Any news on the Anniversary coming up in September 2012 ?

killerhybrid
killerhybrid Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in General Discussion

like if new mounts or even a universal flying mount be awesome etc...

and all month x2 exp x2 spirit x2 drops?
Post edited by killerhybrid on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012

like if new mounts or even a universal flying mount be awesome etc...

and all month x2 exp x2 spirit x2 drops?

The anniversary is in October this year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • killerhybrid
    edited August 2012
    They said it suppose to be in Sept this year about 2 months ago
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It was implied to be on the first week of September. However, I speculate a small chance at some nice sale/early 2x event to happen next week, due to some random game coming out on computers that has been hyped up by many forum posters, not just this forum but other forums and even Youtube comments on various videos.

Run-ons ftw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It was implied to be on the first week of September. However, I speculate a small chance at some nice sale/early 2x event to happen next week, due to some random game coming out on computers that has been hyped up by many forum posters, not just this forum but other forums and even Youtube comments on various videos.

Run-ons ftw.

But Knownase I thought pay to win was epic, killing 10,000 Sand Basilisks was the way of the future. I want my power armor I want my sparkly armor that I have to spend 50,000 hours just to get. How can something be incredible PWI has everything? b:laugh
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hum, well let see, 1st year they gave a ride to people that registered in sept. 2nd year same ride, and pack sell, ( Yay ) 3rd year, same ride, and a 9 tails for the 3 year old player of sept 08 and a **** load of new pack....

What will PWI do this year... i,m thinking more of the same.

It's been a while since they havent sold pack wings and ride in boutique. i'll warm a finger and say that maybe we will see all the 3.3 flyer and last year pack ride appear in the boutique, on sale, just to kill any market like they used to do.

Oh and what about last year 1* orb sell, that was epic, like 80% off, How about 1 cent per 1* orb this year.

Obviously a new pack whit restricted fashion u can only win in the pack is gonna be on.

How about a pack of pack sell, for 50$ get 10 of each pack...

And later on around x-mas, pull the plug...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Thia_ - Dreamweaver
    _Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This year we'll get some more ugly fashion and the same stupid mounts because :

a) They lack imagination both ingame and events.

b) They dont give a sh** about the playerbase.

c) Having half the players leave may hurt their pockets a bit but not that much cause all cash shoppers stayed.

d) So c) will lead to a) and b) and the greed continues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hum, well let see, 1st year they gave a ride to people that registered in sept. 2nd year same ride, and pack sell, ( Yay ) 3rd year, same ride, and a 9 tails for the 3 year old player of sept 08 and a **** load of new pack....

You forgot the hideous fashion in years 2 and 3 b:spit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yes I did, I'm still seeing a psy about it ! Ty for ruining 2 years of positive work ! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What will PWI do this year... i,m thinking more of the same.

You nailed it.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All the previous prizes as usual.... probably with something like 50 hypers tacked on for this year. Because they seem to think that everyone loves hypers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • nixop
    nixop Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    frankie is makeing cake for anniversary

cake will be ultimate ingame weapon with dmg range 999999998 - 999999999

and it will only be obtainable trough boutique for 7534 US dollars

cant wait b:dirty
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not the I know of...Hopefully actually aerogear for me this year like I hoped last year before I knew it was a recolor of a 3 tail fox...

P.S. Down with bots that are spamming fourmsb:angry
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I joined in October 2008, so I have the wonderful position of seeing the prizes I'm not getting by virtue of one month's time. XD

That said, I guess I'm slated to get the purple fox this year. So I have a question for you all who have it already: is it account-stashable? I'd really like to give the fox to my barb and the fashion set to my sin. But a large part of me doesn't trust PWE not to stick me with the wrong items on the wrong characters, or something. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • killerhybrid
    edited August 2012
    yes it is acct stashable
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well this year they really want to make sure that no players get angry and leave to join that hyped game. They will probably give out charger orbs cause that is what the people running PWE think is the most popular item in game.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Am I the only one around here who heard 2WG OB SUCKED? D:

Auction house broken, poor optimization, almost all servers full already, connectivity issues, 3-day bans for petty offenses (like using ''bad words'' even though you can disable the chat filter in the options menu), not being able to play with friends because you get dumped in another ''Overflow Zone'' queue because the main zone is full, etc etc.

The game itself is okay, but their promise of ''We'll release it when it's done'' didn't quite hold up. I don't think PWI will lose that many players to it just yet b:chuckle

But at least they do give refunds...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All the previous prizes as usual.... probably with something like 50 hypers tacked on for this year. Because they seem to think that everyone loves hypers.

For some reason they want us all on level 100 asap. Hypers are handed out like candy, I still have 66 hours worth from that silly heroic chest promotion. FCC is untouched and selling the exp room not discouraged in any way. Low level quests have been shortened and exp thrown at you in buckets at 1-60. And most of their new content is in the 95+ range.

Can't imagine this years rewards being anything new. Maybe a few weeks of 2x, though nirvana is slowly losing popularity and no one runs TT in groups anymore so it won't really have much impact. And very likely more ugly fashion. If they do give an aerogear I could almost guarantee it would be the timer based one from the Questmaster.
  • JessyWolf - Archosaur
    JessyWolf - Archosaur Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So were is the anniversary page for this year ? I have't seen it anywhere e.e Can someone help me out here ? Will greatly appreciate it if someone could give me the link for the anniversary page. Thx b:embarrass b:thanks
    "Within Us all there lies a Wolf laying in wait until called upon" f:fan
    Its true f:shy ^_^
    "Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle" f:victory :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So were is the anniversary page for this year ? I have't seen it anywhere e.e Can someone help me out here ? Will greatly appreciate it if someone could give me the link for the anniversary page. Thx b:embarrass b:thanks

There isn't one yet.

Reason for that is simple: September 1st and 2nd landed on the weekend, when the GMs are not in office. Last year, September 1st was on Thursday, so they gave us the announcement and turned on 2x starting on Friday.

We'll probably get something either tomorrow or Tuesdays evening.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • DistractMe - Archosaur
    DistractMe - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Still sad, its not a random date. its pwi anniversary. they should have showed more interest on it since isnt a random date.
    but then again, pwi fails so bad that they dont care about their own anniversary that much.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Still sad, its not a random date. its pwi anniversary. they should have showed more interest on it since isnt a random date.
    but then again, pwi fails so bad that they dont care about their own anniversary that much.

Care or not, the GMs aren't working on weekends, so what can they do?

You know, PWI is still a job for them, anniversary or not.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • DistractMe - Archosaur
    DistractMe - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Job or not, admin/boss gotta show interest on "some" important stuffs to make their "clients/us" happy.

And yeah, i do know they wont take an anniversary serious. so im not expecting them to work on weekends.
    Thats why i said "It's sad" that they dont take it like they should.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2012

There is no anniversary page or any post about celebrating this year's anniversary yet. They're propably waiting till tomorrow and bring something up after the maint since its still a weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Kokki - Harshlands
    Kokki - Harshlands Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Job or not, admin/boss gotta show interest on "some" important stuffs to make their "clients/us" happy.

And yeah, i do know they wont take an anniversary serious. so im not expecting them to work on weekends.
    Thats why i said "It's sad" that they dont take it like they should.

This ^

when a company completely neglects a anniversary, they don't care about said product anymore.

I run a computer repair shop, and if my anniversary is on a sunday, be 100% sure that i'm there and i'm doing something with it.
    I'm famous! i'm on ecatomb
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I can imagine it not being activated on the weekend. An event is not something you can just switch on, a lot of things can and will go wrong with it. Gifts not being sent out to some people, others getting their mailboxes nuked with duplicates, etc. Not something that can be supervised with minimum staff on the job.

Still, a little news post telling us it's the anniversary and that the event will be held at X date would have been nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Haven't u got used to it yet? PW always does everything at the last minute... And thats why it always fails and the result is more and more bugs for us to enjoyb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all,

We've definitely got plans for our 4th anniversary, but the fact that it fell on on a holiday weekend this year made us feel that it would be best to delay the festivities by a few days, as it takes the coordination of many different groups of people for special pages to go live and certain switches to be flipped. It's also much safer to have a full team available, should anything go wrong.

Don't worry though, celebrations will include tons of events and unique prizes for all, so stay tuned for more info in the near future.

And to our lovable vets who remembered our special day (9/2), happy anniversary guys! b:thanks
  • Energize - Heavens Tear
    Energize - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all,

We've definitely got plans for our 4th anniversary, but the fact that it fell on on a holiday weekend this year made us feel that it would be best to delay the festivities by a few days, as it takes the coordination of many different groups of people for special pages to go live and certain switches to be flipped. It's also much safer to have a full team available, should anything go wrong.

Don't worry though, celebrations will include tons of events and unique prizes for all, so stay tuned for more info in the near future.

And to our lovable vets who remembered our special day (9/2), happy anniversary guys! b:thanks
    I'm growing senile as I age...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    GaliNaab here, your neighbourhood friendly male venomancer.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Care or not, the GMs aren't working on weekends, so what can they do?

You know, PWI is still a job for them, anniversary or not.

They can post a news post giving the schedule of events on Friday. It's labor day weekend, so they didn't make it a priority. Pure and simple. If they cared, they would have at least posted a news post. Any good company would have already had it written up ages ago, so it should've taken them all of a minute to post it for everyone to see. I agree that every little thing PWI, no matter how good, is completely ignored. But when they are wrong, they are wrong. And not doing something as simple as posting a schedule of events to at least acknowledge the anniversary before they left for the possibly 3 day weekend is wrong.

edit: Which is why Frankie just ninjaed me.

Hey all,

You could have at least posted a schedule of events, you know. Anything too sensitive could have been concealed with a "PLUS MUCH MORE!!!" tag or something. I mean if someone's birthday fell on Wednesday so you decide to wait until the weekend to celebrate it, you can least post Happy Birthday on their facebook wall. It's the same principle. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Master_Hung - Heavens Tear
    Master_Hung - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Hey all,

Finally replied b:pleased now i can kill some time by getting my work done in RL b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.