Any news on the Anniversary coming up in September 2012 ?

Comments

• doggehvonblue
    doggehvonblue Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    happy anni pwi now wheres the CAKE!!! :D b:victoryb:laugh

The cake is a lie!!! b:shocked
  • Rerum - Sanctuary
    Rerum - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I joined nov 2008... they should just do it so the biggest prizes goes for ppl that made their account in 2008 and not only before september. b:chuckle
    How to play the game? 5.0 has the final say!!!
  • WrathOfGod_ - Sanctuary
    WrathOfGod_ - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hope they make a super exciting awesome megatastic event this week!
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hope they make a super exciting awesome megatastic event this week!

Lol! Ur first post here wraith ;0

From what i've heard, GMs gonna Give us candies this year!
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So does Frankies post mean nothing will be happening anytime soon?
    It depends on your definition of "soon".

Based on his post, I'd expect something within the next week or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kuratsu - Dreamweaver
    Kuratsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    b:angry Guess like X-mas "no snowman show" now we have anniversary "no gifting and celebration show" b:surrender I usually have patience but it seems like PW stopped caring about their anni. b:cry it's saddens me that they didn't even post something, idk, anything just to show that they care and are happy that this game is still alive b:sad but seems they don't.
  • Nine_strikes - Dreamweaver
    Nine_strikes - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    actually they did post something about it. something is planned. they didnt do it cus its a job and most of them were off labor day. i dont blame them. i worked today. should i be bishing at the customers for supplying the store with money for me to have a job?? no. they had there days off just as i do and anyone else does. frankie said, it takes quite a few people to pull off changes in game like that. so instead of rushing it and messing it up like u all seem to want them to do. there taking a good business move and doing it right the first time. they will do it when they can. it is a FREE mmorpg now. if it was a paid mmo then heck id be bishing a bit myself. but its not.
    i am curious as to what they got planned XD

*edit*
    fixing my avatar would be a nice 3rd year for me actually. says i joined in 2011, lol the ones who know me in game know i been here a tad longer then that. ;)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Avatar goes by the date of your first post, not by your join date. That might be the issue here. For example this account was created end of August 2008, not April of 2009. April of 2009 was the first time I posted on forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    *edit*
    fixing my avatar would be a nice 3rd year for me actually. says i joined in 2011, lol the ones who know me in game know i been here a tad longer then that. ;)

That date represents the date you started posting on the forums, not the date you joined the game.
    edited September 2012
    that Date Represents The Date You Started Posting On The Forums, Not The Date You Joined The Game.

Ahem . . .

Wait, why did the quote capitalize the first letter of each of your words? Has it always done that and I didn't notice?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2012
    Ahem . . .

Wait, why did the quote capitalize the first letter of each of your words? Has it always done that and I didn't notice?

Are you using FF? I've seen it happen to people using it.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    beerxhyper wrote: »
    happy anni pwi now wheres the CAKE!!! :D b:victoryb:laugh

No cake- it causes server instability! b:shutup
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well I have already been debating on leaving the game for good. If no Aniversary then no me. GL Have Fun.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ahem . . .

It tends to happen if you quote a person too quickly after they posted. Just like sometimes your post will appear above theirs if you do it within the first like... 30 seconds?
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ahem . . .

Hm I would guess it has something to do with the forum now auto formatting your post to lower cases if you post all in caps. And that people can have multiple caps in their forum names now. (There was a time when it only caps'ed the first letter of every name...)

So I think it's some sort of conflict between the two. But the forums are weird. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    actually they did post something about it. something is planned. they didnt do it cus its a job and most of them were off labor day. i dont blame them. i worked today. should i be bishing at the customers for supplying the store with money for me to have a job?? no. they had there days off just as i do and anyone else does. frankie said, it takes quite a few people to pull off changes in game like that. so instead of rushing it and messing it up like u all seem to want them to do. there taking a good business move and doing it right the first time. they will do it when they can. it is a FREE mmorpg now. if it was a paid mmo then heck id be bishing a bit myself. but its not.
    i am curious as to what they got planned XD

*edit*

I`ve only been asking information myself, the announcement whats gonna happen. If that is multiperson job, then PWE might want to fire some people and hire somebody, who can actually do such a "difficult" feat.

Ps. F2p game is an idiotic argument.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    stinks wrote: »
    Well I have already been debating on leaving the game for good. If no Aniversary then no me. GL Have Fun.

Seriously, what is wrong with all of you people that are freaking out because the anniversary didn't start on the 1st? They DID post and the post told us it would be around today (which I assume to mean after maintenance tonight).
    Hey all,

I'd like to confirm that Territory Wars Season 2 will officially end on 8/14, rain or shine!

The Territory War map reset will likely happen three weeks later, around the time of our 4th Anniversary, so all TW battles during these three weeks will take place between the two seasons.

And three weeks later would be today. Coincidentally, today is the day a maintenance would occur. There is no rule saying they have to put up an official post stating what they have already stated, you just have to learn to read.

And I have to say, I am disappointed by the greediness I see in these threads. I would happily continue playing with no anniversary gifts or celebration whatsoever.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • danilco
    danilco Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Seriously, what is wrong with all of you people that are freaking out because the anniversary didn't start on the 1st? They DID post and the post told us it would be around today (which I assume to mean after maintenance tonight).

And three weeks later would be today. Coincidentally, today is the day a maintenance would occur. There is no rule saying they have to put up an official post stating what they have already stated, you just have to learn to read.

And I have to say, I am disappointed by the greediness I see in these threads. I would happily continue playing with no anniversary gifts or celebration whatsoever.

Me Leaving the game has nothing to do with no Anniversary, ijs that if there is nothing new to keep me here, then its time to move on! if you don't understand that then you have not been play the game for 7 years like I have b:shutup
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    danilco wrote: »
    Me Leaving the game has nothing to do with no Anniversary, ijs that if there is nothing new to keep me here, then its time to move on! if you don't understand that then you have not been play the game for 7 years like I have b:shutup

How do someone play a 4 year old game for 7 years? b:shutup
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
    edited September 2012

Well it IS possible.... assuming he was playing PW CN as that was out I believe July of 2005. However probability is slim that they played that for so long then came here 3 years later... to play but /shrug.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• RougeKitty - Heavens Tear
    RougeKitty - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So i think that this year we should get compensation for waiting... Plus the extra wait on the Holiday weekend where 80% of us could of played?? Yah.. okay.. lets wait til everyone is back in school/working and start up the anni.. Yah real smart..
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So i think that this year we should get compensation for waiting... .

That's where I stopped reading.
    Big whoop if it's outside a holiday or vacation, if it's a decent timed 2x it doesn't matter.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So i think that this year we should get compensation for waiting...

I demand compensation for compensation! Oh and for not getting free stuff yet :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited September 2012
    So i think that this year we should get compensation for waiting... Plus the extra wait on the Holiday weekend where 80% of us could of played?? Yah.. okay.. lets wait til everyone is back in school/working and start up the anni.. Yah real smart..

Rofl. Spoiled much?

Anni was on a weekend. Last I checked this is a job for them and MOST office jobs don't have office hours on the weekend besides the skeleton crew that PWE has for anything that might fritz.

Patience little one. Patience.

No compensation is needed.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Well it IS possible.... assuming he was playing PW CN as that was out I believe July of 2005. However probability is slim that they played that for so long then came here 3 years later... to play but /shrug.

Yep, thats pretty much the only way too have played that long... But if they have been on that long theres '1 thing' that they could answer, to show that they have been on since original {PW}; and that question is:

~Question~

What Was the Favorite 'Veno' Pet of choice (Canide) wise "do to its size" that everyone wished they had for a 'Pet' back then (and so few had the chance for) that everyone from the original {PW} wishes that {PWE} had brought into this new version of {PWi}????

Hint~ its the pet that certain {Veno GMs} Tended too have as a 'Show Pet' for their characters on {PW}

b:puzzled

Its an easy question too answer; for those who'd had the chance too play the original {PW} for even the slightest bit of time....

b:thanks
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Bai bai, have fun elsewhere, we don't need your QQ quiting drama here. They have stated whats going on and that we will have a anniversary regardless of postponings, so whatever, we won't miss you and your whinings.
    seitori wrote: »
    Yep, thats pretty much the only way too have played that long... But if they have been on that long theres '1 thing' that they could answer, to show that they have been on since original {PW}; and that question is:

~Question~

What Was the Favorite 'Veno' Pet of choice (Canide) wise "do to its size" that everyone wished they had for a 'Pet' back then (and so few had the chance for) that everyone from the original {PW} wishes that {PWE} had brought into this new version of {PWi}????

Hint~ its the pet that certain {Veno GMs} Tended too have as a 'Show Pet' for their characters on {PW}

b:puzzled

Its an easy question too answer; for those who'd had the chance too play the original {PW} for even the slightest bit of time....

b:thanks

What is this that your talking about?
    edited September 2012
    Are you using FF? I've seen it happen to people using it.
    It tends to happen if you quote a person too quickly after they posted. Just like sometimes your post will appear above theirs if you do it within the first like... 30 seconds?

Well I'll be.

I always thought some people were just bored enough to go back and capitalize other people's stuff when they quoted.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    edited September 2012
    Well to be honest I understand everyone's disappointment with postponing the anniversary due to the long holiday weekend, however I think this disappointment could have easily prevented if there was an announcement beforehand and not only just after I emailed the team twice this weekend asking for a clarification. Honestly the paid team should have through of it in advanced, that's their job - after all.

I'm glad PWE's forums always have such passionate moderators to come forward for the rest of the community.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I think people are impatient, if your birthday is a wednesday do you gonna make a huge party and get drunk a wednesday while your friends/family work/school the day after? No usually people will wait and celebrate the weekend the friday or saturday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    dog10240 wrote: »
    What is this that your talking about?

I'll send you a {Private/PM~message} through your messaging box on the forums, on its name.....
    b:chuckle

Tell me if you get it through your mailbox... LoLzzz!!!!!

"There should be pitcures of it somewhere, if you Google its name"

b:victory
This discussion has been closed.