[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 8-7-2012 [COMPLETE]

Options
frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion
Hey all,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from 11pm to 1am Pacific, during which time the PWI servers will not be accessible. Please plan your night of gaming accordingly.

And for tonight's maintenance question:

What's your favorite all-class pet in the game and why?

Thanks,

-The PWI Team
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    PWI: Reflections Patch Notes
    Version 658
    Released August 08, 2012

Notice:
    - The Territory War changes outlined further below prompted us to research a refund system. More info can be found at: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1395451
    Unfortunately, this refund system is not yet implemented. However, any bids made starting today will be refunded retroactively once the system is in place.

Content
    New Zone: Realm of Reflection
    - Players may now enter this realm to gain Exp/Spirit automatically by expending Reflective Shards.
    - Reflective Shards may be obtained from various repeatable quests and instances, including but not limited to Cube of Fate, Bounty Hunter, Daily Attendance, and Daily Morai Order quests.

New Seasonal Quests
    - A new series of quests are available at most major cities for players Lv20-40. Completable daily.

New Purchasable Items in all Morai Orders
    - For the cost of Influence, players may now purchase Exp/Spirit/Reputation boost items from any Order.

New PK Event in Morai
    - From 19:00 to 22:00 on each Saturday, Lv95+ players who enter Morai will be tasked to take down members of other Orders in a new PK event. If PK is not your cup of tea, there are monsters who may also satisfy the quest's requirements. During this PK event, players will not lose items or Exp due to PK and will not fall into red-name status.
    - Lurking in the midst of the carnage is a giant animated teddy bear (designed and developed by your very own US Production team). He holds the egg to a teddy bear cub minipet. Will you be the one to survive the fighting to obtain a Sir Cuddlesworth of your very own?
    - A litter of 3 Sir Cuddlesworth eggs may be traded to any Order leader for a full-sized Lord Cuddlesworth minipet.

New Reforge Revert
    - An enigmatic forge-wright, named Spirit of the Forge, has made its appearance in Archosaur and provides a new option for players reforging their Lunar & Twilight Temple weapons or Rank 8 Ascended equipment.
    - By choosing to reforge with this NPC, players can revert back to their items' original stats should they not desire the new reforged stats. This occurs only after the reforging process and will consume the necessary materials to reforge for each attempt regardless of the player's choice.

New Wedding Ring trade-in
    - A alternative fashion set is now an available as a reward for the Ring of Silver Wedding at the Matchmaker Servant.

9 Trials
    - Damascene Ore is now a possible reward for completing the 9 Trials on the initial run.
    - Subsequent completion of the Trials before it reset yields rewards in greater quantities.

Misc
    - Increased Exp/Spirit rewards for Spiritual Cultivation quests up to Lv60.
    - Low Level "Starter" quests for Humans, Untamed and Winged Elves increased in Exp & Coins.
    - The Damage Ranking functionality has been moved to a new NPC: Lady Cherry in Thousand Streams & Archosaur.

PK Changes
    PvP server zone changes
    - Players under Lv30 on PvP servers can now be attacked in certain non-safe zones.
    - Major cities and instances are unaffected. PvE servers are unaffected.

Territory Wars:
    - Bidding now require 10 Million Big Notes, maximum of 99.
    - Price to construct of Towers increased to 500,000 coins.
    - Base Crystals' Hit Points, damage from Towers, and Number of Turrets all increased.

PK Item Flagging
    - When players drop items due to PK death while in red-named state, those items will be flagged for 30 seconds to pick up by the person who killed them. After which they're free for all.

Skill Changes
    Assassin
    - Spoils of War cooldown reduced to 3 seconds.
    - Items dropped via Spoils of War are now flagged for the Assassin for 30 seconds, before changing to free for all.
    - New Assassin skill "Keeper of Treasures" grants user immunity to Spoils of War.

Item Changes
    - Banquet Reservations duration increased from 24 to 72 hours.
    - Rank 8 "Ascended" set bonuses for Wizard and Clerics increased.
    - Faction/Squad Signets now usable in Atuin's Blighted Chamber.
    - Low level DQ items now vendor for 1 coin.
    - Morai Order Teleportation Scrolls cannot be used in combat.

User Interface
    - Quest logs will now track up to 8 rewards for quests that grant such.
    - Nearby squad members will now appear as blue named on the Squad UI.
    - Nearby faction members will now appear as blue dots on the Minimap UI.

Bug Fixes
    - Cleric skill Magic Shell is no longer overridden by Dew of Star Protection or Faith buff from Scarlet Axes.
    - AEU, Chigo wing: Balance Light / Balance Shadow quests no longer fails if player goes offline or leader changes.
    - AEU, Locen wing: quest from Alabaster Transient / Obsidian Transient is now obtainable by only 1 squad member.
    - Caster Robes for Rank 9 "Omen" tier set are now obtainable.
    - Genie EXP Cubes no longer have incorrect values when sold via a catshop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm a little nervous for this update...I guess we'll see what happens.
    And I love my little red squirrel all class pet :3 He's just so cute!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Maybe I'll play more often after this. b:chuckle

Also I'm a veno, I have no use for all class pets xD.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Primera pagina!

Favourite pet is that stupidly huge Lumi pet.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    My favorite all-class pet... GIANT BUNNY!!!! ._.
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • darastrix00
    darastrix00 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    +1 for first page

My fav pet is the baby Cerberus... Who doesn't like having a 3 head puppy by their side
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Manual Patch: http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_653-658.cup (139MB)

This is the Reflection content update.

Unofficial change list is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17411021#post17411021
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    RAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE b:angry b:angry b:angry

Wait this was supposed to be a discussion? o.o
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Pillar was my favorite until you guys ruined it by swapping out the ID for the giant pig to the pillar pet for the lucid gold rewards. :\

Then it was the giant bunny, until you ruined it by giving out too many of them. :3 It was funner when it an uncommon but still totally obtainable event reward from the grim gamble.

Now I don't have a favorite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Also thank you franky with your splendid work of communication with the player base, we're stunned on how much info you gave us regarding the upcoming patch. b:angry
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • crystalpink
    crystalpink Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Mine would be that cute little white bunny: Snow hare. b:chuckle
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    ( > < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

Server: Abyss
    IGNs: Valentina (Magus), Amanita (Heretic), Avicenia (Slayer), Mirabillis (Champion), Solange (Berserker)
    Xfire username: crystalpink
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Favorite pet ? This unreleased pet for sure :3http://www.ecatomb.net/pet/100.jpg

I'm so gonna laugh when they release it xD

But seriously, the pink squirrel and the MQ lochmur pet ^o^
  • EzioShadow - Heavens Tear
    EzioShadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    what is this i hear about 8 hr timer........ Can someone put link up here!
  • Catal - Lost City
    Catal - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I might stay up for this maint. Sounds like it'll be a rage-tastic time if half the stuff I am seeing comes up. Especially since most of the people I know do not know that there is maint tonight. Or that there is an expansion on the horizon. But alas, I shall enjoy it, no matter what. The eight-hour timer sounds saddening, and the DQ drop sounds like unhappy days, but I have some sort of thing that could be called...faith?
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Catal - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    DQ thing is fine low lvl DQ gave little coin as is and as some have pointted out doing the quest can give you more money, well use to that is and you can always sell to shops that buy for the points, but still this exp, drop, sp time limit thing just sounds awful and none the less if it is put in 60% or more of the people will leave this game
  • Azizsixer - Raging Tide
    Azizsixer - Raging Tide Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Looking forward to this maint! Gona decide if to continue play or give up after this one :D

Fav pet....hmmmm....the kitten b:chuckle
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    DQ thing is fine low lvl DQ gave little coin as is and as some have pointted out doing the quest can give you more money, well use to that is and you can always sell to shops that buy for the points, but still this exp, drop, sp time limit thing just sounds awful and none the less if it is put in 60% or more of the people will leave this game

Yeah except you have a 102 to send coin to your low lvl if you want new people don't have that option and this is just going to make it hard for them to make money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    A lot of those changes look geared to fix PWC's bad botting issue.

Which we don't have as bad a case of.

I like the huge bunnies.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Catal - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Yes thats what im hoping for is that they dont add on those changes because we dont have those same issues the two games have differences example they cant hyper frost so lets hope they keep this 8 hour deal over there and just give us the TW and not sure if any of you seen but you can see the stats before you recast your R8/ NV in this new patch but if you chose not to take them it leaves the old stats but takes your mats tbh i kinda like that if they put that in
  • Catal - Lost City
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Ohh and i have to say baby dragon all the way as best pet
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I'm going with the Hamster.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Baby Drake hands down because it's a cute dragon, as well as it reminds me of Mushu in Milan!
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Red Butterfly. I hardly see them and I won one by doing miniscule damage in the 4th of july event last year as a level 30 cleric among level 100's.

I'm terribly concerned about the rumors I've heard in this update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    The sage/demon tigers! So cute! D:

Shandaar has a demon one and Kieran has a sage one. I love how adorable they look when they roll on the ground. They're fluffy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary
    Herne_Hunter - Sanctuary Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    there used to be a fellow troll named Hamstaaah!! any one know where he is ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I want to go back to the time when innocence was Natural, getting high meant, on a swing. Drinking meant lemonade. Dad was the only Hero. Love was Mom's hug. Dad's shoulder was the highest place on earth. Worst enemies were siblings.
    Hurts were Bleeding knees. Broken things were only Toys. Goodbyes meant only till tomorrow!

Life has changed a lot ....

Hasn't it .. ?? ..b:sad
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    No, but talking about hamsters, I miss MagicHamsta :'( He was one of the best things our forums ever had, a long time ago...
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Baby Drake hands down because it's a cute dragon, as well as it reminds me of Mushu in Milan!

Mulan* b:angry

I'm a fan of the Luminance pet, but I also like my wicked fishy, but I also like the bone dragon thingamajig, and I like the demon tiger cub.... **** it I'm not picking, I won't be a part of such favortism. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I like my little mushu, but he's been dwarfed by all the giant pets lately. Need to have a roided out version of him. :D
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    manual pacth 653-658 that astrelle posted isnt working :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks