[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 8-7-2012 [COMPLETE]

Options

Comments

• Pinkpearl - Sanctuary
    Pinkpearl - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    it was short just around 2 sec. one quick hard drop here in San Gabriel
    Oh, then, definitely, I was too busy washing my hair and enjoying the cold water so much that I didn't feel the quake because you're in San Gabriel could feel it while I'm in Monterey Park didn't feel it b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ひとりきり佇んでいた風の中
    幸せの名前をそっと呼びました。
    優しい嘘を付いてきらきらと笑っていたい、いつも
  • Beata - Raging Tide
    Beata - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Hey all,

We will be having server maintenance tonight from 11pm to 1am Pacific, during which time the PWI servers will not be accessible. Please plan your night of gaming accordingly.

And for tonight's maintenance question:

What's your favorite all-class pet in the game and why?

Thanks,

-The PWI Team

Hm what's my favorite all-class pet?????None!!!I like only those pet who venos can made in the game....otherwise it loses all meaning venomancer's in the game .I feel discriminated against as venos.Venos should be made pets for all-class not the game..This is our jobb:sadb:cryb:surrender
  • MadameFrost - Heavens Tear
    MadameFrost - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Manual Patch: http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_653-658.cup (139MB)

This is the Reflection content update.

Unofficial change list is here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=17411021#post17411021

Wow Gms, are you serious? Don't you think you ruined the game as it is. Now your adding a farming timer? Who comes up with these ideas?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bow Down to me, your Queen. For it is Me that brings the Lustrous beauty of winter among Perfect world, without me, There is no Perfection in the world
    b:cute
    -MadameFrost b:heart
  • fansouthcorea
    fansouthcorea Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why not 2xdropb:sadb:thanksb:sad
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Wow Gms, are you serious? Don't you think you ruined the game as it is. Now your adding a farming timer? Who comes up with these ideas?

Actually "farming timer" is anti-bot system.

If you are normal player, you can't farm more than 8 hours per day in most cases.
  • Purriginal - Raging Tide
    Purriginal - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Why not 2xdropb:sadb:thanksb:sad

Theres always one b:surrenderb:laugh
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:tired Boy, if I knew it was going to take this long waiting for official patch notes I'd have gone to sleep hours ago. I don't even want to get in game, I just want to know if they broke it or not so I can warn my facmates about it <_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:tired Boy, if I knew it was going to take this long waiting for official patch notes I'd have gone to sleep hours ago. I don't even want to get in game, I just want to know if they broke it or not so I can warn my facmates about it <_<

b:cry
    I just wanna set catshop and log into the afk xp room and sleep.

Finally, something I'm good at!

And I love your sig!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

If you are normal player, you can't farm more than 8 hours per day in most cases.

Best anti-bot system is GMs in game cursing the map doing their jobs. It's not that the map is so huge or heavily populated anymore that one per server couldn't do it efficiently. Would cut down on a lot of other issues in game too. Timer is a lazy "we don't want to have to deal with it" approach.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Best anti-bot system is GMs in game cursing the map doing their jobs. It's not that the map is so huge or heavily populated anymore that one per server couldn't do it efficiently. Would cut down on a lot of other issues in game too. Timer is a lazy we don't want to have to deal with it approach.

^^ that +10
  • ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Its still going to be quite annoying on 2x or on weekends.

Lets say you do BH in the morning, then your timer runs and runs and when your friends get on in the evening ... your not even able to do stuff with them or even help in a TT if they die on 3-1 beast boss without **** the drops up. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:cry
    I just wanna set catshop and log into the afk xp room and sleep.

Finally, something I'm good at!

And I love your sig!

Ditto, the afk exp system sound's pretty good. Then maybe my partner's neglected characters would get some play time and I can do more work :D

b:thanks And thanks! Just finished drawing it tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Best anti-bot system is GMs in game cursing the map doing their jobs. It's not that the map is so huge or heavily populated anymore that one per server couldn't do it efficiently. Would cut down on a lot of other issues in game too. Timer is a lazy "we don't want to have to deal with it" approach.

Guess the bots only get 8 hours of botting a day instead of 24... could be worse I guess b:chuckle
    D: or now they have to switch chars every 8 hours b:shocked quel dommage!
  • Omnicon - Dreamweaver
    Omnicon - Dreamweaver Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So you're saying someone can't farm more the 8 hours a day and not be a bot.

Challenge: Accepted.

Should be easy seeing as I'm already logged in 90% of my time and generally active (like literally there, I don't believe in botting :P) for about 70% of it, that's well over 8 hours. (Yes, I have no life. b:laugh)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Guess the bots only get 8 hours of botting a day instead of 24... could be worse I guess b:chuckle
    D: or now they have to switch chars every 8 hours b:shocked quel dommage!

How much you want to bet they already have a code for that written.

Should be easy seeing as I'm already logged in 90% of my time and generally active (like literally there, I don't believe in botting :P) for about 70% of it, that's well over 8 hours. (Yes, I have no life. b:laugh)

In the old days all you could do was log in and grind. 8 hours was nothing, still is with a day off and nothing better to do. This is really just a sad sad change if it is indeed in our version. Dq reduction in the CN version was also carried over before. With the previous track record I'm betting this will be in ours as well.
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    There's no mention of the 8 hour fatigue thing, or the DQ sale reduction in the news post.

However I eagerly await official patch-notes ! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TenshiHakase - Dreamweaver
    TenshiHakase - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Nannanananananannananananananananana
    no.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    How much you want to bet they already have a code for that written.

Its been a few hours... so I bet it's a sure thing b:surrender
  • Zgod - Lost City
    Zgod - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    b:surrender its past 1 :< and its not up
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    well this expansion will be funny! HEY PWI, people here aren't going to leave this game to play another one of your titles! Nice tryb:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • Riverwillows - Sanctuary
    Riverwillows - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I live in LA and didn't feel it.
    Maybe, I was busy with shampoo and cold water when the quake happened.
    Been in the shower since the server was down until 10 minutes ago.

Super hot day sucks b:beatup

I felt it. Just a little shaker, nothing big. Happens all the time.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options

Roll a Cleric/Sin/BM on Loth so I have a farming partner then. I'm on too often because I have nothing else to do, at least not these days, and it gets boring without people to play with. b:sad
  • Riverwillows - Sanctuary
    Riverwillows - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Geez....10 mins past the hour.....when will it be done updating??
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Geez....10 mins past the hour.....when will it be done updating??

Soon... As always... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Roll a Cleric/Sin/BM on Loth so I have a farming partner then. I'm on too often because I have nothing else to do, at least not these days, and it gets boring without people to play with. b:sad

Still not making friends Zan? We all miss you so much...
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That works.
    Had a GM come "visit" me in PWMY when i was farming the same route for 24 hours on end.

GM: Hey there, can you say something?
    Me: Like what?
    GM: Have fun on your adventures.
    edited August 2012
    Options
    That works.
    Had a GM come "visit" me in PWMY when i was farming the same route for 24 hours on end.

GM: Hey there, can you say something?
    Me: Like what?
    GM: Have fun on your adventures.

Yep that's all it takes.

Soon... As always... b:avoid

6 months later.................................
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
  • Judor - Dreamweaver
    Judor - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I miss you zan! Come one shot me so I can drop 50m worth of stuff again!
  • crushed23
    crushed23 Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    8hour ? DQ 1 coin? Really hope not ... all 30+ of us are gonna move on to a different Non-PWE game if that happens ): our group rather not move but we will have to D: