Realm of Reflection

Comments

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    From my brief experiment with this meditation stuff, I conclude, like the majority of people, that in general for the 100+ crew it's not a hugely amazing boost of xp.
    HOWEVER... When you consider how you're supposed to use this new mechanic, it's quite good. During your active play hours you're doing beneficial things like bhs and cube and fcc to get your xp, then while you can't be at your computer, or are sleeping or school or whatever, you're still gaining small amounts of xp. With all this effort combining together, it works out to be a nice little addition. Emphasis on the little, but, wait for it... here it comes...
    Soon, there will be "hyper-esque" shards available through the token exchange npc which will give a BIGGER boost. You can see the proof right in the current meditation interface; a la the "deep reflection" timer which is "upcomming".
    So if these free shards aren't rocking your socks, just save up your pennies and buy your way to afk-awesomeness.

For low level characters though this is a pretty significant boost. I took a level 55 in for 5 hours, and even before 30 minutes was up I gained 6% I'll see what my end total is after the full 5 hours, but I'm heartily impressed. So if all you do between 40-80 is your bhs and attendance that's a free 5 hours worth of afking every day that could improve leveling speed!
    Though actually what I would do if I was starting over right now is to save up every crystal I gained from lvl 40-80, fcc through 80-95, and from 95+ then I'd have a good stack of free crystals to give me the maximum 12 hours of afk time to use while I slept, since I find leveling is hardest to go from the 95-101 hump. I don't much care for anything over 101, if I reach it, that's just gravy, but in my opinion actively trying to level passed 101 isn't worth it.

My major complaint is that technically not all daily quests give shards. In my opinion OHT and WQ should give 1 shard each. I also think that at least one of the Base daily quests should also give 1 shard. Considering how miniscule the xp is for the 100+ crew an extra 3 or so hours ontop of the 3+ you could get now would be an improvement.

But as soon as we're able to buy shards with coin or real money instead of actually doing dailies... well, then, shame on PWI, shame shame shame. Instead we should be able to combine the current shards into better ones! But well, I know that is highly unlikely.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    except we were told there would be a way to lvl to 105 that wouldnt take 10 years. If they had said this is for lwo levels, fine but the fact is they havent said anything. and so what you all arent playing now so you can have the "free" exp? there isnt enough new players for this to appeal too. also not every new content update catered to high lvls. I will also assume you are posting from ur alt since u have been around 3 years i will assume your also a gooner hence down on the rest of us for pointing out the the problems with what they introduce.

Morai orders, cube, BH, phoenix valley, hyper OVS, etc etc...the list of ways to get exp keeps growing, yet you still think it'd take 10 years to level. At some point people just need to shut up and play if they want 105, instead of waiting for some sort of big handout.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • My__Camry - Heavens Tear
    My__Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This thread proved once and for all that people here are effing stupid. People winge about R8/R9/packs/FF/hypers... how it all costs too much money,the gap between F2P and P2P players too wide and blah blah blah , but when they given free once again for people who missed the point FREE way to gain exp without buying FF/zhenning or whatsoever now they winge for having to leave their computers on, OMG.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This thread proved once and for all that people here are effing stupid. People winge about R8/R9/packs/FF/hypers... how it all costs too much money,the gap between F2P and P2P players too wide and blah blah blah , but when they given free once again for people who missed the point FREE way to gain exp without buying FF/zhenning or whatsoever now they winge for having to leave their computers on, OMG.

Yeah really they could of put these stones in the cashshop instead of letting you get them from daily quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah really they could of put these stones in the cashshop instead of letting you get them from daily quests.

The cashshop booster stones are coming.

My magic 8 ball has said so, and my magic 8 ball is never wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The cashshop booster stones are coming.

My magic 8 ball has said so, and my magic 8 ball is never wrong.

b:laugh I don't doubt your 8 ball PWE is getting predictable so I wouldn't doubt it. Anything to make more money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Would still be an extra 365 dollars you didn't have at the end of the year. If you didn't take it because you "well a dollar is useless! You should be giving me enough to double my salary, even then I'm doing no work whatsoever because danggit you'd said it would be new revenue." then go ahead. Me, I'd take that dollar and say thank you. And be glad for the free items for the dollar store. It's just one more dollar I wouldn't have had otherwise. What you guys are failing to realize here is they are giving you free stuff for doing the things most people do anyway. BH is the most popular instance by far, for example. Most people do it. Now you get exp, potentially 5 million coins, nirvana keys, a divine order to gain even more exp+free bonus exp and possibly free pots. The free exp isn't anything to actively spend your time doing the dailies for, but if you're doing your dailes anyway and always have a catshop open. Then you've got something for nothing. And its a fairly decent amount of something too. Of course it couldn't and shouldn't be worth doing over someone actively focusing on leveling.

Idk if u are merchant or not, but i want to give u an example. If u are, u will understand.

PWE gives a sale with 2-3% discount which gives u like 5k per 10 gold invested. Would u say "Thanks pwe for giving that sale! Alot of ppl wants to make profit over trades. So even 5k is money."
    Would u say so?
  • Haha_dude - Raging Tide
    Haha_dude - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wtf with all these nerds talking about time = money BS. and idiots actually calc the time to earn 1m exp? u guys need to get out moar >>

the point is, this is a game. u know what this means? game = fun = entertainment. when they said a "new way to earn exp" i expected a new instance similar to fcc which is as difficult as full warsong (therefore making it fun to squad up again, just like how you need to squad up to do 80-90 lvl fcc).

this new way of gaining exp...idk... how does this help the game become more ENTERTAINING and COMPETITIVE against other, newer games coming out now.. and the best they can do is: new way to gain exp is to afk in warsong xD

i am quite disappointed by the fact that this update had no new content b:surrender
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Idk if u are merchant or not, but i want to give u an example. If u are, u will understand.

PWE gives a sale with 2-3% discount which gives u like 5k per 10 gold invested. Would u say "Thanks pwe for giving that sale! Alot of ppl wants to make profit over trades. So even 5k is money."
    Would u say so?

That doesn't make sense. Players set the price for items, not matter what the discount price of the item. And this isn't like that at all. This is closer to giving us hypers with every pack purchase so you end up with 1000x untradeable/unstashable hypers. Having to buy the packs is something I would be doing anyway to make money, so why complain about the hypers. Even if I couldn't use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Buff_me - Raging Tide
    Buff_me - Raging Tide Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That doesn't make sense. Players set the price for items, not matter what the discount price of the item. And this isn't like that at all. This is closer to giving us hypers with every pack purchase so you end up with 1000x untradeable/unstashable hypers. Having to buy the packs is something I would be doing anyway to make money, so why complain about the hypers. Even if I couldn't use them.

Dammit, u are right :C

But still, i made a thread not to QQ, but to see what other ppl thinks about it.
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    10 hours for 2mill exp aint even worth it.. **** to waste electricity bills on something so menial as that..

but knowing PWI they'll prolly bring something in cashshop up soon that boosts exp 10times or somethng.. which would be worth it then i guess..
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    . . . . .

What.. were you expecting an easymode to 105 like the goon glitch? >_>

Hahahahhaa this guy is such a ****ing moron gives me good laugs..
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    Yes, you can (pause/stop) it and then (restart) it as ya deem the needs too.....b:victory

And when the shards run outta their time, like my first 2 did "it stopped the drain on the remaining (10 of the 12 hours) per day) that your alotted (per day)

But as for the {Dsc} midway through; I've got absolutely no idea if it keeps going on until your character also finally crashes off the server, or if it just keeps going on????b:puzzled

Ah that's nice... Thank you... b:thanks
    Logging off , D/C w/e , stops it

Happened on my sin today

Good to know... My i-net provider has maintenance at night sometimes so... Glad I won't loose my shard time if that happens... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    but knowing PWI they'll prolly bring something in cashshop up soon that boosts exp 10times or somethng.. which would be worth it then i guess..
    They will. Absolutely 100% certain.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    When i heard about the afk exp thing i was excited, but its definitely not worth it at the moment. Didnt even get 0.1% after an hour! =[

Think i'll save the shards for when they bring out the hyper meditation stones which i'm guessing that 2nd timer bar was implemented for.

Dont understand why people keep going on about "its FREE EXP- you're going to be sleeping/at work anyway" etc etc.

You're far better off opening a catshop while you're away- then buying a BR when you're back! More money+ more experience! b:chuckle
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • dolomit
    dolomit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I dont understand the meaning of free meditation and getting exp.

PWI want more players on high lvl, who dont know and cant use his/her chars, who have no money for buying gear and skills, who are high lvl venos, but his pets are still low levels and without skills? Have PWI a contract with energy companies all around the world, or why PWI want us to be online but doing nothing in game????

Can anyone explain it pls?
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    except we were told there would be a way to lvl to 105 that wouldnt take 10 years. If they had said this is for lwo levels, fine but the fact is they havent said anything. and so what you all arent playing now so you can have the "free" exp? there isnt enough new players for this to appeal too. also not every new content update catered to high lvls. I will also assume you are posting from ur alt since u have been around 3 years i will assume your also a gooner hence down on the rest of us for pointing out the the problems with what they introduce.

All my alts are posted on signature , and nope , im not a gooner , though sometimes it would be comfy to be ( i can PM you a pic of my character selection if you want). Playing 4 years doesnt mean i rushed to 100 like everyone else. So all the QQ is about they didnt make themselves clear , or again , that they didnt give you exactly what you wanted ? i guess it is the second.

Grow up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    did anyone get glitched in realm of refl? :(

i get on all chars so i assume it's lappy problem but i verified and checked all drivers nothing b:sad
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, despite the disappointment noted on the forums, the Realm of Reflection is pretty crowded on HT, every route is full of players, AFKing in the most unique spots, mostly to look cooler while meditating.

Edit: Adding on some more thoughts, I do hate how Warsong was reused in this, however, there are some pretty cool AFK spots, like random pillars of light, or lily pads. This is pretty great for alts as well, I have a Lv. 43 Seeker, and it gains about 504 EXP and 113 Spirit, or roughly 0.3%-0.4% a minute, that's really not bad. The supply stash from what I've noticed up to Lv. 40, gives a total of 15 Reflection Shards, 5 per opening after Lv. 30.

This is great for starting new alts/lower level alts, yes you can powerlvl, but when hypers are exhausted, you know where to go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • My__Camry - Heavens Tear
    My__Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You're far better off opening a catshop while you're away- then buying a BR when you're back! More money+ more experience! b:chuckle
    2 clients, 1 for exp 1 for cat shopping = problem solved
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, despite the disappointment noted on the forums, the Realm of Reflection is pretty crowded on HT, every route is full of players, AFKing in the most unique spots, mostly to look cooler while meditating.

Edit: Adding on some more thoughts, I do hate how Warsong was reused in this, however, there are some pretty cool AFK spots, like random pillars of light, or lily pads. This is pretty great for alts as well, I have a Lv. 43 Seeker, and it gains about 504 EXP and 113 Spirit, or roughly 0.3%-0.4% a minute, that's really not bad. The supply stash from what I've noticed up to Lv. 40, gives a total of 15 Reflection Shards, 5 per opening after Lv. 30.

This is great for starting new alts/lower level alts, yes you can powerlvl, but when hypers are exhausted, you know where to go!

lol tnx for the tip i didnt bother to open stash box on an alt.
    Now i can meditate with the shards b:nosebleed
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I noticed Genies get no XP from it... b:angry

So much for leveling them up in there.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You doing the worst thing what you can do for your monitor. You not saving pixel life you just damaging your monitor. Is not worse thing, that turn on and turn off monitor often. The best for monitor is turn off it once a day, when you going to sleep. If you turning on and off monitor often you will decrease its lifetime by a lot.

Actually no, You should read up on what you are supposed to do with NEW highend tvs/pc monitors. Turning them on and off often does not affect them like old tube sets or early plasma/lcds. Sure constantly turning them on and off on and off every 5 mins would be bad, more cause it affects the pixel life from power up, but thats not what I said I do, I said when I am gone from my pc, you are telling people to just leave it on all the time, yeah that will burn out a monitor in a year. So troll harder next time.

On another note, did the reflections over night on my 81 seeker and she earned 1944 xp a min and 400ish sp. I got 10 of the shards without doing anything special in the way of dailies yesterday and when I left for work this morning she had 2 and a half hours left on the time and had gone from 47.3% to 67.6% so pretty good if you ask me for getting a good nights sleep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why is this thread still going again?

We've decided its a small boost of Free AFK exp.

You can catshop and get EXP from 2 separate accounts while you're AFK.

Leaving your computer on costs next to no energy cost.

/thread.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    2 clients, 1 for exp 1 for cat shopping = problem solved

2 clients = 2 catshops <__<
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
    edited August 2012
    2 clients = 2 catshops <__<

I didn't try, but pretty sure you can set up a catshop in the realm of reflection lol so people coming in and going out will probably take a look just for kicks. Won't be as good of buisness, but you'll probably do alright. On my server there were tons of people in there, but like I said you'll only get buisness from them coming and going since they are after all afk lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1 CoF run - 15 minutes.
    1 BH run - from 30 to 1,5h. Beleive me, there are squads that cant kill snake for long time, and sometimes just being wiped.
    1 Morai - 15 minutes.
    MQ - idk how much it takes.
    AEU - 30min-1h.
    Roll Call - 1h.

So, its just 6 hours of meditation.

Roll Call is something you activate, than go do something else.
    You're doing other stuf while doing roll call, so you can take 1 hour out of the time it takes to get them
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I didn't try, but pretty sure you can set up a catshop in the realm of reflection lol so people coming in and going out will probably take a look just for kicks. Won't be as good of buisness, but you'll probably do alright. On my server there were tons of people in there, but like I said you'll only get buisness from them coming and going since they are after all afk lol.

Nop U cant set a catshop up inside the Realm of Reflection <sarcasm> PWI were so original on his design </sarcasm>

You can sit down and wait ... Well, can use your mount too but not the flyer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why is this thread still going again?

We've decided its a small boost of Free AFK exp.

You can catshop and get EXP from 2 separate accounts while you're AFK.

Leaving your computer on costs next to no energy cost.

/thread.

I'm sure most of the people QQing about the *energy* costs leave their computers on 24/7 like most desktop users do and are just looking for something to complain about.

I ended up with 9 shards yesterday. At 2719 per tick, that gave me 1,468,260 exp while I slept/played another game. That's like a cube run and almost 2 base quests for absolutely no additional effort on my part.

Oh, and keeping with Venus' ice cream analogy from yesterday....

Dear PWE:

I thoroughly enjoyed your free scoop of ice cream, and I would very much like to have some more. Please feel free to add me to your mailing list to let me know when you will be selling double/triple scoop portions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Nop U cant set a catshop up inside the Realm of Reflection <sarcasm> PWI were so original on his design </sarcasm>

You can sit down and wait ... Well, can use your mount too but not the flyer

Ahhh, oh well lol. I figured since I could be on a mount they would let you do anything. I wonder if they disallow catshops because of something similar to the caster's glitch, just the shards not disappearing as used?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]