Realm of Reflection

Comments

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would hope the amount of exp actually varies with each level, but, I won't complain with it...lets factor this in...for my game play

levels 89 and under - 3 bhs a day (3 hours of this stuff), 1 crazy stone (does that give an hour), 1 world quest (does this?)

At 90 I usually start doing cube on my characters, theres another hour

at 95 you can do morai...how many hours will that allow?

at 100 I start doing 2 cube runs a day on toons...but you also go down to only 2 BHs

Can anyone confirm for me what all gives this stuff? I cant currently get in game to find out for myself...sounds like easy exp for my alts though
    bh's - one shard each
    morai contracts - no shard
    morai timed - one shard
    cube - one shard
    crazy stone - no shard
    WQ - i don't know, i doubt it gives one
    Attendance - 2 shards (pick this up before doing yer other stuff for timer, rdy when yer done)
    MQ apparently also gives them, but my wife hasn't been on yet, so we haven't done it to see.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bh's - one shard each
    morai contracts - no shard
    morai timed - one shard
    cube - one shard
    crazy stone - no shard
    WQ - i don't know, i doubt it gives one
    Attendance - 2 shards (pick this up before doing yer other stuff for timer, rdy when yer done)
    MQ apparently also gives them, but my wife hasn't been on yet, so we haven't done it to see.

So thats...2 shards from BH if its a good rotation, 2 shards from Attendance, and 1 shard if I feel motivated enough to be annoyed by the flight and annoying mobs of Morai timed. Ew.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Crying about getting xp while afk. Some people really need to get a life.
    Xp for logging into the game while cuddling with your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/whatever/sheep, Could it get any better?

Edit: so far I haven't found any daily that gives them, so my sheep is still pretty unhappy about the update
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Crying about getting xp while afk. Some people really need to get a life.
    Xp for logging into the game while cuddling with your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/whatever/sheep, Could it get any better?

yes because your acting like it means something. fact is you have to quest and get a shard to even use it. u don't just go there and afk and earn exp. its a joke. like you.
    So for those of us who wanted a way to lvl to 105 like they promised this is NOT it. 104-105 will take 71 years. not counting getting shards and recharging the time. You may not care but we do.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    . You may not care but we do.

Spot on. I don't
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    H0nestly when I read 0f a 'new way t0 level' I th0ught that it was g0ing t0 be s0mething a little m0re maj0r. Free exp? Sure I am all f0r it, but that d0es n0t mean I am wr0ng f0r feeling dissap0inted with the 0verall idea they have created.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, this has now degraded to the very minimal cost of power to run a modern PC? You people are really grasping to justify hating this.
    If you don't like the mechanic...ummm....don't use it?

Yeah, I don't get it.

Whether I'm logged into the game or not, my computer is always on.

Seriously, apart from my grandmother and people who only use laptops, I don't know anyone who doesn't just leave their computer on all the time. b:sad

In any case, supplemental *free* exp is exactly that: free, and a supplement to the dailies I would be doing anyway. People who don't feel like it's worth their time are in no way obligated to use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    People will QQ just to QQ and feel important.

The point was a small boosted free AFK exp when youre sleeping while you do your usual dailies ANYWAYS.

People expecting a free handout to 105 shouldve done what I did and rather then complain about it go and do it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012

People expecting a free handout to 105 shouldve done what I did and rather then complain about it go and do it.

But most of the QQers are so certain that you gooned. b:chuckle

I know you didn't, but good luck convincing them that.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    But most of the QQers are so certain that you gooned. b:chuckle

I know you didn't, but good luck convincing them that.b:sad

Eh I don't care enough anymore to waste my time trying to convince them when they are to mindstuck on something that nothing can say otherwise.

It's like telling someone their parents died in a car accident today. Unless they witness it for themselves they will be in a state of denial.

Most people who know me by know realize I didn't the random QQers who pop up and are "non-factors" by forum standards don't mean anything to me. :P
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've dropped a 69th Level {Alt} And its getting:
    1'428 XP
    322 SPIRIT (Per Minute)
    "And then when he turned 70th level He got":
    1'470 XP
    332 SPIRIT (Per Minute)
    75th levels Gets:
    1'687 XP
    381 SPIRIT (Per Minute)
    80th levels Gets:
    1'920 XP
    433 SPIRIT (Per Minute)
    85th levels Gets:
    2'040 XP
    461 SPIRIT (Per Minute)
    86th level {Alt} And it Gets:
    2'064 XP
    466 SPIRIT (Per Minute)
    92nd levels Gets:
    2'208 XP
    499 SPIRIT (Per Minute)

b:pleased.....Just incase any of you needed to know and were making a Levels chart.....b:victory
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To all the QQ'ers that are unappy of the small exp: If you wanna get to 105 then go work your butt off instead of QQ'ing on the forums. It won't take you 70+ years if you actually work for your level 105.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, it's implied that more will come, if this new EXP mechanic is edited to where you can reasonably hit 105 in like...a month worth's of work from Lv.100, then everyone here will probably flip flop their positions.

Either way, this isn't worth my AFK time, rather merch in a catshop than this for now. AFK time is precious time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • seitori
    edited August 2012
    Honestly, it's implied that more will come, if this new EXP mechanic is edited to where you can reasonably hit 105 in like...a month worth's of work from Lv.100, then everyone here will probably flip flop their positions.

Either way, this isn't worth my AFK time, rather merch in a catshop than this for now. AFK time is precious time!

b:laugh___Hey now theirs an idea, I wonder if people can Catshop in the {Medi~Realm} so they can kill 2 birds with 1 stone?!?!?!?!!!??b:laughb:chuckle
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012

Can you not go into catshop while in the AFK zone?

I haven't been in there yet, so I don't know. b:shutup

Also, I'm sure they'll eventually release the PWI equivalent of FW's memory fruit in the cashshop.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Also, I'm sure they'll eventually release the PWI equivalent of FW's memory fruit in the cashshop.b:cute

What's the point of going catshop in an zone design for people to AFK? b:sweat
    I didn't try the idea out though, but I will take a guess and say it doesn't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    People qq over the darndest thing. Finally they implement a feature that doesn't break another: (like people were I assume expecting it to do to FFC, Phoenix Valley, green FFC gear, BH, grinding); and people qq. The only thing to really complain about here is the addition of yet more items for our piddly sized inventories. They could at least come out with alternative items for the instance.

Also; why did I bother scanning the first 4 pages of this thread for any indication of whether we could set up shop there? - You guys are useless.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • seitori
    edited August 2012

Ok! So I just checked on it and its a (No Go!) on the Kittyshop in the {Medi~Realm}.......b:chuckle

Kinda Sux, but oh well........b:pleased
    edited August 2012
    Oh here's a solution...
    2 ACCOUNTS.

1 to afk exp from and another to catshop. OMG I'm a genius. You can thank me later for not coming to this conclusion yourself.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gosh who cares its jsut 1m exp right? that's like less than 1% when you are 100+ or so... and its over 8 hr? not worth it.... rather kitty mode myself to make coins. b:thanks
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ellero wrote: »
    The awerage cost of kWh in America is 12.5p per 1000 wats. PC with monitor uses between 150 and 400 wats of electricity per hour. Do the math...

If ur pc uses 400 wats per hour thats 8x.4kWh=3.2kWh = 0.4 dollar. Wich is equivalent of
    560k ingame coins.
    With that you can buy 2-3 exp rooms= 3-4mil exp for lvl 90s and 2-3mil exp for 100+.

And you dont have to do the boring dailies IJS.

Sorry for the bad english.. i hope u got the point

Your pricing is a little old, average is very dependant on location and public vs private utility but basicly correct keeping your pc on 24/7 uses only slightly more engery than leaving your cell phone charger plugged in all the time or things like your xbox, ps3, microwave, dvd player, all those things draw power if they are plugged in.

One thing to point out is why is your monitor on if you are afk? If i walk away from my pc for more than 5 mins I turn the monitor off, 1 to save the pixel life and 2 because it uses the most energy lol.

Besides you can buy FC heads while you are on, not while you are off. Point is most people leave there electronics on ALOT, even if they don't realize it. Unless it is unplugged it is drawing energy even turned off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lol, I just gotta love the hypocrisy of the 105 EA, who is all happy of this new content, because it's not "easy as goon glitch"
    I chuckled irl... b:sweat
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    OR

-Get this-

I could instead, do less dailies, and run JUST ONE FF, and get more exp.

Mind Boggling.

OR

-Get this-

You can quit complaining about them adding free exp that you don't have to do anything to get on top of your daily rewards. Dailies that you were probably doing anyway. This is like complaining about getting a free cup of soda when you purchased a sandwich at mcdonalds, because if you bought your own soda you would've gotten a bigger one.

Why should they be giving you more rewards for not doing anything than actually doing something?

edit:

And for the people saying that well you could get more doing FC. Any game worth anything will make it so that people who are playing the game, get more than people who don't. Anyone that is expecting otherwise, should just play this. Of course you can. But you're not running FC in your sleep. You're not out running FC at work. If you only use one catshop, and you BH and Morai dailies anyway to gain the rewards. You have a zero opportunity cost way to gain exp. Because your toon would be doing absolutely nothing if you weren't afk levelling.

Oh and get this. I know it's going to be a shocker to you. you can do FC, PV, and AFK level. This isn't an either or kind of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    One thing to point out is why is your monitor on if you are afk? If i walk away from my pc for more than 5 mins I turn the monitor off, 1 to save the pixel life and 2 because it uses the most energy lol.

You doing the worst thing what you can do for your monitor. You not saving pixel life you just damaging your monitor. Is not worse thing, that turn on and turn off monitor often. The best for monitor is turn off it once a day, when you going to sleep. If you turning on and off monitor often you will decrease its lifetime by a lot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    5$ - u overpriced this update.

1$ per day after work, more fair.

Would still be an extra 365 dollars you didn't have at the end of the year. If you didn't take it because you "well a dollar is useless! You should be giving me enough to double my salary, even then I'm doing no work whatsoever because danggit you'd said it would be new revenue." then go ahead. Me, I'd take that dollar and say thank you. And be glad for the free items for the dollar store. It's just one more dollar I wouldn't have had otherwise. What you guys are failing to realize here is they are giving you free stuff for doing the things most people do anyway. BH is the most popular instance by far, for example. Most people do it. Now you get exp, potentially 5 million coins, nirvana keys, a divine order to gain even more exp+free bonus exp and possibly free pots. The free exp isn't anything to actively spend your time doing the dailies for, but if you're doing your dailes anyway and always have a catshop open. Then you've got something for nothing. And its a fairly decent amount of something too. Of course it couldn't and shouldn't be worth doing over someone actively focusing on leveling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited August 2012
    Oh here's a solution...
    2 ACCOUNTS.

1 to afk exp from and another to catshop. OMG I'm a genius. You can thank me later for not coming to this conclusion yourself.

Inb4 "My computer can't handle running more than one client at a time, and I shouldn't have to make a choice between making money or gaining free exp".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Inb4 "My computer can't handle running more than one client at a time, and I shouldn't have to make a choice between making money or gaining free exp".

inb4 thats a problem on your end and not the games end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    OR

-Get this- *snip*

As I said earlier, instead of causing more server lag and cost for PWI, why not increase quest rewards if all they want to do is add a little bit of extra exp?

You are doing something, you're completing dailies. I havent picked up the schoolteacher thingy in years...I'm still not sure I will remember to do so for a measly 400k xp though.

"from a new way to gain EXP (an actual new mechanic this time, not just new quests)"

I can also gain exp from killing Morai mobs. The disappointment issue is a want for an impacting way to gain exp. Not just some extra fluff exp that barely covers a death that requires me to be logged in AFK on an account.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since there's already this thread about the afk exp gaining I thought I might as well just ask here instead of making an entirely new thread about this... Does anyone knows what happens if you get DC'd while you're afk gaining exp? And can you pause it when you want to log of early or do something else? b:question
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
    edited August 2012
    As I said earlier, instead of causing more server lag and cost for PWI, why not increase quest rewards if all they want to do is add a little bit of extra exp?

You are doing something, you're completing dailies. I havent picked up the schoolteacher thingy in years...I'm still not sure I will remember to do so for a measly 400k xp though.

"from a new way to gain EXP (an actual new mechanic this time, not just new quests)"

I can also gain exp from killing Morai mobs. The disappointment issue is a want for an impacting way to gain exp. Not just some extra fluff exp that barely covers a death that requires me to be logged in AFK on an account.

Do you do BH for the rewards? IF so, then you've done nothing different. You are gaining a free bonus for doing nothing extra. What if I stood outside a grocery store and handed people free coupons for ice cream? Would you complain about that too, because it's not really free ice cream. Since you had to go to the store? Or would you say thanks for the free ice cream and continue about your business? You were at the grocery store anyway. Regardless if I was there or not you would be at the grocery store. So if I add on free ice cream that you did nothing to earn, what good reason would you have to complain about it? None whatsoever. If you went in there because you wanted some cherries and they were all out. Would you scream and complain about the ice cream coupons because it isn't a jar of cherries? And now you have to go out of your way to get them. No. Everyone who reads these forums already knew that it was going to be an AFK leveling system. A leveling system that just adds bonus exp should NEVER be better than actually playing the game. Complaining that it's not better than actually playing the game is like complaining about the free ice cream. Just enjoy your ice cream.

Most people are doing BH. They are going to do BH whether or not this system is there. But now then they do BH they get free additional exp for doing nothing.

Ice cream=afk levelling
    Cherries=105 (the cherry on top? get it? get it? I know i'm lame. b:surrender)
    The grocery store= BH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous: