Assassins what pisses you guys off or just annoys you when in a squad?

Options

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    The sins that pathetically don't know how to stay alive.
    Seriously, I'm a 7.5k sin, and if I spam apoths I can stay alive tanking Warsong Metal BH. And then I watch the sins with 10k HP and R9 die....

Learn to time your skills, cycle your immunities. A dead sin's dps is always lower than a sin's live dps. Simple math. Unless, ofc, your daggers heal the boss every time you attack (The new BH bosses ftw!)

Hey! Snake is a meanie w/o BB! =( Nothing like seeing if you can start Snake and see yourself get 1shot by 20 life points. But then again I`m not R9 either =(. Seriously speaking it depends a lot on squad, I know I tanked BH Snake back in days of 8.4k hp w/o apos. With bad squad I may actually swap to O`Malleys just to feel comfy with the current 9.4k, barb buffed to be fair =/. I`ll be close to breaking 9,8k next maint - vit stoning my pants if I dont run in terribad luck with anni packs.

Ps, Be mean to me again and I... I... I shall not run vana with you right after I get N2 to use my N3 mold!

Edit: If Im not mistaken, aba wont heal till after the reb buffs disappear. Least I`m pretty sure I remember pretty instant 600k hp jump whem idiots cant follow buff list. Oh the joy to tanking those runs with a sin <.<.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • akiobloodsoul
    akiobloodsoul Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    honestly i really do agree with the fact everyone disses sins yet if you build it right i have yet to meet a class the same lvl as me that can beat my sin and for the record my build is 1 vit 1 str and 3 dex until vit reaches 40 then its 2 str an3 dex try and stop me lol
  • So_Wet - Sanctuary
    So_Wet - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I honestly just hate when they underestimate you like just coz ur gear is slightly better than average doesnt mean u can tank lunar adv boss without heals lol :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hello World!
    Complete your First quest. July 30th 2009 b:victory
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I honestly just hate when they underestimate you like just coz ur gear is slightly better than average doesnt mean u can tank lunar adv boss without heals lol :/

I think the word you're looking for is overestimate.

But yes, that happens a lot. Seems like when a squad wipes at a boss and someone leaves, the go-to strategy is always to get another DD, rather than tell the DDs to let the damn barb/seeker keep the aggro.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

I handled cannon for 30s till he dropped me <.<. Was snap decision between hitting apo and saving it for when it matters - ended up being the wrong choice, though I managed to run in time for badge. Gotta bother farming more dews - Damn wood boss always forcing apo outta me.

@Olba: Actually, I did some fail bh metal with my narb or tried to, there simply wasnt enough DD in squad and they wiped when the boss started getting stronger. I felt bad for em, replaced barb with sin & got reasonably smooth BH done for em.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Forgot one but Skai already mentioned it. Hate it when im trying to be nice and hlpful by doing stuff for others (being a tank for egzample) or when im trying to explain and teach others if i have more experience and knowledge. Love it when they turn around and call me cocky and ignorant when all I wanted was to try and help them... Wish I had someone who would do stuff for me or explain things so I'd knew what to expect when I tried out new instances and stuff...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    When someone ask for a sin for abba bh and when you say "sin here" they ask for aps... then you link your g16 weap with int and good refine and he keep asking for aps...
    I mean c'mon g16 int weap, im not a 1.25 sin... i can even duo that boss with bb...

When someone ask for DD's for Delta stage 2 and when you say "sin here" and link your weap they say... "we need a stronger DD"
    So.... yeah.... g16 with CoD and spark while in hf can out dd a r8 seek for a few secs but they still think that a sin its not enough... i mean... its only stage 2! even a squad of 4 sins, 1bm and 1 cleric can do it....

When you say "i can tank the metal boss dw" and they keep saying "are you sure?, sins cant tank that boss"
    Oh jesus... im saying that i can do it, why you keep asking me the same?

When you are tanking and there is a second sin in squad that refuses to rib strike.

When you steal the agro in every boss from another sin in vana or w/e and he says "that was lucky" sure... luck on every boss.... who cares about the agro? actualy i wish you could take the agro so i dont have to tank, i dont want to waste my charm/pots...

When im the one tanking the boss and the cleric keeps healing the barb cuz "he is the tanker" i mean.. c'mon cant you see im the one tanking the boss?

When the barb pull just 2 or 3 mobs in abba/seat..... oh jesus... even i can pull more mobs, you are a barb what are you waiting for? want me to pull?

When every1 knows that the boss its going to silence the squad in 2 seconds and the bm hf just 1 second before the seal... at least pay atention to what the boss says... its not so hard...

When another sin who has better refine/sharded gear understimate you just bc you have
    less hp and then he dies like a noob tanking a boss...
    Ok so now its the point where you easily tank the boss just using some apo pots and he says that "you where lucky cuz that boss hit so friking hard, even i cant tank it"
    oh c'mon its not luck i did not avoided every hit... go learn how to use apo pots... jesus...
    and you call yourself "pro"?

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    When someone ask for a sin for abba bh and when you say "sin here" they ask for aps... then you link your g16 weap with int and good refine and he keep asking for aps...
    I mean c'mon g16 int weap, im not a 1.25 sin... i can even duo that boss with bb...

Time to equip some NPC fists and say that you're 5 aps? It's already a pretty well-documented case that the only time people seem to ignore "5aps" is when you're R9.
    When someone ask for DD's for Delta stage 2 and when you say "sin here" and link your weap they say... "we need a stronger DD"
    So.... yeah.... g16 with CoD and spark while in hf can out dd a r8 seek for a few secs but they still think that a sin its not enough... i mean... its only stage 2! even a squad of 4 sins, 1bm and 1 cleric can do it....

It depends a bit on the squad. If they have a BM, cleric and Wizard/Archer/Seeker, the rest can pretty much be whatever.

The thing is, a lot of people seem very keen on building a "perfect" squad. Barb, cleric, BM for anything, Seeker+Sin for Metal/Delta/Lunar and Veno if there is a leftover spot.
    When you say "i can tank the metal boss dw" and they keep saying "are you sure?, sins cant tank that boss"

Again, a bit understandable. Majority of sins cannot tank the boss, at least not unless the squad as significant dps.
    When you are tanking and there is a second sin in squad that refuses to rib strike.

Again, that varies. For example, I'm a Sage, so my Rib Strike is usually only better at the start for the 10% debuff. Heck, I got ******* out for using it in FCC back when I was in my 90s.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    Options

I agree 100% with everything u said but this point. I have a demon rib and demon subsea so I preffer to use them myself (even though I'm usually a tank and yes, its wasting time that I could spend on dealing dmg) but this isn't the main reason. Honestly... I'm so sick of sins that are only able to spark and auto attack anything they see, thn QQ about dying 5-10 times in one run... Ppl don't know how to use their skills and never do, not even to help the other tank, I doubt they even use it for themselves. If I go with a squad full of my friends that know my playing style very well and I know I can trust them with amping and ribbing for me, thn I only concentrate on my dmg, and staying alive. But with the random WC squads I preffer not to risk anymore.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I agree 100% with everything u said but this point. I have a demon rib and demon subsea so I preffer to use them myself (even though I'm usually a tank and yes, its wasting time that I could spend on dealing dmg) but this isn't the main reason. Honestly... I'm so sick of sins that are only able to spark and auto attack anything they see, thn QQ about dying 5-10 times in one run... Ppl don't know how to use their skills and never do, not even to help the other tank, I doubt they even use it for themselves. If I go with a squad full of my friends that know my playing style very well and I know I can trust them with amping and ribbing for me, thn I only concentrate on my dmg, and staying alive. But with the random WC squads I preffer not to risk anymore.. b:surrender

Fair enough but if you are spending 2.2 seconds to rib strike and 1.6 seconds to Subsea every 30 seconds of spark time they have 14.5% more sparked time than you. That's quite a bit of extra damage they get so they may become the one that's tanking anyways. Then we're back to one sin tanking and the other one rib striking. Unless their damage isn't even close to yours.

Was in a random Lunar squad last night and the cleric had 3.7k hp D: Kept dieing from boss aoes or would stand right where the advanced boss spawns and be instakilled. Basically, my squad had to do Lunar bosses clericless. That's okay, but I had 3 sins in squad and not a single one would ribstrike or rebuff after the boss purges. Luckily we had a very decent barb. I was trip sparking, HFing, bell spamming, and sometimes using my purge pole when bosses def buffed themselves but aggro was still bouncing between another sin and myself. That means two sins weren't tanking, weren't rib striking, and weren't repainting. It sucked.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Fair enough but if you are spending 2.2 seconds to rib strike and 1.6 seconds to Subsea every 30 seconds of spark time they have 14.5% more sparked time than you. That's quite a bit of extra damage they get so they may become the one that's tanking anyways. Then we're back to one sin tanking and the other one rib striking. Unless their damage isn't even close to yours.

Was in a random Lunar squad last night and the cleric had 3.7k hp D: Kept dieing from boss aoes or would stand right where the advanced boss spawns and be instakilled. Basically, my squad had to do Lunar bosses clericless. That's okay, but I had 3 sins in squad and not a single one would ribstrike or rebuff after the boss purges. Luckily we had a very decent barb. I was trip sparking, HFing, bell spamming, and sometimes using my purge pole when bosses def buffed themselves but aggro was still bouncing between another sin and myself. That means two sins weren't tanking, weren't rib striking, and weren't repainting. It sucked.

yup, exactly, but the sad thing is, most of the time I am the one ribbing, power dashing or subsea striking and.. still tanking b:sweat
    About the lunar part, I understand it can be rly annoying, I admit in most of my lunar runs If Im the one tanking, i dont even bother rebuffing the squad cuz I know when to spark to avoid purge and if Im the only tank, then there's no need for me to waste time on spamming bp. But if there is a different tank or a decent barb that can still catch aggro from me from time to time thn I use any opportunity I get to buff him as well as the rest of the squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Octarius - Raging Tide
    Octarius - Raging Tide Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Ran abba the other night and another sin was in the group. So I asked him...When the bm hf's you pop subsea while I'm sparking. I'll drop extreme poison and we'll drop him in just a few seconds. He said and I quote "I am a straight sage sin who attacks only. If you want to use sub sea by all means use it. Do not ask me or require me to use certain skills when I don't wish too. Thanks and good day!" I was in complete aww. This sin did not have any skills leveled. None what so ever. He was 101 for crying out loud! lol Everyone in the group begame loling him and after a few seconds he said "I seem to be the target of a good laugh. If that is how you all wish to behave I will take my "Skills" elsewhere". And he left the group.

I honestly didn't know what to think except....when did he buy the account? What do you all think on it?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Ran abba the other night and another sin was in the group. So I asked him...When the bm hf's you pop subsea while I'm sparking. I'll drop extreme poison and we'll drop him in just a few seconds. He said and I quote "I am a straight sage sin who attacks only. If you want to use sub sea by all means use it. Do not ask me or require me to use certain skills when I don't wish too. Thanks and good day!" I was in complete aww. This sin did not have any skills leveled. None what so ever. He was 101 for crying out loud! lol Everyone in the group begame loling him and after a few seconds he said "I seem to be the target of a good laugh. If that is how you all wish to behave I will take my "Skills" elsewhere". And he left the group.

I honestly didn't know what to think except....when did he buy the account? What do you all think on it?

I think when he drops subsea you should be dropping TM and not EP. b:lipcurl

And that sin is super lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options

Actually, half of the sins running around with G16 seem to have **** to mediocre armor as far as I've seen. I think there are more sins with G16 weapon without tome and below 6k hp then sins with G16 weapon and armor up to every job. Not saying it's your case, cause I never saw your gear or anything. It's just something I noticed.

Btw, the part of "I can duo boss with bb" about aba makes it slightly unrealistic. Except for the bleed, which won't be reduced by bb, aba boss has really low damage (around 300~400), ijs.

It's because many say while they can't. Especially in metal, where anyone can "tank" it in some fast squad that kills it before he frenzies. As soon as it lasts more then 1 spark, many sins that say they can tank it tend to die. I've been in numerous bh squads, also including other bhs, where a sin sais he/she can tank something but fails.

Then again, in squadlist the person can just take a look at your hp to see if you're bragging or being realistic.

Tbh, I don't ribstike that much anymore. Only on though bosses or for the hp debuff (sage rib). Besides, most of the time there is a demon sin so he would have (maybe should have) better ribstrike then me except for 1st time on hp debuffable bosses.
    When the barb pull just 2 or 3 mobs in abba/seat..... oh jesus... even i can pull more mobs, you are a barb what are you waiting for? want me to pull?

I hate that too. Especially from those 30k+ monsters that could easily do it in 2 to 3 pulls or 30'ish mobs instead of 30'ish "pulls" of 2 to 3 mobs.
  • gaf
    gaf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I tank as an assassin so... lack of heals?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Other sins not bothering to ribstrike when I'm clearly struggling tanking a boss and there's no healer around. ~_~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Clericless Nirvanas are great for everyone... except the tank.

I tank np now, but it's really frustrating being in a clericless vana squad and looking around to see me tanking and 5 people that need me to tank because they joined a clericless vana but have +4 refines.

My rule: If you can't tank vana without a cleric, don't join one. Even if you expect someone else to tank for you while you just dd.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    I had a similar experience on my bm saku, the sins messed up their sparks super bad, and timed everything wrong on the bird boss in vana. I ended up tanking with +5 deicide. I could tank fine, 6.6k hp, pots being used, but i was just surprised, can't the sins take back agro with their numerous chi gaining skills? It's not that hard to time the fire and to move away, sure sins don't have leap back skill that i use on bm, but still.....was not a fun run.

I tanked the bh metal boss with an awesome barb b:victory, as a bm. I tried it before, and died horribly. Only difference, this time i used mag def charms. Boss frenzied 4 times, before dying. Not sure why sins can't use mag def charms, or pdef charms on bosses when tanking. They are not that hard to farm, especially in 2x if doing it solo. I made 8k perfect chi stones from 2 bosses. 800 def charms last a while in pve situations.

Major problem with "tanks" these days is the reliance on using spark and bp to tank, and bb for heals+damage reduction. Awesome tanking is done by seeing how few charm ticks the person had. While if a person uses pots, def charms, apoc items, base items, base buffs, morai wine, genie, there is no need for charm tick tanking. That is just my opinion though, as i venture into the pve world.

The above paragraph does not apply to sins, because bosses will one shot you, unlike a bm b:mischievousb:avoid. Having experienced bosses with both my low hp bm and sin. Sin dies quick, plus i have no idea how to play sin. Bm is so much easier to keep alive.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    My rule: If you can't tank vana without a cleric, don't join one. Even if you expect someone else to tank for you while you just dd.

b:chuckle If only everyone would go by that rule, would make things a lot easier. Especially since a healerles squad isn't faster if sins (or even bms which is rarer) are dying a lot because of the lack of a healer.
    Awesome tanking is done by seeing how few charm ticks the person had. While if a person uses pots, def charms, apoc items, base items, base buffs, morai wine, genie, there is no need for charm tick tanking. That is just my opinion though, as i venture into the pve world.

Imo, if you need all that to tank the instance, just take a healer. I don't see a difference between pots and a charm tick. Swapping out 1 DD for a heale,r or sometimes barb cause hp buff is enough, won't make your run way slower. I even refuse to buff with barb or cleric before entering, because I simply consider that if those buffs are needed, we should just get someone of that class for the run.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle If only everyone would go by that rule, would make things a lot easier. Especially since a healerles squad isn't faster if sins (or even bms which is rarer) are dying a lot because of the lack of a healer.

True.

I personally know many people who just go "Well, no need to tank when <BestFriendHere> will tank for me". And then there's the people who go "No need for high refines when everything dies so fast!"

Though, for Nirvana, a good squad would only get deaths against Gold Phoenix. And that would be mostly because of a dumb tank. It's not too uncommon for a high-end squad (5aps +10, for example) to have the highest DD be someone who can just shrug off the fire debuff on that boss. Doesn't have to hold for everyone else in the squad. End result is you get people dying to the flame because the person with aggro can tank it while some of the others can't.

Similarly, I've seen people dying against Demonic Tyrant due to timing issues, such as bad HF timing causing the boss to not die before he does his special attack, or people dying because they try to tank it with AD and mess the timing.
    Imo, if you need all that to tank the instance, just take a healer. I don't see a difference between pots and a charm tick. Swapping out 1 DD for a heale,r or sometimes barb cause hp buff is enough, won't make your run way slower. I even refuse to buff with barb or cleric before entering, because I simply consider that if those buffs are needed, we should just get someone of that class for the run.

Having ran somewhere close to 30 Nirvana runs in 5aps squads in the past 3 days, I can say that the buffing thing is pretty common. In fact, I noticed that the buffing is what tends to separate a good squad from an excellent one. A good squad will take several minutes with the buffs whereas an excellent squad gets it done with little extra time spent. Similarly, the "good" squads tend to rebuff more often than the "excellent" ones. And quite often this buffing slows down the running significantly. I've had a squad that takes maybe 10 minutes per run turn into a 15 minute/run squad due to the buffs.

As for swapping squad members, it's usually whatever the squad leader fancies that happens. Some like all BM/sin squads, others like a Veno in there. As for a barb, I might put a barb up at the level of a Veno in terms of damage additions. Level 10 Devour is perfectly spammable and gives a 50% pdef reduction. Not a single boss is immune that, unlike Amplify Damage. A barb with all of their skills would also have Clean Sweep, putting them even closer to a Venomancer in usefulness. If you add in buffs and ability to solo the foxes against Vampiric Sovereign and I would say Barbs are good for Nirvana.

The thing is, people don't think like that. People don't think about pdef debuffs. That's most likely because unlike amps, they're not as straight-forward, so measuring them is tougher. Otherwise you'd have squads asking not only for Sage Amp, but also Sage Ironwood.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Though, for Nirvana, a good squad would only get deaths against Gold Phoenix. And that would be mostly because of a dumb tank. It's not too uncommon for a high-end squad (5aps +10, for example) to have the highest DD be someone who can just shrug off the fire debuff on that boss. Doesn't have to hold for everyone else in the squad. End result is you get people dying to the flame because the person with aggro can tank it while some of the others can't.

Also keep in mind that chicken changes aggro randomly. And that on some pc the fires don't show that clearly, especially with some firework weapons in squad b:laugh I also see deaths sometimes with black/white wing boss and snake boss.

Ofc, everyone can die sometimes cause of a stupid mistake or inattention, but there are also the squads where someone dies about every boss. And then still refuse to take a healer because it slows them down.
    Having ran somewhere close to 30 Nirvana runs in 5aps squads in the past 3 days, I can say that the buffing thing is pretty common. In fact, I noticed that the buffing is what tends to separate a good squad from an excellent one. A good squad will take several minutes with the buffs whereas an excellent squad gets it done with little extra time spent. Similarly, the "good" squads tend to rebuff more often than the "excellent" ones. And quite often this buffing slows down the running significantly. I've had a squad that takes maybe 10 minutes per run turn into a 15 minute/run squad due to the buffs.

I only see a use in buffing 1h buffs when knowing you're going to run with the same squad at least during the next 50~60min. In what I call an "exellent" squad, the buffs really won't matter much.
    The thing is, people don't think like that. People don't think about pdef debuffs. That's most likely because unlike amps, they're not as straight-forward, so measuring them is tougher. Otherwise you'd have squads asking not only for Sage Amp, but also Sage Ironwood.

Phys defence debuffs are just the most common. Cleric, barbs and venos have it continuous and bms have a temporary costing 2 sparks. Out of the continous, barbs have in addition their buffs, clerics have their buffs and healing, venos have bramble, chance to armor break, amp, hp regen debuff for unampable bosses and purge for 2nd boss if needed (considering here a demon veno will have pierce). I actually agree that veno is the most usefull even if devour is slighly better, cause the other advantages of barb/cleric are kinda insignificant with all +10 gear.

That being said, I don't think it's worth searching for hours for a veno. Nor do I refuse clerics/barbs. If squad has 2 good DD and 2 good debuff/amp support (me being able to take 1 of those spots), I don't care that much what classes the squad is made off or which role/class to get for the last 2 spots.
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Options
    When I was in fc, and sold a room these little **** cases were like, "Hey, we need kill assistance!" So being the good natured human being that I am I stuck around and helped them kill the boss and harpies. So then after all that I said that I was about to go then they were like, "Wait, we need help killing mobs!" So I died like 3 times and the little twats were making disrepectful comments about me and say things like, "I have a sin with such and such gear and refines." I should've had the nerve to say the things that I wanted at the time, but time has passed and I have long forgotten my disdain.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    " we dont need sin in delta "

... yeah... how about the runner mobs and BP?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • kawaiijen
    kawaiijen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    " we dont need sin in delta "

... yeah... how about the runner mobs and BP?

How do you think we did it before the fishsticks were even thought of?

Pre Tide 2009.

Completed Rebirth with a squad in TT90 green gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the sig <3

GM Support * Contact Me * Have a Suggestion?
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Hokay...

If there are two sins in squad and one is obviously the tank, the other should rib strike.

Sins that refine for hp but leave their ornies/rings at +2

Barbs that Flesh Ream. Rather, Barbs that don't devour and spend their time doing other things like Flesh Reaming or auto attacking. Devour.

I was in a skype with a couple of friends, all of which have a ton of alts so we do like 4-5 BHs together each changing toons in between. The barb didn't know I was the sin during a Metal, and at the boss I grabbed aggro and he says "That stoopid sin. Taking Aggro on this boss" and people start laughing because he didn't know I was the sin. Ofc, tanked the boss and adv boss no problem. This "I R tank" mentality, or "sin's can't tank that" mentality annoys me. Same thing when you see a "We need a tank for xxxxx boss" and you pm 'sin' and they say "we need someone that can tank and ignore you. I know this is because so many sins fail at tanking (that same skype group has a 5.4k hp G16 sin...) but many of us also rock.

Delta 2 BH days... "Need aoe dd". I'm sorry, but I have a zerk weapon, Subsea, frenzy, Tangling Mire, Chill of the deep, and chi skills so that I can trip spark before using my two aoes and drop 40-120k bombs depending on the zerk. That's not the true for all sins, but getting rejected by squads because a. 'I'm not aoe dd' or b. 'we already have 1 sin' is ****. For about 20 seconds I out dd my G15 seeker and by then almost everything is dead. Delta 2 is pretty much soloable by anyone with decent gear and all these squad makers try to make the perfect squad "cleric, barb, seeker, bm, wizard, sin/archer/psy" for what amounts to about the same level of difficulty as BH59.

H&Ts on level 100s. H&Ts on level 95s, too, but it's hard convincing idiots to give up aps for dph and dps by going Pixie Piercers.

Sage sin's that don't rebuff revived squad mates while they say "paint please. Paint. Can I please get paint? Can you paint me?" and then absolutely flip when you overwrite their paint to buff the person who didn't have it. Should have paid attention.

BM's that can't time HF. If you're out dding your squadmates by 2:1, 4:1, 6:1... and they're not HFing your spark you should stop attacking the boss and stab them.

...think that about covers it for now.

about the delta part, i'd really prefer like 2 wiz's to 2 sins o.o or even 1 sin..... when i got an aps bm/archer
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited October 2012
    Options
    about the delta part, i'd really prefer like 2 wiz's to 2 sins o.o or even 1 sin..... when i got an aps bm/archer

Sorry, but aps has what to do with delta? Its not like an aps sin, aps bm, and aps archer are competing for the same job in delta.

Anyways, my point was that delta isn't not that hard. A group of 100+ running a Delta 2 is about as difficult as a group of 100+ running a BH59. A delta 3 is about as difficult as a BH69. Needing to find the "golden rainbow" squad to make it work is just silly. My other point is that for stage 1 the mobs rarely last for longer than 20 seconds after they're brough back to bubble and in stage two most are dead within about 50-60 seconds. For about half of that a sin can be one of your highest dd's and then aoes hit cooldown and so do your spark skills.

I get it, people prefer wizzies or seekers. But they're definitely not needed and in something as simple as a delta 2 they really don't help. What does help is knowing that you have paint heals when you arma so you can use that aoe as a barb and do more damage, mobs will die quicker, and you'll hold aggro longer while still remaining with 100% hp.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I am not saying that sin is necessary, but it turns me angry when someone doesnt take certain class in squad if there is one wanting to come and the squad itself is otherwise fine. Sin in that point would ease the work in it's own way.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Often times when we trio or have less than a full squad for full delta, we take a sin for bp. Someones alt usually. BP is a big life saver, not needed, but every bit helps.

Sins can be useful in delta, but that requires sins to use skills and not aps mostly. After doing a full delta on my sin, i can say for sure, sins are boring in delta, i want my bm in delta always b:victory. Good thing about sins, since they so many chi building skills, they can always SS at 30 second intervals.

All classes can have fun in delta, but it depends on who is going and their attitude :). If people will be complaining about mp, hp food, charm ticks, deaths, repair costs, time, boredom, than i think full delta might not be the best thing for you. Most of the times our clerics are hilarious people, so makes for fun runs.

For bh delta, any class works, wave 3 is a slight issue, but a competent, bm/barb, or a competent squad b:shocked b:shutup, can do it as well.
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    True.

I personally know many people who just go "Well, no need to tank when <BestFriendHere> will tank for me". And then there's the people who go "No need for high refines when everything dies so fast!"

Even though I have stopped playing again for awhile... I must say that I suck in nirvana... Almost every other instance in this game is a cake walk for me.... But, I am color blind and when the info says stay out of the red circle or run to the red circle or whatever it was at pheonix I look at my screen and yell WHERE IT ALL LOOKS RED AND ON FIRE!!!!

Also the strange random lag spikes I get in nirvana. I see my squad run try to follow them and I die right beside them from something I can't explain. I die anywhere from 3-6 times per run... So I just stopped running nirvanas... Actually I stopped playing entirely because of multiple real life things... But the nirvana runs were stopped first
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Options
    KawaiiJen wrote: »
    How do you think we did it before the fishsticks were even thought of?

And this is the main reason why my culti have been stuck on w4 for almost a year.. That, and I refuse to form a squad for something I have never done before b:surrender

Sometimes people should just think of the fact that the fishes (stabby ones) need their quests done just as much as any other class b:chuckle
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse