Money making : How to do it.

Comments

• KanataX - Heavens Tear
    KanataX - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    wtf how? I tried those a year ago and didn't give me ****.

Are you referring to the survey ones? i also tried a lot of them and 99% of the time I got nothing out of it, so I don't bother trying now. The ones i completed that got me all the ZEn were the trial offer ones. Namely the Netflix free trial (which gives 1k ZEN) and one other, I can't remember which it was, but it gave me 700 ZEN. Then I just watched some of the video ones to earn some extra silver to cover the AH fee on selling the gold.

Go to the Earn ZEN page, then in the tabs at the top click on 'More', then more options should appear. Select trial from the drop-down menu and you will find the offers I mentioned above there.

Hope this helpsb:surrender
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The best method I've found is to go to the 'Earn ZEN' tab and do the free trial offers. They don't require any sort of payment, just valid CC details. This will get you around 15-20 mill, then with this you can start merchanting :)

Just so it's stated for the record: if you want to start merchanting you don't need 15-20 mil to do it, nor do you need to buy or otherwise get zen at any point. Get together enough coins to buy a handful of tokens of luck, or a few mirages, and that'll get you started doing type-2 merchanting right there. If you can't afford even that much, you can type-1 merchant to get up to it starting with as little as a couple thousand coin.
  • KanataX - Heavens Tear
    KanataX - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    shopitup wrote: »
    Just so it's stated for the record: if you want to start merchanting you don't need 15-20 mil to do it, nor do you need to buy or otherwise get zen at any point. Get together enough coins to buy a handful of tokens of luck, or a few mirages, and that'll get you started doing type-2 merchanting right there. If you can't afford even that much, you can type-1 merchant to get up to it starting with as little as a couple thousand coin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you need vast amounts of money to merchant. It just helps with buying higher volume, and therefore bring in more profits per cycle.b:surrender
  • AxEyes - Lost City
    AxEyes - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hey Liis :) indeed is a nice guide
  • SnipersShot - Heavens Tear
    SnipersShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    cute cat anime girl O.Ob:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavens Tear - Primo Former Vongola's Boss since 2012-2014
    vongola.omgforum.net

"The pride we hold in our hearts will be nothing more than false hope if nothing to protect and thus we must make sure we protect Vongola ."
    - Primo Former Boss SnipersShot
  • galaxyfae
    galaxyfae Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hello all, Amiris here. Felt like making a short guide on moneymaking, because it seems the majority of newer people have trouble keeping up with equipment, and nearly every high lvl player complains about skill costs. First of all, don't mind my avatar. My main is NOT lvl 42. She's higher. Amiris is my forum char because the rest of my avatars are bugged.
    Anyway, on to the actual guide. I'll divide the concept of money making into two subcategories.

1) Making money
    2) Saving the money you've made

Should be reasonable enough. Alright, on to making money.
    I'll list several effective ways to do this.

A) Grind.

Fairly obvious. When grinding, you get lots of money and item drops. Pick them ALL up, unless there's some insane swarm of monsters on top of it and you can't handle them. Do NOT ignore the money drops, even though there seems to be so little money. It builds up. A player lvling from 1-20 without picking up any money missed out on, on average, about 50-60K. And those are the easy no-grind lvls.
    Also, sell any drops you may get to the NPC. This includes Dragon Quest drops, unless you're actually able to sell them to other players. I wouldn't count on that. From my own experiences, it's best to sell every single DQ drop to the NPC, unless you're really desperate to upgrade your bank.
    Items you should keep :
    -Things you may need, such as potions
    -Good equipment (good equipment is any BLUE two-star item or better. Explanation below.)
    -Materials if you need them
    Just for comparison, at lvl 45, my Venomancer made about 100K while grinding 30%.

B) Help people

Sounds odd, doesn't it. "But Amiris, I don't want to get paid for helping people." That's right, you don't. Helping people just because they'll pay you isn't exactly nice. However, it does work the other way around. People may pay you just because you helped them. Like a Ch'in squad needing a Cleric, those aren't exactly rare, and they'll often end up paying the Cleric for their help. Other such occasions are helping people with a dungeon (without wine. You don't get paid for a wined run.), or crafting items for others (provided they give you the materials).

C) Sell the good items

To players, that is. If you got a nice equipment drop from a monster, your best option would be to sell it to a player, because they're usually worth a lot more than the NPC will pay you. Good equipment is usually a blue-named two-star item with decent stats (By which I mean a magic weapon with accuracy does NOT have decent stats). Now, there's three types of people:
    -People who sell their items through chat. This is usually not a great option. Trade chat in West Archo can get you a buyer sometimes, but it's usually not very effective.
    -People who sell their items through a 'cat shop'. This is a good option for the medium-priced items.
    -People who sell their items through the auction. This is a great option for the medium to high-priced items. You can set a minimum bid (and a buyout price), then just go grind. After 24 hours, the item will get sold to the highest bidder (earlier if someone payed the buyout price). Downside is that you have to pay to use the auction. Costs are negligible though, just make sure you'll get more money out of it than you put in.

D) Farm
    "What, I'm not a farmer!" No, but you should farm materials. Anytime you see a material, grab it. They sell high and they're quite common, especially at the higher lvls, when you're the only one around to grab it. It's usually best to decide what materials you'll grab though, as bank space is limited. If you have to decide, pick either herbs or the rest.

E) FB's are great exp

But they're horrible for money. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT lvl doing just call to duties for the reward. There is NO money reward, and you won't get a lot of drops in dungeons. You may get lucky and get a mold, but don't count on it. Do an fb every once in a while, don't constantly stand in towns asking for call to duties.
    How does this make money? Because it relates to grinding. No fb's = more grinding = more money.

There, that's basic money making. Now, how to save the money you've made.

A) Walk, fly, run, swim

"Uhh, I do that already." Yes, but not enough. Way too many people teleport around places. Put it this way : If you're paying to teleport around Archosaur, or paying the -I think- 5K to go from Sumor Camp to Swiftwind Tribe, you're wasting your money. You may think it's not a lot, but it really builds up. Teleporting is the number 1 mistake people make regarding their money. I generally only teleport between the following places :
    -The three main cities : They're relatively far from each other, and I'll admit it's quite dull to fly between them as much as you should. Therefore, I teleport between these.
    -City of the Lost -> Wellspring Village : My gateway to Archosaur. It costs 200 coins, and flying from there to Archosaur takes about 2 minutes. Saves you 2.8K.
    -The towns from lvl 1-20 : Eh, it's only 200 coins, you can make that back from a single monster. You have to walk too much at the lower lvls otherwise.
    Also, if you have TW teleports in your faction, use them wisely, because they're awesome.

Edit: The FREE teleport to Archosaur. Starting at lvl 40, if you want to get to Archosaur, go to a main town (the lvl 1 and 2 territory towns) and go to the Adventure Assistant and Khatru Pup. Have either teleport you into the Cube of Fate, then talk to the Exit manager in there to warp to Archosaur. Free teleport, use it.

B) Don't buy NPC items

NPC items are NOT worth the price you pay for them, though I suppose shards are an exception to that rule. If you need items, buy them from players or the auction. This especially goes for equipment. Usually, blue two-stars in the auction are cheaper than white 1-star NPC items.

C) Don't buy stuff cause it's pretty

Too often do I see this: people buying three-stars with horrible stats just because they glow. Or imbuing elemental shards into your equipment, just for the looks. That's a LOT of money down the drain. And a blue weapon isn't really exceptional either - don't expect to be seen as a god just cause you have one.

D) Boutique Clothes don't do anything

So don't get them unless you really, really want them. And even then, make sure you can really spare the money. Boutique Clothes are only there to look nice. I suppose this falls under C a bit...

E) Only get the good skills

Don't waste your money just to try a skill out. Read the description, look it up, then decide whether or not you want it. For example, many wizards want to get Hailstorm, it's an AoE and all. However, the skill is totally rubbish. Money (and SP) wasted.

F) Forums first

Got a question? Ask it on the forums. Don't waste teleacoustics on world chat to get an answer to a simple question. I, for one, look at the forums every 30 minutes or so, to see if there's unanswered questions.

So there you have it. Hope that helped some of you newer players, and maybe even a couple higher lvls. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, and feel free to submit anything you think should be added.

Mostly, I save around 500 to 1000 each week if I have more than 5000 gold...Its helps me save money while I traveling slaying monsters and also collecting items and missions to complete... I help this advise help new people or just people who have money problems. b:victoryb:thanks
  • Mystic_Ali - Dreamweaver
    Mystic_Ali - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally, if you're logged in and participate in killing monsters in Attack on arch you can make up to 1mil in about 2-3 hours. They drop lots of DQ and reputation badges, its really worth checking out if you haven't already! b:victory
  • kanalvoon
    kanalvoon Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • bigredhead2
    bigredhead2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What a great guideb:victory
  • since1879
    since1879 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    helpful, thx a lot.
  • althena534
    althena534 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jadelion wrote: »
    I don't know if it's just me but during questing and griniding I notice that many people don't pick up their drops for some reason so I just pick everything I see and npc it b:laugh more for me!

I do the same thing! ;v) You snooze you lose! ;v)
  • katsuma123
    katsuma123 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree you sell the items to NPCsb:kiss THIS IS THE GUIDE IM LOOKING FORb:shy
  • WhiteRosa - Archosaur
    WhiteRosa - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Edited guide by adding fb's to the list of making money. Or rather, by saying fb's don't make you money.

b:thanks Great guide!I started playing 3-4 years ago and well I wasnt doing any of this.But now since this is up,i'll be making sooooo many chars just to get money and stuff!Lol x3 b:chuckle
    b:cute You jelly bro?You should be~b:cute
  • haldir86
    haldir86 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you very much for your advise and tips.
  • canibalpanda
    canibalpanda Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wow thanks a lot for this. Looking back I was wasting A LOT of money on teleports, especially to and from the fb's. I actually took your advice and have saved up quite a bit. also like Someone said before me, I cleaned out my bank and made... well bank.
  • razvan123321
    razvan123321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i try like 2 year to farm coins on all server but at low lvl cant do anythingb:sad
  • werewolf1master
    werewolf1master Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    my gf is lvl 101 so i think ill be good
  • kuureine
    kuureine Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really enjoyed this tutorial. It was not only helpful but, useful and well organised. I understood perfectly and I will use this knowledge to better attain myself in game play when I begin. As I am brushing up on information while my game downloads and I start my adventure on PWI.
  • Aloutis - Sanctuary
    Aloutis - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    just an lil lol
  • FrostLord - Dreamweaver
    FrostLord - Dreamweaver Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    NICEb:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • SlyHeart - Harshlands
    SlyHeart - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    This is awesome. Thanks for posting! ^ ^
  • Areba - Heavens Tear
    Areba - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    From first time I start to play i collectected al drops and sold useless stuff, but I made a big mistake. Because I am a lazy I spent to much money on teleports and I lost 200-300 just for useless teleports.
  • ahorsethief
    ahorsethief Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Bump once again.

re:PW Boutique Agent
  • zenkanotachi
    zenkanotachi Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    About the DQ items, are they still valuable?
    Since I'm picking up Soft Furs and they sell for "1"
    b:embarrass

(I started after 3 years again... Lol)
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012

The 21 and 31 level ones can still be sold in the auction house as people need them for the bank quest. As for the DQ items, a solution is being looked into. So just be patient.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You can also do a quest using those called Dragon Quest, the quest reward received usually sells for quite a bit. (around 100k coin on Sanc)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • GrazieElis - Heavens Tear
    GrazieElis - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Originally Posted by Amiris
    E) FB's are great exp

But they're horrible for money. Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT lvl doing just call to duties for the reward. There is NO money reward, and you won't get a lot of drops in dungeons. You may get lucky and get a mold, but don't count on it. Do an fb every once in a while, don't constantly stand in towns asking for call to duties.
    How does this make money? Because it relates to grinding. No fb's = more grinding = more money

Not even at the higher lvls? like 89 or the 100 bhs? (although Im not sure what they are)
    How do people make so much $??? I seen some people talking about spending 50m worth of gold! thats amazing to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Clerics are the ones for me..
    ~Not that hard to see~
  • Yeaves - Archosaur
    Yeaves - Archosaur Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    BH 100 isn't horrible for money. There's a chance to get 1 mil or 5 mil cards.
    *I never thought Perfect world was beautiful... till I discovered that my graphics' quality settings were on low*
  • jaris398
    jaris398 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this really helped alot of people. thank you.