Realm of Reflection

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Do you do BH for the rewards?

Ice cream=afk levelling
    Cherries=105 (the cherry on top? get it? get it? I know i'm lame. b:surrender)
    The grocery store= BH.

(I do them for the item rewards, not the exp...the exp is laughable)

To use your analogy:

It's not ice cream. Its like getting 1/5th of a sample spoon at Baskin Robbins. Ice cream would be like a level in a month or three, not 20 years.

Cherry stays the same tho (Im lame too!)
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You must be paid by pwi to troll forums

Damn if PW did this i would be glad

so im a troll cause i enjoy a mechanic that gives me exp i lose if i die or lose an BH while i can be Afk enjoying my real life ?

Who is the troll , me who just likes an idea ? or you , the idiots who QQ about something that you can just pretty much ignore. You want us to believe someone forced you to lvl through this mechanic ?

Cut the clever-boy attitude and shut it pls. You are pathetic at this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's not ice cream. Its like getting 1/5th of a sample spoon at Baskin Robbins. Ice cream would be like a level in a month or three, not 20 years.

I actually have seem people, whom are above the average waist line, complain that sample size of certain food products should have been bigger. The same people would then proceed to stand next to the sample stand and continue to devour what I could only assume was samples earmarked for their fellow, often smaller, beings.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012

To use your analogy:

Cherry stays the same tho (Im lame too!)

Still free ice cream. :3 And one reason I like those big bulk stores like Costcos is because they give you those free samples. They are always really small but they are nice perk to break up the mundane task of grocery shopping. Analogy still fits IJS. >>

And at least we're agreed about the cherries.b:chuckle

I actually have seem people, whom are above the average waist line, complain that sample size of certain food products should have been bigger. The same people would then proceed to stand next to the sample stand and continue to devour what I could only assume was samples earmarked for their fellow, often smaller, beings.

I've seen that too. Always baffles me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    d a way to lvl to 105 like they promised this is NOT it. .

Why is so important to be 105?
    It's not important for PVE and it's not important for PVP (103 is enough).
    660k EXP from BH2 is not enough?
    660000 EXP x 30 days = 19 800 000 EXP
    Add another 1m EXP per day from being AFK, and you're close to 50m EXP.

That's a lot of missed EXP for one month.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    \
    Ice cream=afk levelling
    Cherries=105 (the cherry on top? get it? get it? I know i'm lame. b:surrender)
    The grocery store= BH.

Now I want some ice cream with a cherry on top. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012

Dont mess with idiots , you will never understand them. Trolls are trolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012

30 minutes = 3m+ exp in FF.

3m exp > 30-60 minutes depending on squad and BH zone.

I never did my BHs from 85-99 due to this. It was a waste of time for the exp gained. Even during the group-up-for FF days, I made more exp during the time I spent in FF than I would have in BH 80/90.

I still have some lower level friends that I cannot understand why they like doing thier BHs still (I come in to help them when they can't find a squad for it), but after observing the quality of FF groups lately, I can't blame them. Although my groups were fantastic last night, just not earlier in the week.

I save my XP orbs for when Im close to leveling on a toon and get that omg omg feeling. I think Ive got like 40 or so in the bank atm.

Still 1/5th of a sample spoon at Baskin Robbins. I want Ice Cream, not a sample of a sample :( But really, I'm just being demanding and critical. AFK "XP Sampling" just shouldn't really be lauded as anything important or amazing. If 400k was that big of a deal I'd drag myself out for some of the other 5-10 minute things for it, instead of spending that time in FF, farming gear, or leveling another toon.

Phoenix_Eye, I really wanna group with you sometime to find out if your playing is as bad as your comprehension and understanding.
    edited August 2012

Phoenix_Eye, I really wanna group with you sometime to find out if your playing is as bad as your comprehension and understanding.

That is honestly your opinion , and my squads never had any complaints about my role and duties . i would like to squad with you to see if your understanding is problematic as well. You all have missed the point of this mechanic and QQ just to create some drama on your selfs. i pity this a lot.

Playing a game =/= personality
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since there's already this thread about the afk exp gaining I thought I might as well just ask here instead of making an entirely new thread about this... Does anyone knows what happens if you get DC'd while you're afk gaining exp? And can you pause it when you want to log of early or do something else? b:question

Yes, you can (pause/stop) it and then (restart) it as ya deem the needs too.....b:victory

And when the shards run outta their time, like my first 2 did "it stopped the drain on the remaining (10 of the 12 hours) per day) that your alotted (per day)

But as for the {Dsc} midway through; I've got absolutely no idea if it keeps going on until your character also finally crashes off the server, or if it just keeps going on????b:puzzled
    edited August 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    Yes, you can (pause/stop) it and then (restart) it as ya deem the needs too.....b:victory

And when the shards run outta their time, like my first 2 did "it stopped the drain on the remaining (10 of the 12 hours) per day) that your alotted (per day)

But as for the {Dsc} midway through; I've got absolutely no idea if it keeps going on until your character also finally crashes off the server, or if it just keeps going on????b:puzzled

Logging off , D/C w/e , stops it

Happened on my sin today
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2012
    That is honestly your opinion , and my squads never had any complaints about my role in squad. i would like to squad with you to see if your understanding is good. You all have missed the point of this mechanic and QQ just to create some drama on your selfs. i pity this a lot.

And this is where you fail: I well understand the point of the mechanic. I'm finding faults in the excitement and understanding of impact of it for those of us who did not abuse the goon glitch. It may be a new mechanic, but compared to when BH was introduced, FF changed, Goshiki Quest Chain added, and Hypers - it's a joke.

I got a level 80 Barb on another account, everything else is too low, too high, or playing it is as enjoyable as repeated groin punches.
    edited August 2012
    Good perfect we solved that , again the complaints are about not giving another way to get to 105 fast. Some miss the goon glitch and want it back , some are dissatisfied with other mechanics.

Have you considered the fact that people who prefer other waysof lvling , dont play a lot , and are below lvl 80 ( for example) may find some use in this.

Why the hell should every new content update only satisfy the high lvl people. Morai is 95+ , Nirvana is 100 + , EU/AEU needs Morai unlocked.

3 years have passed and you people still havent learned than this game is just a business ran by Chinese people and this version just follows behind. What do you expect ??? that you and the devs will create productive customer relationships ?

seriously now , this thread should just get locked. No purpose again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    30 minutes = 3m+ exp in FF.

3m exp > 30-60 minutes depending on squad and BH zone.

I never did my BHs from 85-99 due to this. It was a waste of time for the exp gained. Even during the group-up-for FF days, I made more exp during the time I spent in FF than I would have in BH 80/90.

Do you find this game boring? You only seems to do FC and nothing else.

And let's say you do 10FC runs a day, what then? You can just stand in Arch, being AFK... while others can also do 10 FC runs and then be AFK and gather some EXP in the meantime b:laugh
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This attitude is what is wrong with this game, this mind-numbing over-riding obsession with leveling.

What happens when you finally get to 105, you start moaning that there is no lvl 106.

Good grief.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Could it maybe just possibly be that this update was more directed toward lowbies than anything else? 1.1m xp is pretty nice for someone who's in their 30s, 60s, even their low 80s.

People at higher levels can do FC in under an hour for tons more xp, and they do, so would it really be necessary to give them an update where they could get afk for 8 hours and get more xp than something that would require them to actually be at their computer? The game's already dead enough, and people complain about that constantly, so why some of you bickering about low xp gain at higher levels when if it gave better xp it could potentially make the servers even LESS active?

Who cares about a few mill xp a day, 1 FC will get you that, stop complaining that it's only 1m xp and just use it on your low level alt or something, jeez.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Uhm not sure I got this right,you mean a lv.35 player gets the same exp per minute of a lv.104 one? b:shocked
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Uhm not sure I got this right,you mean a lv.35 player gets the same exp per minute of a lv.104 one? b:shocked

No. Level affects exp gain per minute.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    On second thought, I love this place, great for leveling buff alts when you are sick of powerlvling for the day.b:cute

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • _RubyFire_ - Heavens Tear
    _RubyFire_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    agree with this.
    it is free
    at work.. toon is doing something.
    great for buffers..
    free is free
  • TrueMax - Sanctuary
    TrueMax - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Good perfect we solved that , again the complaints are about not giving another way to get to 105 fast. Some miss the goon glitch and want it back , some are dissatisfied with other mechanics.

Have you considered the fact that people who prefer other waysof lvling , dont play a lot , and are below lvl 80 ( for example) may find some use in this.

Why the hell should every new content update only satisfy the high lvl people. Morai is 95+ , Nirvana is 100 + , EU/AEU needs Morai unlocked.

3 years have passed and you people still havent learned than this game is just a business ran by Chinese people and this version just follows behind. What do you expect ??? that you and the devs will create productive customer relationships ?

seriously now , this thread should just get locked. No purpose again

except we were told there would be a way to lvl to 105 that wouldnt take 10 years. If they had said this is for lwo levels, fine but the fact is they havent said anything. and so what you all arent playing now so you can have the "free" exp? there isnt enough new players for this to appeal too. also not every new content update catered to high lvls. I will also assume you are posting from ur alt since u have been around 3 years i will assume your also a gooner hence down on the rest of us for pointing out the the problems with what they introduce.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    except we were told there would be a way to lvl to 105 that wouldnt take 10 years. If they had said this is for lwo levels, fine but the fact is they havent said anything. and so what you all arent playing now so you can have the "free" exp? there isnt enough new players for this to appeal too. also not every new content update catered to high lvls. I will also assume you are posting from ur alt since u have been around 3 years i will assume your also a gooner hence down on the rest of us for pointing out the the problems with what they introduce.

Except, no you weren't. Not this time.
    Hey all,

In the coming weeks, we'll be releasing a new content update for PWI that we've titled "Reflections". We're excited to bring it to you since it will add a lot of new features, from a new way to gain EXP (an actual new mechanic this time, not just new quests) to new daily and weekly quests, including a high level PVP event in Morai. It will also include various mechanic tweaks and bug fixes.

That's what you were told. And that is exactly what it is. The other threads made by players were the ones to let the cat out of the bag that it was going to be an afk leveling system. You're the one that made the assumption it would take you to 105. (And btw, PV was a new way to help you to get to 105. It was part of the way that Kawaiijen got there, whether or not you believed she glitched to 104. 104-105 is still a massive amount of exp that was able to obtain by doing it. Along with FF green gear. Forget all the other things she listed that she did.) It's one thing to be disappointed because you got your hopes up for 105 through the new exp system. It's quite another thing to accuse people of lying, cheating, and put people down because of it.

...all this crying over free ice cream samples.

Now I want some ice cream with a cherry on top. b:cry

Me too. b:sadb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Boo Hoo Pwi Gave Me Free Stuff And I Have To Work A Bit To Get It And Its Not That Much But Its Still Free And Crying All Night Now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    0 to 100 = 1 year without gooning, Glitching, Fcc, Oracles, Hypers just doing quests and dailies.

100 to 101 = ~6 months again without Gooning, Glitching, FCC, Oracles Hypers just doing quests, Hidden quests, and dailies also BHs and FBs for faction mates.

101 to 102 = ~7 months as above

102 @ 6% = ~1 month as above

71 years to get to 105 what game are you playing or are you just that bad a player.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow this thread is still going? And people are still QQing?

This addition is amazing in terms of how previous daily exp was acquired (non-hyper related). Cube of fate gives 1m exp; daily GB quests give 240k exp each, or 480k total; Divine Emissary Morai quests gave 60k exp per, totally 120k exp daily, as well as a chance to change that to 240k exp with a purple quest; Morai hourly quest gives 100k exp; and a BH2 gives 660k exp.

Just 1 single hour of going AFK, where you can go AFK whenever you can't play, and you get 138k exp (if 2.3k exp/min is the rate). The daily attendance quest already gives 2 reflective shards, and doing BH1 and 2 already gives 2 more. The hourly Morai one gives another. In just doing those other dailies that give you exp, you already amassed 5 hours worth of AFK exp. That's already an additional 690k exp a day on top of everything that has happened.

Sheesh, it's like people were hoping for rates like 3m exp an hour.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd rather set kitty to gain coin while afk, so I have the supplies to actually DO something while playing.

The only thing I QQ about on this...more junk to NPC from dailies.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd rather set kitty to gain coin while afk, so I have the supplies to actually DO something while playing.

The only thing I QQ about on this...more junk to NPC from dailies.
    I don't understand this. Why do you all not have a separate account for a shop? My cheapy laptop will run 2 clients no prob. Kitty shop makes coin whether I am playing or afking my chars.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What I further don't get is:

Given these are attached to daily quests, why not just up the exp of those? I would expect it would reduce server lag or cost for PWI.

Because they will be able to sell some items linked to that in the cash shop. I can imagine some kind of hyper stones that will boost the xp gain by X times for exemple.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Doing That would not count as new content. Not that this counts as new content anyway. Expect to see some new location when you port in and wow its warsong. Bad developers are bad developers and don't see that changing anytime soon.

They had to rush it to be able to release it before the grand opening of Faction Battles 2. b:chuckle
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't understand this. Why do you all not have a separate account for a shop? My cheapy laptop will run 2 clients no prob. Kitty shop makes coin whether I am playing or afking my chars.

2 shops are better than 1...derrrr
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC