Assassins what pisses you guys off or just annoys you when in a squad?

Options
uncleblademaster
uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Assassin
Asked in Mystic Cleric and Barbarian sub forums. Now I ask it here to see what you guys think. Lol

Tell me. :)

Is it something someone has to say that just makes you leave squad? It could even come down to pet peeves if any.
Post edited by uncleblademaster on

Comments

• CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Asked in Mystic Cleric and Barbarian sub forums. Now I ask it here to see what you guys think. Lol

Tell me. :)

Is it something someone has to say that just makes you leave squad? It could even come down to pet peeves if any.

Stupid/needy people. /thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Stupid/needy people. /thread

Lol well that's not very nice and notice I said SQUAD. Give real answers instead of throwing around insults. Lol
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Other sins that refuse to use chill/discuss who takes aggro if there are many sins in squad.

Also it kinda bugs me when I ask for heals when going to tank bosses (if no barbs in squad and obviously other classes at same lvl cant hold aggro against me if I dont use chill) and she refuses and screams we need better tank (though I'd be just fine with the boss)
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    JinxRake - Momaganon Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Other sins refusing to use Rib Strike when I'm tanking.

Barbs that are lower level than me and won't leave me along to tank a boss in a BH.

People screaming at me that I should get that or that or that mob off them, when I'm freaking engaged with a boss at that time. I run I die folks, leave me do my job.

People asking for BP but not accepting party invite when I send it to them.

And this one just irks me: people calling me to help with some low level BH and then bringing in other high level people. Guys, I can beat up Qingzi without my daggers at this point in time if I really want to, no reason to bring other people in, much less a freaking R9 Wizard.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lol well that's not very nice and notice I said SQUAD. Give real answers instead of throwing around insults. Lol

lol? stupid/needy people in squad are annoying :p
    you only purge once #yopo
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    Options

Sorry, obviously you're someone important and I need to be nice. I totally didn't know what I did wrong, thanks for enlightening me upon my very direct and honest comment.

I didn't know you wanted something more specific and deep with a very long drawn out answer.

In case you can't read, let me put it in small words. Oh wait, I already did that.
    /sarcasm

On topic, assassins that don't know what Ribstrike is.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And this one just irks me: people calling me to help with some low level BH and then bringing in other high level people. Guys, I can beat up Qingzi without my daggers at this point in time if I really want to, no reason to bring other people in, much less a freaking R9 Wizard.
    JESUS CHRIST! FINALLY someone who gets pissed by this too!
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    When people underestimate me.

Also anti-insert_faction_name people too.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hokay...

If there are two sins in squad and one is obviously the tank, the other should rib strike.

Sins that refine for hp but leave their ornies/rings at +2

Barbs that Flesh Ream. Rather, Barbs that don't devour and spend their time doing other things like Flesh Reaming or auto attacking. Devour.

I was in a skype with a couple of friends, all of which have a ton of alts so we do like 4-5 BHs together each changing toons in between. The barb didn't know I was the sin during a Metal, and at the boss I grabbed aggro and he says "That stoopid sin. Taking Aggro on this boss" and people start laughing because he didn't know I was the sin. Ofc, tanked the boss and adv boss no problem. This "I R tank" mentality, or "sin's can't tank that" mentality annoys me. Same thing when you see a "We need a tank for xxxxx boss" and you pm 'sin' and they say "we need someone that can tank and ignore you. I know this is because so many sins fail at tanking (that same skype group has a 5.4k hp G16 sin...) but many of us also rock.

Delta 2 BH days... "Need aoe dd". I'm sorry, but I have a zerk weapon, Subsea, frenzy, Tangling Mire, Chill of the deep, and chi skills so that I can trip spark before using my two aoes and drop 40-120k bombs depending on the zerk. That's not the true for all sins, but getting rejected by squads because a. 'I'm not aoe dd' or b. 'we already have 1 sin' is ****. For about 20 seconds I out dd my G15 seeker and by then almost everything is dead. Delta 2 is pretty much soloable by anyone with decent gear and all these squad makers try to make the perfect squad "cleric, barb, seeker, bm, wizard, sin/archer/psy" for what amounts to about the same level of difficulty as BH59.

H&Ts on level 100s. H&Ts on level 95s, too, but it's hard convincing idiots to give up aps for dph and dps by going Pixie Piercers.

Sage sin's that don't rebuff revived squad mates while they say "paint please. Paint. Can I please get paint? Can you paint me?" and then absolutely flip when you overwrite their paint to buff the person who didn't have it. Should have paid attention.

BM's that can't time HF. If you're out dding your squadmates by 2:1, 4:1, 6:1... and they're not HFing your spark you should stop attacking the boss and stab them.

...think that about covers it for now.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sorry, obviously you're someone important and I need to be nice. I totally didn't know what I did wrong, thanks for enlightening me upon my very direct and honest comment.

I didn't know you wanted something more specific and deep with a very long drawn out answer.

In case you can't read, let me put it in small words. Oh wait, I already did that.
    /sarcasm

I wasn't expecting some paragraphs, just tell me what annoys you when being in a squad. Was that really hard for you to do at first? Lol, if you couldn't do that when you first answered this question, then you shouldn't have come to this thread.

In short, i wish you just sticked to "On topic, :assassins that don't know what Ribstrike is."
    in the first place and not start **** when it's a simple question. Lol like really.

Wait, are you saying stupid/needy people in squad are annoying? Or were you referring to this thread and it's poster. Lol
  • uncleblademaster
    edited July 2012
    Options
    lol? stupid/needy people in squad are annoying :p

Was that what he meant? I thought he was referring to me and this thread, lol
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    edited July 2012
    Options
    JESUS CHRIST! FINALLY someone who gets pissed by this too!

I know, right? Also people that keep insisting "I'll bring my healer in too if you can't handle it. I think I'll bring him anyway." just as you're cutting down some boss or another. If I need a healer, I'll ask for it, we're not all senseless idiots with a God complex. A bit of credit would be nice from time to time.

Also...yes, Sins tend to be kinda OP, but in the name of God please stop reminding us. I'm killing Myriad with ease at level 90, my Seeker friends have been doing it for almost 20 levels now. If I come in to help with a BH and I keep getting "SO OP LOL." I just get the urge to drop the squad.

I hate competing with Barbs for aggro. Next time one does this I'll just switch to Chill and let him keep the boss for all I care. We'll be there until kingdom come, but at least he has his precious aggro.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Barbs that are affraid to engage more then 2 mobs, or worse, fistbarbs that use fists for mobcleaning part of an instance. Unfortunately, this is most barbs now.

Venos that don't seem to have pets. Why even play a veno ?

Archers that don't use any of their bow skills. I know all the permaspark blabla, but at least use BoA and ST from time to time.

Clerics that instantly revive when someone dies and cause a squadwhipe with that. At least give a few IH to the tank when you drop bb.

BMs that have only fists and occasionally hf. So many aoe's on that class, get some decent axes/hammers/pole plz.

Wizards that drop an ulti right at start before any tank got aggro.

Mystics that don't keep track on their revive buff, or only cast it on cleric because it costs mp.

Seekers that don't lvl their "shatter" except for the physical/metal one.

Psychics that don't know when to use which buff on who. If they got a good weapon, it's even worse.

Sins that spark in front of boss without giving it a little poke first. Also sins that don't know that subsea is an aoe.

EDIT : Don't know why I posted from barb b:avoid
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Players who use Zeal to pull when there's a perfectly capable veno or mystic in squad. Especially in 59 where is now seems next to impossible to use Zeal then run without pulling the guard mobs.
    This is a little off topic but has anyone else noticed this? I swear it seems any skill cast while targeting a mob/boss will aggro it's buddies like an attack. I kid you not, one time I was in , I believe, Abaddon at Peach and I pulled her and half the mobs...by freaking casting Wolf Emblem while having Peach targeted.

(I know that sounds more like something that pisses me off as a player in general rather than as a sin, but I only play one other toon, so they are the same thing to me :3)
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Barbs that Flesh Ream. Rather, Barbs that don't devour and spend their time doing other things like Flesh Reaming or auto attacking. Devour.

Devour is the *last* thing I want that barb to do. Devour makes me do more damage. I do more damage, I get aggro. If it's Metal, or Abba/SoT BH, I die. I want that barb to do what barbs do - hold aggro while I poke the **** out of it. Spam the **** outa FleshReam - keep it's attention on you (the TANK) and offa *me* (the squishy DD).

\barb main
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I hate competing with Barbs for aggro. Next time one does this I'll just switch to Chill and let him keep the boss for all I care. We'll be there until kingdom come, but at least he has his precious aggro.

I understand taking 4 minutes to kill the boss instead of 2 minutes for *you* to kill the boss is important, especially since you have to be at the gym in 26 minutes...
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Venos that don't seem to have pets. Why even play a veno ?

Archers that don't use any of their bow skills. I know all the permaspark blabla, but at least use BoA and ST from time to time.

I would imagine that venos are becoming a bit like clawarchers for Nirvana. It's easy to get a veno to 100 and get them Sage/Demon Amplify Damage. After that, as long as you can survive, you pretty much got a spot in any Nirvana squad. So for those people, obviously getting a good pet would be secondary.

As for Archers. Personally, I was told off tons of times in FCC for using STA at all in any situation, so I just completely stopped using. As for BoA, in most situations it's way overkill and not worth the 2 spark investment. The only places where I would use BoA would be Warsong and Delta.
    Sins that spark in front of boss without giving it a little poke first. Also sins that don't know that subsea is an aoe.

This kind of behavior is largely due to BMs. When you're in a random squad, the BM pretty much always starts with an HF on a boss. Thus, a lot of people would go to melee range, spark and start attacking right away to maximize the time they can autoattack while HF is active. Personally I just shrug it off as being a **** BM.
    Devour is the *last* thing I want that barb to do. Devour makes me do more damage. I do more damage, I get aggro. If it's Metal, or Abba/SoT BH, I die. I want that barb to do what barbs do - hold aggro while I poke the **** out of it. Spam the **** outa FleshReam - keep it's attention on you (the TANK) and offa *me* (the squishy DD).

\barb main

Any barb isn't going to keep aggro from any kind of autoattacking sin at 100+. If you want the barb to keep aggro, the best thing you can do is cast Chill, stop sparking and instead use your skills. That'll keep the aggro on the barb.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • JinxRake - Momaganon
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I understand taking 4 minutes to kill the boss instead of 2 minutes for *you* to kill the boss is important, especially since you have to be at the gym in 26 minutes...

Actually not sure if sarcasm or straight...
    I'll assume sarcasm in that case and just add that I do prefer to finish fast a run that I've done a hundred times before simply so I can go do something different, chase a butterfly somewhere or just not be in BH51 for the millionth time. Why do I go anyway? Cuz I'm asked for help and I go help.
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Other sins who do not know that rib strike and subsea are good skills to use on bosses... basically people who dont debuff a boss with their skills...
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Delta 2 BH days... "Need aoe dd". I'm sorry, but I have a zerk weapon, Subsea, frenzy, Tangling Mire, Chill of the deep, and chi skills so that I can trip spark before using my two aoes and drop 40-120k bombs depending on the zerk. That's not the true for all sins, but getting rejected by squads because a. 'I'm not aoe dd' or b. 'we already have 1 sin' is ****. For about 20 seconds I out dd my G15 seeker and by then almost everything is dead. Delta 2 is pretty much soloable by anyone with decent gear and all these squad makers try to make the perfect squad "cleric, barb, seeker, bm, wizard, sin/archer/psy" for what amounts to about the same level of difficulty as BH59.

Sins answering calls for other classes is on of my pet peeves while in squad. AOE isn't a sins specialty, and when someone world chats for aoe dd they want a class that specializes in it. I get tired of sins whispering me when I ask for something specific in world chat. Need healer. sin. Need bm. sin. Need aoe dd. sin. Besides that, I did used to invite sins on delta when I world chatted that. It was always a headache. And I have never once seen one that does what you're saying, so now I'm not wasting time on the off chance someone who has great refines, great weapon, and knows that they are doing will join my squad.

Let's see other sins who only know what spark+autoattack seem to do. Here is a hint, if you have a weapon refined slightly better than mine and the exact same gear. You should be able to do more damage than me.

Clerics that won't heal me because "I'm not the tank," all though that's much rarer these days.

Barbs that don't devour on the snake boss after they see another sin has pulled aggro and kept it. That sin is the tank now, I'd rather kill the boss before it aoe gets too strong. Then stand around holding the boss after it's inevitably killed that sin, only for it's aoe to eventually get too strong for the cleric, and casters, and me to survive. And end up having to reset it. That ish is annoying.

Sins that don't know how to use focused mind, tidal, deaden nerves, ribstrike, powerdash, subsea, or occasionally even wolf emblem.

BMs that don't know how to time HF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Oh, that's another thing, when my faction isn't running a BH delta, and I see one in WC looking for an AoE DD, and they reject me, then I just laugh at their ignorance.

Apparently 200k zerk crit Subseas and Rifts aren't "AoE DD" worthy. Not to mention Toxic Torrent as another fan AoE. Rift has an 8 sec CD as well, so it's possible to cast it twice within a spark.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

\barb main

I wonder have you ever read the devour description properly.

Devour _increases_ barb's own aggro after barb's aggro has been engaged. Thus, if you as barb for example spark, get chi from pot/bestial, ream, alacrity, ream again and then spam devour, the aggro of boss is towards barb because devour is a threatening skill.
    Also, devour grows all squad members' attack. Yours, barb's, others.
    As said before, use chill and no spark if you don't want to get aggro, or wait barb to engage the aggro well.
    If you refuse, you are the one who is tanking.
    Non-aps barb cannot hold against aps-sins. Never.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I wasn't expecting some paragraphs, just tell me what annoys you when being in a squad. Was that really hard for you to do at first? Lol, if you couldn't do that when you first answered this question, then you shouldn't have come to this thread.

In short, i wish you just sticked to "On topic, :assassins that don't know what Ribstrike is."
    in the first place and not start **** when it's a simple question. Lol like really.
    l

Edit: I answered both of those questions, I don't know why you're getting worked up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Devour _increases_ barb's own aggro after barb's aggro has been engaged. Thus, if you as barb for example spark, get chi from pot/bestial, ream, alacrity, ream again and then spam devour, the aggro of boss is towards barb because devour is a threatening skill.
    As said before, use chill and no spark if you don't want to get aggro, or wait barb to engage the aggro well.

While that is true, the pdef debuff of Devour is going to make it easier for the sins to get aggro, as it'll greatly increase the damage they deal.

Also lol @ sins complaining about barbs not keeping aggro off of them and then dying like flies.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Also lol @ sins complaining about barbs not keeping aggro off of them and then dying like flies.

I lol'd too. xD
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Any barb isn't going to keep aggro from any kind of autoattacking sin at 100+. If you want the barb to keep aggro, the best thing you can do is cast Chill, stop sparking and instead use your skills. That'll keep the aggro on the barb.

If it's not a *spark* macro, I (on my 101 demon actual tank barb) can keep aggro from my 101 r8 +10 (2.50) sage sin on autoattack. Because I fleshream *constantly* and know how to hold aggro. Sadly, tank barbs are harder to find than venos anymore. Everyone has either retired and uninstalled or rerolled for claws, to become a fuzzy BM.

I know I have to struggle to make sure I don't steal aggro - we just need more barbs who will actually struggle to *hold* aggro. They all seem to want to autoattack anymore.
    edited July 2012
    Options

Why yes, I have read the description "properly". But since you've decided to get cranky about it, here's the text from Ecatomb.

Snap at the opponent, dealing base physical damage plus
    585.1. Reduces enemy's physical defense by 23%
    for 10 seconds, and increases your threat level.
    Reduce target's Attack Level by 1. Lasts for 4 seconds.

Reducing the targets physdef will allow me as a sin @ 3.33 to hit the *physical debuffed* boss 33 times in the time the barb can hit it 10 times (if the barb just autoattacks!. Fleshream costs 4.3 seconds between channel and cast and cooldown, so *2* fleshreams in the time I hit it 33 times.)

Even unsparked, I *will* do more damage to the boss, by an order of magnitude - fleshream or not. Adding the phys debuff is like making me 4.0.

Personally, I have one hell of a time trying to remember *I'm not a barb anymore* when I'm slapping the boss on my assassin. I even do my best not to lecture the barb, only quietly suggest things to do, if I think the barb would even listen. Sometimes, the barb's just an @ss.

b:laugh

Otherwise, I step back and use my bow.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's been quite a while since there has been a time I needed to not take/hold agro as a sin.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Oh, that's another thing, when my faction isn't running a BH delta, and I see one in WC looking for an AoE DD, and they reject me, then I just laugh at their ignorance.

Apparently 200k zerk crit Subseas and Rifts aren't "AoE DD" worthy. Not to mention Toxic Torrent as another fan AoE. Rift has an 8 sec CD as well, so it's possible to cast it twice within a spark.

Well Skai you are supremely geared which is why you're getting such great aoes. But an average geared sin isn't doing that. Sins aren't the greatest aoe dders unless you have great gear with zerk crits and such. People aren't really being ignorant because they want a class that will do well in that department so long as they are at least average geared to be safe. Like I said, there are people like you and Sakubatou that could kick butt as an aoe dd. But do you really expect others to go on dozens of fail runs on the off chance someone like you might join the squad? Or would it make more sense to just reject sins outright and pick a class that specializes in aoe. Because the bar doesn't have to be so high for them to be successful at it. I suppose one could just ask for a weapon link, but that usually ticks off half the people with that grade of gear anyway. And the ones that would link happily are usually the ones that would just autoattack after a single earthen rift.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    That's the thing that made me a bit sad nowadays. It's either I link my weapon and get chastised for being OP, or I get rejected because they don't know how much damage I can do.

Tonight's the perfect example. It's BH Abaddon Leaf Rain Dryad, and I see about 5-6 squads on WC spamming looking for a barb for that. So I decided to try to help a squad out by asking if they wanted an OP sin instead to help out. Of all of the 5-6 squads, every single one rejected me.

So I decided to make a sin squad and wc'd to ask if any sins wanted BH aba. I got PM's asking if there was a barb/cleric in squad, and I replied that it was a sin squad, and each person laughed and said good luck.

No sin replied to my message, so I went and solo'd it after getting cleric buffs from a friend. No barb buffs, and I just solo'd it in about ~8 minutes.

All I wanted to do was help out the 5-6 squads by saving them time and killing the boss in a few seconds, but apparently I came off as an arrogant ****. It just left a disgusting taste in my mouth at how the community on RT has become.