren't using it.
    Lack of chi for bb? Your squad is going on without you because they thought you could handle your own and were smart enough to have cloud eruption on your genie. BB goes up, use cloud eruption. Also, any downtime you have should be used making sure you have almost 4 sparks. It isn't your squads fault you don't have chi, its your own. Get cloud eruption on your genies, basic clericing 101.

Just shows that people would rather complain than react and adapt.

I do have cloud eruption on my genie. And I usually do have the sparks required to put up bb. But when I say I don't, it's likely because i've drained my genie using holy path. Such as the case in pulls. Or perhaps a particular boss required a lot of purifying thanks to aggro pong. Is it that hard to wait a couple of seconds for the cleric to get chi for BB? If the cleric doesn't have it, they don't have it. Just assuming it's gonna be fine and rushing ahead anyway, is what is fail. Not everyone is going to make their genie solely for squad benefit either. Maybe they solo more often that not, maybe they pvp or TW. Maybe they are in a lowbie instance and their genie simply isn't built for it yet because they lack the spirit to level the genie. There are any number of reasons why they might not have CE ready yet and don't have chi. If the cleric has no chi, you aren't getting BB. If you know they have no chi, and rush out anyway. It's your fault for expecting them to pull BB out of their butt when the squad wipes. And honestly the issue does come up pretty rarely, but it does happen. Even to the best cleric. Learning to adapt to a squad is basic teamplay 101.

Newest complaint for me is the mystics that won't listen "I'll debuff, please don't use spidervine" because its only a 20% debuff. So you cast your seals, do a 40% debuff and debuff yourself in the process... then they still cast spidervine and underbuff you.

They should be using spidervine. What they shouldn't be using is befuddling creeper. If you're telling them not to use spidervine, they are likely listening to you and using befuddling instead. Which is causing your debuff to be overwritten.
    kammyboy wrote: »

I'd of quit too. That sin out dds the **** out of you and the guard dies much faster if the cleric just heals them while they take it down. If you refused to heal me then and there I would've been tempted to drop squad too. I probably would't have though because I honestly don't drop squad often, for any reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Learning to adapt to a squad is basic teamplay 101.

This is it. A cleric can say "I don't have chi, please wait" but they rarely do until after the boss is underway and people are asking "bb?" Or "If you want heals, you'll need to wait for me." Or "Buffs."

Remember there is a gamelag so you typically see what people are doing seconds after they do it. If a cleric starts buffing and they're running off it may seem close to the cleric but they probably left 2 seconds earlier and the cleric is off their screen. Its only from the cleric's view that it looks like they were closer.

You always take the posts Ad Hoc like they're a personal assault. Or you're defending the worst of us, like the cleric who wouldn't heal a melee char because the mob could be ranged. There are excuses for some of these, but we're also expected to anticipate troubles. If we didn't anticipate, we don't excuse ourselves. We apologize and communicate our needs. Like you said, Teamplay 101.

Cloud eruption can be learned with a level 55 genie, so maybe a level 60 cleric doesn't have CE but beyond that they should invest. Holy path should work most the time unless squad has a huge lead or is spreading in different directions. I also find my cleric genie needs less str/dex and can be more a magic build to help HP more than other classes to make up for lack of run speed. If they have a pvp genie on they should make a pve genie, imo. And chi management is something good cleric's learn and bad clerics don't, so its hard to find an excuse for that other than bad clericing. Sometimes there is an excuse, for instance I was in a metal and just had the luck of having the aoe (not a direct seal) cancel my bb 3 times in a row and I only had 3.5 sparks to start. I couldn't get a 4th bb up right away. I still apologized.

They should be using spidervine. What they shouldn't be using is befuddling creeper. If you're telling them not to use spidervine, they are likely listening to you and using befuddling instead. Which is causing your debuff to be overwritten.

Yah, I thought it was Befuddling Creeper but thought I'd look it up in ecatomb to make sure and ended up glancing at the wrong one's name. Its easier to remember it when its in game and the mystic is casting it. I'll edit my post. Thanks.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Remember there is a gamelag so you typically see what people are doing seconds after they do it. If a cleric starts buffing and they're running off it may seem close to the cleric but they probably left 2 seconds earlier and the cleric is off their screen. Its only from the cleric's view that it looks like they were closer.

Nah some people just run away while been buff.

Cloud eruption can be learned with a level 55 genie, so maybe a level 60 cleric doesn't have CE but beyond that they should invest. Holy path should work most the time unless squad has a huge lead or is spreading in different directions. I also find my cleric genie needs less str/dex and can be more a magic build to help HP more than other classes to make up for lack of run speed. If they have a pvp genie on they should make a pve genie, imo. And chi management is something good cleric's learn and bad clerics don't, so its hard to find an excuse for that other than bad clericing. Sometimes there is an excuse, for instance I was in a metal and just had the luck of having the aoe (not a direct seal) cancel my bb 3 times in a row and I only had 3.5 sparks to start. I couldn't get a 4th bb up right away. I still apologized.

Some clerics have bad habits, how often i see a cleric drop BB, plume shell himself, debuff boss and purify himself, it's already 50 chi waste for nothing and they cry ''No chi for BB'', if the cleric have decent gears they don't need to use plume shell in PVE, i don't use plume shell in PVE and don't always purify myself after debuffs (PVE) and don't have problem to stay alive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited September 2012
    This is it. A cleric can say "I don't have chi, please wait" but they rarely do until after the boss is underway and people are asking "bb?" Or "If you want heals, you'll need to wait for me." Or "Buffs."

While I agree that some of it can come down to lag, often times it's simply the person not paying attention. Usually people announce when they are going to buff before they do it. And having to chase the person down afterwards while they keep running away from individual buffs down the hall can't be contributed to lag. As in those couple of seconds they should have seen the rest of the buffs casting in the cleric chasing them. The people who run back and need like one individual buff because they missed it due to game lag is a different story.
    You always take the posts Ad Hoc like they're a personal assault. Or you're defending the worst of us, like the cleric who wouldn't heal a melee char because the mob could be ranged. There are excuses for some of these, but we're also expected to anticipate troubles. If we didn't anticipate, we don't excuse ourselves. We apologize and communicate our needs. Like you said, Teamplay 101.

I definitely didn't defend that nonsense about not healing at the guards. I'm just a firm believer in putting myself in my squad mates' shoes and adapting my game play accordingly. It perhaps comes from the fact that because my ability to play in-game is incredibly sporadic, it makes it hard to form a permasquad for things. I'll get one and then can no longer play with them because of IRL stuff. As a result 99.99% of the time, I'm in random squads. And a lot of these so-called fail players, if you get to talking to them, actually have at least sound reasoning behind why they thought something worked a way they didn't. I've become good at adapting to and keeping alive squads with all kinds of playstyles and gear. From the very good, to the very bad, and everyone in between. So learning about all these different styles and getting to know the people behind them, gives me a bit of insight on why somethings happen that can be frustrating to people who mostly run with friends. We're all just stating our opinions and what we've learned over time on these forums.

I personally didn't have enough spirit to have two genies leveled properly and well until after I had maxed out all my skills. There were just more important things to me. So I can see why someone would prioritize the one genie until they had other things straightened out first. In fact, my genie was pretty bad for a long time, but at least I had CE and HP. As you said things happen, none of us are going to be 100% perfect. If a cleric says they don't have chi yet, I don't think they are dumb or fail because they can't produce the chi instantaneously. Tanks should wait for them. As long as the cleric is voicing this concern I see it as a tank problem and not a cleric problem.
    Some clerics have bad habits, how often i see a cleric drop BB, plume shell himself, debuff boss and purify himself, it's already 50 chi waste for nothing and they cry ''No chi for BB'', if the cleric have decent gears they don't need to use plume shell in PVE, i don't use plume shell in PVE and don't always purify myself after debuffs (PVE) and don't have problem to stay alive.

o.O I've never seen anything quite that fail on DW as far as clerics going. That's....that's pretty bad. LOL. As for plume shell I think it depends on the gear. I use it when I'm being attacked by something because the tank/dd failed to aggro or I winded up accidentally healing too early for whatever reason. I also tend to purify myself if debuffed at a boss that phys aoes, although throwing a couple of IHs on the tank gets the chi right back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just adding up here that yes, people AREN'T paying attention in squad chat.

I hear many times these sentences:
    " sorry i followed fac chat "
    " sorry i didnt read "

they even ignore some PMs..
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    People who can't survive aoe in Caster without BB....
    Use AD, apo or something b:surrender or else don't come into caster. One cleric can't keep BB up forever even with apo and cloud eruption.

Most of all I dislike psys who die on the 4th boss because phys debuff and aoe, you have the skill that reflect damage and you don't take any damage yourself....time it well and use it correctly, you won't die than.

ALSO, I despise people who demand BB constantly. They do know there's a cool down on it, right? b:sad If i just set it up and than it drops, well all i can do is group heal and IH the tank even if I do have 2 sparks ._.
  • Vecilia - Raging Tide
    Vecilia - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    when melee fighters complain for magic attack buff
    to meleers everywhere: you might do magic damage sometimes, but its based off your physical attack not your magic attack

people who take aggro from the tank and say "they cant help it" or "its not my fault"
  • soriaesp
    soriaesp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    What ticks me off? How in the field with my squad or soloing, and a random stranger comes up and says "Buff Me!" No please, no thank you, no nothing! Guess what that will be 100K per buff from now on!
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When people say "put bb up" before mobs pull in big room and then freak out cause I still didn't bb when they alredy started pulling. I mean it's not like it heals anyone then, just taking my mana. I usually set bb when puller is at last mob group or a bit sooner if we have seeker.

People who get 1 hit at pole/nob with debuff and blaming me for not purify right away. Counting time to react on debuff, computer's delay and cast/channel I can't puri before it hits once with debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The only thing I can think of is when someone asks for buffs, I buff them, and then they ask for squad buffs, even if they're not with anyone. I then tell them that my buffs are lvl 11 and will last one hour anyway. Then they invite me YET AGAIN for squad buffs, as if I had to use them.

Usually happens with sins going to solo something.
  • Jamnik - Sanctuary
    Jamnik - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Narrin I had same situation at pole/nob..

When someone is pulling 6 physical mobs at time and hitting only 1...
    Ok I know I could trow on myself shield or use AD/apos and heal the nab, but why?
    I was doing that back in bh59 but I'm too tired now and yes it annoys me.

When sins/psys/wizzys/archers spam attack/spark right away nob/pole.. And then huge QQ starting. "Why cleric not healing me?!" - says wizz.. "Let the barb get some aggro?" -me.
    Or when we've got seeker/bm tanking. But who cares, casters and archers going into spark and ofc stealing aggro ._.

We re a team.. let's TRY work like a team please..
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When someone randomly tells me I should BB on a rock at Bishop boss instead of doing it the normal IH + Chroma way.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not easily annoyed, maybe I'm lucky enough to always find good squads. A problem sometimes could be the language barrier and when people act on their own.

I feel weird if the tank uses HP pots, it kinda gives me the feeling I'm unreliable even though I usually tend to overheal. But it may not be because they don't trust me, maybe they stumbled upon some fail clerics and decided to do this just in case.

Sometimes when everyone is inside the cave I start buffing squad and someone rushes ahead without buffs. b:surrender There are more but I can't remember right now.
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not easily annoyed, maybe I'm lucky enough to always find good squads. A problem sometimes could be the language barrier and when people act on their own.

I feel weird if the tank uses HP pots, it kinda gives me the feeling I'm unreliable even though I usually tend to overheal. But it may not be because they don't trust me, maybe they stumbled upon some fail clerics and decided to do this just in case.

Sometimes when everyone is inside the cave I start buffing squad and someone rushes ahead without buffs. b:surrender There are more but I can't remember right now.

having recently leveled my barb up to 99, i can easily tell you ive met more clerics that just plain suck at healing that its become habit to use crabs very often while tanking. dont take it badly, id guess alot of barbs have had the same luck as me in getting those terrible "healers" or in some cases its a couple barbs that just have crappy defences.
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • _vaiya_ - Lost City
    _vaiya_ - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When someone randomly tells me I should BB on a rock at Bishop boss instead of doing it the normal IH + Chroma way.

LOL! i've never heard of that before, i hope ppl aren't actually trying to do that. i think bb would get interrupted either way cos the range is only 15m and im sure bishop aoe range is further than that.

it really annoys me when ppl who see more than one cleric in a squad and leave. just because there's more than one cleric doesn't mean the squad is automatically fail sigh.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    LOL! i've never heard of that before, i hope ppl aren't actually trying to do that. i think bb would get interrupted either way cos the range is only 15m and im sure bishop aoe range is further than that.

it really annoys me when ppl who see more than one cleric in a squad and leave. just because there's more than one cleric doesn't mean the squad is automatically fail sigh.

On the flipside, how many cleric's join a squad with a second cleric then call "I get to DD cleric, you heal" and immediately violet dance.

Even with two cleric's I'm likely to heal or over heal rather than under heal. Doesn't mean they can just decide to not heal at all.
    edited September 2012
    On the flipside, how many cleric's join a squad with a second cleric then call "I get to DD cleric, you heal" and immediately violet dance.

Even with two cleric's I'm likely to heal or over heal rather than under heal. Doesn't mean they can just decide to not heal at all.

That's really situational. If the other cleric is good and was going to solo heal the instance anyway, and nobodies charm is tick. The other cleric would be better focusing on support. Like keeping the boss constantly debuffed, sealing mobs away from casters who have aggro, if they are demon/sage using their single buffs to give people the bonuses, etc. I mean if your health is 100% and you have a IH stack, there isn't any reason for the cleric to overheal your already full health.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    That's really situational. If the other cleric is good and was going to solo heal the instance anyway, and nobodies charm is tick. The other cleric would be better focusing on support. Like keeping the boss constantly debuffed, sealing mobs away from casters who have aggro, if they are demon/sage using their single buffs to give people the bonuses, etc. I mean if your health is 100% and you have a IH stack, there isn't any reason for the cleric to overheal your already full health.

I'm not talking about the good cleric's who support heal or use debuffs or cleric control skills. I'm talking about the bad cleric's who decide 2 cleric's means they are now a metal mage, **** everyone else's hp, **** being relied on, and **** doing anything "clericy".

I've had cleric's call dd and then ask me to heal them... And this was before MMM
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm not talking about the good cleric's who support heal or use debuffs or cleric control skills. I'm talking about the bad cleric's who decide 2 cleric's means they are now a metal mage, **** everyone else's hp, **** being relied on, and **** doing anything "clericy".

I've had cleric's call dd and then ask me to heal them... And this was before MMM

Well usually on stuff like BH, one cleric can do the job alone, if people get a other one it's cause they don't get other pm and in a BH i even prefer when they clear that at start which one DD or heal, cause in a BH a cleric should not need support unless he suck.

But some TT boss where people take 2 clerics, it's not one for heal and one for DD, it's to get one support the other, same with caster, people don't take 2 clerics one for heal and one for DD, i hate when one say ''i DD'' and tell the other ''You heal'' and when the BB drop the other cleric stay in VD and continue DD, it's like ''hello dude i took you for support, not as main DD, if i wanted a main DD i would have take a wizz, psy or mystic not a second cleric.

Same when i'm on my mystic we have 2 clerics and they tell me ''You heal we DD'', dude we would not take 2 clerics if i was going to solo heal. I don't mind to support heal when there's only one cleric in squad, but when there's 2 clerics i should not need to heal, my heals cost spark that i could use to spark and DD, cleric heal cost 0 chi. (for the boss where BB is not needed)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited September 2012

For most things i'd rather the cleric support the squad by doing the aforementioned and metal maging. If there are no charms ticking there is really no reason at all to me for the cleric to be healing me. I'd rather take less damage in the first place because of the extra DD. Again, not in instances where you need to have two clerics. But ones in which the cleric is just coming along as a +1. Because that +1 could have literally been anyone, and nobody yells at mystics for doing it. Clerics are more than just heals, it's just very, very rare that a cleric has the opportunity to do so. I can't blame them for wanting to take advantage of it. Now, ofc if there is a second cleric in squad and my charm keeps ticking because the other cleric isn't keeping an eye on things and the other one is busy, I'd be mad. But that is very rarely the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Vecilia - Raging Tide
    Vecilia - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2012

having recently leveled my barb up to 99, i can easily tell you ive met more clerics that just plain suck at healing that its become habit to use crabs very often while tanking. dont take it badly, id guess alot of barbs have had the same luck as me in getting those terrible "healers" or in some cases its a couple barbs that just have crappy defences.

im sure this does happen because obviously there are bad clerics, but i guarantee atleast half of that is also bad barbs. up in the 90s i dont see it much but there were many times when people have no clue how to control aggros or anything and i just let them die.. they blame me etc i tell them their mistakes take it or leave it

sometimes you need to put yourself before everyone else
    edited October 2012
    im sure this does happen because obviously there are bad clerics, but i guarantee atleast half of that is also bad barbs. up in the 90s i dont see it much but there were many times when people have no clue how to control aggros or anything and i just let them die.. they blame me etc i tell them their mistakes take it or leave it

sometimes you need to put yourself before everyone else

TRUTH! Like the ones that use fleshream on one freaking mob and then just attack it. Or uses roar on a group of mobs and then proceeds to attack them one by one. Roar eventually stops working for obvious reasons and guess what comes after me. Every other mob he wasn't attacking. Also that one is also the fault of the DDs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    hmm, i get sometimes annoyed when ppl make the same mistakes over when you just told them not to. I only say it once and if it doesn't change i just leave a squad :p no more argueing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo